The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Queen Katherine's Bedchamber

Go down 
+9
Philip De Burgundy
Juana of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon
Elizabeth Hervey
Thomas More
Maria De Salinas
Elizabeth Darrell
Elena Salvatore
Emma Moore
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Juana of Aragon
Queen of Naples and Jerusalem
Juana of Aragon

Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 5:04 pm

Juana de Borja d'Aragona heard her cousins words speaking of her well being but her concern for her daughter as well, once she heard that she had been denied the visits to know any news of her daughters health and well being she turned to her husband and back to her cousin after

"Your husband has been most cruel for this, a child needs their mother" Juana spoken then glanced at her husband after "Philip surely their is something we can do to help, perhaps Micheletto would be of some service" she spoken truthfully "the lady Mary is in need of her mother as her mother desires to see her, it is clear she misses her" she spoke wanting her cousins happiness more then ever-

Last edited by Juana de Borja d'Aragona on Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Philip De Burgundy
Archduke of Austria and Burgundy
Philip De Burgundy

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 6:19 pm

Philip kissed the hand of Queen Katherine and seated himself beside his wife and enjoyed a goblet of wine which he sipped at while quietly listening to the ladies speak of Princess Mary.
Philip spoke, 'Maybe Your Majesty we could assist in only a little way, your good self and your daughter Mary are always welcome for sanctuary in our palaces which are at your desposal at your pleasure, it is indeed important you have visits with your daughter and if we can assist in any way we of course will.' Philip said honestly.
He looked to his wife and nodded and turned to the Queen, 'But of course I wouldn't wish to cause a political incident.
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Dowager Princess of Wales
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 3:13 pm

Thank you Kindly Philip and Rosalina but any act to help me and the king will lose the love for his daughter and this I can not let happen, But I do have my good friend Sir Thomas Moore and my trusted counsellor John Fisher and of cause Pope Paul III are all fighting for my cause. I paused to take another sip of wine and with sadness in my voice I spoke again. These last fews days I have felt unwell and I do not leave this room most days but too have you both has supporters is more then I can hope for. I reached over and placed one hand on Philips and one on Rosalinas hand. May god grant me justice so I can see my daughter once again, and please keep us in your prayers.
Back to top Go down
Juana of Aragon
Juana of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 5:51 pm

Juana Borja d'Aragona listened intently to what the Queen had to say and Juana nodded while seated beside her husband with the queen of England, Juana had heard words spread the king had found love with another and it broke her heart and disgusted her that her cousin would be abandoned in such a way and angered her that her cousin wasn't feeling well, "please allow me to help nurse you to health, I would pray for you often that your health improves but if this place is what causes your ill health surely I can help" she spoke telling her "you are after all blood of my blood" the young queen smiled at her cousin "I desire you to live, safe and healthy as well. My husband and I we have been blessed with children, I would like for you to see them" she offered to the Queen of England

Looking at her husband she smiled "her majesty I'm certain would enjoy the company of our little Ines" she spoke to him and looked at Queen Katherine "if your majesty permits of course, she loves her music and dance".

Last edited by Juana de Borja d'Aragona on Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elena Salvatore
Lady-in-waiting
Elena Salvatore

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2015 8:14 pm

The guests had arrived from a foreign land their accents stranger to that of my gracious queen. It wasn't a visit that had been approved by the king himself. He had liked to make sure that the only guests come here was official visits only. I had served in the queen's household for a number of years I now saw it as my duty to protect her from any gossip from the English court. Curtsying I stood to the side of my queen loyal and ready to be at her service.
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2015 9:58 am

Rosalina and Philip this is Lady Elena. I smiled as Lady Elena reached my side and curtsied.
I am sure I can accomadated your children, but you must be careful for if the king finds out he will send them to the tower, I am afraid anyone that shows kindess to me is either put in the tower or been told not to visit me again. I said this with such sadness, how did it come to this, I loved my king and I still do how could he treat me this way.
Please tell me of your kingdom and your children.
Back to top Go down
Juana of Aragon
Juana of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 6:58 am

