The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mary Boleyn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Boleyn

Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett Empty
PostSubject: Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett   Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 4:32 pm

Dearest Duchess,

I have not heard from you in a while, I do hope everything is alright and your children continue to grow in to good people. Catherine is well.

Always your friend

Mary Boleyn

Last edited by Mary Boleyn on Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett   Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 4:50 pm

Dear Mary Boleyn,

I am well and so is my children, i have simply been busy is all. I have many things to tell you when i come to Hever whilst leaving my children back to Lancaster. I hope you and the child growing withen you is fine, also i am glad to hear Catherine is well.

Your loving friend,
Jane Bassett.
Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett   Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 2:34 pm

Dear Mary Boleyn,

My two children have left court with their cousin, the Earl of Somerset. I feel i should visit you at Hever Castle soon when i go to leave to visit my children.
I write to ask if you are well, and how the little child inside you is doing. Is he or she growing well? I also have some devastating news to tell you but i cannot write it through letters incase it comes in the hand of the wrong person.

Your loving friend,
Jane Bassett.
Back to top Go down
Mary Boleyn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett   Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 2:43 pm

Dearest Duchess,

I am well, slightly bruised I fell off a horse a few days ago. The baby is well but still not showing any sign of it yet. I am currently with the physician to tell me what stage I am at.

Your dearest

Mary
Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett   Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 2:46 pm

Dear Mary,

You were riding a horse? This must be a sign to tell you that you should stop horse riding for the sake of your child. When you find out your stage you must tell me for i am excited to know, my two little ones have turned into such beautiful little monsters.

Your loving friend,

Jane Bassett.
Back to top Go down
Mary Boleyn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett   Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 2:48 pm

Dearest Duchess,

I know but it gets lonely down here with you, William and the princess gone. I will tell you when I know.

Yours

Mary
Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett   Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 2:50 pm

Dear Mary,

Should i come visit now? I have nothing to do, the affairs of Lancaster have been taken from my hands and dealt with by the cousin of Jasper.

Your loving friend,
Jane Bassett.
Back to top Go down
Mary Boleyn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett   Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 3:11 pm

Dearest Grace,

You may visit when ever you wish I have the servants sort your chamber.

Mary
Back to top Go down
Mary Boleyn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett   Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 5:51 pm

Dearest Duchess,

The physician as seen me I am 4 weeks gone.

I do hope you are well.

Your Friend

Mary
Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett   Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 5:56 pm

Dear Mary,

Only four weeks? You aren't that far along, but still congratulations! I wish you good health.

Your loving friend,
Jane Bassett.
Back to top Go down
Mary Boleyn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett   Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 6:32 pm

Dearest Duchess,

Thank you, I do hope that the months fly as I have not had a good start, We have arrived at our location I hope to return soon.

Your friend

Mary
Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett   Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 6:34 pm

Dear Mary,

Yes they certainly will! I also have very good news, my daughter is to be betrothed!

Your loving friend,
Jane Bassett.
Back to top Go down
Mary Boleyn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett   Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 6:40 pm

Dearest Duchess,

All ready she is still young am not even going to look till Catherine is 8 years old. Congrulations

Your friend

Mary
Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett   Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 6:42 pm

Dear Mary,

Elizabeth is eight and we thought it a perfect time before she is older, and of age and i thank you!

Your loving friend,
Jane Bassett.

[ we moved it a few years forward hehehe:)]]
Back to top Go down
Mary Boleyn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett   Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 6:46 pm

Dearest Duchess,

I do hope it goes well,

Your friend

Mary

[i have notice but as am a historical character am going by the main time line hence the reason am only 4 weeks pregnant and Catherine is 4]
Back to top Go down
Mary Boleyn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett   Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 6:00 pm

Dearest Duchess,

I do hope you are well, I have finally started to show at last I can not wait for this baby to be born.

Yours

Mary
Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett   Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 6:37 pm

Dear Mary,

Oh that is wonderful! Do you have an instinct that it will be a boy or girl?

Your loving friend,
Jane Bassett.
Back to top Go down
Mary Boleyn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett   Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 6:42 pm

Dear Jane,

I do not know of yet but I hope for another girl,

yours

Mary
Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett   Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 7:10 pm

Dear Mary,

Hows about a boy? So you have both boy and girl, i think that would be a lovely happy family for you and William.

Your loving friend,
Jane Bassett.
Back to top Go down
Mary Boleyn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett   Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 7:18 pm

Dear Jane,

I find boys boring at least with girls you can dress them in pretty clothes and have more fun with them.

Yours dearest friend

Mary
Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett   Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 7:22 pm

Dear Mary,

I fear you are right, yet i have more to tell you. My health has been failing me these past few weeks and i have had to be bled a few times.

Your loving friend,
Jane Bassett.
Back to top Go down
Mary Boleyn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett   Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 7:25 pm

Dear Jane,

I do hope you be all right,

Yours

Mary
Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett   Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 5:28 pm

Dear Mary,

I have not heard from you in a while and i worry, i wish to know of how you are? Perhaps i should visit you in Hever and we can have a catch up?

Your loving friend,
Jane Bassett.
Back to top Go down
Mary Boleyn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett   Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 5:56 pm

Dearest Jane,

I am very well thank you, sorry for not writing the children have been very ill. Am no longer at Hever but Whitehall.

Yours

Mary
Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett   Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 5:59 pm

Dear Mary,

Your children have been unwell? i am very sorry to hear that, i am in Lancaster still since my daughter Elizabeth is traveling.

Your loving friend,
Jane Bassett.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett   Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Letters between Mary Boleyn and Duchess of Lancaster Jane Bassett
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next