The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Stables

Go down 
+3
Juliette Dupont
Coralie Guyot
Christophe Sinclair
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

Stables - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 1:50 am

Coralie's heart stopped, a ping of pain resonating throughout. She took a breath...

"You...said he had," she blinked, looking down nervously. "...what happened to her?" she breathed, so quietly she feared she would have to repeat it.
Back to top Go down
Christophe Sinclair
Soldier
Christophe Sinclair

Stables - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 10:21 pm

"He lost interest in her. And she was recalled to England and was married off." He continued the slow pace of Andromeda's walk. "She eventually caught the eye of the English king, Henry. That liaison lasted a long while. She claimed the two children she bore during their relationship but he never claimed them. Now she is replaced by her sister. Remember that: mistresses are always replaced."
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

Stables - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 12:38 am

"Oh," Coralie looked down again, her back slumping in the saddle.

She had heard of the king's many mistresses, but having heard on of their stories...even her full name, it brought great pain to her heart. She felt as though she could not truly believe such a thing. She turned her head, a tear coming down her cheek as she thought of how many maitresse en titre's his majesty had had. How many ladies went undecleared as his mistress. How many bastard children.

She wiped the tear away, giving a sniffle as her cheeks turned red. A sudden rush of anger flooded her heart.

How could he say such things to me that he has sad to so many others? she thought to herself. Why would he do such a thing to me and bid me love him when he means the word as lust?

She tightened her grip on the reins and straightened her back, forcing herself to stop thinking of him. She bit her lip, holding back her sudden anger.

"I suppose it is just better to forget such foolish things as thinking the king could love me," she breathed.
Back to top Go down
Christophe Sinclair
Soldier
Christophe Sinclair

Stables - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 6:30 am

He noticed a difference in her voice and stopped the horse altogether. "I've hurt you and broken the dreams you had of this man you care for. I did not mean to do that, I wanted only to warn you. It is best you hear it from me before you actually get your heart broken."

Then he had second thoughts, feeling bad that he had caused her to harden her heart.
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

Stables - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 1:03 am

Coralie nodded, "and I thank you for the warning," she spoke. "I am glad to have a friend who shall tell me the truth plainly."

She looked down at the reins in her hands, brushing the leather with her fingers as she thought.

She looked at Christophe very seriously. "Surely there is no gain in doing such a thing," she nodded, "...and I am certain if I were to marry, my husband would never be alright with knowing such a thing."

She turned to him again, looking to him as an advisor. "...why do men fancy women so lustfully?"
Back to top Go down
Christophe Sinclair
Soldier
Christophe Sinclair

Stables - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 2:51 am

"I know no other way of saying the truth, I think sometimes the truth can hurt but that the pain will be brief." He listened as she spoke. "Anything you would gain would not always be for your benefit only. Your family may find favor, new titles and lands, but eventually you would lose your place in his bed. And seeing that you truly care for him, that would be the greatest loss for you." He could see she was beginning to see the world as it truly was. "I hope that when you do marry, your husband will love you no matter what has happened in your past. You deserve someone like that."

He thought about her question, turned it over carefully in his mind. "I think lust is a more recognizable emotion than love, for most men. Not every man can be faithful in love. If the woman is flaunting her beauty, it is attractive to the man, who sees it as an invitation. If the woman is quite and pure, the man sees it as a challenge. Men love a chase, a hunt. In fact, those types of women are valued far above the openly wanton woman. But, that appreciation only lasts a little."
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

Stables - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 2:58 am

She nodded as he spoke, knowing it surely was the truth, and though his words had saddened her heart, she knew that she was glad to have someone to say them. She knew was glad to have a protector and good friend while at court. She felt as though his words were more than from a friend, but perhaps een from a brother, as the advice he gave and the way he looked out for her reminded her of her own brothers.

She nodded, "I often wonder who shall marry me...and wonder what my life shall be like as their wife."

"Yes, I have heard there are a few women at court who retain their virtue in order to gain husbands and status," her eyes went wide. She placed a hand on her heart, "I know that though I fear I may love his majesty, I should refrain from such intimacies I know he-...and often, I...want," she confessed.

Coralie paused a moment, looking down at Andromeda's mane, wondering for a moment how simple the life of a horse must be. She suddenly reached up to her miniature hat and plucked off a few finger's-full of small blue flowers that sat in the plume of the hat.
She held them down to Christophe. "I want to thank you, goodsir Christophe, for being such a kind and good friend to me," she felt tears come to her eyes, though she blinked them away. "I have nothing else to give you...no tokens of my affection, yet I hope you shall accept these flowers, though they are so very small," she gave a smile.
She could not fully understand why she was so emotional. Perhaps it was because he was the only friend she had at court besides the king, and perhaps because since she had met him, she had known no better kindness. It was also perhaps because he reminded her so much of her late brother...
Back to top Go down
Christophe Sinclair
Soldier
Christophe Sinclair

Stables - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 2:26 am

"Whoever does make you his wife will be a lucky man indeed. I hope I am not too bold when I say that if I were a few years younger or you were few years older, I would want you for a wife." He smiled, but he also knew what he felt for her was more like brotherly love, a protective sort of love.

He accepted the flowers with humility as though she had given him the royal jewels of France. "If it is a gift from you Coralie, how could I not accept? I only wish I had something to give you in return, some keepsake to remind you of a too-quiet soldier who lurked in the forest contemplating the sorrows he'd encountered in his life." He smiled to show he was teasing, but realized that Coralie looked very melancholy. "Please do not be so upset. Women's tears baffle men." He reached up to touch her face very gently.
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

Stables - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 2:37 am

Coralie threw her head back and laughed, feeling a slight flutter in her heart at his words. "I fear you are too kind," she shook her head.
She looked at him seriously a moment, yet looked down at the reins. "...how long ago did you lose your wife?" she blinked, "if it is not too difficult to say."

She shook her head, smiling, "you have already done so much for me, goodsir." She gave a faint laugh at Christophe's words "...they baffle many women as well." She gave a long sigh, "my mother always despises when I used to cry...she would always say that ladies are not to cry in front of gentlemen, and that it is childish and makes me look fickle and...stupid," she could hardly say the last word.

Coralie smiled at his touch, glad that he was more kind than perhaps turned away from her odd gestures.
Back to top Go down
Christophe Sinclair
Soldier
Christophe Sinclair

Stables - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 6:26 pm

His face went blank as he thought of his dear wife. "It has been three years since Hélène's death. It is still painful but you have helped me with the pain, somewhat." he looked up at her with gratefulness in his eyes.

"Do not worry about tears, if you can cry them for a good reason. Someday this pain will be so far beyond your comprehension, and you will laugh at how seriously you took this situation. You are young and will meet many men in your lifetime. One of them will be the other half of your heart, and from then on you will see nothing but him." He smiled, reassuring her. "And may I say, I have never found you to be stupid. You are perhaps very wise for your age. It is your imagination and creativity that intimidates people."
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

Stables - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 12:59 am

Coralie shook her head, "I am so very sorry, goodsir." She looked up at the sky, "far too soon to fully heal, and yet surely you keep her memory." She looked down at him, "I hope to help you always," she gave a faint smile. "...was she very pretty?...she must have been to end up with such a kind and caring man."

She gave a laugh, "I am glad you do not think me stupid." She gave a serious frown, though a smile sat upon her lips, "I often hope I shall look back and learn from my young days." She gave a shrug, "yet, I also hope and pray I do not make horrible mistakes...just small ones to learn from."
Back to top Go down
Christophe Sinclair
Soldier
Christophe Sinclair

Stables - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 7:15 am

Christophe nodded because a lump was forming in his throat. "She was very beautiful, her hair was the color of soft honey and her eyes were as green as the sea after a storm. She was kind and giving, and always expressed her mind no matter the outcome. She was truly one woman in a million."

He heard her say she wanted to learn from her youth. "Just remember, you cannot speak with wisdom until you have lived fully. That means even heartbreak and sorrow. And you have no control over the mistakes you make, you are only in charge of what wisdom you gain from them."

Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

Stables - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 1:34 am

Coralie gave a faint smile. "She sounds so very beautiful."
She placed a hand upon his shoulder. "I am certain her beauty and beautiful heart has surely earned her a place beside the king's throne in heaven."

She nodded at his advice, "yes...I suppose that is how it must be done...how it must be learned." She gave a smile, "it is clear you have quite a bit of wisdom from your life," she giggled, "you speak like my papa, yet you are far too young for it."
Back to top Go down
Christophe Sinclair
Soldier
Christophe Sinclair

Stables - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 4:51 am

He turned away when he thought of his wife residing in Heaven. She belonged here on earth with him, this was where she was needed most. Still choked up, he cleared his throat, looking up at Coralie as he nodded. "Thank you."

He smiled at her comment. "I have lived much in my life though I am not yet thirty," he joked. "Perhaps when i am as old as your papa I will be the smartest man in the world!"
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

Stables - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 2:01 am

Coralie could see the sadness in Christophe's eyes and her heart sank. "Oh, I am so sorry, monsieur," she looked down, "I always bring up things that should not be discussed...I am so very sorry."

Her eyes went wide, "oh, I am certain you shall, goodsir!" she laughed. She gave a smile, "I think I shall write again to my papa so he can meet you."
Back to top Go down
Christophe Sinclair
Soldier
Christophe Sinclair

Stables - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 3:29 am

"It is not your fault, not in the least bit. In fact if you want to know more of her I will tell you. It is the only way she will live on, through memories I have of her." He smiled, showing he was after all still in love with a woman who had left this mortal realm.

