The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

The Woods

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

The Woods - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Woods   The Woods - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 6:07 pm

To see her with the pretend sword in hand was incongruous with how she spoke, how she behaved, how she looked. Her beauty, her gentleness would surely ensnare even the fiercest of opponents. James almost felt a strange sense of pride. She was courageous, that was for certain.

"Learning to defend is paramount," he said and took a step back, changing his stance slightly. He demonstrated the technique, holding the stick at opposing angles, "Like this."

"Only then do you start to aim," he began and took a step forward, a smile playing at the side of his mouth. He stopped for a moment, his breath almost catching at just the way she stood - he was besotted...entirely, "The best targets are the legs, stomach...or the heart," he said and theatrically clutched onto his chest with a smile, pretending to have been pierced by a sword. Yet, in truth she had already claimed his heart for hers.
Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland
Mary De Guise

The Woods - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Woods   The Woods - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 10:19 pm

I laughed at his theatrics, digging my stick into the ground. I had never laughed so much in my life until I met him. I could feel my heart in my mouth I didn't want for him to be hurt anymore. So attack a person in the weakest of places. For me I would say the heart is a weak point. If anyone was to harm it you would see your name carved on it.
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

The Woods - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Woods   The Woods - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 10:28 pm

He paused at her words and glanced to the grass beneath him, a bright flash of grin appeared on his face - seemingly mischievous but entirely sincere. He had known a woman's love and he had loved...yet, this was different. How could she love a man like him? he questioned, somehow she did and he was entirely grateful. There was a simple rightness to their union - it was beyond lust and general affection. He respected her as a subject respected their Queen, yet loved her like a poet would his muse.

He dropped his stick and walked towards her, stopping as he reached her. James then very gently wrapped his muscular arms around her waist, "You have redeemed me," he whispered and tapped his forehead against hers - taking in a breath, feeling her sweet warmth, "And I love you, Mary...I am your humble servant."
Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland
Mary De Guise

The Woods - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Woods   The Woods - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 10:40 pm

I let my pretend sword fall silently to the ground James was far more important. He was still my moon to the stars, husband before king. I may not of been the first to of loved him but I would be his last. And that was more worthy to behold than being his queen. You have shown me happiness that I never knew exsisted. Your love gives me the confidence to grow. Our marriage was very lucky I didn't think I would be this happy. I thought I would be miserable but when I saw him something moved in me.
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

The Woods - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Woods   The Woods - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 10:49 pm

He touched her cheek, her skin soft and smooth compared to his calloused thumb, which caressed her cheek bone. He was at home now, settled. His reply was a nod and a gentle whisper, "Wife," he said simply with a calm smile. The word was still a novelty to him but the way said sounded affectionate.

James would still have the hunger to fight and spend days of laughter with his friends - it was in his very being...but he was loyal. Loyal to his crown, to his kin but none of his fidelity would be comparable to that he would give Mary. They would learn how to rule together, share the burden and he anticipated the wisdom and pure heart she would use to be a good Queen. He was happy, he hadn't been unhappy - it wasn't in his disposition but the joy he felt had never been felt before.
Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland
Mary De Guise

The Woods - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Woods   The Woods - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 11:05 pm

I promise that you shall not tire of married life like others do. I stretched up to kiss his forehead, my finger softly tracing over his lips. Our love felt strong more than anybody else would know. Together we will embark on the most happiest moments of our lives to the saddest times. And still I strongly believed that nothing or no one could dare touch this happiness we found in one another, it was unbreakable. I exsisted solely because he loves me and that can make you feel untouchable.
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

The Woods - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Woods   The Woods - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 11:15 pm

James chuckled under his breath at her words, his mouth tenderly working it's way to her jaw where he placed his warm lips, "And I promise you shall never need to raise a sword. I'll look after you,"he replied, "If I were not King and if you were not Queen ... I would still fight to be yours - to love you."

While James had mostly wanted marriage when he was a boy, he had feared what she spoke of. A loveless marriage that came about through circumstance and politics with neither love nor lust. He had seen it in his court - young boys married to even younger girls, both children and strangers or hold men - wealthy men - claiming the youth of some innocent. Mary however was the match for his heart.
Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland
Mary De Guise

The Woods - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Woods   The Woods - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 11:54 pm

And I would of done the same for you. We would of been outlaws to our families had we not been royal. My head rested on his chest, I let my hands slide up his back. Their was something soothing about him. What was you doing before I disturbed you.
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

The Woods - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Woods   The Woods - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 6:35 am

He brushed his hands through her loose waves as they stood in the clearing, a gentle breeze rustled around them whispering in their ears and combing their hair. They stood like the trees that creaked and swayed - still, but strong as they embraced.

"Just sitting...pretending to be far away" he mumbled against her head, "But I had planned to fish."
Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland
Mary De Guise

The Woods - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Woods   The Woods - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 11:07 am

You fish! I asked in a surprised voice as I tied up the loose laces on his shirt. I would like to see your fishing skills my love. You seem like a man with many talents I hope you shall pass them down to our children.
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

The Woods - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Woods   The Woods - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 6:13 pm

He laughed and glanced down as her nimble fingers tied the top of his shirt - he normally left it hanging loose, but she finished it properly - how it should be done. He smiled endearingly at the affectionate display, a feminine touch.

The sun was in it's final minutes of brightness - the wood ablaze with shades of gold and orange, the rays of the sun catching stray hairs on her head - illuminating her, "I don't know if you could call it fishing, really. I clamber in and see what I can catch. But I shall leave it for another day," he said. He leaned in catching her gaze, his hands tucked into his belt, "I'm quite worn out."

When she spoke of children he absent mindedly took her hand, "One day yes and you shall be the most gentle and loving of mothers...and we shall love them very well."
Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland
Mary De Guise

The Woods - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Woods   The Woods - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 6:45 pm

After taking a step back I decided to undo it again. I didn't want him to think I was trying to change him as I wasn't. Sorry I forgot you have it left undone. I listened to his description of his fishing. It reminded me of a bear and I laughed heartily at the thought of him trying to catch a fish. I shall let you rest my love. Their are plenty more days for you to teach me things. I kissed his hand, wrapping my hand around his arm as we walked towards the castle.
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

The Woods - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Woods   The Woods - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 6:50 pm

He chuckled beneath his breath, offering her his strong arm as they began to walk home - the breeze sending a wave through the shards of grass, it billowing and swayed around their ankles, "Don't apologise," he said good naturedly and rubbed his thumb over the back of her hand affectionately, "Perhaps it's time I started to dress like a King instead of a soldier," he replied with a grin.

"When shall your sister be arriving?" he asked casually, feeling content with her close by his side.
Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland
Mary De Guise

The Woods - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Woods   The Woods - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 7:01 pm

No don't! I love the way you dress it has a masculine feel to it. The way he dressed suited his personality the leather, the smell it brought when ever he put it on. The way his white shirt revealed his chest with his growing hair. It was a sight that pleased me greatly. And the way he smelled was enough to bring a grown woman to her knees. I wrote to her and she asked me to let her know when I am to be crowned.
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

The Woods - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Woods   The Woods - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 7:09 pm

He smiled and stood a little taller after her words, walked just a little more confidently than usual. She was incredibly royal in the way she dressed compared to James. He dressed the same as the soldiers - more practical than golden damask other kings would dress themselves in. Yet Mary wore fine silks and rich fabrics, draped finely upon her delicate body.

He felt proud to have her on his arm, with her walking beside him. He imagined they would make a handsome pair - two opposites that fit quite nicely with one another, "Soon," he replied as they left the clearing,"Whenever you are ready."
Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland
Mary De Guise

The Woods - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Woods   The Woods - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 7:20 pm

Is everything ready for the event then. I knew with James by my side all would be fine. But before I conceived an heir, I needed to be crowned.
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

The Woods - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Woods   The Woods - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 6:10 pm

He nodded and moved his arm so he could wrap it around her back, bringing her closer to his side, "I believe so...at least so I am told. The guards have been told of their duties for the day, your crown is waiting, the feast is planned..."

In truth, he had let his councillors arrange the most of day. He had focussed upon what he knew he could do well - the King's guard. He would be armed on the day - a step away from protocol. Although he - and the men - trusted no one more than James to ensure Mary's safety. He didn't anticipate there would be rebels at the coronation, he'd already been told how enamoured the people were with Mary but Scots became rowdy when they were drunk...and the drink would surely flow.
Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland
Mary De Guise

The Woods - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Woods   The Woods - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 9:03 pm

I will write to her and ask her to come. Will you arrange a chamber to be prepared for her somewhere close to mine will suffice. I had never seen a coronation before, but had certainly heard of them. It would be a long day filled with rich food and merriment. No doubt my head would be aching from the pearls I would wear on my ears. To the crown that would be put upon my head.
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

The Woods - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Woods   The Woods - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 9:20 pm

He kissed the top of her hair subconsciously, his lips tender upon her head, "Of course, love. I shall see it is done."

James' coronation had been an exhausting day. It was rushed and hurried, quickly organised by his uncle and those with no loyalty to the previous regents. He was made to wear itchy cloth of gold and silver, the heavy crown that once sat upon his father's brow and offered the hand of every girl in court to dance with in the evening. He was determined that Mary's would be different. There was political statements to be made, they were unavoidable but she would be given every comfort James could give her.
Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland
Mary De Guise

The Woods - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Woods   The Woods - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 9:28 pm

Thank you I have nightmares about the day actually. I worry that the crown shall fall off my head as a sign of an omen. I laughed at how silly it sounded but every thought plagued my mind about it. Maybe you will dance with me for the occassion? What does my king say..
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

The Woods - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Woods   The Woods - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 9:37 pm

He smiled endearingly to himself. He had dreaded his own coronation, to have grown up cosseted and then have all eyes on him was uncomfortable to say the least. He had enjoyed the day once he had grown used it - the giggles of girls as he walked past, the bows from men older than him. By the end of the evening, with his crown a little lopsided, he was completely drunk but for once he was entirely happy. It was first night that he laughed until he cried - it was exhausting, but one of the best days of his life.

"Do not worry," he mumbled against her hair as he caught sight of the castle in the distance. The turrets and battlements rising proudly on the horizon, almost like a crown upon the hill it had been built.

"I shall be near by and looking on proudly," he replied - adding playfully, "...anticipating having the first dance with the most beautiful Queen is Europe."
Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland
Mary De Guise

The Woods - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Woods   The Woods - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 9:47 pm

I could picture James running a riot around the castle on his first day of freedom. We were brought up differently I wasn't made to be a queen, neither had my mother raised me to be one. I was just raised with manners and how to handle myself with elegance and grace. Manners go a long way and the fact that I was such a quite person was probably why I picked. I shall think of you kissing me throughout the whole service. That way I will be able to get through it. I guess it is time for your kingly duties my love. I loved how the privy chamber flocked around to greet James it was like their entire lives were on hold until he came back.
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

The Woods - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Woods   The Woods - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 9:59 pm

He groaned theatrically with a slight chuckle and turned his back on the men who had gathered to wait for him. He could detect their faces even from the distance that separated him - sanctimonious nobles who wanted to raise taxes and have James barter their daughters on their behalf.

James touched her waist gently, coming closer to her, "And I shall think of kissing you," he began his hands caressed from her waist to her hips, his warm lips touched hers, "Every moment we are apart."

He pulled out her crucifix and held it to his mouth, his eyes lovingly gazed into hers. He had fiddled with the little cross even before he knew her, it was precious to him but now he held it dear. The light chain around his neck, a constant reminder of her. He glanced to the group who began to approach and then back to Mary, "May I see you tonight?" he whispered, his nose nudging hers eagerly - a sparkle in his dark eyes.

He was sincere - entirely. He knew they belonged to each other now but he would not assume he could have her however and whenever he pleased. It had been remarked how James was unusually respectful towards women...at least, compared to the other men in his court. He would give Mary even greater credence - above any other. He would never assume her love - which he still felt unworthy of - he would ask and the joy of her consent would be all the greater.
Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland
Mary De Guise

The Woods - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Woods   The Woods - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 10:14 pm

I felt myself sway against his body as he kissed me lightly. He was the ripple effect in my river. And I was more than happy to let what ever it was he wanted from me. Yes you need not ask me. How could you think that I could spend a night apart from you. The nights were made for us, it was when we were ourselves no one to watch us, all inhabtions gone just love.
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

The Woods - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Woods   The Woods - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 10:21 pm

He grinned, almost like a spoiled young boy. He allowed himself to kiss her again, "Then I shall see you tonight, wife."

He took a breath and just for a moment shut his eyes. He could only hear their breath mingled with the breeze which rustled about them. His heart was content. He was not tired but he could have slept then, she soothed him and calmed him. James was constantly ready to laugh or fight or debate in parliament...she got beneath that, stripped it away and he became still.

He opened his eyes with a sigh and smiled earnestly at her, "I love you," he said gentle, his lips still brushing against hers. He managed to pull himself away and began to walk towards the men. Just as he reached the group he glanced back to Mary, just as he had done when they were parted on the glen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Woods - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Woods   The Woods - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Woods
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next