The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom

Go down 
+2
Gia Francesca Gasparri
Richard Meyer
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mionetta Rizzo
Singer
Mionetta Rizzo

Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom   Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 2:19 am

Mionetta nodded, taking a sip from her globet, "yes, I think I could write to my mother...or perhaps ask my brother, as I am certain he would tell me the truth."

She smiled, "yes she can...but all for the better," she raised her goblet. She tried to recall, "yes...a Signore Rodrigo de Barcelona, a Signore Domingo, and Signore Cristobal Bertoli," she blushed a moment at Cristobal's name. "Signore Bertoli is my age," she laughed, "he has a lovely baritone voice...and he is...rather handsome," she confessed.

Mionetta attempted not to smirk, though it perhaps became plain to see. Gia had told Mionetta of Charlotte's time in England, and how she had become pregnant with Sir Knivert's child before she possessed his name...
"I do not plan on doing such a thing...I am intent on keeping my virtue as long as I can, for I know soon, I shall perhaps have a few suitors either where I go, or back home in Venice." She imagined for a moment being the wife of handsome Cristobal, the two perhaps singing over all of Christiandom.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom   Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 2:57 am

Charlotte leaned forward in her seat, intrigued now. "Why do you think this would be kept secret? And from you, you have a right to know about your family," she said.

She caught the sparkle in Mionetta's eye and the blush on her cheek as she mentioned this Signore Bertoli. "I would love to meet this gentleman you speak so highly of," she said with a small laugh and a smile.

Her smiled faded just a bit as she saw the knowing glace Mionetta gave. Charlotte sat up straighter, placing her hands on her prominent belly. She was past shame in something she saw as such a beautiful gift. "You are wise to say so.. unfortunately we do not all follow in the same direction," she said, smiling and chuckling.
Back to top Go down
Mionetta Rizzo
Singer
Mionetta Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom   Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 2:24 am

Mionetta shrugged, "I know not...I always thought we came from gypsies."

She smiled, "he is a very good teacher...and he has these dark curls that stop at his shoulders, and these lovely dark blue eyes and handsome cleft," she bit her lip.

Netta nodded and looked down, not exactly knowing what to say. "But how is your husband? What is he like?" she spoke.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom   Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 5:39 am

"Gypsies!" Charlotte repeated "I think that is quite interesting. I have only come across one or two bands of gypsies during my travels."

She giggled at Mionetta's description of her music teacher. "He sounds very handsome indeed.. like a hero from a novel. I would like to meet him someday, to see him for myself!"

Charlotte smiled as she thought of Anthony, there was no way she could describe everything about him and have her understand. "Oh, he is very handsome, and charming. It is impossible not to feel like the most special woman in the world when he looks at you. His smile is irresistible, and he knows how to flatter. If you saw him.. you might understand why I was so quick to go to his bed." She blushed, grinning.
Back to top Go down
Mionetta Rizzo
Singer
Mionetta Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom   Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 2:09 am

Minonetta nodded, giving a smile, "yes...I was always told it is where I get my musical talents."

She smiled, "perhaps if you venture back to Venice, and if he is still there, you shall meet him."

"He sounds rather extraordinary," Mionetta spoke, before hearing the final sentence. Yet when she heard it she forced herself again to steer clear of her normal smirks at comments she though lewd. Part of Mionetta like Charlotte, very much thinking of her like a lost sister, yet another part of her could not help but wonder what went wrong: how could a young woman who was so intricately taught the ways of a lady, become such as this.
It made her want to work harder at her life.

"No doubt the child shall be quite beautiful or handsome," she merely gave a nod.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom   Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 4:18 am

Charlotte nodded in agreement. "Artistic talents do not always come from cultured, civilized practiced music masters, it comes from somewhere wild, deep within the soul. You have that, I can tell." she looked at Mionetta openly. "However, you restrain yourself. It is a paradox."

She sighed thinking of her husband and how she longed to warm his bed again, but would have to wait until after the child was born, "Yes, he is extraordinary." She bit her lip, sensing a sort of reservedness in Mionetta that she herself lacked. How could she explain that she was constantly led by emotions? That her heart took over her head most times? That above all she wanted to be happy and loved, at the cost of her chastity?

