The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Entrance Hall

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Thomas Cromwell
Earl of Essex
Thomas Cromwell

Entrance Hall Empty
PostSubject: Entrance Hall   Entrance Hall I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 6:25 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Thomas Cromwell
Earl of Essex
Thomas Cromwell

Entrance Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entrance Hall   Entrance Hall I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 6:29 am

Not long after he received Wolsey's letter did Cromwell take it upon himself to visit his old mentor at Jericho House. He'd gone alone, telling no one of his plans to visit, and brought none of his men either, the better to keep a low profile.

Upon entering the drafty old place, he stopped a servant and asked to see Cardinal Wolsey at once, and to inform him that Thomas Cromwell had come, as his letter requested. Standing in the hallway, able to feel the cold creep into his bones before another servant came to light up a nearby brazier, he waited.
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

Entrance Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entrance Hall   Entrance Hall I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 9:02 pm

The servant bowed and left the hall but he came back in a second.

His Eminence is waiting for you in his living room, sir Cromwell, if you want to follow me, please.

He walked ahead of him and stopped at the open door to let him enter, closing the door gently behind him.
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

Entrance Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entrance Hall   Entrance Hall I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 1:52 am

Edward was returning to court and decided to pay a visit to his father's old friend. As he rode up with his retinue he noticed the stark contrast between this residence and the one's The Cardinal had once lived in. He called him resplendent in his glory, power and respect and now reduced to a little hall. As charming as it was he could imagine the struggle for Wolsey.

Dismounting his horse, Edward took off his leather riding gloves and beckoned his squire,"Go and inform the Cardinal that he has a visit from a friend..."
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

Entrance Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entrance Hall   Entrance Hall I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 10:16 pm

George entered the hall quietly, curious who the visitor was who introduced himself as a friend. He hoped it was Cromwell, the Cardinal asked for him every day, even though he knew very well that Cromwell was busy at court. When he recognized the Duke of Windsor, he smiled. Wolsey would be happy to see the son of his old friend. He approached him quickly.

Lord Windsor! My master will be so glad to see you, but I must beg you to be careful, he is very ill, please, don't upset him. I will take your coat and scarf, thank you. Now follow me, please, my Lord, I do hope you don't bring more bad news, he gets bad news every day! he chatted incessantly while he took his cold and wet coat and walked in front of him to the living room to announce him.
Back to top Go down
Mary Tudor
Princess of Wales
Mary Tudor

Entrance Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entrance Hall   Entrance Hall I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 11:27 pm

Mary arrived Jericho House.
She enter the old Hall.
Anywhere rains it through the roof.

" Hello is there anybody? Joan?"
Back to top Go down
Joan Larke
Governess
Joan Larke

Entrance Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entrance Hall   Entrance Hall I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 8:23 pm

*She appears with an old shawll on her shulders and her eyes can'tbelieve who she sees there, she's totally surprised!*

Your highness *she looks down and makes a bow* I can't belive you have... what can I help you with Princess Mary?
Back to top Go down
Mary Tudor
Princess of Wales
Mary Tudor

Entrance Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entrance Hall   Entrance Hall I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 8:46 pm

" I have hear what is with Cardinal Wolsey happen.I know its hart for you.
I want give you some money that you can repair the roof."

Mary give her a pouch with money.
Back to top Go down
Joan Larke
Governess
Joan Larke

Entrance Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entrance Hall   Entrance Hall I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 1:45 am

*The words of Princess Mary touch her so much but she can't accept her money, she knows the girl is not is very good terms with her father and she doesn't want to be abusive*
Oh your highness, I thank you very much but I can't accept your money, you already do too much for me giving me your kind and sincere support
Back to top Go down
Mary Tudor
Princess of Wales
Mary Tudor

Entrance Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entrance Hall   Entrance Hall I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 9:21 am

Mary smilie friendly at her.

" To give help is my highest ambition,i will follow in my mothers footsteps.
Also when my father does not like to see.Please you can take the money."

