The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 10:12 pm

"I hope so, I should like to think of her as a sister, seeing as how we were both aided greatly by you my lady." She smiled at Gia's trademark humility.

"I have not personally met the king, but I have heard tales of his.. conquests. And not just him but other courtiers. The higher the rank the greater the sin. But I have kept my mind on the future, none of the men at court have incited any of those feelings in me anyway. And I am proud to say that Anthony has kept faithful to me. Nothing at court can affect either of us, and I shall hope to make more of a good example when I return." But returning to court was far from Charlotte's mind.

"Yes, Her Highness is the perfect lady, and a great example of kindness and beauty. I think we shall be great friends as well. I think you would like her, and she has expressed an interest in meeting you."

She laughed as she made herself more comfortable in the soft chair. "Lately this child has hardly given his poor mother a rest with all his kicking! And he has been craving copious amounts of cake and sweets. Honey, especially." Her eyes shone with tenderness. "I have never thought my world would center on someone, and my heart would love so much a person I have never even laid eyes on.. Already I would do anything for my chlld." She smiled and a tear fell from her eye.
Back to top Go down
Gia Francesca Gasparri
Countess of Venice
Gia Francesca Gasparri

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 7:20 pm

Gia shook her head, tsking. "Tsk, tsk, tsk...it is a wonder aynthing is done at such a court."
She gave a smile, "I am very glad to here of your faithfulness...both of yours," she nodded.

She gave a warm smile, "oh, do not tell me you have mentioned me around her," she gave a laugh, waving a hand. "I am certain I should also like to meet such an accomplished young woman as she...though I am certain she still does not compare to my little Lotte," she pointed, smiling.

Gia laughed placing a hand on her chest, "ohhh, that sounds like my first pregnancy," she recalled. She felt a slight moment of sadness, yet she smiled it away, though her heart ached. She took her hand and wiped Charlotte's tear away, "my child, do not cry...this is such a beautiful thing," she laughed. "Of course you feel love...they are inside you, closer than anyone has ever been to your heart before," she smiled, "they will look exactly like you, and perhaps even remind you of family...if ever there were a person as such that was not related to you by blood, you would love them that way too," she laughed.

She pointed, grinning, "and kicking and sweet cravings I have heard are signs of a strong boy."
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 8:34 pm

"Yes, court can be a very distracting place, but there is also much merriment and feasts for any reason at all. In my condition I have been glad for the abundance of food," she chuckled lightly.

She smiled, warmed by Gia's own smile. "Her Highness is very kind and level-headed, so I think she has me beat in that respect. But I thank you, my lady." Charlotte blushed as she was complimented.

The tears she shed slowed, did not cease right away. She knew her child was the most precious thing in her life. "It is the purest and strongest love I have ever felt for anyone. It matters not to me if it is a boy or girl, but if you say as such I shall believe it!" she laughed. "I have a favor to ask: would you do us the honor of being the godmother?"

Back to top Go down
Gia Francesca Gasparri
Countess of Venice
Gia Francesca Gasparri

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 8:09 pm

Gia laughed, clapping her hands at the thought of Charlotte attending the feasts often at the demands of her growing child.

She gave a wave, "proper ladies are not born, they are made," Gia laughed. "You two, I am certain, could be equals."

She tilted her head, placing a hand upon her throat in slight confusion. "Good heavens, child, why me?" she laughed, "I am certain you could think of someone younger, surely," she jested. "A friend of yours at the new court, or perhaps Sir Kniverts family?" she added.
She turned her head to rub her neck, in her mind debating whether she should tell Charlotte...
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 11:58 pm

Charlotte blushed at the compliment that she herself could come to be a true lady in every respect of the word.

"I suppose I could ask Princess Mary Rose, she is the closest friend I have at court, and Anthony has no family. I immediately thought of you.." She looked worried as Gia seemed to hold something back from her. "There is something you are not saying, my lady. Please, do tell what it is." Charlotte's voice grew quiet as she feared some bad news.
Back to top Go down
Gia Francesca Gasparri
Countess of Venice
Gia Francesca Gasparri

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 5:25 pm

Gia gave a faint smile, her hand still on her throat, yet she shook her head, "I think they would be best," she nodded.
She placed her hand over her chest, feeling herself shake. She gave a wave, forcing a smile. "It may be nothing...I have just been having some pains in my stomach for some time." She leaned toward Charlotte, "but I am sending for my physicians in Venice, and...I may leave court to recover with my brother at his manor."
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 12:07 am

Charlotte clasped Gia's hands in hers. Worry clouded her eyes. "Why did you not tell me before? Please, is there anything I can do?" She was so scared now that Gia mentioned bringing in physicians, and even the probability that Gia would return to Italy. "I don't.. I don't want you to leave. I'll go with you!"
Back to top Go down
Gia Francesca Gasparri
Countess of Venice
Gia Francesca Gasparri

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 4:11 pm

Gia shook her head, waving her hand, "I did not want to worry you in your condition, and besides, it is perhaps nothing," she nodded, more to reassure herself.

