The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Library

Go down 
+31
Dorothy Seymour
Anthony Denny
Thomas More
Katherina Prue
Elizabeth Black
Elizabeth Wykes
Catherine Parr
Anne Bassett
Guinevere D'Amboise
Isabella Smith
Charles Henry Stafford Br
Sabrina Howard
Anne Pickering
Edward Seymour
Niklaus Petrovin
Elizabeth Seymour
Dorothea of Saxe-Lauenbur
Matthew Whitcombe
Mary Tudor
Francis of Navarre
Margaret Wyatt
Jane Adler
Elizabeth Crawley
Jane Bassett
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Ursula Misseldon
Thomas Howard
Diane de Poitiers
Pierre Du Bois
Mary Boleyn
Charles Brandon
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
Catherine Earnshaw
Lady-in-waiting
Catherine Earnshaw

Library - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2020 9:58 pm

The sudden sound of the deep, masculine voice startled her; Catherine almost dropped the books. Turning around, she made a quick curtsy and studied the tiled floor.

If you could put this book back at the top of the shelf, my lord, I would be very much grateful, She replied with a soft voice and lifted her eyes to meet his.
Back to top Go down
Niklaus Petrovin
Count of Luga
Niklaus Petrovin

Library - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2020 7:12 pm

Niklaus smiled. He took the book from her hands and he put it upon the shelf without leaving his eyes from her "But of course, my lady..hope I didn't disturbe your reading. I thought to be alone. Niklaus Petrovin, Count of Luga.." He bowed before her and took gently her hand. After placing a soft kiss upon her soft hand, he raised his glance to meet her eyes "What brings such beauty into a dusty library? You should rather enjoy sunlight, my lady.."
Back to top Go down
Juliet Compton
Countess of Derby
Juliet Compton

Library - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2021 9:07 pm

Everyone else was off dancing in the Great Hall but Juliet wasn't interested in all that. She found her way down the hallways to the library. Once there she happily started to browse the shelves to see the books until she realized she was not alone. Turning to face the gentleman she smiled. Hello my lord, are you looking for a good book too?

Back to top Go down
William Pennington
Servant
William Pennington

Library - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2021 1:48 pm

William was walking along library looking for a good book. He heard some footsteps and turning his face he saw a young lady. As she spoke to him, he bowed immediately

My lady...hope I have not scared you. Yes...just like you, I suppose. My name is William Pennington, I am at Duke of Suffolk's service. And...you are?

He asked, smiling and noticing she was young and very beautiful
Back to top Go down
Juliet Compton
Countess of Derby
Juliet Compton

Library - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2021 7:18 pm

As he spoke Juliet smiled and walked a bit closer to him. He was very tall and handsome like the dashing hero in so many stories she'd read and it made her bite her bottom lip nervously as she tried to think of something to say to him that wouldn't make her sound like a silly girl caught trying to find her next fairytale.

William, it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Juliet Compton, my cousin William was a great friend of King Henry. I've only recently come to court from my family's country home. She spoke softly as she looked up at him. I haven't met many people here yet...
Back to top Go down
William Pennington
Servant
William Pennington

Library - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2021 1:39 pm

William smiled as she spoke. Her voice was so very soft at his hears. He stepped a bit closer

If you wish..I can help you, lady Juliet. And not only about your book. You know..I'm at court since very long time..so I can teach you something about courtlife. It would be..a pleasure spending time with such a beauty..

He said instinctively. But he immediately stopped talking further. Since he wanted to say much more, being totally ravished by her beautiful face and her figure, that he could imagine beneath her gown

Oh..pardon, my lady..you must think..awful things about me. I'm sorry. But..I couldn't refrain myself. I suppose..you're here with your husband to be?