"Oh, you are kind. All I hope is that it is healthy, and that I can give him or her a good and happy life."
Back to top Go down
Mionetta Rizzo
Singer
Mionetta Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom   Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 4:14 am

Mionetta laughed, "I fear one must restrain oneself at times...otherwise, how am I to get anything done if I am running about Venice singing in the streets to vagabonds and gypsies," she laughed. She tilted her head, "I also strive my hardest to be as graceful and ladylike as her ladyship, Gia Gasparri." Her eyes moved to the window of the room, "she was not born of the most noble blood...yet she carries herself as though she were meant to be a queen," she smiled, "I want everyone who comes across me to think the same."

She smiled, "I am certain you will...and you have surely learned how to raise a child from watching your family and her ladyship."
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom   Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 7:00 pm

Charlotte laughed at the imagery. "Yes, I imagine that would be a very scandalous scene.. it sounds like something I would have done as a child." She smiled fondly.

She listened as Mionetta spoke of Gia, and how she tried in every way to emulate her. "She has been such a wonderful influence. If we in any way can become like her it would be a credit to us. Neither of us were born into illustrious families, but as I always say, we can become anything we want if only we strive for it and want it badly enough."

"I hope so, I come from a large family so I want as many children as possible. I truly cannot wait to start my life as a mother." she smiled complacently.
Back to top Go down
Mionetta Rizzo
Singer
Mionetta Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom   Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 2:44 am

Mionetta placed her fingers over her mouth as she laughed.

She smiled, nodding. "And she has always instilled that in me...that I can become anything, from nothing," she raised an eyebrow.

MIonetta laughed, "I would not mind having children and a happy life," she smiled. "But I want to be wealthy enough before it...and I want to marry for love...yet, perhaps not have a large group of children," she laughed. "But I do think of it often."
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom   Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 5:45 am

"I think Lady Gasparri could change the world, one woman at a time. I wonder.. if she has thought of expanding her school, and basing different ones in different parts of the world. Here in Bavaria, in France, in Spain, England. I think perhaps women all over the world could make something of themselves regardless of the station they were born into."

"You are very wise. It is good you are planning your future, rather than just living in the present.. comme moi. I wish you all the best. Perhaps you will be a wealthy woman in your own right, someday." She paused. "In fact, referring back to the possibility of you taking care of my child.. my husband may want to meet with you, even if we are only speculating, he would also want a say in it."
Back to top Go down
Mionetta Rizzo
Singer
Mionetta Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom   Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 5:07 am

Mionetta laughed, "I think that would be a wonderful thing." She smiled, "and I think, should my career end, I should like to teach at a school such as that." She nodded, "I think such is the sort of school and instillation of faith and etiquette that every young girl and woman should have."

Netta nodded, placing her hands in a diamond shape in front of her waist. "And I wish YOU all the best in the world," she smiled, "you and your new family." She lifted her chin, "wealth matters not to me, just as long as I am happy and people know my name...besides, I have already been sending much of the money I make back home to Venice for my mother."

She nodded, "yes, of course, I understand...whenever you again wish to meet."

Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom   Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 6:38 am

"I think you would be perfect in such a position," Charlotte replied. "Perhaps you could even teach singing."

"Thank you," she said with sincerity. "I think we will need it!" She tilted her head to the side, listening as Mionetta spoke of sending money back to her family. "That is such a kind gesture, and it shows where your heart really is. I am sure you will be greatly rewarded by the fates for your kindness."

"I will send word," she promised. She rose a bit unsteadily and smoothed out her dress, laughing a little at her clumsiness. "Forgive me, I hope I've not taken too much of your time. But I think Lady Gasparri will be pleased we've met. And, I hope, become friends," she smiled gratefully. Though she did not quite know where she stood with Mionetta, she hoped she left a good impression at least.
Back to top Go down
Mionetta Rizzo
Singer
Mionetta Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom   Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 4:36 am

Netta laughed, "I hope I am good enough to teach singing."

She nodded, "I certainly hope so."

Mionetta shook her head, waving her hand. "No, no...all I do is lounge about, anyway," she laughed. She stood up to hold the door open for Charlotte, "and she certainly will, she wanted very much for me to meet you."

