HomePortalRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Share | 
 

 Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Madeline Valois
Princess of France
avatar

Posts : 65
Join date : 2015-05-25
Location : Versailles

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:59 pm

I smile towards the kind lady Katherine.

"Your French is very good my lady so nice to meet someone who speaks my native tongue.

I had arrived in fine fashion to with my ladies and i dressed in traditional French colours with vast jewels.

I then look to the lady and i say in French.
"You are most kind and i am honoured with your kind help".

"I would like to meet lord Brandon and i was wondering do royal guests sit at the high table with his majesty my lady?
I would like to meet Brandon my lady but i do enjoy your company as we barely know anyone here.
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
avatar

Posts : 491
Join date : 2013-07-29
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:44 pm

With a smile, I set off and headed back to the table I had been sat at. The lady attending me followed behind, evidently fretting over the gift and the failure to show me the proper deference... though I was enjoying the anonymity. The ability to be myself like breathing the fresh air after smelling only a stuffy chamber.

Normally they would, sitting among the royal family...in line with precedence.” I explained. “However, as this is the Queen's day, they are sat next to the high table. I’m honoured that you would wish to, but do not worry, we will see each other even after you have met the Duke.

“...Not even the King's sisters will be sat with them, will they your Grace?” My lady asked pointedly. Clearly my time as an unknown was over. As I weave between the assembled guests, I cast a glances over my shoulder and offer a bright smile.

No.” I replied. “No, we are not.” I was not sure whether the revelation would need to be underlined or not, but all I could hope is that the French Princess and her ladies would not be angry. It would be horrifying to cause anyone embarrassment and it would cause trouble in my family. Today was a day not to be spoiled. With a deep breath, I smiled and spoke as musically as possible.

I should have introduced myself: I am Katherine, Princess of England and dowager Queen of Navarre.
Back to top Go down
Madeline Valois
Princess of France
avatar

Posts : 65
Join date : 2015-05-25
Location : Versailles

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:14 am

I look at the Princess with a smile and i signal to my ladies and they curtsy to Katherine.

"I am truly honoured to meet your Highness and sister to the king must be quite challenging. I would be most honoured to sit with you and your family at this feast after i have met her Majesty of course.

"Please accept my apologies for having not recognised your Highness and not acknowledging you.

"Your French you spoke earlier was most exquisite may i ask where you learnt to speak it so well your Highness
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
avatar

Posts : 6375
Join date : 2011-11-24
Age : 41
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:56 am

"Charles was talking with lady Anne when he noticed that Katherine left them to welcome two guests. He smiled at them, gesturing to reach them at their table"

______________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet
avatar

Posts : 354
Join date : 2013-01-13
Location : France

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:47 pm

Isabelle joined the party following Princess Madeline and a french lady in waiting. She curtsied at english Princess and glanced around to see if the King was already there with lady Anne

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
avatar

Posts : 491
Join date : 2013-07-29
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:03 pm

Thank you, your Highness.” With a smile, turn around and continue to weave through the throngs filling the hall. I had spoken and written French fluently since childhood, at times I wondered whether I could speak it better than English... a youth spent at Poissy had made such ideas possible. With a glance over my shoulder, I speak in a voice of silk. “... It is a long and winding tale, but I was raised in France... and les sœurs would be thrilled that you think so.

My attention is caught by Charles, beckoning us over, and carve my way through the crowds. The murmured respects paid to me by chattering courtiers fade into the sound of the hall; like the birdsong that filled the morning sky. As I approach my great family friend, a beaming smile spread across my features, I spin around and extend my arm elegantly towards and indicate to the important French guests.

Dearest Charles, I have found some more guests that were looking for you... ” Returning my attention to the Princess and her ladies, I sing joyously. “Your Higness, this is his Grace, The Duke of Suffolk.
Back to top Go down
Madeline Valois
Princess of France
avatar

Posts : 65
Join date : 2015-05-25
Location : Versailles

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:38 pm

I see Isabelle had joined my side and i smile at her.
"Thank you for coming with me Isabelle you are always good to me.
Back to top Go down
Madeline Valois
Princess of France
avatar

Posts : 65
Join date : 2015-05-25
Location : Versailles

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:32 pm

Me and my ladies follow the Princess to the table.
I look at my ladies and as we approach Brandon they drop into a curtsy.

