The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

The Salon

Go down 
+11
Margery Seymour
Anne Boleyn
Anna Stafford
Mary Talbot
Margaret More
Alice More
Elizabeth Patmore
Thomas Seymour
Margery Wentworth
Geoffrey Lonshord
Kate Ashley
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Geoffrey Lonshord
Servant
Geoffrey Lonshord

The Salon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:43 pm

Geoffrey smiled for her suggestion. He kissed her again

I find it a very good idea. It will be funny buying things for our tree like we were...already married. Hope this will happen soon. I can't imagine anyone else at my side for lifetime..

He admitted suddenly and waited for her reaction
Back to top Go down
Kate Ashley
Governess
Kate Ashley

The Salon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 11:11 pm

I laughed too we were like a married couple everything felt right with him Well yes i want marriage too and to save up for our own place away from the court life that has always been my wish for us
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey Lonshord
Servant
Geoffrey Lonshord

The Salon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 11:52 pm

Geoffrey smiled. He kissed her once more time, took her hands and stood up

You're adorable. So, where would you like to go, my lady? I remind you that I'll be at your service all night to make all your wishes true..

He said jokingly and bowing his head
Back to top Go down
Kate Ashley
Governess
Kate Ashley

The Salon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 10:28 am

I laughed as he kept on pretending to be my servant. The tree of course! Then to cuddle up with warm milk and a roaring fire with chestnuts.
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey Lonshord
Servant
Geoffrey Lonshord

The Salon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 3:25 pm

Geoffrey laughed taking gently his hands in his

I think it's a very funny idea, my love. Oh Kate..everything is simple and funny with you. I almost forgot how joyful life could be before I met you..

He said sincerely while his lips were looking for hers
Back to top Go down
Kate Ashley
Governess
Kate Ashley

The Salon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 4:45 pm

Have you never celebrated Christmas before. I said trying to lead him to the door
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey Lonshord
Servant
Geoffrey Lonshord

The Salon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 11:39 pm

Geoffrey let her lead him towards a more intimate place. He smiled

Of course I have. But never with a lovely creature like you, Kate..

He said, really meaning his words. He couldn't wait to be alone with her
Back to top Go down
Kate Ashley
Governess
Kate Ashley

The Salon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 6:35 pm

I opened the door. I do love you Geoffrey now take me to where the trees are kept I smiled up at him happily kissing his hand.
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey Lonshord
Servant
Geoffrey Lonshord

The Salon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 11:50 pm

Geoffrey smiled but felt surprised seeing her kissing his hand. Anyone else showed so much devotion to him, before. He looked at her lovingly. And without adding a word, he left the room with her
Back to top Go down
Margery Wentworth
Housewife
Margery Wentworth

The Salon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 9:54 am

After all the excitement from Elizabeths wedding and even though the celebrations were still carrying on I thought it best to speak with Thomas alone away from everybody else. I patiently awaited his company hoping he would indeed turn up and explain everything.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Seymour
1st Baron Seymour of Sudeley
Thomas Seymour

The Salon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 9:50 am

Thomas knew his mother was upset with his decision to marry Catherine and he needed to know why. He met her privately in the salon of the Great Hall. When he entered there was tea set out although, he could of used a large glass of wine.
"Mother" He said as he kissed her hand and sat oppiste her taking a cup of tea.
Back to top Go down
Margery Wentworth
Housewife
Margery Wentworth

The Salon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 1:58 am

Thomas I am glad that you have made it I thought that we could both clear the air privately without the ears of others. I smiled amused by seeing him drinking a cup of tea I had never seen a young man do so before. So how are things between you and Catherine.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Seymour
1st Baron Seymour of Sudeley
Thomas Seymour

The Salon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 4:21 pm

Thomas saw her look at him drinking tea yet said nothing. "Do you really want to know about Catherine and I relationship?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Patmore
Countess of Oxfordshire
Elizabeth Patmore

The Salon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 6:56 pm

I decided to take some time out of my room and explore the palace a little more. I glided through the Great Hall, smiling a little to myself with a book in hand. The whole space was empty. It felt strange to be somewhere that was usually so busy and bustling with life, that was now silent.

