The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

The Manor House

Go down 
+3
Gabriel Latimer
Faith LeBeau
Geoffrey Lonshord
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

The Manor House - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2019 11:21 am

Inigo looked thoughtfully at him. He took a long, deep breath before replying

I was not there, my lord. As you know, I'm taking care of spanish situation. But I heard that it has been a miserable, chill and embarassing situation. Your absence has not gone unnoticed..

He took a sip from his wine after him
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2019 10:56 am

Thomas sighed after hearing his words. He looked at Mandoza before asking

How Her Majesty is facing all this?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2019 11:07 am

Inigo shook sadly his head

I am not allowed to see her. Even my friend Chapuys can't visit her. And it's very complicated sending letters each other..

He explained with low voice
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2019 11:13 am

Thomas took a deep breath. He looked thoughtfully at his wine before replying

I'll try to meet her..

Then he looked at Mendoza again
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2019 11:33 am

Inigo looked worriedly at him as he heard his intentions

It can be very dangerous. One single word spoken in her favor can bring at imprisonment..
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2019 11:49 am

Thomas nodded simply. He kept on staring his glass of wine while saying:

Doesn't matter. I thought often about the past. At when I thought that the King was the most illuminated Prince of Christendom. I was sure that with him it would have been the Golden Age. At least...I hoped so. Bishop Fisher is under house arrest. You should watch your back..

After these words, he stood up and went upstairs
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2019 12:01 pm

Inigo remained speechless after his last words. He had no time to reply. But something in More's words made him very anxious about his safety. And about his family's safety. Was he really in danger? Was Francisca in danger as well? He had to come back to Spain to try to find out.
Back to top Go down
Faith LeBeau
Duchess of Cambridgeshire
Faith LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2019 2:44 pm

Faith wakes up and walks down the stairs looking around and a servant walks up telling her that her brother the Duke is her.

Last edited by Faith LeBeau on Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2019 3:06 pm

"Charles entered the house and smiled as he saw his sister"

Faith... how nice to see you. How are you?

"He asked with carying voice"
Back to top Go down
Faith LeBeau
Faith LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2019 4:53 pm

"What is wrong brother you seem sad?" Faith said to her brother walking to him hugging . She looked alone in her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2019 1:35 pm

"Charles sighed and shrugged e bit"

Well...you know the King married Anne Boleyn. I hate her. But now she is going to give him a son..

"He replied looking at her"
Back to top Go down
Faith LeBeau
Faith LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2019 11:37 pm

"I do not like her either but. Than again I would like to be his Queen.*She said to her brother.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2019 6:28 pm

"Charles sat at her side and smiled a bit"

So...are you in love with the King, sister? I warn you...he is a married man. I don't want to see you suffer because of him..

"He said rather concerned"
Back to top Go down
Faith LeBeau
Faith LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2019 11:28 pm

"I know he is married brother." She said to him.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2019 10:18 am

"Charles sighed and took her hand in his"

Faith...my dear sister...you are a young and beautiful woman. I'm sure you'll meet a man who will make you happy. But please...the King already has a Queen. You could only be...his mistress. But I won't allow that. Hope you understand that I'm worried about you and your reputantion. You're a Brandon, sister..
Back to top Go down
Faith LeBeau
Faith LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2019 4:06 pm

"Only because I am a woman yet men are aloud to be married and have two women."She said pulling her hand out of his. And walked to the window not happy.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2019 5:21 pm

"Charles sighed and stood up. He walked towards her by windowside"

Faith...dear sister, I just care about you. Think about your reputation. Who will marry you knowing that you were King's mistress...and then not a maid anymore? If you allow me...I can find a suitable husband for you. A man I trust...

"He suggested, hoping to make her change her mind"
Back to top Go down
Faith LeBeau
Faith LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2019 12:29 am

"I am not sure brother." She said to him.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2019 5:06 pm

"Charles smiled and took her hand again"

Don't worry about that, sister. I already have someone in mind for you. You see...my secretary, William Pennington, is still unmarried. He had a wife, once, but she left him. He is not noble by birth...but after all, I'm not as well. Also...his family is rich enough to make him study as lawyer. He is...much older than you, but he is good looking. And above all, he is a good man...

"He suggested, looking for her reaction"
Back to top Go down
Faith LeBeau
Faith LeBeau

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2019 12:00 am

"Not happening."She said to her brother heading for the front door.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2019 4:11 pm

"Charles sighed"

Faith...please, trust me. In this way you will forget the King in few time. William is a good man and you will love him..

"He looked at her"
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2020 6:35 pm

Thomas was alone in his family home. He was reading some books trying not to think at His Majesty's action against his faith and himself. He was lost in his thoughts when he heard a knock at his door
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2020 9:31 pm

I had arrived at the house of Sir Thomas More as I had been informed he wished to see me. I knocked on his door and then waited for admittance into his home. I was wondering what he had to discuss with me.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2020 3:45 pm

Thomas opened the door. He stepped back letting the Cardinal entering the room

Cardinal Wolsey..please. Have a seat. Thank you for coming..

He said closing the door behind him
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 10:34 am

I entered the room and took a seat by the main table in the room and then I looked at Thomas.

"More what is it that you wanted to talk to me about?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Manor House
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next