The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Anne Lumley's bedchamber

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

Anne Lumley's bedchamber Empty
PostSubject: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 6:35 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Anne Lumley
4th Baroness of Ogle
Anne Lumley

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 6:36 pm

O.O.C what a pretty room-thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 6:46 pm

"Charles was looking for Anna's room. He heard she was back at court, but he also heard that the King granted her a new apartment. Seeing a new door, he knocked"

Anybody there?
Back to top Go down
Anne Lumley
4th Baroness of Ogle
Anne Lumley

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 6:48 pm

Anne had been at court for a couple of days and finally sat down at her desk to write the letter that she had been putting off since she first arrived.
She had pulled on her velvet house coat and finally let her hair down loose.
Dear Husband, she began.

How I hate to call him that, she thought. She jumped though when she heard the door and smudged the black ink on the paper.
"Yes, one minute,"she called to the door and opened it wide.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 6:52 pm

"Charles saw a young lady opening him the door. Realizing it was the wrong chamber, he smiled a bit embarrassed"

My lady...sorry for disturbing you. I thought it was lady Buckingham's apartment...

"He smiled again, noticing she was very pretty"
Back to top Go down
Anne Lumley
4th Baroness of Ogle
Anne Lumley

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 6:55 pm

She laughed politely, and fastened her housecoat,"No trouble. In fact you interuptted me from something I would rather not do-so thank you, I guess."
She hesitated a little but then asked a little shyly,"Do you want to come in? You are here now anyway..."
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 6:58 pm

"Charles looked at her with the same hesitation. Then he smiled and nodded, stepping inside room"

Oh...yes, thank you. Let me introduce myself, at least. I'm Charles Brandon, Duke of Suffolk. I'm really glad to meet you. Lady...?

"He took gently her hand and kissed it softly"
Back to top Go down
Anne Lumley
4th Baroness of Ogle
Anne Lumley

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 7:00 pm

She dulely curstied respectfully,"No need for titles-I hate mine. I'm Anne, Anne Lumley,but please just call me Anne,"she said with a serene smile.

"Oh, please excuse my dress- I'm not used to the late nights in court ... yet,"she said and winked.
Although she promptly cleaned her throat and felt the heaviness of her wedding ring,"Tea? Wine?"she asked, getsuring to a comfy chair by the fire that was almost burnt out.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 8:56 pm

"Charles glanced fastly at her figure and smiled. He sat on the sofa with an amused expression on his face"

I'd love some wine...thank you, lady Anne. And no need to apologize. You're right staying comfortable in your room. Are you new to court?

"He asked curiously, realizing he never saw her around Palace before"
Back to top Go down
Anne Lumley
4th Baroness of Ogle
Anne Lumley

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 8:57 pm

She poured out some crimson red wine in her best glasses,"Not long,"she replied over her shoulder as she put the cork back in the wine bottle.

"Here you are...your grace,"she said smiling.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 9:00 pm

"Charles took the glass from her hand, smiling kindly"

Thank you, my lady. Oh...I was almost sure of that. Otherwise I would surely remember such pretty face. Are you married?

"He asked, before taking a sip from wine"
Back to top Go down
Anne Lumley
4th Baroness of Ogle
Anne Lumley

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 9:02 pm

She chuckled,"You make me blush,"she said feeling a weight lift from her as she sat casually cross legged on a chair near him.

"Married? By name, by paper-yes."
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 9:04 pm

"Charles frowned"

By...paper? What do you mean?

"He asked, trying to understand"
Back to top Go down
Anne Lumley
4th Baroness of Ogle
Anne Lumley

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 9:05 pm

She glanced down, realising she spoke too much,"Well the marriage is not one which has been of love...or more to the point lust,"she said softly, quite embarrassed.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 9:23 pm

"He looked intently at her leaning his back against the sofa"

It has been...an arranged marriage?

"He asked, noticing her sudden sad glance on him"
Back to top Go down
Anne Lumley
4th Baroness of Ogle
Anne Lumley

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 9:29 pm

She scoffed,"Is there any other kind? My mother is ambitious and my father pious-she wanted me to have a good marriage and my father says I am-was too passionate. It wasn't conveniant for them for me to fall in love."

She then glanced up,"I'm sorry-I'm speaking too much."
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 9:33 pm

"Charles shook his head"

Oh no...not at all. Your story is very common. Many women marry to please their family, rather than themselves. And...is your former husband at court too?

"He asked again, hoping not to bother her with his questions"
Back to top Go down
Anne Lumley
4th Baroness of Ogle
Anne Lumley

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 9:34 pm

"My husband? No he doesn't like the city. He is...much older than me. We married when I was fifteen...he was forty-two then,"she said and took a gulp of wine. It was perfumey and sweet.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 9:45 pm

"Charles was very impressed and he didn't try to hide it"

Fiftheen? My daughter has the same age. Sincerely, I would never allow her to marry a man...so much older than her. I want she still keeps her...innocence. May I ask you...how old are you?
Back to top Go down
Anne Lumley
4th Baroness of Ogle
Anne Lumley

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 7:09 am

"Seventeen now,"she replied,"And though I may be two years married, I'd wager I'm as innocent still as your daughter,"
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 10:51 am

"Charles cleared his throat, before saying"

Are you saying...that your marriage was not consummated?

"He asked curiously"
Back to top Go down
Anne Lumley
4th Baroness of Ogle
Anne Lumley

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 11:02 am

Anne chuckled and glanced down, I've said to much, she though,"Whilst my husband is old, he is not cruel. I am his wife but only by name..."
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 3:45 pm

"Charles frowned and took a deep breath"

Well...I think you should know that such marriage is not valid. It can be easily annulled. I find weird that your former husband doesn't want an heir by you, considering his age. And...considering your youth and beauty. Anyway, my wife is your same age. And she is with child...

"He added with a warm smile, still looking at her"
Back to top Go down
Anne Lumley
4th Baroness of Ogle
Anne Lumley

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 7:18 pm

Anne sighed,"He is kind to me and a good man, he loves me. He...couldn't...lie with me, even if he wished."

She gulped the last of her wine,"Congratulations-you must be pleased."
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 9:01 pm

"Charles frowned again"

Thank you. Ehm...Sorry, my lady...I can't understand. In which way he lied to you?

"He asked, after sipping his wine"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anne Lumley's bedchamber
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next