The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Living room

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

Living room - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living room   Living room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 12:02 am

He nodded and smiled faintly as his friend mentioned Anne Boleyn to be the mountain he could not climb.
'Anne, yes .... who came quietly into his life and settled while I was in France, searching for Francis' support on the divorce matter and meanwhile seeking a bride for him. I offended her just before I left, I had no idea...' he shrugged and looked at Cromwell.
'I underestimated his liaisons, my friend, please, never make the same mistake.'

He raised an eyebrow as Cromwell spoke out his own fear about Wolsey's enemies becoming his, too.
'Ahh, the nobility... I offended them mostly by my humble background and so will you, my friend! Just beware, cope with them and never forget your position depends fully on the king.'

A knock on the door caught their attention and he smiled widely as he recognized Geoffrey.
'Master Geoffrey, what a nice surprise to see you here! You travelled so far, let me offer you a drink and George will prepare dinner for you.' he said warmly but then Geoffrey showed him a little box and opened it. A tear ran down his cheek as he recognized the face of his beloved master and also realized the importance of this wonderful special gift. He held it in his trembling hands and kept staring at it, repeating the same words several times.
'He still loves me.... he forgives me.... look Thomas, he sent me his portrait, he still loves me.... he forgives me!'
Back to top Go down
Thomas Cromwell
Earl of Essex
Thomas Cromwell

PostSubject: Re: Living room   Living room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 5:41 am

The Boleyns knew the right time to strike.. right when you could know nothing about it and could do nothing about it. I have to admit it was clever on their part. But they strike me as the type who will get too comfortable and make mistakes in the future.. this is only my guess though.

He was taking in Wolsey's words when the servant Geoffrey came in and presented the gift. Cromwell refrained from looking until Wolsey showed him the miniature portrait of the king. Hope lit up the cardinal's face and sent relief through Cromwell himself. This is indeed a good sign! he said smiling widely. The portrait was masterfully done and set in very fine gold. There had to be good news along the way...
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey Lonshord
Servant
Geoffrey Lonshord

PostSubject: Re: Living room   Living room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 10:16 pm

Geoffrey smiled and bowed again

Thank you, Your Eminence. I'm sorry if I interrupted your conversation...

He said humbly, looking at Cromwell
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Living room   Living room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 10:43 am

'Ahh, yes, they will make their mistakes, Henry is a clever man, even more clever as his father, but how long will it take before he realizes they are only fortune seekers and no rulers of a country? And what harm can they cause in the meantime? You are right to seek their friendship so you will know their plans, but always follow your own way and focuss only on the king...just beware one thing. Be very, very careful what you put into his head because you will never, ever get it out! '

He was distracted by the gift and kept staring at the little portrait, stroking it gently with his thumbs, but when Geoffrey spoke again he put it carefully on the table and stood up, approaching him and he went on his knees before him as if he was before the king himself, reaching for his hands.

'Master Geoffrey, I thank you most hearty for you arrival and for the gift you brought me. Please, tell him how grateful I am and tell him I will always be his most humble and affectionate servant.'
He stood up and frowned deeply, he had nothing to give back in return, he rubbed his hands and felt the rings, so he took one of them and offered it to him.
'Give him this ring, Master Geoffrey. He knows it, he gave it to me after our mission at the Field of the Cloth of Gold, the meeting of neverending peace and friendship...'

He took off a golden chain with a little piece of wood of the holy Cross and handed it to Geoffrey.
I want you to have this, Master Geoffrey. Please, wear it and think about me and recommend me to the king.' he begged him in a strangled voice.
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey Lonshord
Servant
Geoffrey Lonshord

PostSubject: Re: Living room   Living room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 10:29 pm

Geoffrey took the ring and the wood of Holy Cross from his hands hesitantly. He smiled and bowed gratefully

Your Eminence...I'll bring this ring to His Majesty personally. And...thank you for your precious gift. I'll bring it always with me...

He kissed the piece of wood. Then he leaned and kissed gratefully his hand

God bless you, Your Eminence...
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Living room   Living room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 10:28 pm

Wolsey was lying on a couch, not feeling well, the pains in his stomach were worse than ever. Joan wiped his forehead as he sweated incessantly, his eyes were closed but the moment George opened the door and announced the Duke of Windsor he sat upright and tried to stand up.

'Lord Craven! Please, enter, I can't tell you how happy I am to see you. ' He felt dizzy and sat down again, smiling faintly.
'Excuse me, My Lord, I have been better and I will soon be better, too. Sit down, my friend and tell me what you would like to drink. Something warm since it is very cold outside?'
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

PostSubject: Re: Living room   Living room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 11:03 pm

Edward frowned as he entered and examined the bare walls-how he had once examined the intricate tapestries on his walls with such admiration. He felt overdressed even though he was in his simple riding outfit-the finery he was accustomed to felt insensitive and out of place here.

He noticed Thomas' faithful mistress Joan as he entered the living room and gave her a warm smile-she too showed courage for enduring these difficult times with The Cardinal. Edward then grinned at The Cardinal like a son and gave him a reverent bow-that worthy of a king,"Your Eminence,"he whispered.

"Oh yes-perhaps some warmed ale,"he said to a servant as he sat down,"I am sorry for this unplanned visit-I should have told you in advance however I was retuning to court and thought you'd appreciate a visit from a loyal friend."
Back to top Go down
Joan Larke
Governess
Joan Larke

PostSubject: Re: Living room   Living room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 12:37 am

*She is truly worried for her beloved Thomas' health, he doesn't want her to worry much and says he will be fine but he knows he needs more atention and so does she. She wipes the sweatness on his forehead and a young man enters. He stands up quickly an she holds tightely his hand, then he sits down and she rubs his shoulders as she nods to the visitor*

I will bring you a glass of ale *she says to Lord Craven and softly rubs Thomas' back* would you like something my love? *she asks him before disappearing through the kitchen's door*
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

PostSubject: Re: Living room   Living room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 7:06 pm

Edward grinned warmly at Joan as she brought back some ale,"My thanks, Mistress Joan."

"So tell me,"Edward said and sipped on the delicious ale,"How have you been?"
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Living room   Living room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 2:39 pm

'No drink for me my love, or perhaps some juice. Just come back, soon, please.' His eyes followed Joan leaving the room, he hated the fact she had to do so much, besides George there were only a few servants left and he needed her close to him in his weak state.

He smiled at Edward, shaking his head as he bowed before him.
'Is that a way to greet an old friend? Too much honor, my lord!' he laughed to hide his emotion, stood up again and embraced Edward warmly, then sat down with difficulty. Joan came back and he made her sit next to him, her hand in his.

'I am fine as you can see. I have everything I need, and free time to enjoy.' he said, softly caressing Joan's hand and winking happily though his eyes didn't laugh along.
'Please tell me, how are you? And your lovely wife? And you are a father, too, am I correct? Tell us about your family, my friend.'
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

PostSubject: Re: Living room   Living room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 4:55 pm

Edward laughed at the embrace, feeling -only momentarily- like an awkward school boy, as he was when The Cardinal's visit were so frequent. It reminded him of the camaraderie which he and his brother shared when they were emerging from the shadows of childhood, the mutual protective stance they always took over their sister and the days of carefree joy…
He cleared his throat and smoothed down his coat,"Very well, thank you. I have been travelling an awful thought though lately which you imagine begrudges my wife terribly. I dread to imagine my reception when I return,"he said with a smile tugging at his lips,"And yes, I am a father-to a little boy, Thomas."

Edward then crossed his legs and sipped the ale,"I'm glad you are comfortable and apologise for not…saying my farewells upon your departure from court but alas I was away…in France at that time I believe."

He then raised an eyebrow and added,"And you would not believe my little sister is now not only a wife…but a mother…to a son."
He smiled to himself at the impressive line of sons which any king would lust after.
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Living room   Living room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 9:42 pm

He smiled understandingly as Edward told him about his long absence.
'I know how hard it is to be so long aparted, I have travelled often and for long times, too, yet coming home was the most wonderful moment, to be united again with the ones you love.' he looked at Joan with a tender smile.

'I was always lovingly received, though I imagine it is hard to affloat a family without their father... yet, you never complained, my love.' he touched her cheek for a moment and then sat back to continue listening.

'A little boy, that is great, your mother will be so proud and so would have been your father.' he said warmly and then shook his head.
'No reason to apologize, my friend. You had important matters to handle and I, well I left court rather suddenly.
France, you say? I love France, I used to enjoy my stays there. Did you meet king Francis as well?'

As Edward spoke he reminded the young stubborn woman who loved the queen so much that she did not obey to him but served her with all her loyalty.
'She matured.... into a wife, even a mother! I bet though she still causes you sleepless nights, doesn't she?' he asked, smiling cheerful.
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

PostSubject: Re: Living room   Living room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 9:50 pm

Edward groaned jokingly,"Oh I fear that hell hath now fury like an abandoned wife…no, no, alas I think I should be welcomed with love,"Edward said with a chuckled.

"Ah yes-well I'm glad of having a boy. My mother will not desist on reminding us all of how the Cravens always produce sons…I suppose there is some truth in it. However in troth I would not mind having a few little girls but my son…well he is simply charming. Though he is slight, very fragile but very tall-I should hope he keeps in good health, any cold would be fatal for such a skinny little thing."

Edward then smirked,"Yes France. Admittedly I prefer Italy but France is equally handsome. I stayed with our relatives there and had some joyous dances. I dare say I encountered temptation-but of course Your Eminence I resisted,"he grinned.

He then raised his eyebrows,"Good God-she is a passionate thing still. I am told you could hear the screams for miles from her confinement chamber when she had her boy; my mother swears she cursed the boys father but now she is utterly besotted. And of course, she will always be my Lilibet and not a mature mother."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Living room   Living room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 9:52 pm

Note arrives

Dear Cardinal,

I do hope you are well and your partner? I have missed you greatly, am sorry for any trouble I caused, I am worried about the Boleyns and am scared for what they may do. I do hope this letter reaches you.

Please take care

Cordelia
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Living room   Living room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 10:31 pm

One of the remaining servants accepts the note and smiles as he sees the royal stamp on the sealed letter. He calls a courier and hands him the note.

'Bring this note as quickly as you can to His Eminence, as far as I am informed he is on the way to Yorkshire to be installed. Now go and hurry, he will be pleased to hear from the Princess he cares about so much!'

The courier nods and leaves immediately.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Living room   Living room - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Living room
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2