The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Market

Go down 
+6
Thomas Boleyn
Charles Brandon
Alonso de Aragon
William Pennington
Richard Southwell
Geoffrey Lonshord
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

Market - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market   Market - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 2:28 pm

Joan nodded in acknowledgement before tapping her nose to let him know that what she had seen here today would remain a secret. "And do you charm all of the ladies." She asked him whilst turning her head slightly as to catch the reaction in his eyes. It would be wrong to judge a person on first appearance. yet Joan didn't really know what to make of him was he confident or arrogant that he would be successful in charming his way to get women to buy something.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Latimer
Soldier
Gabriel Latimer

Market - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market   Market - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 4:16 pm

"A defect of my gender, madam," he replied, laughing with a shrug, "If it offends you I beg your pardon...and that of your husband's."

He wasn't entirely assured she would not tell tales of what was on sale at the market, he assumed it in the nature of most women to gossip. Yet, so long as she did not speak too loudly of it he would be satisfied. Indeed, he did strain to hear her above the market chatter and so took a step closer to hear her clearer. Her accent, though different from his and offensively English, was gentle and deep. He glanced to the pearls before her.

"I favour the grey, the look like they come from the shadows of the sea...the others too bright, too common - though they may please a few."
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

Market - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market   Market - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2017 9:05 am

"Why do you think that I am a wedded woman." Joan took no offence at this strange mans word; although she looked directly at him trying to see if perhaps she had noticed him before. She was married in name only a time that she so wanted to erase from her memories to let that period of her life blur into the years untraceable to her mind. "I can imagine it must be a true moment of beauty when you crack open a shell or oyster only to discover the magnificent beauty of these pearls."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Latimer
Soldier
Gabriel Latimer

Market - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market   Market - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 2:11 pm

Well are you not?” Gabriel replied with a smile. Indeed, as she looked up to him he noticed the directness of her gaze and was sure she must be married - no maid would look at a man so boldly and she was too demure to be a harlot.
I’m sure it would be a sight to behold...but I prefer the chink of silver when someone buy the pearls,” he added jokingly.
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

Market - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market   Market - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 2:28 pm

"Yes; I am married; but I haven't seen or spoken to my husband in over a year wouldn't call that a marriage would you." Joan grew irritated she did not want to be defined by a man she had her own head, her own way of thinking no man husband or not would ever change that. Such a bold statement from a stranger to ask about her own private life in the middle of the street, perhaps he failed to see just how uncomfortable it made Joan feel speaking about such things. "Alas; I would love to buy things from your stall of foreign treasure; but I can't; I am a simple woman not filled with earthly riches like a spoilt princess. Maybe one day I might see you at one of the kings' palaces."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Latimer
Soldier
Gabriel Latimer

Market - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market   Market - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 9:53 pm

Gabriel looked at her more directly. Perhaps it was a sore subject for her, husbands often were for women: either the want of them or their absence...or misbehaviours. He had heard of the troubles between husbands and wives through his friends, and while he would not presume to understand he could not help but sympathise with this woman…really a girl. She seemed young, certainly younger than Gabriel, and she was not without charms. Indeed, as he looked at her he believed her to be quite beautiful.

"Whomever your husband is...perhaps he might buy you such a gift - by way of an apology when he returns to you," he offered as tenderly as his gruff voice was able, "A lucky man often takes for granted the gifts he has. I'm sure he must miss you...
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

Market - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market   Market - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 10:01 pm

Joan managed to raise a half smile standing in front of her was a man whom she did not know yet he seemed so certain that Anthony would one day return to her. "You seem so certain of yourself; sir that you leave me lost for words" And it was true Joan found herself lost in her thoughts rather than participating in conversation with this man was he like this with everyone or just her.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Latimer
Soldier
Gabriel Latimer

Market - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market   Market - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 1:54 pm

Gabriel shrugged - he didn't exactly believe he was certain of himself. Indeed, very often, he doubted himself or his capabilities. Yet, he was a soldier and a man trying to carve a place for himself in the world, beyond the gentry and nobility who seemed to have a great deal of money without much work. He did not have that luxury. To be unsure of himself would be to anticipate his own downfall.

"You do not strike me as one unsure of herself and I do believe I judge characters well," he offered slightly mischievously and then quickly added, realising he had not yet discovered her name, "I am sorry, I don't believe I asked your name?"
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

Market - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market   Market - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 6:08 pm

Joan couldn't help but to silently laugh it was a rather odd conversation they were both having she found the more strange it became the more she craved to talk with this man. She held no guilt at for enjoying his company thus far who wouldn't with that charming Gaelic tone he had. "My name is Joan and what is yours" Perhaps if she was not married; then Joan would've dallied in some sort of flirtation with this man he was definitely different from the rest of them.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Latimer
Soldier
Gabriel Latimer

Market - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market   Market - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 7:34 pm

Gabriel…Latimer,” he replied with a slight nod to his head. He didn’t think she was especially talkative although nor was she quiet. There was something in the terseness of her speech. She spoke to him as if she didn’t need to, as if she did not care about him at all and yet the fact she spoke to him in such a delicate tone of voice made her seem gentle and kind.
I am sure your husband shall miss your children also?” he asked, for some reason wanting to prolong the conversation but not quite knowing what to say.
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

Market - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market   Market - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 8:00 pm

Noticing two empty stalls placed just behind them Joan nodded to them before making her way over to one where she patted the free one for Gabriel to sit if he so wished to. "We have no children; he has a house in Cornwall I have never been back there and have no intentions to do so. As it is not mine; I have no claim to it. He is a good man I guess we just did not suit each other I'm not too sure really just why we never got along." Joan gave way to a heavy sigh it was exhausting to explain her current situation; especially to a man who led a far much more exciting life than she herself did. She felt her cheeks flush eager to learn just who the man was sitting next to her and what adventures he got up to away from here. "What about you Gabriel by the looks of your foreign trinkets you seem to have quite the adventure wherever you go is there a Mrs Latimer "
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Latimer
Soldier
Gabriel Latimer

Market - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market   Market - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 8:11 pm

Gabriel lingered and watched Joan move to the quiet behind the stalls. He glanced to the trader by his side, engaged in a conversation with a young couple - obviously with more money than sense, all too willing to be fooled out of a coin or two. Gabriel smirked quietly to himself, a crooked grin that touched his eyes and made them crease - as if he imagined something as equal in sin as in pleasure.

"Then surely," Gabriel begin, slipping his hands into his pockets, "And forgive me, please...he is a fool. And the only Mrs Latimer is my mother, no greater angel has the world seen," he said honestly, "I'm a naval soldier. I somehow made them overlook my accent and my politics to let me onto their ships. It is a good life, I am often far away for long bouts of time but I would not trade it. I have seen a thousand sunsets at sea, each different and more beautiful than the last...and of course, my profession allows me the opportunity of some quiet enterprise."
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

Market - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market   Market - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 8:21 pm

With each new information Joan learnt about this man her diminishing fire was starting to burn strong within her once again. It was no secret that she had missed her lustful thoughts to feel the lips of a man on hers again was a thing of dreams nowadays. Still; as Joan took Gabriel in her mind wondered into unadulterated territory as to what it would be like to kiss him. "You have an idyllic lifestyle some would say that you are married to the sea... but do you not miss the touch of a woman."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Latimer
Soldier
Gabriel Latimer

Market - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market   Market - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 8:27 pm

Gabriel laughed deeply, raising his eyebrows in shock, “Well, that is why they give us shore leave, Joan,” he finally replied with a grin, winking discreetly at her.
There are young lads - daft young things - who bring their girls on the ship. Some amount of bother is causes. By the second night they are either fighting or the girl has caught the eye of another or has been taken down with sickness. Both normally leave by the time we find port...it is no life for the gentle... And although we’ve starved - sometimes for weeks - and I was sick like a dog when I began - just a young lad - I'd never trade it. Still, as I say, no life for a family. I’d never wish it on any gentlewoman to be my wife, waiting for me to be home for just month and then away for half the year. Besides, if I had a woman, really had one, I wouldn’t let her out my sight. I'd be home every night to see our child on her hip and not return to find my children half grown and her half old and her looks all but gone,” he joked a little, realising how much he had spoke - how much he felt he could tell her.
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

Market - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market   Market - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 8:35 pm

"Then are you to leave for sure now is your visit to England just a fleeting one before you set off to discover new lands filled with riches. " Joan could not be so sure why she would feel sad if his visit was a fleeting moment she guessed it was because he had so much adventure seeping through his veins that Joan just wanted to reach out and have a taste of his life.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Latimer
Soldier
Gabriel Latimer

Market - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market   Market - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 8:43 pm

Gabriel shook his head, "No, no I only arrived back last night. I'll be here for a month or so - perhaps I'll visit home - but I intend to stay on soil for a while...at least until the spring. I'm getting a bit too old to be out at sea during the winter. Although because of the weather we spent our Christmas in Italy which was...an experience."

