The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Letters between Lady Charlotte and Princess Mary Rose

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

Letters between Lady Charlotte and Princess Mary Rose Empty
PostSubject: Letters between Lady Charlotte and Princess Mary Rose   Letters between Lady Charlotte and Princess Mary Rose I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 6:36 pm

Dear Highness,

I have heard the wonderful news and I congratulate you and the duke! Such good news is rare at court these days but now everyone rejoices. I cannot wait to see the little princes! I hope you may find a good governess for them. I have recently returned from Venice and have brought some fine silks to make you some new gowns.

On another note, I may be getting an anullment soon, but that is to be spoken of when we see each other in person. Suffice it to say, it was difficult but I know Anthony and I will be happier when it is over.

Take care of yourself, and kiss the princes for me!

With love,

Charlotte
Back to top Go down
Mary Rose Tudor
Princess of England
Mary Rose Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Lady Charlotte and Princess Mary Rose   Letters between Lady Charlotte and Princess Mary Rose I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 7:33 pm

Dearest Charlotte,

I am thrilled to hear you have returned from Venice and your silk gowns will look divine on my sons.

I am very sorry to hear that you have parted with your husband if you need time away from court just say and a carriage shall be sent and you can come to us and see my boys.

Your loving friend
Mary Rose
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Lady Charlotte and Princess Mary Rose   Letters between Lady Charlotte and Princess Mary Rose I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 6:23 pm

Dear Mary Rose,

I have spoken with the dressmakers at court, who have left for Scotland and will be there when you are ready. I gave them a couple of designs for gowns for you, I hope you don't mind: one is a purple silk with gold embroidery and red roses stitched into the hem and the sleeves. Another is a grey silk with pale ivory stomacher embroidered with pearls. It is a bit low cut but I thought you might appreciate the fashion.

I have no regrets except that I have hurt Anthony. He is a strong man and will move on, he may have already fallen in love and I only wish him well. Right now I am spending some much needed rest with a  good friend of mine, at least until the drama at court dies down.

Always,

Charlotte
Back to top Go down
Mary Rose Tudor
Princess of England
Mary Rose Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Lady Charlotte and Princess Mary Rose   Letters between Lady Charlotte and Princess Mary Rose I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 8:05 am

Dear Charlotte,

Thank you for your kind effortd towards my sons.
I am afraid that due to the fact that your are not in my service I cannot keep paying you. I hope that this is not going to add to the rest of your woes.
If you shall ever return to England then I will gladly take you back into my service. I also would not listen to gossip around court their is always two sides to every story.

I wish you all the best of luck with your new adventures and don't be a stranger.

Such good luck
HRH Mary Rose Tudor
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Lady Charlotte and Princess Mary Rose   Letters between Lady Charlotte and Princess Mary Rose I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 6:00 am

Dear Mary Rose,

Thank you for all you have done, I will never forget it. Perhaps we may meet again at court, after some time has passed. Until then, you will be in my thoughts.

Charlotte.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Lady Charlotte and Princess Mary Rose   Letters between Lady Charlotte and Princess Mary Rose I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Letters between Lady Charlotte and Princess Mary Rose
Page 1 of 1