She shook her head, "there is nothing that can be done, it is in God's hands...the pains come when they want and reside after a while."

She gave a laugh, "good heavens, child, no," she shook her head. She put her hand ontop of Charlotte's as she clasped her own hands, "you have your own life and family now to care for...you have a husband and soon you will have a baby, you need not leave them for me."

She laughed to herself as she wondered whether Sir Knivert would be happy to see her out of their lives, yet she shook the thought away.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 6:59 am

Charlotte could only shake her head sadly. "You were there for me so many times. I wish only to be there for you and show you the same kindnesses." She took a deep breath and slowly exhaled. "Is there anything you are taking for the pains as of now? What have the physicians said so far?" She knew Gia was right, that Charlotte had her own family to look out for now, but she couldn't help feeling a little selfish in that regard. "You are the closest I have to family right now. If I don't worry over you that will speak so lowly of my true heart." She knew now what it was like to fuss over an ailing parent, it was a new feeling of responsibility she had towards the woman who had saved her years ago.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Knivert
Gentleman of the Royal Household
Anthony Knivert

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 5:28 am

I got word my wife was visiting the lady Gasparii, I wanted to apologize for my behavior during my last visit so I decided to suck up my pride and speak to her.
A servant announced me as I saw the two women siting and talking. Charlotte looking like a angel, glowing from her pregnancy.

"Good day ladies" I said and bowed my head.
Back to top Go down
Gia Francesca Gasparri
Countess of Venice
Gia Francesca Gasparri

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 6:23 pm

Gia leaned forward, tapping Charlotte's hand, "I know you do...but you need not concern yourself so horribly in your state," she laughed, "you have a life of your own, and you have now with you, two others," she smiled. She took a breath, a faint smile on her lips, "whatever it is...I want you not to be upset if you were not here during my passing."

She shook her head, "there is nothing to take...these are nothing but the pains that come from stillborn children and miscarriages...and old age," she looked Charlotte in the eye.

Gia shook her head, "no, no...if you do not look over me, it means I have helped raise you to become a good wife and mother whom looks after her own...there is no neglect in it," she tried to reassure her. "You may always visit Venice whenever you wish, but you need not do it to look after me."

Gia heard her servant announce Sir Knivert, and she raised her chin, surprised that he should come. "Good day, Sir Knivert," she gave a faint smile, her nerves still unraveled from her confession of illness to Charlotte. "What brings you to my chambers?" she looked at Charlotte, knowing the reason was her.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 9:18 pm

A small jolt of panic went through Charlotte as Gia implied she may pass away. She shook her head, her eyes wide. "No.. no, you will not.. die. You will live, you are very strong and always have been. There must be some new drafts that can be made, something to take the pains away. I worry.. half of the world's physicians are brainless dolts who will kill by trying to help. The other half are taking their time about making new medicines. What you need is the fresh sea air of Venice, that will surely calm you."

She could not look away from Gia when she mentioned stillborns and miscarriages. "Yes, you have helped in raising me, therefore you are part of my family. If you hurt, I hurt. I would love to visit you in Venice, and when I do see you, you will be recovering." She said this emphatically.

Looking up as her husband was announced, she smiled faintly, glad to see him but the news she'd had from Gia put a sobering effect and so her head still swam with uncertainty. "Good day, my love."
Back to top Go down
Gia Francesca Gasparri
Countess of Venice
Gia Francesca Gasparri

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 6:59 pm

Gia shook her head, "I do not think they have a cure for old age," she gave a faint laugh. Yet she nodded, "but I do think perhaps it is Venice I miss."

She gave a laugh, "I am certain I shall recover," she nodded, again also to reassure herself.

Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 5:27 am

"Who could not miss Venice? I believe it can even 'cure old age' as you say," she said with a slight smile. She looked from Gia to Anthony. "Do you.. need to talk? I can excuse myself.."
Back to top Go down
Anthony Knivert
Anthony Knivert

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 6:40 am

I bowed my head, I hope i'm not disturbing ladies. I just wanted a moment to speak with the lady Gasparii when it is convenient for you." I said and locked my arms behind my back.
Back to top Go down
Gia Francesca Gasparri
Countess of Venice
Gia Francesca Gasparri

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 5:27 pm

Gia gave a nod, and turned to Charlotte, placing a light hand on hers. "Don't worry about me...if you wish, we can finish speaking later," she smiled.

