The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Princess Margaret's Funeral

Go down 
+19
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Margaret Wyatt
Thomas More
Royce Westmoreland
Jane Parker
Madeline De Fontanay
Thomas Howard
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Alice More
Catherine Parr
Emilie De Fontanay
Mary Rose Tudor
Edward Craven
Alfonsina Garcia
Katerina Anechka
Nan Saville
Geoffrey Lonshord
Anthony Knivert
Charles Brandon
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jane Parker
Lady-in-waiting
Jane Parker

Princess Margaret's Funeral - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Princess Margaret's Funeral   Princess Margaret's Funeral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 7:13 pm

I had known the Princess since my arrival here at court when I was fifteen. Although I never had the honor of speaking with her.

I walked into the chapel, made the sign of the cross as I sat in a pew in the back. I saw the duke of Suffolk, and wanted to give my condolences although I felt it necessary to do it after the services.
Back to top Go down
Alfonsina Garcia

Alfonsina Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Princess Margaret's Funeral   Princess Margaret's Funeral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 8:10 pm

Edward Craven wrote:
"Are you alright?"Edward whispered to Alfonsina as he noticed she looked a little pale. He took her hand in his as means of comforting her.

She smiled weakly but she didn't feel well actually. She had a bother and she didn't know what it was and why. But she didn't tell anything to Edward. She took his hand and felt his hand's warmth.

"I am allright , love don't worry."
Back to top Go down
http://thetudorsworld.yetkin-forum.com
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

PostSubject: Re: Princess Margaret's Funeral   Princess Margaret's Funeral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 10:15 pm

Royce entered slowly in the Chapel. He crossed and looked at Princess's coffin. He thought immediately at Mary's pain and looked for her among crowd. Once he found her, he reached her quickly and touched softly her arm

Be strong, Mary. She knew you loved her deeply. I'm here with you...

He whispered into her ear. Suddenly he noticed that Katerina was there too. He didn't know that she came. Surprised, he bowed with his head and smiled at her
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Princess Margaret's Funeral   Princess Margaret's Funeral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 10:29 pm

Thomas walked into Chapel after his wife did. He crossed deeply and prayed for Margaret's soul. Then he put himself next to royal coffin and looked at Charles. He looked destroyed. Thomas felt sorrow for him and nodded with his head meaning Condolences. He couldn't avoid greeting lady Saville, who was standing next to him
Back to top Go down
Margaret Wyatt
Lady-in-waiting
Margaret Wyatt

PostSubject: Re: Princess Margaret's Funeral   Princess Margaret's Funeral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 10:44 pm

Margaret came into Chapel wearing her mourning dress. She looked around and noticed royal family's member around coffin. She crossed and took her place next to Alfonsina and lord Craven

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Princess Margaret's Funeral   Princess Margaret's Funeral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 10:56 pm

Inigo walked inside chapel and crossed in front of the altar. He was there as Emperor's representation. Wanting to show his Lord's support to King Henry and his aunt Katherine, he walked until the coffin and sat next to Princess Mary, who was still crying
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

PostSubject: Re: Princess Margaret's Funeral   Princess Margaret's Funeral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 11:08 pm

Edward nodded and squeezed her hand gently. He glanced around the chapel and noticed some people weeping-he sighed heavily and rubbed his forehead. It was a painful and tangible reminder of last Christmas when his father died. His chest felt heavy and his eyes stung. He took a deep breath and bowed his head.

Out of the corner of his eye he saw Margaret Wyatt ,Alfonsina's lady in waiting, approach and sit next to them. He bowed his head respectfully to her,"Lady Wyatt,"he whispered.

And then looked up at the alter. He tried not to think of his father and instead thought of Thomas his son. Realising Margaret was here he whispered very quickly but very quietly,"Who has Thomas?"
Back to top Go down
Mary Rose Tudor
Princess of England
Mary Rose Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Princess Margaret's Funeral   Princess Margaret's Funeral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 2:47 am

Royce Westmoreland wrote:
Royce entered slowly in the Chapel. He crossed and looked at Princess's coffin. He thought immediately at Mary's pain and looked for her among crowd. Once he found her, he reached her quickly and touched softly her arm

Be strong, Mary. She knew you loved her deeply. I'm here with you...