"I am honoured to meet you Lord Brandon. These are my ladies Juliet and Isabelle."

I then look to Katherine

"You have been most helpful to me my lady please stay with us and tell me more about your French then if i may join you in my presentation to the queen and his Grace.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
avatar

Posts : 6375
Join date : 2011-11-24
Age : 41
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:28 pm

"Charles looked up at Katherine while she was introducing him new guests. He smiled"

Thank you very much, dear Katherine. You're perfect as landlady. Your Highness, welcome to english court. Please have a sit with us with your ladies..

"He added with kind voice"

______________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Madeline Valois
Princess of France
avatar

Posts : 65
Join date : 2015-05-25
Location : Versailles

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:45 pm

"I thank you my Lord Brandon we have had a long journey and the Princess here has been very kind to us.
We would be honoured to join you and when will her Grace arrive my lord?

I am so pleased to have finally met you Lord Brandon as we arrived and was not sure who anyone was. Your letters were nice to receive and you have a skilled hand my lord from what i could tell
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
avatar

Posts : 1505
Join date : 2011-11-23
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:45 am

Henry was sitting now on his throne, watching people eating, drinking and talking each other. Thomas Cromwell was standing beside him

I can't see Bishop Fisher..

He said glancing around Hall

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

______________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet
avatar

Posts : 354
Join date : 2013-01-13
Location : France

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:28 pm

Madeline Valois wrote:
I see Isabelle had joined my side and i smile at her.
"Thank you for coming with me Isabelle you are always good to me.

Isabelle smiled and sat at her side with Lord Suffolk and his wife. She was holding a little box in her hands

My Lord Suffolk, My Lady Willoughby...My Princess Katherine..Lady Anne..I feel honoured sharing table with you all..

She turned towards Madeline

Your Highness..this is a gift from your brother, Prince Henri. He asked me to give this to you..in order this could protect you during your journey in England..

Then she opened the box and showed the necklace to her and to all other guests

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
avatar

Posts : 491
Join date : 2013-07-29
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:06 pm

You know me, Charles: born to be a hostess.” I chuckled, teasing my dear friend. I had always been the least likely of my sisters to have played the lady, holding court and performing in acts of courtly love... especially as I could never compete with their beauty. Ironic then, that I should have become a queen. I scoffed to myself, the joke capturing my thoughts for a moment.

Once again, I took a seat. With the skirts of my gown arranged and my hands folded elegantly into my lap, I looked at the necklace presented to the French Princess... it served as a reminder that I must present my own gift to our new Queen, eventually. “It is lovely.” I offered with a smile, before my eyes began to wander around the room, trying to find my brother amongst the crowds. It had been a while since Henry and I had spoken. Something I wished to rectify. I may have had misgivings about his choices and found myself torn between my faith and my family, but he was still my adored brother. For all his faults, I loved him.

Has the King arrived yet?” I asked, turning to address all those sat around the table. My tone was jovial and cheerful, a mask for the mild anxiety that fuelled my question. “I should so like to see my brother...
Back to top Go down
Madeline Valois
Princess of France
avatar

Posts : 65
Join date : 2015-05-25
Location : Versailles

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:02 pm

I look at Isabelle.

"Please do sit down and join us Isabelle. That necklace is beautiful and i shall wear it now". I say putting necklace on then asking everyone.
"What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
avatar

Posts : 6375
Join date : 2011-11-24
Age : 41
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:14 am

Katherine Tudor wrote:
You know me, Charles: born to be a hostess.” I chuckled, teasing my dear friend. I had always been the least likely of my sisters to have played the lady, holding court and performing in acts of courtly love... especially as I could never compete with their beauty. Ironic then, that I should have become a queen. I scoffed to myself, the joke capturing my thoughts for a moment.

