The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Roses of truth

Go down 
+2
Thomas More
Elizabeth Wykes
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Roses of truth - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 11:27 pm

Thomas smiled for her words. Young girls's feelings were not a predictable thing. He nodded

Yes...I did, my lady. I gave to His Majesty a silver cross as gift. I don't know if he appreciated it or not...but I felt it was the perfect gift for Easter...

He said thinking at Henry's face when he saw the cross
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Wykes
Countess of Essex
Elizabeth Wykes

PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 10:25 am

Elizabeth looked at his expression intently Easter was a time for peace and it seemed that Thomas was extending an olive branch to the king. "It could of gone worse he could of refused to see you we both know the King likes to humiliate people in public. Maybe Margaret will take this chance to make amends aswell a Farther and Daughter should be happy."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 11:26 pm

Thomas rubbed softly the hat in his hands. He sighed and nodded, thinking that she was right

Absolutely. There is nothing I desire more..than reconciliate myself with my daughter. But I don't talk with Margaret since a while. So I think I'll visit her soon..

He added, secretely fearing Margaret's reaction
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Wykes
Countess of Essex
Elizabeth Wykes

PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 2:10 am

Elizabeth was content to hear this secretly she hoped that it would be a misunderstanding between the two and that they shall both laugh this of in weeks to come. Just try to remember that she is still young and she is in a court where it's all a bit unsettled the best thing to do is to try and guide her in a way that she does not know that you are trying to. I shall pray for you both in fact pray together to strength this Farther and daughter relationship." Elizabeth gave him a sympathetic look.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 11:31 pm

Thomas smiled. He appreciated her words and nodded

Thank you, my lady. I assure you that since now, I shall remember you in my prayers as well..

He replied smiling softly
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Wykes
Countess of Essex
Elizabeth Wykes

PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 1:21 am

Elizabeth was touched by his words it had surely been a pleasure to speak with him. Thank you Sir Thomas and I shall pray that you can restore the bond with you're daughter. I hope to speak with you again and that things have improved for us both. She spoke with pure honesty.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 11:22 pm

Thomas bowed with his head

Thank you, lady Cromwell. I hope the same for you. And I hope we can meet again. It has been a lovely conversation, indeed. And thank you for your advices. Sometimes even the King's Chancellor needs a female advice..

He said with an ironic smile
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Wykes
Countess of Essex
Elizabeth Wykes

PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 8:58 pm

Elizabeth gave Thomas an Indulgent smile it was nice that someone valued her advice for once. Be assured that I shall keep our conversation between you and I. I really hope we do get to meet again. Elizabeth went her seperate way from Sir Thomas he was not so bad as she thought him to be.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 11:30 pm

Thomas smiled and bowed at her

Lady Cromwell...

He watched her leaving silently. She was a nice and intelligent woman, after all. Then he took a deep breath and kept on walking towards Palace again
Back to top Go down
Margery Seymour
Lady-in-waiting
Margery Seymour

PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 7:28 pm

Margery led her to a wide archway filled with roses ready for the picking all a variety of different colours it was very tranquil place to be.

This is beautiful isn't it Mary let's pick enough to both fill our rooms aswell.

Mary was starting to look more relaxed and this pleased Margery a lot.
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 7:48 pm

"Tis very beautiful, I have never seen so many colours" Mary's eyes widened as she looked at the flowers she would pick for her gift.

Mary would try to remember the way to this tranquil place as she liked to be surrounded by nature "Lady Margery how often do you come here" she asked as they gathered a posy of pink roses
Back to top Go down
Margery Seymour
Lady-in-waiting
Margery Seymour

PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 3:18 pm

Actually this is my first time here I love the nature this earth has to offer us I have been looking out for a birds nest as it is spring but I have yet to find one. Spring is my favourite time of year not to hot not to cold perfect weather

Margery didn't pick any flowers as roses had thorns she just simply stopped to smell the different coloured ones letting her fingers touch the soft petals.
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 3:46 pm

"I like to be with nature, for it is most kind and it means us no harm" Mary gently picks more roses minding the thorns "I feel safe out here" she sighs

Mary looks at the roses in her hands and decides she has enough but does not want to interrupt Lady Margery as she looks at peace
Back to top Go down
Margery Seymour
Lady-in-waiting
Margery Seymour

PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 10:12 pm

Margery forgot that she had company she blushed as she turned her face towards Mary.

Yes their is a lovely fish and duck pond sometimes if I am not at court you can find me their with my head buried in a book. It is how I clear my mind to think straight. Oh my have you finished picking the flowers already time really does fly by.
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 10:29 pm

Mary nodded "I was busy listening to the silence" she smiled "tis strange to think a busy court is close"

Mary imagined how nice it would be to walk with a loved one by the fish pond and have him pick flowers for her, she shook her head to dispel the picture her mind had put before her and she shivered "Please may we go back inside Lady Margery"
Back to top Go down
Margery Seymour
Lady-in-waiting
Margery Seymour

PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 4:18 pm

Margery smiled gently at Mary but when she mentioned the fish pond she noticed the urgent tone in her voice.

Of course we can is something the matter.
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 5:06 pm

Mary bite her lip, how she wished she could have left her past behind her at her old Court

"Nothing is the matter" she lied to her new friend, she did not want Lady Margery to think ill of her "I would like to get the gift to the Lady Anne while the roses are still fresh" she smiled

Back to top Go down
Margery Seymour
Lady-in-waiting
Margery Seymour

PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 10:21 pm

Margery decided not to pressure her on what was on her mind instead she nodded and wrapped a protective arm around her.

Of course we can do that where do you want to make this lovely gift.
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 10:24 pm

"My chambers as the embroidery is there and if you do not mind can you help me choose a dress that would be right for the party" Mary smiled she knew one day she would have to tell her friend about the past but first she wanted to meet Lady Anne
Back to top Go down
Margery Seymour
Lady-in-waiting
Margery Seymour

PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 8:02 pm

Margery liked Mary she was a very gentle and kind person she really seemed to care about Anne and first impressions were important.

Splendid idea is their any colour of dress that you would like to wear? How about a light pale yellow or baby power blue. I could braid your hair for you.
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:30 pm

"Oh would you" Mary grinned "I would be so grateful and I do have a blue dress that I have been waiting for the right moment to wear"

Back to top Go down
Margery Seymour
Lady-in-waiting
Margery Seymour

PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 6:05 pm

It was like Margery had taken on a new sister only this one had time for her.

It is no bother to me you have naturally wavy her anyway. My brother Thomas used to tease me for having ginger hair but he is a bit of an outcast of the family. My favourite is Edward.
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 6:17 pm

"I think your hair is a wonderful colour, it has a shine that matches your eyes" I smile as we walk back towards my chambers, it was nice to hear of Lady Margery's family as I have no siblings of my own

"Please tell me more of your family, if you do not think it prying of me"
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Howard
Countess of Ormonde
Elizabeth Howard

PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2021 2:08 am

The bright sun shone among the roses in the garden as I waited. As the ladies in waiting forward out, I try to glance Queen Anne, my daughter.
Back to top Go down
Anne Boleyn
Queen of England
Anne Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2021 7:46 am

I walked out into the gardens amongst the roses and my ladies came into the garden first then I followed and it was such a beautiful day and I had decided to wear a gown of pale pink and I wore the new necklace Henry had bought me. I came out into the garden and seeing from a distance I saw my mother standing there and I began walking towards her.
"Mother it is so nice to see you. What brings you back to court mother?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roses of truth
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next