She forced a smile at Sir Knivert, though she was still nervous, and she motioned toward another chair in the room. "Would you like a seat, signore?"
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 2:50 am

She hoped fervently that another argument would not arise, these two had such tempers. Charlotte, thinking herself to be rather cool-headed, stayed seated. "Of course, we shall speak later." She looked up at Anthony, silently willing him to remain calm as he was at that moment.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Knivert
Anthony Knivert

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 3:49 am

I took a seat and looked at the Gasparii who didn't seem too pleased to me. I cleared my throat. "Well first of all I would like to apologize for my behavior during our previous meeting. My anger took over me and I forgot my manners." I said and glanced at Charlotte. "I would also like to thank you for take Charlotte and I in during this time. It was my fault that his majesty, King Henry, banished us. I'm a man in love and acted very foolish" I said and looked at her waited for a response.
Back to top Go down
Gia Francesca Gasparri
Countess of Venice
Gia Francesca Gasparri

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 4:17 pm

Gia shook her head, giving a wave of her hand. "I fear we both are at fault for that, signore, I think we were both rather stressed about different things," Gia spoke.

She placed a hand over her heart, her eyes widening. "Banishment?" she turned to Charlotte, "he banished you?" she looked at Sir Knivert. Gia knew that the kings of any land were supposed to have a say in the marriage of nobility, but she never expected such a king to turn his back when someone eloped.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Knivert
Anthony Knivert

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 6:48 pm

I looked at Charlotte and gulped. She obviously didn't say why we were here. "My lady the truth is his majesty has certain obligations that he must oblige by. He couldn't give me any special treatment. I didn't get his permission to marry Charlotte, so my punishment was to be banished til the child is born" I said as saw the look on Charlotte's face like I should of keep my mouth shut.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 8:42 pm

Charlotte held her breath the entire time they spoke of banishment. She tried to keep the shocked look off her face and attempted a smile but she knew it looked false. "My lady, I was going to tell you, but we began to talk of.. other things, and I did not want to cause you further stress." I had the feeling she did not want to speak of her illness in front of Anthony. "But my husband is right, King Henry does not like anyone to elope, and though Anthony is one of his closest friends, he still had to make an example." She paused. "That was the only reason, and.. once we return all will be forgiven." Or at least she hoped so.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Knivert
Anthony Knivert

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 6:44 am

I spoke again before she could speak "Yes, king Henry could not play favorites. His intentions were purely political" I said even though I know Henry was upset with me and my decision to wed without his permission. But I dare not tell the lady Gasparii that.
Back to top Go down
Gia Francesca Gasparri
Countess of Venice
Gia Francesca Gasparri

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 5:18 pm

Gia looked at the two as they spoke, her hand on her neck. Normally she would perhaps have questioned further, but she could see the two had become resolved to it. Also she knew she did not want to upset Charlotte and hurt the baby. And she feared her own stomach pains also came with stress...

She nodded, sighing, "I see." She looked at Charlotte and Sir Knivert, smiling faintly, "then I hope you shall worry about this...I hope you two will still enjoy the stay here, and perhaps venture back with me to Venice, when the time comes."

Gia clasped her hands together, "have you met Mionetta yet? And been to the coronation of the queen?" she smiled.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 9:27 pm

"I have missed Bavaria so much, I've missed it almost as much as Italy.." she glanced happily at Anthony. "I would absolutely love to go back to Venice, I think it would be a marvelous time to go, Carnivale is nearly upon us," she said, remembering the masquerades and parties.

She nodded when Gia mentioned Mionetta. "I have met with her, she appears to me to be a true asset to the school. We spoke at length, I found her to be a very noble woman, with good values." In saying that she felt as though she herself was the opposite. "I was at the coronation but I did not linger much afterwards."

Back to top Go down
Gia Francesca Gasparri
Countess of Venice
Gia Francesca Gasparri

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 6:34 pm

Gia nodded, though she somewhat wished to ask further questions. "Yes, it is almost here."

She smiled, "I am glad you see potential in her as well, for I fear she does not see it in herself."

"So you say you shall be here until the child is born?" she raised an eyebrow, "and then perhaps when you have been churched and you and the baby are strong enough for travel?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom   Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gia Francesca Gasparri's Bedroom
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next