The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Letters between Charles V and Katherine of Aragon

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

Letters between Charles V and Katherine of Aragon Empty
PostSubject: Letters between Charles V and Katherine of Aragon   Letters between Charles V and Katherine of Aragon I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 3:41 pm

Dearest Aunt,

Your condition has reached me and it has been a heavy burden on my mind and I will do everything in my power to help your situation. I wish to make that tyrant King feel my wrath, but in my mind he is still your husband. Tell me, aunt, how are you despite all of this. Are you well?

Write soon,
Charles.
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Dowager Princess of Wales
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Charles V and Katherine of Aragon   Letters between Charles V and Katherine of Aragon I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 6:36 pm

My dearest Nephew,

You letter has made me very happy dearest Nephew, I am well but my heart is heavy, I have not seen or heard from my daughter The lady Mary for such a long time, I wish to hear news of how she is.

In my heart I am his true wife and he my husband in the eyes of god we are husband and wife and I am the true Queen of England.

HRH Katherine of Aragon Queen of England
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Charles V and Katherine of Aragon   Letters between Charles V and Katherine of Aragon I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 7:06 pm

Dear Katherine,

Perhaps when my work is done here, I will pay you a visit and the Lady Mary, and I will find out how she is for you. It truly angers me to know that the King is treating you, his lawful wife and Queen, like thus. I have never trusted him.

Yours,
Charles.
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Charles V and Katherine of Aragon   Letters between Charles V and Katherine of Aragon I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 7:15 pm

Dear Charles,

That would please me very much to see you and my daughter, I feel alone and I have noticed many do not visit me but I keep my self busy and of course praying to my Lord to help me.

Do you have news dear Nephew how is your family?

With love and prays
Katherine
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Charles V and Katherine of Aragon   Letters between Charles V and Katherine of Aragon I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 7:31 pm

Dear Katherine,

I will visit as soon as I can, I have to visit my mother, your sister, soon and then I will visit. All is well here, Catherine is to be married and mother is well, which is surprising to be at the least. I will send mother your love, she needs it as she had been feeling down, Catherine has been informing me; but it is nothing to worry about.

Your Nephew,
Charles.
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Charles V and Katherine of Aragon   Letters between Charles V and Katherine of Aragon I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 7:26 am

Dear nephew,

Please send my sister my love and tell her I will pray for her, and tell her to keep strong.

That is great news Catherine will be wed, who is she marrying?, please also send on my love to her, I would love to visit but these days I feel tired and can not walk so far.
Please take care dear nephew and I thank you for fighting for my cause, Have you any news on the king?

Your loving Aunt Katherine

Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Charles V and Katherine of Aragon   Letters between Charles V and Katherine of Aragon I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 9:56 am

Dear Katherine,

I have in mind to marry her to John, King of Portugal; perhaps, I am still debating about it all if im honest. I will tell her you are asking after her well being, and perhaps she will visit you with me.
Are you ill aunt? If so, I will send my own personal physician to see you are better, alas since the King would not do it.

No, I have not heard from the King; but I will see him when I visit.

Your Nephew,
Charles.
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Charles V and Katherine of Aragon   Letters between Charles V and Katherine of Aragon I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 12:34 pm

Dear nephew,

John, King of Portugal will be a good match for Catherine and he is our faith and that is important, but I am sure you know what is best for Catherine dearest nephew. I hope you can visit me but alas most people are scared to visit me as not to anger the king.

No I am fine nephew, I just grow tired and my heart is filled with sadness, but I will not give up the fight for my cause.

Your Aunt Queen Katherine

Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Charles V and Katherine of Aragon   Letters between Charles V and Katherine of Aragon I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 4:04 pm

Dear Katherine,

People should be loyal to you, and to your cause; never mind being scared of the King. Now a days people are simple minded fools, afraid of their own shadow; and they put aside their true Queen for a whore.
I am glad you are fine, you have the right to be tired.

Your nephew,
Charles.
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Charles V and Katherine of Aragon   Letters between Charles V and Katherine of Aragon I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 11:25 am

Dear Nephew,

Thank you for your kind words nephew, My ladies read me your letter most nights when I feel tired and alone.
I wish the king could see how missable he has made me, but I am afarid he will take back his love for our daughter so I do as he commands. Please keep me updated on the wedding plans and Nephew thank you!

Your aunt Queen Katherine
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Charles V and Katherine of Aragon   Letters between Charles V and Katherine of Aragon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Letters between Charles V and Katherine of Aragon
Page 1 of 1