The young Queen sat within her chair and looked at the Queen of England with disgust and looked then at her husband and once more at the Queen but before she could say another word the littlest child of the Queen's and her husband's entered with her brother Charles holding his hand side by side "mommy" little Ines spoke going to her mother and she took her daughter into her arms and her son seated himself upon his father's lap and the little boy who's eyes were dark colored like his father and mother glanced at the Queen of England shyly, "come my son it is alright surely" she spoke gesturing him to meet his cousin the Queen and little Ines unlike her brother was open to meeting new people, although she was so little and but a girl merely 2 of age she clung to her mother closely wanting her mother's comfort "your majesty forgive my children, I suppose they needed my husband and I, they have been playing within the other room I left them with a nanny but I guess they have desired to be with us" she smiled cradeling her little one Ines "these are my children, Ines and Charles. Ines is my youngest daughter and child." she spoke as the little light brown haired girl was in her mother's arms "I will fight for my children and their protection, I hope you will as well as their cousin.".

After she said what she did she seen the Queens friend enter and nodded her head to her "as it is a pleasure to meet you as well my lady, welcome" she commented as she held her daughter in her arms while her son is in his father's arms.
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 6:11 pm

What wonderful children you have and yes of course they are more than welcome here, It's been a while since I have heard the sound og children. Thoughts of Mary when she was young was still fresh in my mind, how I longed to see her or even a letter on how she is doing.
Cousin I must tell you that you being here could anger the King so please make sure you tell no one that you have been here as I am not sure what the King would do. I missed Mary more then ever, watching my cousin holding her daughter brought pleasure and sadness, I wanted to hold Mary and to protect my one and only daughter.
Back to top Go down
Juana of Aragon
Juana of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 6:28 pm

The Queen sat there and nodded then gestured the little ones to their cousin "your majesty need not worry, I've brought Micheletto to protect us all while my visit remains, I'm sure your familiar with the man who even went as far as to murder many including that of my father Alfonso of Aragon" she commented "he once worked for my uncle Cesare Borja and now he works at my aid and call" she told her honestly "but alas I've told none I was here, I'm certain the King will not find out" she spoke looking at her and the children were at the queens side and she looked at her cousin and smiled as Ines went to her and climbed on the Queen of England's lap seeing the lavish jewelry she wore, she spoke such fluent Spanish and little Ines smiled "she was born in Portugal during my stay with our cousins there, I was in prayer and she was born inside the convents walls" she spoke confessing honestly.

Last edited by Juana de Borja d'Aragona on Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 8:03 pm

Even when my cousin spoke of Micheletto I had my concerns, I knew how Henry was and I was afraid for my family I did not want any harm to come of them because of me. When Ines jumped onto my lap my heart melted when I looked into his eyes, it was so nice to feel a child on my lap again.
como estas Ines?
I looked back to my cousin. I will have one of my ladies make up your chambers if you would like to stay?
Back to top Go down
Juana of Aragon
Juana of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 10:59 am

The queen looked at her cousin and nodded while noticing her worry of course, the young Queen didn't wish to trouble her cousin the Queen of England and when Ines her daughter was on the women's lap, Ines couldn't help but smile and spoke fluent in Spanish "estoy bien" the child spoke fluently and shyly, she loved her music of course and she was very clever. Looking at Queen Katherine of Aragon the Queen of Castro and Galicia nodded "that would be wonderful as it would be to stay here with you. We do have much to catch up on" she giggles a bit and took a sip from her wine.
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 11:39 am

Well that is agreed I will ask one of my ladies to make up a chamber for you and your family. I smiled and looked at the precious gem on my lap, It had been a while since I last had a small one on my lap.
My chest was begining to feel tight and I needed to cough, I asked one of my ladies for some water, I took a small sip and handed the glass back.
Could I interest you a walk around our lovely garden? I feel like I need some fresh air and I am sure Ines would love to see the pond and the fish we have in there.
Back to top Go down
Elena Salvatore
Lady-in-waiting
Elena Salvatore

