The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Charlie Brandon's bedchamber

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

Charlie Brandon's bedchamber Empty
PostSubject: Charlie Brandon's bedchamber   Charlie Brandon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 10:18 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Charles Henry Stafford Br
Duke of Suffolk

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Brandon's bedchamber   Charlie Brandon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 7:43 am

It did not pass a long time before the potions that Charlie brought from Suffolk finished.
His doctors prescribed him to take those drugs three times per day and, if necessary, to augment the dose.
He had forgotten how much Court's life could be stressful and, inevitably, he ended up to finish his stockpile in a couple of weeks.
At the moment, he felt very bad: he spent four days alone in his room, without sleeping or eating. He didn't want to see anyone, neither someone from his family.
The room became a mess: he didn't allow servants to come in and he was often victim of his own uncontrolled anger attacks.

However, in a moment of awareness, he decided to write to the Court physician.
His father told him something about the man, but the young Brandon never met him.
He put the letter into the hands of a servant who wore the livery of the Staffords, his mother's family. He feared that a servant from his father's household would give the letter to him first.
The letter was very short. The black ink dripped on the paper while Charlie was writing because of his trembling hand.
It said:

"Most admired Mr. De Agostinis,
Please, come as soon as possible.
We don't know each other yet, but I need your help or I will die.
I can pay you any sum of money you wish.
I can't write my name on this paper, but you're requested and welcomed to follow my servant to my rooms.
I wait for you.
C.H.S.B.
P.S. Burn this letter"

As the servant left the room after a bow, Charles fell on the sofa and looked at the wall in front of him.
He was wearing black pants, boots and a white shirt.
His blonde hair were ruffled, he had deep black bags under his sky-blue eyes and he looked more pale than usual.
He poured some wine in his goblet and drank it in an instant.
He waited for the physician to come.
Back to top Go down
Agostino De Agostinis
Physician
Agostino De Agostinis

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Brandon's bedchamber   Charlie Brandon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 12:08 am

Agostino got the letter from the servant wearing the Stafford's livery. For a moment he thought that lady Anna was not feeling well. Or..that she was pregnant again. He read it carefully and felt very surprised by the words he read. He didn't know who was the person who asked for him, but he understood that his problem was urgent. So he burnt the letter as requested and followed the servant. When he found himself in front of the young Brandon's door, he understood. He dismissed the servant and opened slowly the door. He glanced inside room

Your Grace..may I come in? It's Dr De Agostinis..
Back to top Go down
Duke of Suffolk

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Brandon's bedchamber   Charlie Brandon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:12 am

Charles remained on the sofa looking at the fireplace as if he was hypnotized.
At first he heard footsteps coming from the corridor.
Then, when he heard the door opening slowly and the physician's voice, he looked up: "Yes, come in quickly" he said.

He set down with the goblet of wine in one hand and his elbows laid on his knees.
The curtains drapes were drawn and so the room was quite dark. It didn't bother him, but it was necessary to get used to the less light inside.

"Thank you for coming. I'm very grateful. Please, have a seat... May I offer you something to drink?" he invited him pointing the armchair in front of him and drinking a sip of his wine.

Charlie took his time to watch him: red hair, pale skin, freckles... He was unusual.

"You know, doctor De Agostinis" he started "For a man in my position, I have to ask you to keep the secret about this visit. No one knows about my condition except my family and no one has to know it. Is it clear?"
Back to top Go down
Agostino De Agostinis
Physician
Agostino De Agostinis

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Brandon's bedchamber   Charlie Brandon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 12:27 am

Agostino came closer. The young Brandon looked very pale and not in good health. He sat hesitantly next to him and nodded

Of course..I won't talk to anyone about this visit, Your Grace. I'm tied by professional secret. Now tell me..can you describe me your symptoms? I read your message, and I'm rather worried..

He looked intently at him, noticing that he was staring at him as well. He wondered what was troubling his body and his soul
Back to top Go down
Duke of Suffolk

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Brandon's bedchamber   Charlie Brandon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 7:16 pm

"Excellent" he wanted to say with satisfaction, but his voice sounded more like a whisper.

