The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Queen Joanna's bedchamber

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Joan Fitzgerald
Countess of Ormonde
Joan Fitzgerald

Queen Joanna's bedchamber - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen Joanna's bedchamber   Queen Joanna's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 2:02 am

I opened the door gently with hardly any noise. Upon entering the room it was very stuffy with a blazening fire a light. It's the end of may and they still lit fires! Locating Joanna I noticed how pale she looked I felt sorry for her. Your majesty are you well. I asked in my sweet irish accent. I wasn't normally sweet to any person except Joanna.
Back to top Go down
Joanna of Castille
Queen of Spain
Joanna of Castille

PostSubject: Re: Queen Joanna's bedchamber   Queen Joanna's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 6:11 pm

Seeing Lady Joan's kind and pretty face seemed to ease my restless mind. I smiled and went to her. "I am well now that you're here. The Lord answered my prayers and gave me good company. please, won't you sit? I will have food and wine sent up. You can tell me about your adventures." I had no shame in showing how lonely I had been.
Back to top Go down
Joan Fitzgerald
Countess of Ormonde
Joan Fitzgerald

PostSubject: Re: Queen Joanna's bedchamber   Queen Joanna's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 7:08 am

I Immediately went to her side taking her hand in mine. I could see how lonely she had been. It showed under her eye's a certain tired look lingered their. Why doesn't your majesty sit down first and relax. To be a confidant or some restbite to Joanna meant a great deal more to me than having a life in England. Well, Anne Boleyn has now been created the Marquess of Pembroke. I have no news on your sister as I couldn't see Eustace Chapguys at court.
Back to top Go down
Joanna of Castille
Queen of Spain
Joanna of Castille

PostSubject: Re: Queen Joanna's bedchamber   Queen Joanna's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 6:56 pm

I did as Joan bade me and sat, motioning for her to have a seat as well. "So my brother-in-law's whore has been raised up. So that she, I presume, may be worthy to others of marrying the king... These are sad times we live in, Joan. He will commit bigamy if he doesn't stop." I rested back in my chair and wished Katherine was with me now.. If only I could cheer her! "It was kind of you to have tried to gather news about my sister. Thank you." I squeezed her hand.
Back to top Go down
Joan Fitzgerald
Countess of Ormonde
Joan Fitzgerald

PostSubject: Re: Queen Joanna's bedchamber   Queen Joanna's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 6:09 pm

The king keeps Mary and Katherine apart for fear of plotting against him. He does not want a war should your son step upon English soil. I sat obediently by her side, gently placing my hand on hers. I wasn't as skilled in knowing how the mind of the man works let alone a diplomat. Maybe when Eustace pays a visit here we could ask him to dispatch a letter to Katherine. So, she would know that you are thinking of her. Are you both close. I didn't know much about the upbringing that they had both had. I knew who their mother was and thought how she might of handled situations like these.
Back to top Go down
Joanna of Castille
Queen of Spain
Joanna of Castille

PostSubject: Re: Queen Joanna's bedchamber   Queen Joanna's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 12:35 am

I shook my head. "Charles, like any man in a position of great power, prefers to keep that power. I can't see him taking a risk, even for his blood relatives. He promised long ago to marry the little Princess Mary. And now she is grown and in distress, a cage not of her own making. No, Charles will not step foot in England while Henry is alive," I foretold. "I was thinking just that- sending a letter to my sister. Oh, we were different growing up. She was more studious and better-mannered than I. To this day I maintain the ability to say exactly what's in my mind without a moment's thought or hesitation," I laughed.
Back to top Go down
Joan Fitzgerald
Countess of Ormonde
Joan Fitzgerald

PostSubject: Re: Queen Joanna's bedchamber   Queen Joanna's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 1:47 am

But don't you have to assert and use power so that others. Will tremble in their boots at the sound of your name. No man should have all that power. What I never understood was the inbreeding in most Spanish Royal families. I think that if Mary Tudor was married to Charles V it would've been a great disadvantage and advantage possible. Alas, like all kings Henry Tudor knew how and when to use his power. Like keeping his daughter shut away and publicly humiliated. Her beauty would be hidden from the world as year after year rolled into one. We could write to both mother and daughter.
Back to top Go down
Joanna of Castille
Queen of Spain
Joanna of Castille