"I would be honored to meet your papa, I think he and I would get along very well," Christophe cast a glance at the sun, whose rays were starting to brighten and push the clouds away. "Shall we continue walking? Or have you duties to perform for the queen?"
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

Stables - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 6:59 pm

Coralie shook her head, feeling sad a moment. "Her majesty is with the king," she sighed, slowly.

She gave a smile, "I should like to walk with you, and hear more about Helene, if you should not mind, goodsir," she leaned her chin against the palm of her hand. She gave a laugh, "unless you should like to be alone to your day."
Back to top Go down
Christophe Sinclair
Soldier
Christophe Sinclair

Stables - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 7:00 am

He smiled, glad to get to spend some more time with her, but when he thought it might also mean that the king and queen were reconciled, it put Coralie out of the picture. The sadness in her eyes was evident. "I shall tell you about Helene. Our families knew each other, they shared land in the Loire Valley. As children we played together often, but as she was a female she later had to do more around the household. She had many siblings and so her parents saw to it that they put them to good use. One time I was home on leave from training in the army and I found her by the river.. just like where you first found me, Coralie. She had matured then, she was beautiful, but she was promised to another man. We promised to love one another no matter what, and I spent all the time I could with her. Only a few years later when I returned I found out she was a widow. Our love still burned brightly, and so we married and were utterly happy. We were both twenty-two. We never had any children, but we always wanted them.. In the end.. well you know the rest of the story." He looked off into the horizon, away from the glittering sun.
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

Stables - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 12:04 am

Coralie smiled, "ahhh, a true love story." She shook her head, laughing, "I could only dream of writing such a story."

She blushed, "you make me envy such love stories."
Back to top Go down
Christophe Sinclair
Soldier
Christophe Sinclair

Stables - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 2:05 am

"We did indeed have a true love story, and a love that bound our hearts together for all eternity. No matter what happens to me, I know I will never feel for another woman the way I feel about Helene. I may love, but not as strongly as I once did."

He looked up at her. "Someday you will fall in love. Everyone's story is different and meaningful in its own way. Some have difficult paths to follow, but in the end everything is worth it." Then he laughed at himself. "Listen to me, Coralie! You're turning me into a poet who sits under trees all day and fumes the air with sighs of love."
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

Stables - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 1:22 am

Coralie shook her head, "I would not blame you...it is truly once in a lifetime that someone should find such love," she smiled, fondly.

She gave a laugh, "ohh, Monsieur Sinclair, I think you have always been a poet."

She gave a little shrug, "I do not know...I fear I shall be alone for a very long time, perhaps all my life." She looked down at Andromeda below her, "...who would have me?"
Back to top Go down
Christophe Sinclair
Soldier
Christophe Sinclair

Stables - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 6:32 am

"Once in a lifetime.. then I had my chance and now it's gone. Time for another to find true love." He smiled sadly.

He chuckled at her words. "Oh I am no poet, sweet Coralie. I may sing ballads I learned in my youth and speak of lost loves but I am just a simple man, whose wounds have yet to heal."

"Someone as young and pretty and imaginative as you will not be lonely for long. You have a big heart, big enough to attract attention from all corners of the globe. But I know you will only let the true one in."
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

Stables - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 12:49 am

Coralie giggled shaking her head as she placed her head upon her hand. "But sir...isn't that what poets do?" she laughed.

She looked off, giving a sigh. "I fear I shall be waiting for this man a long time...and then I fear an imposter will come, and whisk me away, and I shall fall for him by accident instead of waiting for the truer one," she shook her head.

She began to move her legs, feeling them fall asleep as she recalled she had been riding side-saddle.
Back to top Go down
Christophe Sinclair
Soldier
Christophe Sinclair

Stables - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 6:29 pm

He laughed. "Sometimes poets waste their time over things that cannot be helped."

"In your heart you will know the impostor for a fake, and you will reject him. But this man you speak of, he is worth the wait." he hoped she'd meant someone else apart from the king. She'd likely wait til the end of time for that man.

"Why don't you try riding the usual way? I promise, word will not get back to your mother," he said with a smirk, knowing Coralie's mother was indeed very strict.
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

Stables - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 1:47 am

She gave a laugh at Christophe's jest, knowing he was correct.

Coralie smiled, "I hope he is," she giggled. She tilted her head, "ohhh, I fear I cannot wait...I long for children of my own to play with and watch grow."

She looked around a moment, looking to see if anyone may be looking. She gave an almost mischievious giggle, and slowly pulled her right over the other side of the horse, watching out for Andromeda's head, while keeping the cloth of her gown closed for decency.

She giggled, looking around, "ohh, now I see why you mean do this," she laughed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stables - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stables   Stables - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stables
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next