Mary hold the pouch with money to her.
Back to top Go down
Joan Larke
Governess
Joan Larke

Entrance Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entrance Hall   Entrance Hall I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 11:15 pm

*She smiles overwhelmed with the young and wise girl's word* I will take it then, I am sure you wouldn't like a negative to one of your saint mum's good actions, she was a great queen and woman, always worrying for those ones beneath her, you are her living pride your grace
*She takes the bag* I promise I will give each coin back to you if someday I have them, thankyou very much! *she approaches to the girl and hugs her with tears in her eyes* would you like a cup of tea and a piece of bread? Is all I can offer your highness
Back to top Go down
Mary Tudor
Princess of Wales
Mary Tudor

Entrance Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entrance Hall   Entrance Hall I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 11:23 pm

Mary hug her bag.
" That is a present you must not give it back.Yes i drink a cup of tea with you.
And perhubs you can tell me more from to the ground of the confinement of Thomas.
I have speak with Cancelor Thomas More but he can`t tell me the faithful ground.
What i know is that the accusation is treason."

Mary take a sit.

" I have a guess.Thomas write my mother a letter and that the spys have notice that.
Who knows from that,that Thomas have write a Letter to my mother?"
Back to top Go down
Joan Larke
Governess
Joan Larke

Entrance Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entrance Hall   Entrance Hall I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 4:27 pm

*she smiles at the girl's kind words* please follow me, we will be more comfortable next to the fireplace *she leads the girl to a little room between bedroom and kitchen and makes her sit in an old armchair. Then brings tea and cups and pours two cups* here you are your grace.

*She sits down and starts to talk sadly* my beloved Thomas and I have been in this situation since we had to leave the court. He wrote to that bitch of Anne Bleyn asking her for help but she refused, even though, long time ago she promised she would always speak to your father the king is Thomas' favour. So he decided to write to your mother, she's a great woman, and all that ended with treason charges and prison. I am sure my love's enemies were waiting for the littles thing to use it against him, and that's what they did, awful men!
Now I am desperate, ahhhh, there's no one more loyal to the king than my Thomas, he can't be so blind, he has to see it!
Back to top Go down
Mary Tudor
Princess of Wales
Mary Tudor

Entrance Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entrance Hall   Entrance Hall I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 4:39 pm

Mary listen at her words.

" Oh Joan i am so sorry to hear this.I know that Wolsey and my mother have not all time the best relation.
But this he have not deserved."

Mary take her hand and give her comfort.

" Perhubs the King show mercy at Thomas."

Back to top Go down
Joan Larke
Governess
Joan Larke

Entrance Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entrance Hall   Entrance Hall I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 7:14 pm

All the time they shared living at court and they didn't have time to know each other enough, though, my Thomas knows the great woman your mother is, thankyou for everything your grace!

*She holds her hand in hers* the King's mercy and the triumph of Justice is all we pray for
Back to top Go down
Mary Tudor
Princess of Wales
Mary Tudor

Entrance Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entrance Hall   Entrance Hall I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 9:11 pm

I will pray for you and Thomas and i will speak with my mother about of all what happen.
Now i must go i don´t want that anybody notice that i am here.
Perhubs spies from Boleyn are control me.I don´t want that you became more
problems."

Mary stand up and hug her.
She put the cowl from her cloak over her head.
Than she leave Joan and go back to London.
Back to top Go down
Joan Larke
Governess
Joan Larke

Entrance Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entrance Hall   Entrance Hall I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 9:04 pm

Thankyou very much your highness, you're already doing so much for us, I don't want to cause any problems to you or to your dear mother, send my regards to her.
*She hugs Princess Mary warmly and accompanies her to the door. Then comes back ¡ to the old wooden chair and her thoughts are with her beloved Thomas immediately. She starts to pray for him to come back soon to her loving arms*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Entrance Hall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entrance Hall   Entrance Hall I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Entrance Hall
Page 1 of 1