PostSubject: Re: Queen Joanna's bedchamber   Queen Joanna's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 8:33 pm

"You're right. No man should have so much power, but all men do." I sighed deeply feeling the weight of my years and my stress upon my shoulders. "Perfect. I shall write to Katherine and Mary as well."
Back to top Go down
Joan Fitzgerald
Countess of Ormonde
Joan Fitzgerald

PostSubject: Re: Queen Joanna's bedchamber   Queen Joanna's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 7:52 pm

I went and fetched her writing parchments lighting the candle to where she would write her letters. It's because men know that we women are far greater rulers. I said with a simple smile as I began to start burning the candle wax that would seal her most important letters. When you were the same age as your niece Mary Tudor. What exactly did your life entail?
Back to top Go down
Joanna of Castille
Queen of Spain
Joanna of Castille

PostSubject: Re: Queen Joanna's bedchamber   Queen Joanna's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 5:16 am

I sighed deeply, but smiled gratefully as Joan procured my writing tools. I dipped the quill in ink and let it fill enough while I spoke with my dearest friend. "When I was Mary's age I was already married and had my firstborn, Eleanor. I cannot fathom keeping a woman from her marital duty." With a grimace, I told Joan quite plainly, "A physician once told me that a woman dries up quicker than a man. A man can produce children until he's older than dirt, but women dry up, especially early if their bodies aren't put to the use God meant them for."
Back to top Go down
Joan Fitzgerald
Countess of Ormonde
Joan Fitzgerald

PostSubject: Re: Queen Joanna's bedchamber   Queen Joanna's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 2:59 pm

Your Highness, you have some guests. I said with apprehension, not really knowing how to tell her just who one of her guests was. One of them is a Princess Juana whose husband is well... your husband I believe. The other is Spanish ambassador and what seems like his wife. I could feel my whole body shaking as I said those words, fearing Joanna's temper one that I had yet to witness. The Princess Juana is in the sitting room. But where would you like to receive the ambassador.
Back to top Go down
Joanna of Castille
Queen of Spain
Joanna of Castille

PostSubject: Re: Queen Joanna's bedchamber   Queen Joanna's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 2:31 am

"Bring the ambassador here, as for this woman you speak of.... I will see to her myself." I saw how tense and nervous Joan looked and gave a smile of reassurance. Indeed my curiosity was piqued more than my anger.
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Queen Joanna's bedchamber   Queen Joanna's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 10:42 pm

Inigo was brought until the Queen's chamber by a servant. The boy announced them. He looked at Fransisca before entering. As he stepped inside, he saw the Queen sitting calmly with her lady in waiting, the same who received them. He fell into a deep bow

Su Majestad..

He said keeping his eyes on the floor
Back to top Go down
Joanna of Castille
Queen of Spain
Joanna of Castille

PostSubject: Re: Queen Joanna's bedchamber   Queen Joanna's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2016 3:43 am

I acknowledged the ambassador with a nod and small smile.
"Hola embajador Mendoza. I usted y su joven a mis aposentos sencillez acogedora."

Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Queen Joanna's bedchamber   Queen Joanna's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 1:10 pm

Inigo smiled friendly. He was glad to see the Queen in good health

Majestad, estoy feliz de verte en buen estado de salud. Yo estaba muy preocupada por ti..
Back to top Go down
Joanna of Castille
Queen of Spain
Joanna of Castille

PostSubject: Re: Queen Joanna's bedchamber   Queen Joanna's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 5:38 pm

"Me complace que muestran una gran preocupación para mí , excelencia . ¿Qué es lo que te lleva a mi prisión hoy?"

I asked, and motioned to Lady Joan to offer some wine for Ambassador Mendoza.
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Queen Joanna's bedchamber   Queen Joanna's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 11:37 pm

Inigo smiled at Lady Joan and took a cup of wine from her hands. He looked at the Queen

Majestad, he oído que su hijo le mantiene prisionero. ¿Cómo está usted? Su hermana Katherine le envía sus saludos..