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 8:36 am

The guest chamber has been prepared for such guests to stay in your Majesty. Elena added Kimbolton was only a small place all grandeur was left outside the gates. Shall I fetch your majesty your winter furs.
Back to top Go down
Juana of Aragon
Juana of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 5:00 pm

The Queen listened carefully to what the Queen of England, Katherine had to say and she nods and smiled "my daughter would be happy to accompany you I'm certain" she spoke "I just say my other daughter my eldest Mary will soon accompany us, she had been quite ready to prepare herself for her visit with your majesty her cousin. She is now the same age as your lovely Mary, so strongly grown as well. She is pious like yourself" she commented but no sooner she heard a knock upon the door, the Queen of Castro couldn't help but smile when they announced a child of her own, Princess Mary, Marquis of Navarrés, once the young girl was inside the room she took a seat after bowing to her cousin the Queen respectfully.
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 7:32 pm

Thank you kindly Lady Elena, Yes please bring my winter fur and could you ask the kitchen staff to make something warm food for when we return. I lowered my voice as I spoke to just Elena. Will you please acompany us as I don't feel so good on my feet.
Your daughter is very welcome here, It is not very grand but I always have hope that one day I will go back home.
Sadness formed on my face as I thought about my home and my daughter whom I missed with all my heart. As Mary was announced in I Slowly stood to great her, She had grown into a beautiful lady and thoughts of Mary came back.
Back to top Go down
Mary of Hapsburg
Marquis of Valencia
Mary of Hapsburg

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 10:58 pm

Mary entered announced, her long hair pulled back and braided around her head, her head adorned a hat upon it and her attire was black entirely and adorned with pearls and laces, looking at the Queen of England in front of her, The Marquis of Navarres curtsied to her and kissed the Queen's hand, soon rising she looked at the Queen with those dark colored eyes of hers, she looked very much the spanish beauty she was. Noticing the sadness in the Queen's eyes she stood beside her mother, The Queen of Castro and Galicia and her little sister Ines clung to her elder sister's skirts, The Queen of England her cousin greeting her made her smile and she smiled in return "yes your majesty some air will be good for us all, would you permit me to accompany you as well" she spoke looking at her, her mother she watched exit the door and Mary stayed by the Queen of England's side willing to help her in any way necessary, she was a pious young girl speaking fluent spanish, Ines held one of Katherine's hands as Mary stood happily as well, Ines ran out the door excited to play outside on the grounds and Mary looked at England's Queen

"I hope my little sister had not been too much trouble your majesty, she does like to explore many things" she spoke honestly. "Spain has missed your presence your majesty, I do pray very much you will come for a visit" she spoke commenting.
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 3:11 pm

As Mary was announced I saw how beautiful she had grown and a true Spanish beauty stood in front of me, she kissed my hand and stood next to her mother I felt very blessed to have my family here with me and supporting my cause.
Yes your company is most welcome and you can tell me all about what is happening back home. As Juana took her leave I turned to Mary and Ines. Shall we go outside. And with that Ines was already out of the door. Your sister is most welcome to explore as much as her hearts desire, My Mary was also like Ines, she would hide and I had to find her and most of the time she was easy to find because you could hear her giggling. The memory made me miss Mary so much more.
I turned to Mary.
I have missed home deeply and my Nephew has wrote to me, but as of late I don't seam to recive letters anymore I am sure King Henry has been stopping them.
Back to top Go down
Juana of Aragon
Juana of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 12:48 am

Juana stood there seeing her little girl running out the door playing and she couldn't help but smile but when she heard the queen speak of how she hadn't been allowed to receive anything from her nephew possibly she looked at her "your majesty if you like I can give such things to him, and perhaps insure you receive one in return" she spoke to her "I would do whatever it takes to help my family especially yourself" she spoke "it seems you may be better off in Spanish shores where you will be better protected" she spoke "and your health may improve as well" Juana told her looking at her but soon turned to her daughter then looked back at the queen "Perhaps Micheletto may be of some assistance as well".
Back to top Go down
Mary of Hapsburg
Marquis of Valencia
Mary of Hapsburg

