The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Archery Field

Go down 
+7
Mary Dawn
Margery Seymour
Anthony Denny
Alexandrina Duarte
Thomas Cromwell
Anthony Knivert
Henry VIII of England
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

Archery Field - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archery Field   Archery Field - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 2:10 pm

Thank you Margery I reply I shall also send a message to Lady Mary asking her to be there also

I make my leave to return to my chambers when I feel a chill down my spine and stop quickly and look around, spying Margery's concerned look I whisper Do you ever feel as if you are being watched?
Back to top Go down
Margery Seymour
Lady-in-waiting
Margery Seymour

PostSubject: Re: Archery Field   Archery Field - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 5:20 pm

I looked around to see if anyone from the distance was watching us. This was an open space area if anyone was to spy on us it would be from very far off. No why do you feel like there is someone spying on you.
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Archery Field   Archery Field - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 5:23 pm

Just a feeling I shiver as I look around It must be my imagination after all the events recently
Back to top Go down
Katherine Elizabeth Tudor
Duchess of Richmond

PostSubject: Re: Archery Field   Archery Field - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 6:58 pm

Katherine Elizabeth came back home but felt alone. She set watching the people in the Archery Field.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Archery Field   Archery Field - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 9:11 pm

"Charles was looking for a good thing to do after the royal wedding. And he thought to come in the Archery field. Maybe he could invite his friend Anthony. But while he was thinking about that, he saw the King's daughter. He approached her respectfully.."

My Lady...

Last edited by Charles Brandon on Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Duchess of Richmond

PostSubject: Re: Archery Field   Archery Field - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 7:18 pm

"Your grace." She said softly looking down.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Archery Field   Archery Field - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2016 9:08 pm

"Charles smiled"

My Lady...hope I'm not disturbing you. Are you not at the Summer Party? I heard that half court went there...

"He said in order to make her feel comfortable in his presence"
Back to top Go down
Duchess of Richmond

PostSubject: Re: Archery Field   Archery Field - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 1:18 am

"I don't feel like being at a party."She said looking at him.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Archery Field   Archery Field - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 4:36 pm

"Charles smiled weakly. She looked a bit sad"

Why not, my Lady? If I may ask...

"He said with low voice while sitting at her side"
Back to top Go down
Duchess of Richmond

PostSubject: Re: Archery Field   Archery Field - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 12:28 am

"I feel a bit of out place and alone in court."She said to him.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Archery Field   Archery Field - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 9:06 pm

"Charles frowned a bit"

Uhm...well, this can happen, when you're King's daughter. You know...I have a daughter of your same age. Maybe you both can be friends. Oh..I also have three sons...but last one is too much young for you..

"He added joking, hoping to make her smile
Back to top Go down
Duchess of Richmond

PostSubject: Re: Archery Field   Archery Field - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 1:08 am

Her hand touches his leg. Something about him made her want to touch him and even be touched by him.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Archery Field   Archery Field - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 4:35 pm

"Charles looked at her hand upon his leg. This made him feel embarassed. He frowned showing a forced smile"

My Lady...

"He whispered simply, glancing around"
Back to top Go down
Duchess of Richmond

PostSubject: Re: Archery Field   Archery Field - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 12:29 am

"Don't be embarrassed."She said smiling.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Archery Field   Archery Field - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2016 9:23 pm

"Charles looked at her"

Lady Katherine...I appreciate your interest in me. I feel flattered. But...I have a beautiful wife whom I'm in love with. And...I think you're too young for such things, my lady. Don't you agree?

"He said still trying to smile"
Back to top Go down
Duchess of Richmond

PostSubject: Re: Archery Field   Archery Field - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2016 4:05 pm

She looks down sad.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Archery Field   Archery Field - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2016 5:35 pm

"Charles noticed her sad expression and sighted"

It was not my intention to hurt or offend you, my Lady. I'm sorry..

"He said, looking at her"
Back to top Go down
Duchess of Richmond

PostSubject: Re: Archery Field   Archery Field - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2016 10:20 pm

She looks up at him.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Archery Field   Archery Field - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 9:22 pm

"Charles smiled kindly at her"

You are a very sweet young lady, Lady Katherine. I just think you should focus your attention on someone worthy of you. I'm saying that..for the respect I have towards your father, of course..and towards my family. I'm sure you understand..

"He explained, trying to be kind"
Back to top Go down
Duchess of Richmond

PostSubject: Re: Archery Field   Archery Field - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2016 5:03 am

Small tears roll down her face.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Archery Field   Archery Field - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 5:16 pm

"Charles noticed her tears and looked surprised at her. He didn't know what to do"

Oh please...don't cry, my Lady. I'm terribly sorry...I didn't mean to hurt you. I see you're very sensitive and good young girl. That's why I'm talking for your sake, Lady Katherine..

"He said, wondering if he wasn't making her feel even worse with his words"
Back to top Go down
Duchess of Richmond

PostSubject: Re: Archery Field   Archery Field - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 1:38 am

She looked down at the ground.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Archery Field   Archery Field - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 3:35 pm

"Charles sighed deeply"

Please...say something, my Lady. I need to know if my apologizes are accepted...

"He said with low voice, turning towards her"
Back to top Go down
Duchess of Richmond

PostSubject: Re: Archery Field   Archery Field - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 7:08 pm

She nodded her head to him. But was still wishing for his touch she couldn't explain it.
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Archery Field   Archery Field - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2019 2:38 pm

I stood alone. For once unattended and free from the claustrophobia of court life, the air filled my lungs like wine in a drunk man's cup. As I released the arrow, sending it soaring towards the woven target, I smiled. The swift swoosh filled the silent air. And then a crash as the arrow collided with the painted wicker. After three attempts, I had finally struck the centre and a gleeful yelp escaped my lips.

"Yes!" I cheered.

There was no one around to hear it. My ladies and attendants had gone about their duties, were fawning over my daughter or had at least remained inside at my instruction... I couldn't breath with so many around me. It was silly, really. Since the day I had been born, all those years ago in the Tower of London, I had been served and surrounded by people. Even raised far from my father and his court, my Aunt Catherine ensured that I was raised as a princess was. Just as she had been. Even at Poissy I had never been alone. Such was the life of royalty; to never know peace unless you stole it. But even then, you could not escape it for very long.

As a princess, your life was never your own. You belonged to your country as well as the men of your family. And though I fought and struggled against such control, I could not escape it. There was no escape from it. Ever.

I knew my reprieve would come to a halt sooner rather than later. That had been why I hurried outside; to be out in the clean air, with nothing but the sky above and my thoughts to fill it. Otherwise I would have been inside. Embroidering nightshirts or an altar cloth, sat in my great chair beneath my cloth of estate. The canopy, richly decorated and glittering in the candlelight, was my right as a dowager queen - a symbol of my illustrious status and my constant reminder of my powerless position. All the majesty of a queen, with all the rights of an unmarried sister.  

Plucking another arrow from my quiver, I drew my bow once more. I fully intended to steal as much freedom as I could. There was plenty of time to ponder and wonder about the future. The fate of myself, my future and the plans of my brother. The fate of my homeland's soul and the break with the Holy Mother Church. The rise of ambitious upstarts and the games of courtiers seeking to rise further. All these could be worried about later and many hours could be whiled away doing so...

But for now, I was amongst the fresh air, there was an arrow to loose and a target to strike. A moment of bliss I intended to savour.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Archery Field   Archery Field - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Archery Field
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next