He glanced at his wife, hoping not to make Joanna feel uncomfortable
Back to top Go down
Joanna of Castille
Queen of Spain
Joanna of Castille

PostSubject: Re: Queen Joanna's bedchamber   Queen Joanna's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 5:51 pm

"De hecho mi propio hijo Carlos me ha puesto aquí en mi prisión , y se ha demostrado que no es mejor que su padre o su abuelo"
I mourned. "Por favor, dame noticias de mi hermana Catalina . Ha pasado tanto tiempo desde que he visitado con ella y la extraño desesperadamente ."
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Queen Joanna's bedchamber   Queen Joanna's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Inigo smiled sadly. He paused for a moment, before replying

Su hermana Catalina es muy triste, Majestad. Su marido, el rey de Inglaterra se autoproclamó cabeza de la Iglesia. También, el quiere tomar otra esposa. Su hermana vive lejos de la corte, y ni siquiera puede ver a su hija, Princesa María..
Back to top Go down
Joanna of Castille
Queen of Spain
Joanna of Castille

PostSubject: Re: Queen Joanna's bedchamber   Queen Joanna's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:42 pm

"
He oído sólo un poco de este escándalo . Es absurdo que un rey mortal se piensa para reemplazar el propio Papa."

Not only that but it irritated me that my own beloved sister should be treated so badly and kept apart from her daughter and only child.

" Seguramente hay alguna manera mi hermana pueda reunirse con su hija ? "
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Queen Joanna's bedchamber   Queen Joanna's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 11:09 pm

Inigo took a deep breath. He could see the sorrow in the Queen's eyes

El rey prohibió la reina ver a su hija. Ni siquiera puede recibir cartas. Pero, ¿cómo está usted, Majestad?

He asked with carying voice. Two sisters who shared almost the same destiny. It was a really weird fate
Back to top Go down
Joanna of Castille
Queen of Spain
Joanna of Castille

PostSubject: Re: Queen Joanna's bedchamber   Queen Joanna's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 10:33 pm

My eyes slanted and the blood rushed up into my neck in a fit of rage. " Este hombre es un tirano , no un rey . Catalina es más real que su marido tonta será nunca ! "

After calming down, I took deep breaths and wanted to be pleasant company for the ambassador.
" Perdona mi arrebato . Estoy tan triste por la situación de mi querida hermana . En estos días que sólo tienen la comodidad de mis damas. Señora Joan es especialmente querido para mí . " I smiled.
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Queen Joanna's bedchamber   Queen Joanna's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2016 1:54 pm

Inigo nodded. It was curious that two royal sisters shared almost the same fate

Su Majestad, usted no tiene que pedir disculpas. El Rey ahora hace lo que quiere. Y el emperador no se debe tratar bien. Usted es su madre. Pero tienes todo mi apoyo..

He replied in spanish. He also noticed that Queen Joanna had more temper than her sister Katherine, who was much more humble and submissive
Back to top Go down
Joanna of Castille
Queen of Spain
Joanna of Castille

PostSubject: Re: Queen Joanna's bedchamber   Queen Joanna's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 5:14 pm

"
Su apoyo significa mucho para mí. Estoy muy agradecido. Por favor , ¿tiene alguna noticia adicional de Inglaterra?"

It seemed I was becoming more and more frazzled by events I had no control over, but I had to make a good impression on Mendoza, who would likely transport news that he had found me crazed and speaking gibberish. I practiced a serene smile and calm demeanor.
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Queen Joanna's bedchamber   Queen Joanna's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2016 10:24 pm

Inigo returned her smile and tryed to explain her what was happening in England

Majestad, el Rey quiere convertir toda la nueva religión. Inglaterra pronto será un foso de los herejes. Y, por desgracia, pronto la puta del Rey ser Reina. En lugar de su hermana..

He added a deep sigh after his sentence. He knew he was giving bad news about England and her sister Queen Katherine
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Queen Joanna's bedchamber   Queen Joanna's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Queen Joanna's bedchamber
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next