He whispered into her ear. Suddenly he noticed that Katerina was there too. He didn't know that she came. Surprised, he bowed with his head and smiled at her

I felt a sharp pain on my chest as I looked at my sister coffin.The memories of her began lingering in my mind as the tears started to falling down my face again.Then I felt Royce hand on my arm as he whispered to me words of comfort.I could not speak so I just nodded to him gratefully.I noticed that someone sat next to me .I forced my eyes to look at person next to me and saw Ambassador Mendoza.I nodded to him and looked back at my sister coffin.

Last edited by Mary Rose Tudor on Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Murphy

Gabriel Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Princess Margaret's Funeral   Princess Margaret's Funeral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 4:07 am

Katerina Anechka wrote:
Katerina heard as everyone else in court that Princess Margaret has died.She one of her dark dress. It was a dark purple one. Simple one. Unfortunalety she didnt have black one. As she came there she saw few people. She sat by herself and even began to pray for Princess' soul.
Arthur never met or knew the princess. But, he had to pay his respects. He was just that type of person. Death was something personal to him; he had witnessed it alot. Arthur turned his head, and saw a firy haired woman. Hmm, there seemed to be something about her....he just could not put his finger on. Though, he just shrugged and looked on.
Back to top Go down
Alfonsina Garcia

Alfonsina Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Princess Margaret's Funeral   Princess Margaret's Funeral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 9:36 am

Edward Craven wrote:
Edward nodded and squeezed her hand gently. He glanced around the chapel and noticed some people weeping-he sighed heavily and rubbed his forehead. It was a painful and tangible reminder of last Christmas when his father died. His chest felt heavy and his eyes stung. He took a deep breath and bowed his head.

Out of the corner of his eye he saw Margaret Wyatt ,Alfonsina's lady in waiting, approach and sit next to them. He bowed his head respectfully to her,"Lady Wyatt,"he whispered.

And then looked up at the alter. He tried not to think of his father and instead thought of Thomas his son. Realising Margaret was here he whispered very quickly but very quietly,"Who has Thomas?"

She noticed that Margaret was here. She smiled to her weakly. Then she heard Edward's voice. She turned to him and again smiled weakly. She spoke with whispering.

"Elizabeth.."
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

PostSubject: Re: Princess Margaret's Funeral   Princess Margaret's Funeral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 10:00 am

Edward nodded and looked back to Alfonsina who still looked pale. He frowned and sighed deeply...
Back to top Go down
Alfonsina Garcia

Alfonsina Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Princess Margaret's Funeral   Princess Margaret's Funeral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 10:19 am

She was looking at Charles. He was pale. She could understand him very well. Then she squeezed her husband's hand again. She loved him very much. Then she thought.. She thought that if someday she went away this world what would Edward do? Would he marry after her? Of course Alfonsina would allow this. Then she felt a pain in her head and stomach. She didn't do anything. She just leaned towards Margaret and whispered to her ear with a very weak voice so noone could hear.

"Come to my room after the funeral , right? I don't feel very well."
Back to top Go down
Katerina Anechka
Nurse
Katerina Anechka

PostSubject: Re: Princess Margaret's Funeral   Princess Margaret's Funeral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 3:30 pm

Arthur Ashdown wrote:
Katerina Anechka wrote:
Katerina heard as everyone else in court that Princess Margaret has died.She one of her dark dress. It was a dark purple one. Simple one. Unfortunalety she didnt have black one. As she came there she saw few people. She sat by herself and even began to pray for Princess' soul.
Arthur never met or knew the princess. But, he had to pay his respects. He was just that type of person. Death was something personal to him; he had witnessed it alot. Arthur turned his head, and saw a firy haired woman. Hmm, there seemed to be something about her....he just could not put his finger on. Though, he just shrugged and looked on.

