The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Adjacent Room

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Adjacent Room Empty
PostSubject: Adjacent Room   Adjacent Room I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 11:53 pm

Adjacent Room I664971_KingsReceptionRoom
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Dowager Princess of Wales
Katherine of Aragon

Adjacent Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adjacent Room   Adjacent Room I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 5:05 pm

Walking into the adjacent room with my ladies, after that horribly ordeal, I was forced to go through. I fall back into a chair to catch my breath, thanking God for giving me such strength...

Adjacent Room I665974_Processo2
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Adjacent Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adjacent Room   Adjacent Room I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:28 pm

Henry entered in the room after audience. He saw Katherine sitting on her chair. She looked no regretful for what she did during Trial's audience. He just glanced at her and walked towards window. He kept on looking outside, almost ignoring her
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

Adjacent Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adjacent Room   Adjacent Room I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 10:25 pm

I walk into an adjacent room in Blackfriars Church after the trial. I clutch my heavy velvet skirt made of cloth of gold and pretty damask as I ,along with the other ladies, walk swiftly behind The Queen. We were near her during The Trial but unable to support her. Now that it is over we may console her and try to ease her pain. As she slumps into the chair the other ladies stand near The Queen , the conversations they have together a mere whisper-none wish to upset Her Majesty further.

I walk a little closer and bow very deeply, almost kneeling. I whisper softly as I still bow,"Your Majesty..."

I hear footsteps and glance up. I then see The King-I look down as I am shocked that he came in. I stay silent and do not dare to speak. These are dangerous times and he may know that I lied to The Cardinal Wolsey. If he does I could be sent away from court and disbanded from Her Majesties household. Not only would I not be able to assist The good and gracious Queen but I would disappoint my family. I look at the ground. The other ladies also bow.

There is a deafening silence as Their Majesties look at each other...
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

Adjacent Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adjacent Room   Adjacent Room I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 11:06 pm

Wolsey entered while wiping his forehead and put away his handkerchief. At a glance he saw the queen sitting, surrounded by her ladies-in-waiting and on the elevated portion stood the king, all alone.
As he saw lady Craven, he frowned deeply and felt anger rising. She had intentionally misled him and even worse, he knew it at the time and meant no harm in keeping her in the queen's neighborhood.
Now he had to suffer the consequences and he looked in contempt at her.

He looked at Henry again and sighed inaudible, then he turned his eyes to Katherine and approached her, bowing slightly. He was too angry to maintain his normal politeness.
'Your majesty, may I point out that you offended the court and have achieved nothing! Tomorrow we continue and both cardinal Campeggio and me expect your appearance again, this time with more respect!'

He did not wait for her answer but turned around and approached the king, bowing deeply.
'Your majesty, nothing is decided yet... tomorrow we will interrogate the witnesses.' he whispered.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

Adjacent Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adjacent Room   Adjacent Room I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 6:23 pm

As The Cardinal Wolsey enters I look down and without realising I back away from him. I feel nervous and vulnerable...
Back to top Go down
Cardinal John Fisher
Bishop of Winchester
Cardinal John Fisher

Adjacent Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adjacent Room   Adjacent Room I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 7:10 pm

Fisher arrived just in time to hear the words Wolsey spoke to queen Katherine, but before he could approach him, Wolsey turned away and walked up to king Henry, whispering at him.

Fisher looked after him for a moment and then turned his eyes to the queen. He bowed deeply and smiled reassuringly at her.

I heard what he said, but don't worry, they can not force you to appear again. You have done well, your majesty!
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Adjacent Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adjacent Room   Adjacent Room I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 9:38 pm

Henry nodded silently, once Wolsey whispered into his ear. He turned his head and noticed that lady Craven and Fisher were still there. He rolled his eyes after sighing

I think this room is too crowded. I wish to remain alone with the Queen...

He said firmly. Then turned to Wolsey

I'm sure that tomorrow things will get better. Cardinal Wolsey...

Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

Adjacent Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adjacent Room   Adjacent Room I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 9:45 pm

As The King speaks I still bow, I feel my knee touch the cold wooden floor a little. He then says he wishes to be alone with The Queen-I hide my worry for leaving The Queen alone. The other ladies bow deeply and hurriedly leave. I nod and glance at The Queen-I give her an apologetic look. My eyes convey how I feel and I know she will understand I must leave. I have no other choice-I will see her though in her chambers once she arrives back at the palace.

I walk a little forward and bow deeply to The King,"Your Majesty..."

I then leave, as I do I look once more at The Queen-glad The Cardinal Fisher is there to support her...
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

Adjacent Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adjacent Room   Adjacent Room I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:03 pm

Wolsey nodded understandingly and turned half around to see if everyone was leaving as the king wished.
He smiled weakly at Henry's words.
'I assure you things get better tomorrow. Your Majesty...' he bowed deeply and stepped backwards. While he passed the queen he bowed to her as well and spoke softly at Fisher.

'Come on, bishop Fisher, we will leave them alone.' He waited for him while he made an inviting gesture to walk with him. Fisher looked reassuringly at queen Katherine for a moment, bowed to her and to king Henry too and both men left the room together.
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

Adjacent Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adjacent Room   Adjacent Room I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 5:48 pm

"You can not dismiss my ladies... the Cardinal and Wolsey can stay, for I have nothing to hide or deny...Lady Elizabeth, please wait outside for me. I will be with you in a moment.."

Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Adjacent Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adjacent Room   Adjacent Room I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 10:12 pm

After everyone left, Henry reached the table and leaned his hands on it, looking thoughtfully around. Almost ignoring Katherine's presence...

Adjacent Room I689318_WKing
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

Adjacent Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adjacent Room   Adjacent Room I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 7:21 pm

"Henry..?" I see he wants to say something, but doesn't want to even look at me, what has he done!

Adjacent Room I698674_LiteQ
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Adjacent Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adjacent Room   Adjacent Room I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:23 pm

After hearing her voice, Henry turned to her, holding a goblet in his hand

Yes...Katherine?

Adjacent Room I698782_LiteQ
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

Adjacent Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adjacent Room   Adjacent Room I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 1:44 pm

"Henry, please... do you have nothing kind to say to me? Your wife?"

Adjacent Room I719084_Trial
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Adjacent Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adjacent Room   Adjacent Room I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 10:06 pm

Henry leaned his hands on the table and looked at Katherine

Something...kind? Katherine, I remind you the my future is now in Pope's hands! And if he will not decide in my favour, I will break with Rome and I'll marry whoever I want!

He almost shouted, staring at her

Adjacent Room I719412_Trial
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

Adjacent Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adjacent Room   Adjacent Room I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 2:24 pm

Looking back at him, I see all of his hate and anger
"Why? What have I done to deserve this? Your accusations against me are false. Don't you know I was untouched? I had never been touched by a man before you. We have had so many children together, though it has pleased God to take them away from us. But we have Mary. Don't you see this is tearing her apart? We are her parents. What is to become of her if you got through with this? And as for the idea of breaking from Rome... it is ridiculous! You are a catholic. He is God's representative, and there is no way he shall decide in your will. For I am your true and loyal, obedient wife. And I have a clear conscience... and God, as my judge, knows that..."

Adjacent Room I726019_Trial
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Adjacent Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adjacent Room   Adjacent Room I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 8:47 pm

Henry closed his eyes for a while while he was listening her. She was even more stubborn that he thought. He looked at Katherine with an angry glance into his eyes

Adjacent Room I726124_Trial

But after she finished her sentence, he rolled his eyes and looked directly at her face

Alright! You were a damned virgin! This is not the point!

He shouted against her. Then he left the room with quick, angry steps, closing noisily the door behind him

Adjacent Room I726125_Trial2
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

Adjacent Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adjacent Room   Adjacent Room I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 12:34 pm

"Henry please talk to me! You must understand... I am your true wife!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Adjacent Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adjacent Room   Adjacent Room I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adjacent Room
Page 1 of 1