He coughed and stood up with much effort, walking slowly to a table not far from where they were.

"My doctors in Suffolk gave me these drugs to calm down my instincts..." he said picking up a couple of little glass bottles "I suspect they don't know exactly what to do with me" he laughed softly.
He turned and came back to him. He handed him the bottles and leaned close to the fireplace.
He looked at the flames and continued to speak: "It all started when I was a little child and got worse when I grew up. Now, it is almost uncontrollable. I fear it deals with my mind. I hurt myself without realizing it" he looked a moment to his injured hands "It happens often when I sleep and I have nightmares, terrible nightmares... And then, when it's morning, a moment I feel happy and the moment after I'm very angry and can't help but blame something: objects, people... It doesn't matter. I just have to do it. My moon changes so rapidly... " he shook his head "... I'm terrified from myself. At least, those potions helped me but since I'm back to Court I had to drink then more often than usual and... well, they finished rapidly..."
Back to top Go down
Agostino De Agostinis
Physician
Agostino De Agostinis

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Brandon's bedchamber   Charlie Brandon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 12:00 am

Agostino listened him carefully. He thought deeply about his symptons, and after the boy finished talking he nodded

Uhm..I see. Anger attacks are not unusual among teenagers. Even girls can have them. But I'm rather worried for nightmares..and for self harm acts. All this can be due to a very fragile nervous system..

He saw a bottle on the table and took it in his hands. He opened it and smelled it carefully. So he looked at him again

Is this the drug you use to calm down your nerves, Your Grace?
Back to top Go down
Duke of Suffolk

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Brandon's bedchamber   Charlie Brandon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 8:36 pm

His words didn't reassure him, on the contrary... He started feeling more nervous.
At least, he appreciated that Doctor De Agostinis didn't lie to him like the doctors in Suffolk did all the time, just in order to reassure him that everything was fine when it wasn't.

"I see..." he said.

He looked at him and at the bottle he was smelling: "Yes, it is. There are many", he added pointing the others on the table.

He was getting nervous, he could feel it and also see it by the trembling of his gloved hands.
He always had them covered: he didn't want to let people see them and especially what he did to them.

He took another goblet of wine and drank from it.

Back to top Go down
Agostino De Agostinis
Physician
Agostino De Agostinis

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Brandon's bedchamber   Charlie Brandon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 12:47 am

Agostino put the bottle on the table again and took another one from his bag

I suggest you this one, Your Grace. It's a mixture of herbal essences. It will help your nerves to relax. Drink this..and this only, every evening before sleeping. And no more wine..

He said glancing at the glass of wine in his hands. He noticed he was trembling and looked at his gloved hands

May I have a look at your hands, your Grace? Don't worry..whatever I'll see, it will remain secret and won't come out from this room..
Back to top Go down
Duke of Suffolk

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Brandon's bedchamber   Charlie Brandon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 3:54 pm

Charles was quite reluctant toward his request.
He didn't feel at his ease to show his hands to people he didn't know, even thought Mr De Agostinis wanted to help him.

"Well..." he sighed "If you insist..."

He took his gloves off and showed his hands without looking at them: they were not a good view.
They were kind of tortured, with many fresh wounds and scars.

"I did it..."
Back to top Go down
Agostino De Agostinis
Physician
Agostino De Agostinis

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Brandon's bedchamber   Charlie Brandon's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 11:12 pm

Agostino looked at his hands. There were many scars on them. He took them in his hands and sighed deeply

I've seen worse. But consider yourself lucky for sstill having your hand's use..

He took an ointment from his medical bag and started spreading it on his scars

Use this twice a day. I..I shall be sincere with you, Your Grace: These scars won't disappear completely. But..you hand's look can improve. So you won't wear gloves anymore. Why..why you did this to yourself, Your Grace?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charlie Brandon's bedchamber   Charlie Brandon's bedchamber I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Charlie Brandon's bedchamber
Page 1 of 1