Katherine wasnt sitting next to anyone or talking to anyone. She sighed deeply and wished she could be there for Margaret when she was away. Maybe her illness was deathly but at least she could try to takae her pain away. Suddenly she noticed a blonde man coming into chapel and looking directly at her. She wondered there was something with her. Why he was looking at Katerina. She tried to smile a little bit confused. Then she heard Royce's voice from somewhere. She saw him with Mary Rose. She sighed and looked down silently.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Wyatt
Poet
Thomas Wyatt

PostSubject: Re: Princess Margaret's Funeral   Princess Margaret's Funeral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 6:39 pm

Thomas enter the chapel for attend the funerals of the princess, he take off his hat respectuously and look at the coffin, his face take a saddened air, he wasn't close to her, but knowed her since a long time as well as all the king's family and he, can't prevent but feel sorry for her who is death so early, after such an unhappy marriage.
But above all very compassionate for his friend, the king, who must be so unhappy at the moment, especially since he can't attend the ceremony and pay a last homage to his own sister.
He sigh and look around, seeing familiar faces, notice his sister's presence and he is about to come closer to her, but immediatly, recalling of their last conversation, her indecent behaviour with men since her arrival at court and the decision that he had to take, he fastly look away.
He think that anyway it isn't the moment nor the place for join some friend and chatting, by respect for the departed princess, so he look for a free place on a bench and once having see that, he join it discreelty and sat on it, look at the altar and wait for ceremony begining.
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey Lonshord
Servant
Geoffrey Lonshord

PostSubject: Re: Princess Margaret's Funeral   Princess Margaret's Funeral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 9:49 pm

Geoffrey looked at the altar and noticed that priest was starting the ceremony. He crossed

"In nomine Patris, et Fili, et Spiritu Sancti, Amen. We're here to say goodbye to our sister Margaret, who God wanted with him so early. She was an exemple of kindness and virtue of all of us. Devote sister, loyal wife, and beloved Princess of England. May God and his Angels show you Heaven's doors. In name of our Saviour Jesus Christ..."

He continued his speech with blessing at Princess's coffin. Everyone around had eyes full of tears
Back to top Go down
Margaret Wyatt
Lady-in-waiting
Margaret Wyatt

PostSubject: Re: Princess Margaret's Funeral   Princess Margaret's Funeral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 10:03 pm

Margaret crossed as the priest began to talk. Suddenly she noticed that her brother Thomas was there too. She thought to reach him, but he was praying deeply looking at the big cross. After their fight, she decided to not to disturb him, for now. But she'd like talking with him after the Funeral. She lowered her eyes and focused on priest's words
Back to top Go down
Nan Saville
Duchess of Naverre
Nan Saville

PostSubject: Re: Princess Margaret's Funeral   Princess Margaret's Funeral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 10:13 pm

Nan turned her nervous eyes to coffin and began to pray with everyone else. She closed her eyes for a moment but she was still holding Charles' arm. He was still shaking. She caressed his arm softly and waited this funeral to end. She was not feeling good. But she had to hold on for Charles.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Princess Margaret's Funeral   Princess Margaret's Funeral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 10:39 pm

"After the priest began to talk, Charles had to make an effort on himself to refrain his tears. He turned his eyes towards Nan and noticed that she was pale. Maybe she was feeling the tension of everyone looking at them"

Are you alright, dear?

"He whispered, holding her hand in his"
Back to top Go down
Eleanor Brandon
Lady-in-waiting
Eleanor Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Princess Margaret's Funeral   Princess Margaret's Funeral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 6:15 pm

I rushed to the chapel knowing I was already late for the funeral. After being away for so long Whitehall some how turned around on me and I got lost.

Finally, after some direction, I found the chapel. I could hear mourners inside. I took a deep breath and stepped lightly into the back hoping I wasn't being noticed.

I spotted my brother sitting along side a woman I had not met before. Although she was probably one of his many admirers.

Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Princess Margaret's Funeral   Princess Margaret's Funeral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 6:46 pm

"Charles was still looking at Nan when he noticed a young lady entering the chapel. He couldn't believe at his own eyes. It was his sister Eleanor"

Nora!

"He exclaimed, surprised. Then smiled and tried to catch her eyes"
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey Lonshord
Servant
Geoffrey Lonshord

PostSubject: Re: Princess Margaret's Funeral   Princess Margaret's Funeral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 8:33 pm

Geoffrey helped some other servant to put flowers next to Princess's coffin. The priest continued his speech, giving his final blessing

Let's pray for our sister Margaret's soul. May God have mercy of her sins and forgive her deeply. Rest in peace, Margaret. In nomine Patris, et Fili et Spiritus Sancti. Amen..

Everyone repeated Amen. After this words, the priest declared ended the cerimony. Some chantors began to sing, while Geoffrey took the coffin on his shoulder with other servants, ready to bring it until the Tomb
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

PostSubject: Re: Princess Margaret's Funeral   Princess Margaret's Funeral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 9:12 pm

Edward carefully crossed himself as the service ended. He heard some of the congregation scuttle away at the back of the chapel. Edward saw the servants take the coffin away and he looked down out of respect...

He then glanced to Alfonsina and smiled a little.
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Princess Margaret's Funeral   Princess Margaret's Funeral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 9:38 pm

Her view blurred by the tears that flow along her face irresistibly, Emilie see the men who take away the coffin, a lump in her troat, feeling heartache, she realize that now, even Margaret's coffin and body that did still remain as traces of her wonderful existance, of this wonderful person that she was, will be buried and disappear for ever.
She feel that her presence here isn't useful anymore and once the coffin have leave the chapel, she release softly Wolsey's hand, whisper him.

See you later, Thomas.

She put a daughterly kiss on his cheek and get up, then walk along the corridor between the rank of benchs, she recognize many familiar faces in the crowd but without really seeing them, taken in the immense sadness that she feel from her best friend's lost.
As she advance closer to the entrance, she see her friend Mary on a bench, Margaret's sister, in her face and eyes full of tears like hers and of sadness, she read the same pain and sadness than hers, she know that they was the two closer people to Margaret, the two who loved her the most, with her brother the king, she join on her bench her fastly, hug her tightly and whisper softly, her voice shaking slighty.

Mary ... my dear.
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

PostSubject: Re: Princess Margaret's Funeral   Princess Margaret's Funeral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 10:07 pm

Edward took Alfonsina's hand and stood-bowing at the altar respectfully. He glanced to the statue of Our Lady and smiled weakly-he missed his mother greatly right now...perhaps he would write to her soon.

He kissed Alfonsina gently and discreetly on the cheek as everyone started to leave,"Do you want to stay and talk to Charles or leave?"
Back to top Go down
Eleanor Brandon
Lady-in-waiting
Eleanor Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Princess Margaret's Funeral   Princess Margaret's Funeral - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 12:30 am

Charles Brandon wrote:
"Charles was still looking at Nan when he noticed a young lady entering the chapel. He couldn't believe at his own eyes. It was his sister Eleanor"

Nora!

"He exclaimed, surprised. Then smiled and tried to catch her eyes"

My brother noticed me, I was glad my presence brought at least a small smile to his face.
I waited for the priest to finish. I then made my way towards Charles and Nan. I wrapped my arms around my brother and kissed his cheek, "I'm so sorry Margaret was such a wonderful person." Tears began to flow down my face as it hit me that I would never see my sister again.
I took my kerchief and wiped my tears and looked towards Nan and curtsied. "Your grace"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Princess Margaret's Funeral   Princess Margaret's Funeral - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Princess Margaret's Funeral
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Tudors World :: OUT OF ROLEPLAY :: Dusty Shelves-
Jump to: