The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Archery Field

Go down 
+7
Mary Dawn
Margery Seymour
Anthony Denny
Alexandrina Duarte
Thomas Cromwell
Anthony Knivert
Henry VIII of England
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Gustav Vasa
King of Sweden
Gustav Vasa

Archery Field - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archery Field   Archery Field - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2019 12:25 pm

I was walking exploring the gardens on my visit to England when i approached an archery field and i went over and saw a very importantly dressed lady and as i arrived she laughed an arrow which hit the centre of the target.

"That is an excellent shot my lady the way you launched the arrow was beautiful and your concentration was just fantastic.Where did you learn such skills?"
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Archery Field   Archery Field - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2019 12:00 pm

Caught off guard, I turned to face the complimenting voice. My mind has been so focused upon my thoughts and the target, I had almost forgotten the world: it had faded into a haze about me. Now, snapped back to reality, it was vivid once more.

My father...” I answered honestly. “It was one of the few skills he had time to pass on to me. Thank you though.” A chuckle escaped my lips. In a rare moment of interest or affection, I had never really decided which, my father had spent an entire day teaching me how to shoot. The concentration, the skill; each technique was imparted with gentility and kindness, the like of which I had never experienced from my very distant father. Nor would I see it again. I had been seven years old and he died not long after.

The man was dressed magnificently. Richly adored and evidently an important person, he would make even the grandest courtier swoon. I didn’t recognise him and he clearly did not know me, which made a delightful change.

Would you care to join me?
Back to top Go down
Gustav Vasa
King of Sweden
Gustav Vasa

PostSubject: Re: Archery Field   Archery Field - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2019 12:21 pm

I looked at the lady standing before me and she was a real beauty and very smartly dressed herself.

"I am sorry to here you lost your father when you were so young my lady. It must have been hard on you" I say picking up a bow and arrow.

"I will indeed join you my lady i like seeing you shoot. My name's is Gustav Vasa by the way I am King of Sweden and visitor to King Henry's court and i am here with my sister"
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Archery Field   Archery Field - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2019 8:21 pm

I curtsied, lowering my head in respect. “Your Majesty, welcome to Whitehall.” Rising with swan-like grace, a sunny smile spread across my features.

Plucking another arrow from my quiver, I draw back the bowstring until it was taut against my fingers.
My father and I had...” I paused, thinking of a diplomatic way to describe the difficult relationship I had with my very distant father. This was an important guest of her brother and he did not need to hear about their private family problems... they were well known but reminding Christendom would not serve the King and his ambitions. “We had a complicated relationship.

I turned my gaze from the target and took aim. “What brings your Majesty and your sister to England and King Henry's court?
Back to top Go down
Gustav Vasa
King of Sweden
Gustav Vasa

PostSubject: Re: Archery Field   Archery Field - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2019 12:42 pm

"I am sorry to hear you had a difficult relationship with your father my lady. I can see he has taught you well with a bow.

I have travelled here looking for a suitable match for my sister and an alliance with England my lady. May i ask what brings you to this fine court?"
I say to her not knowing who she was.
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Archery Field   Archery Field - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2019 9:12 am

"I cannot blame him, your Majesty... it was complicated for many reasons." With a flick of my fingers, I sent the arrow hurtling and slicing through the cooling autumn air. In less than a heartbeat, a thud rattled the target and the bolt crashed against the centre again. Another smile beamed from my face. It seemed that, despite all my protests, I had indeed inherited something of my father in me. I returned my gaze to the Swedish King, my features still glowing from my little triumph.

"When my husband died, my daughter and I had only one place to go." It seemed my time escaping reality was up. In the distance I could see the familiar faces of my household gathering in the vain attempt to watch discretely. Offering the protections that an unmarried woman, including widows, of my exalted status required. I was alone with a man... it would not take long before the court gossips went to work. Then everyone in every nook and cranny of Whitehall would know and when it finally got back to both Henry and the handsome King before me, it could be seen as an insult by both parties. Any perceived slight could damage negotiations and goodwill; King Gustav desired an alliance and my beloved brother needed allies since breaking with Rome. It was time I returned to the real world and all the expectations it held.

"So I came home. And the King welcomed his widowed sister back." Casting my eyes downwards, I offered a faint smile as looked at him from under my eyelashes. "I should have introduced myself..." With that I restored my eyes to his and offered in a voice of silk and honey:

"I am Katherine of England, dowager queen of Navarre."
Back to top Go down
Gustav Vasa
King of Sweden
Gustav Vasa

PostSubject: Re: Archery Field   Archery Field - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2019 12:25 pm

I looked at the lady and smiled.
"I am honoured to meet you your highness. Your brother the king is a kind man. I hope we can see more of each other too your Highness" i say to her as i launch an arrow from my bow splitting hers in the target.
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Archery Field   Archery Field - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2019 1:29 pm

Clapping at the precision of the King's shot, I chuckled. "Finally, some competition."

"You have no idea how long I have waited for that!" With dramatic flair, another arrow was pulled into the curve of my bow. After years of either practising alone or having to hide my skill to pretend which prince or lord visiting Henry was better than me, I finally had found a decent competitor. Perhaps I had been wrong. Maybe my rarely found freedom was not over despite the handsome Swedish King knowing who I was.

"Highness, Majesty, Grace; I've heard them all my life from servants and courtiers. I much prefer Kate..." I added teasingly, glancing his way as I released my arrow. Speeding into the wicker circle like a hunting hound tearing after a deer, the bolt pierced the target right beside King Gustav's own.

"If I may ask, your Majesty, how are your alliance negotiations going?"
Back to top Go down
Gustav Vasa
King of Sweden
Gustav Vasa

PostSubject: Re: Archery Field   Archery Field - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2019 12:26 pm

I look at Katherine as she released another arrow hitting right next to mine.

"Another amazing shot my lady you are so talented. From now on I shall call you Kate a nice name too" I say as i launched another arrow hitting right between my first and hers.

"Negotiations are going quite well. King Henry has found a match for my sister but i do want to meet him first. I would love Kate if you would like to come to Sweden too?"
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Archery Field   Archery Field - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2019 2:08 pm

"I'm pleased to hear it." I smiled, positioning yet another arrow into the embrace of my bow. "So many come seeking husband's from my brother, courting his favour as much as a suitor. Though I wish your sister good luck."

Once more, I released my arrow and at great speed, it crashed into the wicker target. The thud caused the woven circle to shudder.

"I'm pleased... though you'll need to be careful around my brother. He wouldn't like to think I was being dishonoured or show less respect than I am due." With a coy smile, I teased once more. The laugh that left her lips filled the air. As a dowager queen, she had many rights and privileges but in reality they were much less than those afforded to her sister by marriage. She was a queen in name and a unmarried sister in life.

"How can I refuse such an invitation?" I beamed "I'd love to."
Back to top Go down
Gustav Vasa
King of Sweden
Gustav Vasa

PostSubject: Re: Archery Field   Archery Field - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2019 8:26 pm

"I am honoured that you accept my invitation Kate. I am not sure how it works here in England though do you have to get your brother's permission to leave court?"
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Archery Field   Archery Field - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2019 4:41 pm

Probably, Sire.” I smiled “...But I’m sure Henry could do with a little anxiety about his little sister.” I winked. A coy smile spreading across my lips as a giggle escaped like sparrow from a cage. It was high time I rebelled more, I thought, and doing so would offer the freedom that felt so elusive for women of my rank.

Besides, some time away from court and home is just what I need.
Back to top Go down
Gustav Vasa
King of Sweden
Gustav Vasa

PostSubject: Re: Archery Field   Archery Field - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2019 12:28 pm

"I do hope you like Sweden Kate my kingdom is very different from England but it is my home. You are welcome to stay as long as you wish
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Archery Field   Archery Field - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2019 12:25 pm

Our homes are our homes. We love them regardless of how far we travel.” I sang. Offering a smile, I plucked my final arrow from the quiver. With one last flourish, I dragged the bolt back with the string growing more and more taut against my fingers. The flesh reddened from the pressure. Despite the discomfort, my focus never wavered from the centre of the target; the painted wicker becoming all I could see. And then, in a heartbeat, I released it. Another crash against the target saw my arrow collide with the exact centre and my smile brightening. “I am already looking forward to seeing your realm.
Back to top Go down
Gustav Vasa
King of Sweden
Gustav Vasa

PostSubject: Re: Archery Field   Archery Field - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2019 12:31 pm

I stood by and watched Kate shoot her last arrow.

"A fine shot Kate you have amazing talent. My realm has it's own little things I like. There will be a banquet for you Kate and many at my court will be surprised at your archery skills too. It is not common in Sweden to see a lady shoot do well. You will fascinate my court." I say to her as I shoot my next arrow towards the target and it lands right next to Katherine's arrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Archery Field   Archery Field - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Archery Field
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4