Once again, I took a seat. With the skirts of my gown arranged and my hands folded elegantly into my lap, I looked at the necklace presented to the French Princess... it served as a reminder that I must present my own gift to our new Queen, eventually. “It is lovely.” I offered with a smile, before my eyes began to wander around the room, trying to find my brother amongst the crowds. It had been a while since Henry and I had spoken. Something I wished to rectify. I may have had misgivings about his choices and found myself torn between my faith and my family, but he was still my adored brother. For all his faults, I loved him.

Has the King arrived yet?” I asked, turning to address all those sat around the table. My tone was jovial and cheerful, a mask for the mild anxiety that fuelled my question. “I should so like to see my brother...

"Charles smiled and nodded"

Yes...of course, I know you. I guess the King will find you a suitable husband soon. Such a talented lady can't be alone for long..don't you think, my love?

"He asked turning towards his wife Catherine. Then he looked at the necklace shown by the Marquis of Rambuillet"

Very nice gift, Madame. Prince Henri must love you very much, Altesse..

"He said, addressed to Madeline. Then he poured some wine to Anne of Cleves and smiled at her. Glancing around, he finally replied to Katherine"

Uhm..I think the King is over there, Katherine. He is talking with Master Cromwell..

______________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey Lonshord
Servant
avatar

Posts : 592
Join date : 2011-12-04
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:37 am

Henry VIII of England wrote:
Henry was sitting now on his throne, watching people eating, drinking and talking each other. Thomas Cromwell was standing beside him

I can't see Bishop Fisher..

He said glancing around Hall

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Geoffrey was serving food in the Hall. He could see lady Anne sitting at her table, surrounded by her ladies. He was now serving some fresh fruits and wine next to King's throne. He noticed he was talking with Master Cromwell. While serving food, he could perfectly hear what they were saying:

Thomas Cromwell: "No, Your Majesty.."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
avatar

Posts : 1505
Join date : 2011-11-23
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:14 am

Henry nodded slowly. He glanced around Hall again

And where is Thomas More? I can't see him neither.. has he not been invited?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

______________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet
avatar

Posts : 354
Join date : 2013-01-13
Location : France

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:44 am

Madeline Valois wrote:
I look at Isabelle.

"Please do sit down and join us Isabelle. That necklace is beautiful and i shall wear it now". I say putting necklace on then asking everyone.
"What do you think?

Isabelle smiled at Madeline and at other guests at their table

It was my duty giving this to you, Your Highness. Thank you, Princess Katherine..and thank you, Lord Brandon. Yes, Prince Henri is very protective towards his sister..

She said while smiling
Back to top Go down
Madeline Valois
Princess of France
avatar

Posts : 65
Join date : 2015-05-25
Location : Versailles

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:17 pm

I smile at Charles Brandon.

"I do thank you my lord for your kindness too.
My brother the future king of France cares about me very much and i am glad that he does.

I was wondering Lord Brandon may i ask will you present me and my ladies to her Grace so she knows we have arrived?"

I look at Isabelle

"Can you pass me a mirror Isabelle as i would like to see what it looks like on
Back to top Go down
Anne of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
avatar

Posts : 425
Join date : 2011-11-27
Age : 63
Location : Bavaria

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:23 pm

I smile as Lord Brandon pours me some wine.

"Thank you my lord this wine is very nice may i ask where this wine is from for it has a nice taste
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
avatar

Posts : 6375
Join date : 2011-11-24
Age : 41
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Today at 8:43 am

"Charles smiled at lady Anne"

This wine comes from my vineyard in Suffolk, my lady. I'm glad you like it. I'm sure in Bavaria the wine is good as well..

"He replied while looking at her"

______________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey Lonshord
Servant
avatar

Posts : 592
Join date : 2011-12-04
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Today at 9:24 am

Henry VIII of England wrote:
Henry nodded slowly. He glanced around Hall again

And where is Thomas More? I can't see him neither.. has he not been invited?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Geoffrey was placing some flowers upon a table when he heard Cromwell replying:

Thomas Cromwell: "He has been surely invited, Your Majesty.."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
avatar

Posts : 491
Join date : 2013-07-29
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Today at 10:13 am

Charles Brandon wrote:
Katherine Tudor wrote:
You know me, Charles: born to be a hostess.” I chuckled, teasing my dear friend. I had always been the least likely of my sisters to have played the lady, holding court and performing in acts of courtly love... especially as I could never compete with their beauty. Ironic then, that I should have become a queen. I scoffed to myself, the joke capturing my thoughts for a moment.

Once again, I took a seat. With the skirts of my gown arranged and my hands folded elegantly into my lap, I looked at the necklace presented to the French Princess... it served as a reminder that I must present my own gift to our new Queen, eventually. “It is lovely.” I offered with a smile, before my eyes began to wander around the room, trying to find my brother amongst the crowds. It had been a while since Henry and I had spoken. Something I wished to rectify. I may have had misgivings about his choices and found myself torn between my faith and my family, but he was still my adored brother. For all his faults, I loved him.

Has the King arrived yet?” I asked, turning to address all those sat around the table. My tone was jovial and cheerful, a mask for the mild anxiety that fuelled my question. “I should so like to see my brother...

"Charles smiled and nodded"

Yes...of course, I know you. I guess the King will find you a suitable husband soon. Such a talented lady can't be alone for long..don't you think, my love?

"He asked turning towards his wife Catherine. Then he looked at the necklace shown by the Marquis of Rambuillet"

Very nice gift, Madame. Prince Henri must love you very much, Altesse..

"He said, addressed to Madeline. Then he poured some wine to Anne of Cleves and smiled at her. Glancing around, he finally replied to Katherine"

Uhm..I think the King is over there, Katherine. He is talking with Master Cromwell..

With a chuckle, I offer my old friend a faint smile. "We are all at his Majesty's service...And we shall see." The topic of marriage was a delicate one. As a widow with a child, I had proved my ability to produce heirs and as a dowager queen, I commanded a high price. However, the break with Rome would cause issues. No self respecting and devout Catholic would seek my hand in marriage... not unless it was significantly to their advantage. It was a worry that plagued my thoughts constantly, and one that I could find no solution for. All I could do was wait and see. Patience had rarely been a virtue in my family, but if Henry could wait so long to marry and crown his obsession, then I could wait also.

I caught myself and without hesitation, masked any hint of concern with a bright smile. Today was a day of celebration... Whatever I felt about it. We had a new queen, I had a new sister... and any thoughts of the last queen to be crowned and honoured in the same hall were another subject to be pushed to the back of my mind...

My eyes followed where Charles indicated: my brother was attended by Cromwell. "Thank you darling Charles... It's time I greeted my brother, and her Majesty." I rose from the table gracefully and offered a gracious smile to all. "Enjoy the celebrations and I do hope we shall see more of each other."
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
avatar

Posts : 1505
Join date : 2011-11-23
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   Today at 10:38 am

Geoffrey Lonshord wrote:
Henry VIII of England wrote:
Henry nodded slowly. He glanced around Hall again

And where is Thomas More? I can't see him neither.. has he not been invited?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Geoffrey was placing some flowers upon a table when he heard Cromwell replying:

Thomas Cromwell: "He has been surely invited, Your Majesty.."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Henry sighed and nodded slowly, before adding thoughtfully

Then...he choosed not to come..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

______________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn   

Back to top Go down
 
Coronation feast of Anne Boleyn
Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
 Similar topics
-
» Anne Boleyn's Bedroom
» Letters to Lady Anne Boleyn and Margery Seymour
» "Evil is always possible. And goodness is eternally difficult." --Anne Rice, Interview with the Vampire
» Letter betwin Thomas and George Boleyn
» HATTS, Nerissa Anne

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Tudors World :: ENGLAND / Palaces and Houses :: Westminster Hall-
Jump to: