The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Letters between Amelia and Sybil of Cleves

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Amelia of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Amelia of Cleves

Letters between Amelia and Sybil of Cleves Empty
PostSubject: Letters between Amelia and Sybil of Cleves   Letters between Amelia and Sybil of Cleves I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 6:02 am

My dearest sister,

I write to you from Italy as I am now the crowned Queen of Italy. I know I was supposed to wait, but papa would have kept me prisoner. I didn't want to leave you or Anne however, you may visit me here and meet my new husband anytime you wish.
I love you with my whole heart.

Your sister,
Queen Amelia
Back to top Go down
Sybille of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Sybille of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Amelia and Sybil of Cleves   Letters between Amelia and Sybil of Cleves I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 7:25 pm

Sister,

My dearest sister or should I say Your Majesty,I am happy to her about your news as I am sure that you will be a wonderful Queen,but I must say that I am a little disappointed and sad that you didn't invite me at the weeding,since my only wish was to be at your and Anne's weeding,but what is done is done.I know how hard our father can be so I don't blame you,I just hope that you are happy and that your husband is treating you well...I do promise that I will visit you as soon as I can.I love you with all my heart and I will miss you very much.

With love your sister,
Sybille.
Back to top Go down
Amelia of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Amelia of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Amelia and Sybil of Cleves   Letters between Amelia and Sybil of Cleves I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 1:19 am

Sister,

I would have loved for you and Anne to be at my wedding however, it wasn't possible father would have made a point to stop it. So we eloped. At least he respected my wishes and we had a protestant wedding. It was beautiful Sybille!
He treats me with the utmost respect and I think I may even love him. Oh lord please don't let me regret saying that. He is not like most kings, he's kind, charming, and very handsome. Although, I still have yet to become pregnant im terrified of it for you always hear of the horror stories of childbirth.
Well I think I've tired your eyes for one day. Please visit soon, I miss you terribly!

Your little sister,
Amelia
Back to top Go down
Sybille of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Sybille of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Amelia and Sybil of Cleves   Letters between Amelia and Sybil of Cleves I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 10:07 pm

Dearest Sister,

You don't know how glad it makes me to here that you are happy and in love.Nothing is better in this life than finding the person who makes you happy like your husband make you.Do not fear my little sister not all the horror stories of childbirth are true and I am sure that very soon you will give your husband a child.

I miss you very much everyday.

With love,
Sybille
Back to top Go down
Amelia of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Amelia of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Amelia and Sybil of Cleves   Letters between Amelia and Sybil of Cleves I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 7:08 am

Dearest sister.

How are you and Fredrick? I miss Bavaria so much im so homesick I wish I could go home. However, I am with child and about to give birth any day. I am praying it is a boy so I could give my husband an heir. Please keep me in your prayers.
I do hope you can visit once the child is born im sure he would love to meet his aunt and uncle.
Anyway how is William and Anne? ..Papa? I need to see you all so very much.
Please write back soon.

Your loving sister,
Amelia, queen of Italy
Back to top Go down
Sybille of Cleves
Duchess of Cleves
Sybille of Cleves

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Amelia and Sybil of Cleves   Letters between Amelia and Sybil of Cleves I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 8:16 pm

Dear sister,

I'm so happy to recive your latter and to find out about your joyfull news.

Me and Fredrick are well,like the rest of our family.We miss you very much but I more than anyone.

You will be in my prayers everyday and I do hope that you will have a boy.Of course I will visit you when the baby is born I wouldn't miss it for anything in the world.

But tell me how are you?Are you happy?

With love,
Your sister
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Amelia and Sybil of Cleves   Letters between Amelia and Sybil of Cleves I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Letters between Amelia and Sybil of Cleves
Page 1 of 1