The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

The Manor House

Go down 
+3
Gabriel Latimer
Faith LeBeau
Geoffrey Lonshord
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

The Manor House - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2021 11:14 am

Thomas sat at the table after him and took a deep breath

Your Eminence...I was told that the Lady is very sorrowful for giving birth a daughter, and not the son she promised. In my opinion, this is surely the proof that God abandoned her..

He said looking at him
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2021 11:36 am

I listened to Thomas as he spoke of the recent dissapointment at court.

"Indeed it must be upsetting for Queen Anne but remember she is still young and I must ask you Thomas what makes you so sure that God has abandoned her for it is just one birth?
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2021 11:28 am

Thomas sighed after Cardinal's question

Honestly, Your Eminence..I think that God doesn't want Lady Anne as Queen of England, since the rightful Queen is still alive. So..I'm sure He won't give her a son. Rather..how is Queen Katherine? Have you news of her?

He asked, rather concerned
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 9:15 am

"I cannot ever accept a whore as Queen of England and it was seen by the church that Catherine is still England's true Queen. I hear she is at Kimbolton Castle exiled from court by Henry and her daughter not allowed to even visit her. I feel sorry for Queen Katherine. What do you make of this new Queen?
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 11:47 am

Thomas took another deep breath

I won't accept her neither, Your Eminence. About Queen Katherine..I can't visit her or talking to her. I have few contacts with her ladies in waiting. They told me that she is always strong, but that every day she begs the King to allow her the mercy to see her daughter, Princess Mary..

He replied with sadness in his eyes
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2021 1:09 pm

I looked at Thomas seeing how sad he was that he could not help Katherine.

"I will speak to the king myself and see if I can arrange for some sort of meeting for Katherine with her daughter but I have to try and make sure that the Queen Anne is not around.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2021 6:54 pm

Thomas sighed again looking at him

It won't be easy, Your Eminence. But I'm sure that His Majesty will yield someday. Because I still believe..with all my heart, that he still loves his daughter Mary..

He added thoughtfully
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2021 7:33 am

I looked towards Thomas.

"I still have some place at court so I will do all I can to help Katherine see her daughter for surely his Majesty would agree to that request. What will you do Thomas should you be summoned to court as I know you have a hatred of Queen Anne like myself.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2021 9:27 am

Thomas shook slowly his head

I don't think so...since, as you say, Queen Anne hates me. We know each other since long time, Your Eminence. Now that you, like myself, retired yourself from public life, I can't see you anymore. Of course, I am concerned about your well-being..

He said looking at him
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2021 8:54 am

"Thomas I can assure you that I am well and that despite what is happening around us I am still able to be in good spirits. I trust that your family are well?
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2021 2:39 pm

Thomas sighed deeply

My family is fine...thank you, Cardinal Wolsey. But you know, my absence from court and from Princess's Christening has been noted. Also..I have heard that Cardinal Fisher is in the Tower. Is that true?

He asked, still concerned
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2021 8:17 pm

"The news you hear about Fisher I am afraid is true. It is said that he refused to accept the marriage between the King and Queen and accept Henry as head of the church and so he is imprisoned and if the Queen gets her way he will be executed i fear.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2021 10:35 am

Thomas sighed sadly

I fear the same thing, Cardinal...and probably..I'll be the next one. Poor Fisher...he paid the price of his "intransigence"...as the King says. But tell me...and please...be sincere, Cardinal Wolsey: His Majesty sent you here in order to try to make me change my mind...about his Act of Supremacy?

He asked looking at him
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2021 7:48 am

I looked at my old friend More and then sighed.

"I am afraid that is the case. His majesty asks that you accept his Act of Supremacy and accept him as head of the English church along with agreeing to the match between his good self and Queen Anne. I want what is best for you Thomas and I fear if you do not agree to his terms the consequences may be severe and I have noticed lately that eyes are on me too.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2021 12:51 pm

Thomas sighed deeply

I'm sure that His Majesty is wondering why I choosed not to attend Lady Amme's coronation, even if I was officially invited. But you see, Cardinal Wolsey, these are hard times. Our faith is in danger. And I can't accept the King as Head of the Church. Only His Holiness the Pope is. And every single good catholic knows that..So, I can't betray my conscience..damning my eternal soul..

He replied thoughtfully looking around room
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2021 7:43 am

"Then if that is what you will do More then I cannot help but wonder would you really choose this and ruin your family. The King can be merciful and just present yourself at court before the King and explain it for he may yet see reason to spare you. I neither accept her as Queen for she is a whore and Katherine is the true Queen. I feel Queen Anne will try to ruin us both.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2021 5:02 pm

Thomas looked at him for  moment before replying

Cardinal Wolsey...I'll reply to your question with an old story. Many years ago...there was a King. He made a law, saying that whoever will commit treason against him, he must be killed. Unless...it was a virgin. When a virgin was actually charged, one of the councilors proposed to the king that the girl was first deflowered, and then...killed. So, in the same way...I won't allow them to deflore me...
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2021 8:12 pm

I looked at More then it came to me that the words he used were referring to that woman we had as Queen.

"More I can see it now that those words can only refer to that woman Anne who has infatuated the King and turned him away from the Church. I do fear that she will seal our fate but her position is not secure without a son. I must ask you though More will you not speak to the King about your troubles?
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 10:00 am

Thomas shook his head while sighing

The King doesn't pay attention to my words anymore. He is now so far from the truth...that nothing could change his mind. The Queen has not a son yet...this is true. But she could conceive an heir soon. And at that point...our fate is already written, Cardinal. So..I ask you to stay away from court. Anything, every single word...could be used against you..
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2021 7:59 pm

I looked at Thomas for a moment then realised he was probably right.

"I fear you may be right Thomas. I should write to his majesty informing him of my withdrawal from court due to ill health at least I have an excuse then. This Queen we have underestimated her I think.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2021 1:05 pm

Thomas nodded

I think we have, yes. She will use anything in her power to get rid of us. Let's hope that the King will consider our long friendship...
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2021 5:26 am

"Thomas I hope you are right about the King and that he will accept us. The Queen she has the power to be rid of us and should work leak of this conversation against her then she will likely have us done for treason. You must tell me how are your family coping?
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2021 10:41 am

Thomas shurugged a bit before replying

My family is fine, Cardinal Wolsey. But my wife is worried about me, of course. She told me that I should accept the King as head of the Church. But I can't, Your Eminence. And if the King won't accept my point of view, I fear I will pay the higher price..
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2021 7:07 am

"Thomas I fear you may be right but what is it that you are thinking of doing for it is likely should the king learn of this conversation it could end badly for us both. He still trusts you More and maybe you should accept his marriage.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2021 1:16 pm

Thomas nodded

The King has his eyes and ears everywhere, I know that. But you see, Cardinal..I can accept his marriage. But I'll never accept him as Head of the Church. I can't do this against my own conscience...even if my family signed the oath. I don't blame them for this...but I can't..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Manor House   The Manor House - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Manor House
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next