Gabriel laughed a litte at the memory. It was the one place he could keep returning to, not as much as Ireland of course, but it did have some kind of pull on him. He couldn't even say it was for a woman, although the ones he spent time with were all very beautiful. It was something in the whisper of the streets at night, as if there were a history that spoke under the shadows to the stars.
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

Market - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market   Market - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 3:51 pm

"Apart from business why come back here" Joan asked; dusting her day dress down from the dust that began to seep into it it wasn't a particularly dirty market unlike some others; but as soon as it was afternoon it would be getting dark.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Latimer
Soldier
Gabriel Latimer

Market - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market   Market - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 8:55 pm

Gabriel shrugged, "You only appreciate the sea when you have time on land. I would hate to get sick of it."

He glanced behind him and noticed quite a crowd had gathered around the stall. He looked back to Joan with a polite smile, "Well, Joan, I am glad to have met you...yet business beckons me away. Perhaps we shall meet again," he added, half hoping they would.
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

Market - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market   Market - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 11:28 pm

Joan had know found herself wondering what she would be like at sea. She had read about it in many books heard the calming waves. Yet she had never sailed or even been in a boat. To ride upon the majestic waves of the sea must be phenomenal. "Of course I did not mean to keep your time." As their conversation was coming to an end. Joan realized how much she had missed just being in the company of someone or even just talking. "I very much hope we do meet again, you're very different from any other man I had made my acquaintance with."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Latimer
Soldier
Gabriel Latimer

Market - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market   Market - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 8:11 pm

Gabriel had already shuffled closer to a couple near the complement of neatly folded laces at the edge of the stall. Taking one piece in hand, he raised it to the light and highlighted the intricacy of the work, “Kenmare lace, a very fine piece,” he said gently, talking more to the woman than the man beside her and beginning his usual speech when about to make a sale, "You won't find the like anywhere else."

Indeed, given the softness of his voice and the directness of his gaze, it might have even seemed like he was describing the woman and not the fabric. It was - of course - a pretence, he had sold enough goods to know most men’s purse strings were held by their women.

Yet Joan’s voice distracted him and he paused, holding the lace mid-air and turning to face her. For some reason, unknown even to him, he called to her, “I intend to visit the chapel at Whitehall this evening.”

It was no lie. His Catholic upbringing ensured he at least felt some guilt for profiting from stolen and black-market goods. Still, the draw of seeing Joan was greater than absolution from a priest, “Perhaps...I might see you there.”
Back to top Go down
Margaret Wyatt
Lady-in-waiting
Margaret Wyatt

Market - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market   Market - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2020 9:08 am

Margaret was walking along market searching for some good cloth for Queen Anne's tailor. She approached a market stall who was selling some silk fabrics and various ornaments. She touched them with her hands, dreaming to wear such elegant and precious clothes one day
Back to top Go down
William Parr
Marquis of Northampton
William Parr

Market - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market   Market - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2020 11:17 pm

William had just had and argument with his mother and needed somewhere to compose himself. He walked along the palace gardens but it was too quiet and dull for him so he headed to the marketplace to see what was going on there. He saw lots of vendors selling many things that didn't interest him although, as he walked he saw something that did -- rather someone that did. He first noticed her beautiful red locks that bounced in the sunlight and then as she turned around he saw a face that he would never forget.

William was a bit nervous to approach her but knew if he didn't he would be passing up an opportunity of a lifetime. "Good day my lady" he said and placed a gentle kiss on her hand.
Back to top Go down
Margaret Wyatt
Lady-in-waiting
Margaret Wyatt

Market - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market   Market - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2020 6:59 pm

Margaret was still looking at clothes when she heard a male voice at her side. She turned her eyes to meet an handsome man who took her hand. She blushed as he kissed her hand "My lord...good day.." She whispered. Looking at his clothes, he must be a nobleman "Can I help you?" She asked staring at his eyes
Back to top Go down
William Parr
Marquis of Northampton
William Parr

Market - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market   Market - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2020 8:10 pm

When she spoke her voice sounded so sweet and kind which made her become even more attractive.
He cleared his throat "You look familiar have we met before?" he spoke quickly as her question caught him off guard "I'm William Parr, Marquis of Northampton" he said wondering if they really did know each other.
Back to top Go down
Margaret Wyatt
Lady-in-waiting
Margaret Wyatt

Market - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market   Market - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2020 10:51 am

Margaret looked surprised at him. A marquis! So weird that he came personally until the market, rather than sending a servant. She shook slowly her head "It's an honour to meet you, my lord. I think we never met before..but I have heard about your family. I know...that you came from a very ancient noble family..very loyal to crown.." She smiled softly before adding "My name is Margaret Wyatt, Chief lady in waiting to Queen Anne.." She almost whispered to him
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Market - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market   Market - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Market
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next