He asked just to investigate about her private life. Surely she had many suitors, he thought
Back to top Go down
Juliet Compton
Countess of Derby
Juliet Compton

Library - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2021 6:48 pm

Juliet felt herself blushing just from the way he was looking at her but she liked his attention and when he mentioned helping her she nodded. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated, life here at court is nothing like I expected and I'm afraid I will make some ghastly mistake to shame myself.

As he moved closer to her Juliet gazed up at his face. He had such a rugged handsome face that she had to fight the urge to trace her fingers over his jaw. Instead she clasped her hands nervously in front of herself then she heard his question. William, you've done nothing for me to consider you awful, you have been a perfect gentleman to men. And to answer your question I have no husband yet.
Back to top Go down
William Pennington
Servant
William Pennington

Library - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2021 1:56 pm

William showed her a gentle smile, satisfied by her answer

Oh...I'm surprised. But I suppose you have so many suitors..Anyway, lady Compton, I never knew your poor cousin. But my master did...and he nerver talked me about you. So..I'm very pleased to meet you. May I..invite you for a walk in the garden later? I would love..knowing more about you..

He said never leaving his eyes from her. He noticed her glance, so he hoped having some chance with her
Back to top Go down
Juliet Compton
Countess of Derby
Juliet Compton

Library - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2021 10:46 pm

Hearing that he was surprised to learn that she was single Juliet blushed, she liked the way he was looking at her. There was something dark and dangerous in his eyes but in his manner was a true gentleman. I would love a walk with you, I haven't explored the gardens yet and you may ask anything you wish to know. I am an open book... for you. She added hoping that he would know that she wanted to get to know him better too. Suitors is something that my father wishes I had, I think its his reason for sending me here.
Back to top Go down
William Pennington
Servant
William Pennington

Library - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2021 3:03 pm

A small smile appreaded on William's lips at her words

Really? If so...I think he sent you in the right place. Simply because...I'm sure you'll find so many suitors..that it will be hard for you to choose among them. And..if I could be one of your suitors...I would be so much honoured...

He stopped glancing nervously around

Please..forgive me again. I'm much older than you..and I shouldn't talk to you in this way. But...I couldn't help, lady Juliet. Honestly..I think I'll dream about you tonight. Because I never saw such innocence and beauty in one single young girl in my life..

He took her hand and dared to place a kiss upon her smooth skin
Back to top Go down
Juliet Compton
Countess of Derby
Juliet Compton

Library - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2021 7:24 pm

Juliet smiled back at William. Do you really think I need more than one suitor? I can only marry one of them. She told him and she watched as he took her hand unable to look away. His hand was much larger than hers and his kiss was soft like a gentle brush over her skin but it was enough to make her feel it all through her body. I want you as my suitor, I've always preferred men to boys. Her eyes were fixed on him and she didn't try to move her hand from his.
Back to top Go down
William Pennington
Servant
William Pennington

Library - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 3:25 pm

William felt a shiver along his back hearing her words. He didn't know what to say

Lady Juliet...you are really flattering me. I'm honoured to be allowed to be your suitor. I appreciate my age is not an obstacle for you...hope it's the same for your family. I...I'm going to count hours and minutes until our next meeting in garden..

He said before taking her hand in his and kissing it softly. He was shaking a bit and he hoped she didn't notice that
Back to top Go down
Juliet Compton
Countess of Derby
Juliet Compton

Library - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2021 3:22 am

Juliet nodded to him and watched him leave. His reaction to her words left her feeling as if she had done something wrong.
Back to top Go down
William Pennington
Servant
William Pennington

Library - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2021 3:15 pm

He stared deeply at her before leaving. He was surprised noticing that his heart was beating faster. This young girl had a great power on him. And he couldn't deny that. That's why he couldn't wait to meet her again
Back to top Go down
Juliet Compton
Countess of Derby
Juliet Compton

Library - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2021 7:49 pm

Juliet noticed him watching her so she smiled at him then waved. She felt a twinge of sadness to leave his presence and she hoped she'd see him again very soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Library - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Library   Library - Page 11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Library
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11