The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

King's Reception Room

Go down 
+35
Isabella Vasa
Daenerys Targaryen
George Hastings
Grace de Velville
Alexandrina Duarte
Henry VIII of England
Thomas More
Will Somers
William Davenport
Katherine Elizabeth Tudor
Francis of Navarre
Katherine Tudor
Margaret Vasa
Gustav Vasa
Thomas Cromwell
Viola Lancaster
Mionetta Rizzo
Francesca Benedetti
Quiteria de Navarra
Ursula Misseldon
Alfonsina Garcia
William Stuart
Diane de Poitiers
Margaret Douglas
Henry Norris
Lorenzo Campeggio
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Geoffrey Lonshord
Thomas Howard
Thomas Boleyn
Charles Brandon
Anne Boleyn
James Stuart of Scotland
Madeline De Fontanay
Mary Tudor
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

King's Reception Room - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 11:30 pm

Henry nodded

Oh yes! Your father..I'm worried about him too, dear niece. I could send him my physician. He is very good..and I'm sure he'll made him feel better..

He suggested
Back to top Go down
Grace de Velville
Baroness of Beaumaris
Grace de Velville

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 6:04 pm

"No physician can help him dear uncle."She said looking down.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 11:42 pm

Henry frowned and sighed at the same time

Is he so sick? I think it would worth to try, at least. My physician is very good. And if he needs a surgery, he can do that..

He said hoping to comfort her
Back to top Go down
Anne Boleyn
Queen of England
Anne Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 9:57 pm

Anne's one of ladies-in-waiting knocked at door and she entered

"Your Majesty.. I'm sorry to bother you but I have a note for you from Marquis Anne Boleyn.."
Back to top Go down
Grace de Velville
Baroness of Beaumaris
Grace de Velville

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 10:36 pm

"You seem busy uncle I will just go back to Beaumaris to my father." She said softly.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 11:43 pm

Henry looked at the lady and gestured her to come closer. He took the note and read it. Anne was waiting for him in her chambers. He smiled and looked at Grace

Oh..you may stay at court, if you wish. Unless you think that your father needs you. But for now..I have to leave you, dear niece. Lady Anne Boleyn wishes to see me..

He gave back the note at the lady and nodded
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 10:52 pm

I stood waiting with bated breath. It had been some time since I had stood in the presence of my brother and while for him much had changed, for me little had advanced in my life. Flattening the front of my dress, I run my hands along the smooth, soft fabric. I caress the cloth of silver in a vain attempt to soothe me. My nerves always bubbler to the surface when I met Henry before other courtiers: in private, I was calm and happy but something about the public spectacle made me anxious... I stand with my lady as we wait together, the others of my household remained in my chambers to care for my daughter. I had dismissed my Navaresse ladies as I was no longer the Dowager Queen... No longer a widow to be swathed in black. With the passing of time, I had been expected to return to my former title: my title of birth. Elizabeth would still be a princess of Navarre but I was no longer considered a queen in any regard. Only a couple of my ladies from Navarre stayed to serve my daughter and I, while the others hurried home as quickly as possible. As the steward announced me, I released a sigh. I had no need to be nervous; I was delighted to see my beloved elder brother but still I was. Muffled by the wooden doors, I could faintly hear the announcer speak. "Her Majest... Her Highness, The Princess Katherine begs an audience Majesty." Releasing another sigh, I waited to be admitted: desperately trying to be dignified as a princess should.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2015 11:27 pm

Henry was sitting on his throne. As the servant announced his sister Katherine, he nodded immediately. He was so anxious to see her again

Let her come in..
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2015 11:35 pm

As the doors are opened to admit me, I move into the audience chamber with my signature grace. I approached my brother and the throne, a smile upon my face that beamed with joy. It couldn't be hidden: my happiness to see my beloved Henry. Sweeping into a curtsy, I rise but lose my footing and for a second feel myself stumble. "Well done Katie... Dignified." I whisper softly to myself: hoping that it would be the only mishap of my audience. "Welcome home, your Majesty" I smile.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 11:20 pm

Henry smiled as he saw Katherine entering. He nodded as she finished her sentence

Katherine..dear sister! I missed you very much. I'm happy to see you at court again. Tell me..how are you? And how is my lovely niece?

He said while smiling warmly
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 11:25 pm

Smiling, I release a sigh of happiness. It filled my heart with joy to see my brother again after so long. "Lizzie is well, growing everyday Henry... I wish I could freeze time and keep her this way a little longer" I laugh, thinking of my beautiful daughter back in my chambers. She was a light and joy in everything. "And I am well as always. But how are you Henry? I hope that all went well in France."
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 11:43 pm

Henry smiled and nodded

Everything went well, indeed. What a pity you were not there. But I'm glad to see you again, sister. I missed you. I'm planning to marry Lady Anne very soon. And I would like having you at my side in such important day..