I could hear the muffled noise of the musicians practising their music. I then noticed an inconspicuous wooden door and proceeded to open it. I walked into the little lounge, with a fire burning and grinned. This would do quite well. I sat on a comfortable chaise and set about reading my book.
Back to top Go down
Margaret More
Writer
Margaret More

The Salon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 5:21 am

Today Margaret had a rising of trepidation. It wasn't for whom she was about to meet, rather it was keeping this meeting a secret, from her father. Margaret and her father had a very open relationship their was nothing Margaret couldn't tell him. But this was different as it was about him. Her father had left Margaret feeling perturbed after they had seen each other. It scared Margaret..

She called upon the only person she knew who would have an understanding regarding this it was her stepmother.

Knowing that Alice had a certain taste Margaret sought that a spread of English sandwhiches and cakes were set out in the very private salon. It had a feeling of Je veux voir qui c'est qu'a to this room.

Margaret waited with berated breath for Alice to arrive. She knew she could trust Alice with certain matters she just had to.
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

The Salon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 7:18 pm

She hahad received Margaret's invitation to a small informal lunch. She was glad of it, always ready to tighten the bond between her and her stepdaughter. Upon arriving, Alice smiled at Margaret and noticed the delicious spread. "Dearest Margaret," she said, embracing her. "I'm so happy you wished to speak with me. And may I say, the feast looks delicious."
Back to top Go down
Margaret More
Writer
Margaret More

The Salon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 4:16 pm

Margaret smiled embracing her stepmother back. She was glad to see Alice in such high spirits given the circumstances their family was under.

'Alice I am very happy to see you and grateful that you came.'

Margaret seated herself, pouring the tea for them both. Her hands were a little shaky as she poured the tea.

'You may wonder why I asked you here it's because of my father. I am very worried about him and I am to young to become an orphan.'

Her voice trembled from holding back tears of anguish over her fathers words.
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

The Salon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 1:43 am

Alice could see how distraught Margaret seemed, and placed her hand upon her stepdaughters shoulder. "Dear girl, you oughtn't worry so. The King still favors your father very much and would rather surround himself with gentlemen who share his opinion. Your father is too strong to be one of those. Thomas has his own opinions, but the king will never let harm come to him."
Back to top Go down
Margaret More
Writer
Margaret More

The Salon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 2:00 pm

Margaret thought that just for a moment she was going crazy! She looked at her stepmother with an aghast expression.

'I'm not being dramatic I save that for my art. Rather, when father has come to see me he talks about him not being on this earth any more. And that scares me Alice.'
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

The Salon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 2:04 am

This concerned Alice but she dared not let it show. "Well, your father has always had one eye to heaven. Perhaps the new situation at court has made him uneasy about his future." She referred of course to Anne Boleyn becoming Marchioness of Pembroke. "Said circumstances should not affect your fathers standing at all."
Back to top Go down
Margaret More
Writer
Margaret More

The Salon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 10:07 pm

'If you were their you would of been scared too Alice! He has never spoken so morbidly to me about life without him.'

Margaret felt frustrated that no one was listening to what she was saying. How much more clearer did she need to make it for everyone to open their eye's and ears.

'I thought you would believe me Alice. I have come to you like a daughter seeking some comfort for the hard times in our familys life. If father is sad because of the king then why are we still at court.'
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

The Salon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 10:10 pm

Alice had no answer for her.

"This is neither the time nor the place to discuss it, don't you think?"

She wasn't used to Margaret having an attitude.

"I have a headache. Please excuse my gruffness. If it bothers you so much to be at court, no one's forcing you."
Back to top Go down
Mary Talbot
Countess of Northumberland
Mary Talbot

The Salon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 9:01 pm

Court was such a strange place to visit. But it was the only way to escape the torment of my loveless marriage. While the court was celebrating their festivities, I sat quietly with my tapestry in hand. Counting down the minutes until old friend Anna Stafford appeared.
Back to top Go down
Anna Stafford
Duchess of Buckingham
Anna Stafford

The Salon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 2:00 am

Dearest Mary what is the matter * looking at her concerned*
Back to top Go down
Anne Boleyn
Queen of England
Anne Boleyn

The Salon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 1:01 pm

A lot of people talking and laughing in the hall and several people gathered to give Anne their letters. A servant prevented them. "Lady Anne doesn't want to be disturbed." Anne entered the hall with a few ladies-in-waiting and she saw that Mark Smeaton and Thomas Wyatt were talking.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

She smiled, approached to Thomas and she took Thomas's arm

"Mister Wyatt! You know What?"

"I want to eat apples very much. Such as I never felt before. It began three days ago."

She left his arm

"The King told me that this is a sign of pregnant but I dont't think so!"

She laughed and continued to walk

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Salon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Salon   The Salon - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Salon
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next