She gave a deep curtsey, "see you soon, my lady," she smiled.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom   Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 7:25 am

Feeling confident of their meeting, Charlotte curtsied as well, and smiled before leaving.
Back to top Go down
Mionetta Rizzo
Singer
Mionetta Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom   Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 4:58 am

Mionetta closed the door after Charlotte left, and she placed the chairs back in their place as she sipped from her goblet. She laid down upon the softly furnished bed as she began to think of the future, and worry what it was she was to do with herself until her next performance...
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom   Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 2:45 am

Charlotte returned a few days later, bringing Anthony with her to meet Mionetta. She knocked and waited for an answer. Already she felt a bit nervous.
Back to top Go down
Mionetta Rizzo
Singer
Mionetta Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom   Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 6:13 am

Mionetta frowned, not expecting a visitor, yet she stood up from her place at the window embrasure, placing her book down as she glided to the door.

She smiled and gave a curtsey, "Signora Knivert." She looked up, "and...Sir Knivert?"
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom   Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 5:07 am

"Pardon us, signora, but I thought to have you meet my husband, as we had spoken of the possibility of you taking care of our child after he is born.." she said after curtseying in return.
Back to top Go down
Mionetta Rizzo
Singer
Mionetta Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom   Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 2:33 am

Mionetta nodded giving a smile, "yes, of course, please come in," she held the door open wide for the two.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom   Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 6:30 am

She entered, still a bit unsteady on her feet and quickly made her way to a seat, hoping Mionetta wouldn't mind the breach of manners. "Of course there are some things I wanted to go over with you, before I give you the responsibility of helping care for my child."
Back to top Go down
Anthony Knivert
Gentleman of the Royal Household
Anthony Knivert

PostSubject: Re: Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom   Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 1:51 am

I walked in after Charlotte and bowed my head at the young lady. "Lady Rizzo, it's a pleasure to meet you Charlotte speaks very highly of you." I said and gave her a charming smile.
Back to top Go down
Mionetta Rizzo
Singer
Mionetta Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom   Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 4:42 am

Mionetta nodded, closing the door softly. "Yes, of course, I expected you would," she nodded.

She gave a quick curtsey for Sir Knivert, and as she watched Charlotte take a seat she raised an eyebrow, grinning. She could see why Charlotte had spoken of him with such love and blushing cheeks. His features, however, made her heart sink as she remembered Cristobal back in Venice, and how he was so far away, perhaps already courting some lady...

Netta smiled, "and I have heard much about you, signore," she nodded. She pointed to a chair, "please, make yourselves comfortable." She glided over to a table holding a copper pitcher, "would you like anything to drink?" she smiled.

She began to reach for a few goblets, "I am sorry for the mess," she waved to the lute and papers strewn upon the bed and juggling balls upon the floor, "my acrobatic friends and I were putting together a skit and revels," she smiled.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Knivert
Gentleman of the Royal Household
Anthony Knivert

PostSubject: Re: Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom   Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 5:49 am

Her accent was very attractive, I could only smile as she spoke. "There's no need to apologize my lady. I'll take some ale" I said sitting next to my wife and thinking she would be a perfect fit for our governess. Although, I knew I had to be responsible and ask questions or Charlotte would be suspect of me.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom   Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 6:45 am

Charlotte accepted a drink as well, and tried to hold back a smirk as she noticed Anthony's glance. Her interest however was piqued as Mionetta mentioned she was a skit she'd been practicing. "Oh, that sounds wonderful! I should love to see such a display.. I remember very well the old days," she said with a smirk, knowing she and Mionetta shared a history of playacting and entertainment. "But of course I'll get ahead of myself.. my husband wished to meet with you and discuss your possible future as our child's governess." She put her hand on his knee and gave an expectant smile as she looked at him.
Back to top Go down
Mionetta Rizzo
Singer
Mionetta Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom   Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 2:07 am

Mionetta nodded, smiling as she poured a goblet of Hypocras for Charlotte and she, and a goblet of ale for Sir Anthony.

She laughed, "I only hope I shall be able to perform it here, for my friends do not often get a chance to perform for so many nobles and courtiers." She took a seat across from the couple, placing a fife sitting on the cushion onto the table. "I shall not give too much away," she grinned, smoothing down her skirts, "but expect...fire," she smirked, giving a wink.

Netta straigtened up in the chair, placing the goblet on the table as she nodded. "Yes, of course," she nodded, "I am certain there is much you should perhaps like to know and inform me," she smiled, tilting her head.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom   Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mionetta Rizzo's Bedroom
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next