The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Main Entrance

Go down 
+3
Anna of Iceland
James Stuart of Scotland
Royce Westmoreland
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

Main Entrance  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance    Main Entrance  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 10:14 pm

Royce nodded and bowed with his head

Of course..I would be honoured. Your Majesty..

He said simply bowing again, before leaving his presence
Back to top Go down
Anna of Iceland
Princess of Iceland
Anna of Iceland

PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance    Main Entrance  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 3:32 am

The Servants announced her."Her majesty princess Anna of Iceland."The servant said and Anna and her ladies and a few others from her court bow and crusty. "I send greetings from my father Fredrick X of Iceland and my mother Isabella of Wenden." She said softly.
Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland
Mary De Guise

PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance    Main Entrance  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 5:15 pm

Since Mary had become Queen of Scotland some ladies had made their presence known in her kingdom. Today the kings men had come looking for the king. Alas, he was busy elsewhere, so it was up to Mary to greet this female guest. Foreign visitors were the last thing Mary needed while her newborn son was still so fragile.

Mary was kind and gentle hearted to all that wanted to visit the lands of Scotland. She would be a gracious host to the Icelandic Princess for as long as she wishes to stay. My lady welcome to my kingdom. I trust that you have had a safe travel from Iceland.~
Back to top Go down
Anna of Iceland
Princess of Iceland
Anna of Iceland

PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance    Main Entrance  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 8:08 pm

Anna smiled at the queen of Scotland."Are travel was well your majesty. We have brought a give your your son the prince." She said as one of her ladies on waiting stepped up with a baby blanket from Iceland.
Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland
Mary De Guise

PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance    Main Entrance  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 10:03 pm

"Oh thank you for the gift. I am sure it shall come in handy for the winter months."~

Mary smiled graciously as she accepted the gift from one royal land to another. She past it to her lady servant Ivy so it could be put in the nursery. "Is this a passing visit through Scotland. Or are you staying on for a few days. I do not know if I can guarantee a audience with the king. But I shall tell him you are here."~
Back to top Go down
Anna of Iceland
Princess of Iceland
Anna of Iceland

PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance    Main Entrance  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 10:45 pm

"We are staying a few days and if the king is busy that is fine. We don't want to make it more work for him." She said softly with a smile upon her face. She looked around before looking back at Mary."What a lovely home you have here."She said softly.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance    Main Entrance  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 4:11 pm

I arrived in Scotland hoping to see the queen.

I ask to be admitted and informed them to tell the queen that I would like to see her.

I also ask them to inform her that lady Middlesson said I would be coming.

Please I would like to see her majesty.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Stafford Howard
3rd Duchess of Norfolk

PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance    Main Entrance  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 8:07 pm

* I arrived to Scotland to see Her Majesty Queen Mary De Guise.* I am here, on my husband Thomas Howard, to see Queen Mary. I hope the Lady Middlesson sent you our request to see our Majesty. May I have an audience with her.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Hamilton
Lady-in-waiting
Isabel Hamilton

PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance    Main Entrance  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 12:59 am

Isabel had been dispatched by the Queen to see exactly what these English people wanted. Upon hearing their names she knew at once that the Howard could and possibly would cause further damage between England and Scotland. "Lady Elizabeth no such message has been sent to inform us of your arrival."

"Thomas Howard, you should wait here for the King himself as it is most improper for a Queen to have an audience with you. Do you understand? Wait for King James to come and get you".

The lady Elizabeth looked most excited at the prospect of meeting our Queen, but why the message didn't come through on their journey. "I shall also find you both a bed to lodge in no one I can assure you told us of your arrival"
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance    Main Entrance  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 12:40 pm

Very well my lady I wish no trouble on come here to speak to her majesty.

I would like to speak to both majesties together if I may.

Please can you let me see them both right away and give my wife some nice accomodation and I am surprised you received no word of our arrival.

Tell the queen it concerns a marriage for my daughter please.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance    Main Entrance  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 12:41 pm

Let my wife have an audience with her an before her I shall speak to them both if possible.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance    Main Entrance  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 7:13 pm

Come Elizabeth this is ridiculous she obviously does not want to see us.

Let us return to Whitehall and speak to his majesty.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance    Main Entrance  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 7:17 pm

I turn back to Isabel and try one last time.

Please why does she not want to see us my daughter has always wanted to marry a Scot if not then let her tell us herself that she does not wish to see us.
Back to top Go down
3rd Duchess of Norfolk

PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance    Main Entrance  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 10:46 pm

My darling husband please don't become upset. They are right. We should speak to the king. Our daughter will marry to a respectable gentleman. *I gently touch him across his face.* *looking towards Lady Isabel* I am surprise that the announcement of our visit did not reach you. But I thank you for your kindness and would you let Her Highness know that.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance    Main Entrance  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2016 12:14 pm

Come Elizabeth we return to England and speak with Henry our king.
Back to top Go down
3rd Duchess of Norfolk

PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance    Main Entrance  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2016 7:12 pm

Isabel, I would just like for Her Majesty to know that we have not come here to cause problems. We are here for our daughter. We wanted to have our child to marry a gentleman and we had hope that the young man would come from here as this is a country that has a good relationship with England. Not to harm the relationship. I sense that Her Majesty is concerned that this would endanger our relationship with our country. I will hope that we can come to a mutual understanding and that the marriage of our young people would have a happy marriage.
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance    Main Entrance  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 5:19 pm

I had arrived back at my kingdom of Scotland after a trip away and I was coming to Stirling Castle.
The carriage I was travelling in pulled up at the entrance and as I got out I saw my wife Mary of Guide waiting to greet me which bought a smile to my face.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance    Main Entrance  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Main Entrance
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2