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 1:05 am

:::Mary looked down to the floor for a minute as Queen Katherine spoke. It was a widely known fact that trouble lurked in the Queen of England's marriage for some time and that the Emperor was not acting fast enough. She did not want to show the pain or sympathy for this woman she possessed because she was still the daughter of Spain and thus her pride would be affected. "I am certain your nephew has more pressing matters at this time such as the Turks but it is known how much he cares about you and so I expect that soon you will hear from him. How has all else been faring for you these days?"::::
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 6:54 pm

Thank you for your kind offer Juana, just you being here is enough and yes I have thought about going back to Spain but this is my home now and I am and will always be the true Queen of England, I will never back down.
Turning to Mary and listening while she spoke of my nephew, I did not know of what was happening back home due to my letters being stopped. Please tell me what is happening with the turks, as you know I don't hear much news and I would be grateful for some.
Back to top Go down
Juana of Aragon
Juana of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 2:51 am

Juana stood there glancing at her cousin, her daughters Mary and Ines with them as well but Ines ran off playing among the gardens and Juana listened to the words of her cousin the Queen, she understood well her cousins wishes and knew she must respect the decision made by the Queen of England, Katherine of Aragon. Looking at her she nodded "Your right and you must be strong for this country, I've heard much whispers among the Vatican, within it's walls, the Pope of Rome he favors your cause, he often speaks that he will deny the King his request, we both know a divorce is not known within our faith unless just cause has been given, but that only exists if their is no heir and the marriage wasn't consummated, surely yours have been" she spoke to her cousin.

She soon heard the questions on the Turks and she stood there "The Turks has been quite troublesome with us Catholics, the Emperor fights strongly to keep them out of our borders, he is successful in his duties." she commented "although I don't hear much but I have been told enough to know the matters with the Turks has not been easy" she spoke truthfully.
Back to top Go down
Elena Salvatore
Lady-in-waiting
Elena Salvatore

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 12:43 am

Elena came back with the furs a cloak so fine it would protect her majesty against the icy weather. She stood listening in the corner to the ongoings at other courts. Considering the size of Suleiman's army and the devastation wrought upon Hungary in the previous few years it is not surprising that the will to resist one of the world's most powerful states was lacking in many of the recently garrisoned Habsburg settlements. Sultan Suleiman was a magnificent ruler. Elena was glad that King Henry didn't seek such wars with the Sultan who always won battles.
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 7:06 pm

Looking into Juana's eyes while I spoke Yes I have also heard that the pope will deny the kings request and I hope with all my heart he will come back to me, that is my wish.
As Elena enters with my fur, I smile as she gently wraps the fur around me.
Shall we proceed to the garden cousin and you can tell me about your fine kingdom, I do so wish to know of where you live.
Back to top Go down
Juana of Aragon
Juana of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 7:33 pm

Juana smiled kindly at her cousin the Queen and nodded "you have been much in the pipes favor and I too will support you in any way I can, I do pray the King will return to you, that this woman he seeks will soon be without his favor." she told the Queen and when she spoke of the gardens she nodded

"Yes it will please me much to see your gardens, we may discuss of Italy if it pleases you" she spoke honestly taking a step out the door to the gardens, walking with the Queen at her side. Juana looked at the flowers ahead of her seeing many beautiful flowers and they made her happy to see them, the young Princess and heir to the Neapolitan throne looked at the Queen "My home it is beautiful, I often reside within the shores of the Romagna but since my stay now in Naples has begun I will soon be sent to Taranto once more, it will become my residence for at least a while but the Romagna and Naples will always be my home I believe. My aunt Sancia it had been some time since her passing" she confessed.
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 11:44 am

As we start to walk out to the gardens, I turn to Elena. Please join us Elena.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Queen Katherine's Bedchamber
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next