He said with a proud tone in his voice
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 10:58 pm

"I am sorry Henry, I would have loved to have been there but Lizzie had a fever... I was worried." Smiling warmly, it would been my great joy to be back in my childhood home: France. Despite being raised away from my family, I always found being in France like returning home from a journey. Warm and inviting. "And I would be honoured to be at the wedding." Tilting my head slightly, I gaze at my brother affectionately. "It makes me happy to see you so happy Henry."
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 4:18 pm

Henry smiled

I know, sister..I know. And very soon, we'll think about your future also, Katherine. I think it's time for you to marry again. Your Elizabeth is growing..

He said, not wanting that his niece had a single mother
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 5:50 pm

Nodding, I looked at my brother, unsurprised by his decision. I was young, fertile and as one of England's two unmarried Princesses, I was expected to remarry. I had been a widow for a long while and I had my daughter to think of. "Did your Majesty have any one in mind yet?"
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 11:40 pm

Henry sighed deeply

Not yet, sister. But I already received some offer..around from Europe. Italy, Spain, France, Bavaria..in each country there is a Prince, a Duke..or even a King, ready to make you his wife. Your portrait has been sent to them. And everybody admires your beauty, Katherine. It will be an hard choice..

He added with a teasing smile
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 8:06 pm

"You are spoilt for choice then Henry." I smile, knowing that as I was Henry's to give as he pleased, and the match would be advantageous to England. "And I will happily meet any and all suitors you choose."
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 11:33 pm

Henry smiled weakly and took a breath

As I just told you, I received many proposals about you, Katherine. But...one of them caught my attention. The King of Netherlands is young, handsome..and looking for a suitable wife. He needs heirs for his throne. Also..he wishes to make an alliance between England and Netherlands..

He explained, waiting for her reaction
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 8:09 pm

I smiled, faintly and quickly. It was my brother's decision in the end whom I married but I was always grateful that he would tell me of the suitors I had attracted. "You wish to see me as a queen again Henry?" I ask, slowly making my way across the chamber towards one of the free seats that occupied it. "I will recieve his Majesty if you wish me too... though, on another note, may I discuss another matter with you brother? A matter that concerns my daughter." I ask quietly, casting my eyes around at the courtiers that shared the space with my brother and I. The matter of my disasterous visit to Scotland was something I did not wish it to spread through the court; to save myself and my young daughter the embarrassment.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 11:19 pm

Henry noticed the anxiety in her voice and nodded. He ordered the servants to leave them alone. He wanted Katherine was free talking openly to him. He looked at her

Of course. You may talk to me about everything, dear sister. We're alone, now. So tell me..What is worrying you?

He asked, keeping his eyes on her
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2016 8:21 am

I ask the servant to announce my arrival and to tell the king I must see him immediately.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2016 11:33 pm

Henry saw the servant entering. He rolled his eyes because he was having a private conversation with his sister. He took a tired breath

Norfolk? Let him come him..
Back to top Go down
Juana of Aragon
Queen of Naples and Jerusalem
Juana of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 8:52 pm

Juana the Princess of Naples and Taranto was in need of much assistance from that of the King of England, she was scared and nervous but tried her best not to make it known or as visible on her face but was unsure how well she may be able to maintain such a appearance. Entering the room announced the princess stood there, she was now no friend of the empire as the man she once loved was no longer her own, it was a marriage not to be and she looked at the King although she had no children of her own or the touch of man, she was indeed a maiden, a true virgin but her heart ached inside. She had been forced to seek counsil from the King for she was to be seeking a alliance within his lands and needed permission to do so, Catholic were not always on steady ground with his majesty and hoped more then anything their relationship with their friendship still stands. Upon entering she curtsies low to his majesty the King "your majesty, I come seeking a request of you" she spoke waiting for him to speak as to what she needed, she was so nervous but knew what she must do, she handed him a parchment contained of a scroll of all details, placing it upon his table. "His majesty the King of Naples has asked of me a marriage to one of your subjects, the alliance with the empire has been broken and I never truly married to his grace, and remain a maid." She confessed "I am to seek a alliance within Cornwall, in Tintagel to the Prince of those lands, Arthur Pendragon" she confessed the details which were upon the scroll written so neatly and carefully "and with this alliance we offer our support to your majesty" she spoke to him "would your majesty accept, my marriage to the Pendragon Prince in Tintagel" she spoke knowing the prince lived in Camelot which was vast and Juana knee the Prince supported the king as well.

Last edited by Juana of Aragon on Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2016 10:06 pm

Henry looked at the Princess and at the parchment on his desk. He rubbed softly his chin and then nodded

Uhm..please, have a sit, my Lady. So..you're offering me an alliance through the marriage with..the Prince of Camelot. Am I right?

He said while reading the paper in front of him
Back to top Go down
Juana of Aragon
Queen of Naples and Jerusalem
Juana of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2016 10:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The princess stood before the king with her lady in waiting beside her which she dismissed so she may have a moment alone with the King to discuss the matters at hand and she took a seat "yes your majesty, you are much correct" she spoke "and although I am a cousin to your first bride, I do much need a husband and my grandfather has his ambitions set on the territories of the Pendragon for a union between myself and such a marriage" she spoke "although I am much nervous, what if he chooses not to love me" she asked worriedly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King's Reception Room   King's Reception Room - Page 17 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

King's Reception Room
Page 17 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next