The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Queen's Trial

Go down 
+14
Thomas Howard
Cardinal John Fisher
Margaret of Austria
White Royalsun
Margaret Wyatt
Thomas More
Royce Westmoreland
Geoffrey Lonshord
Lorenzo Campeggio
Emilie De Fontanay
Anthony Knivert
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Charles Brandon
Henry VIII of England
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Queen's Trial Empty
PostSubject: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:44 pm

This is the place where there will be the Process against Katherine and judgement about her marriage with the King. Please do not write here until the King arrives!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Queen's Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 9:32 pm

Henry walked into Trial's hall, still followed by Brandon and Cromwell. Some people were already sat at their places. As he entered they stopped talking each other and bowed deeply. An irreal silence wrapped the hall. He reached slowly his throne and looked at the one in front of him, still empty. It was Katherine's throne. Standing there, he looked thoughtfully around, waiting for Wolsey, Fisher and Campeggio..

Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

Queen's Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 9:40 pm

"Charles entered in the Hall and took his place. Since the King was still standing, he was standing too as everyone around, until he'll give permission to sit down. He took a deep breath and looked towards entrance, to see who was coming inside"
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

Queen's Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 1:41 pm

Wolsey came in through a side door, he was the first who arrived at Blackfriars and had avoid the crowd who gathered there too, by taking a backdoor.
He bowed deeply before the king and took his place at the head of a long table, waiting impatiently for the queen, Campeggio and Fisher to enter so they could finally start.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Knivert
Gentleman of the Royal Household
Anthony Knivert

Queen's Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 5:30 pm

I walked in following behind the King and Charles. I stood as we awaited the others to arrive.
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

Queen's Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 8:14 pm

Emilie enter fastly the immense room, feeling enthousiast and thrilled, hoping that it will lead to the marriage's annulement.
As she walk along the corridor, she see the king yet sat, she courtsey to him and look around, there isn't yet many people, but she recognize a few of them, there her dear friend Wolsey Charles whom she hadn't seen since a long time aside shortly before his departure for France and Knivert whom she know only of view.
She turn to the ranks of seats and go to sat at the middle at the room, just behind the places reserved to people who will actievely participate to the trial, for to have the better view possible.

Back to top Go down
Lorenzo Campeggio
Bishop of Winchester
Lorenzo Campeggio

Queen's Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 9:15 pm

Campeggio enters the trial with slow steps.He takes his place next to Wolsey and looked at the hall.Henry and Katherine are in thrones at the front, facing each other.Campeggio invites Henry to speak first, and he lays out his case, which we’re already pretty familiar with.

Your Majesty, before all else you can talk..
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey Lonshord
Servant
Geoffrey Lonshord

Queen's Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 10:19 pm

Geoffrey entered in the Hall and took his place, standing next to King's throne. He looked around with serious face, ready to accompany some witness in front of Cardinals
Back to top Go down
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

Queen's Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 10:26 pm

Royce entered in the Hall. He reached silently his place and looked curiously around. He tried to catch some familiar face but he couldn't see, except Wolsey and the King. Then turned his eyes towards Cardinals and waited silently for Queen's arrival
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Queen's Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 10:35 pm

In spite of his doubts and hesitations, Thomas decided to join the Trial. He entered in the Hall and stared at the crowd. A servant showed him his place and he reached it silently. Then he turned his eyes towards the Queen, feeling anxious for Campeggio and Wolsey's decision...
Back to top Go down
Margaret Wyatt
Lady-in-waiting
Margaret Wyatt

Queen's Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 10:47 pm

Margaret reached Trial's Hall with her brother Thomas. As they reached their places, she noticed that Anthony was there too. She smiled at him and then turned quickly to Thomas, hoping he noticed nothing. After smiling weakly at him, she turned to King. She was looking admired at him...
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Queen's Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 10:55 pm

Henry felt suddenly nervous and confused. After Campeggio talked, he took a deep breath and needed to sit. Then he sat on his throne, allowing the crowd to sit too. He accumulated too much tension in previous days. After nodding at Geoffrey, who asked him if he was alright, he looked at the door. Katherine was coming inside...
Back to top Go down
White Royalsun
Queen of Alderia
White Royalsun

Queen's Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 1:05 am

She enters there silently and sits down, she is there because she wants the ebst for her heart sister Anne Boleyn and the love of her life king Henry, she knows how much her dearest heart sister loves him, them deserve to be happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/messages/100002043148502#!/profile.php?
Margaret of Austria
Duchess of Savoy
Margaret of Austria

Queen's Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 8:32 am

Margaret entered, despite her doubts and disgust she decided to postpone her departure and go to the trial to support her sister Catherine on this blackest day of her life. She saw her friend Thomas More and sat next to him, nodding grateful at him because he had decided to come, too. Then she turned her eyes to the throne where Catherine would sit, thankful that Catherine could see her and sir Thomas and hopefully would feel less alone by their supporting presence.
Back to top Go down
Cardinal John Fisher
Bishop of Winchester
Cardinal John Fisher

Queen's Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 8:50 am

Fisher entered and walked without hesitation to his place, in a corner close to queen Catherine. Before he sat down he bowed in respect before the king and nodded at the judges. While he turned around he saw his friend More. He nodded at him, thankful for his appearance and sat down, waiting calm for Catherine to arrive.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

Queen's Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 9:12 am

Norfolk sat on the first row, next to his friend Thomas Boleyn. Next to Boleyn was Charles Brandon and Thomas Cromwell. All sat close to the king to support him and Norfolk looked around to see who entered.
As bishop Fisher entered he smiled dismissive and whispered to Boleyn.

Look, the whole defence enters... he looked at the lonely man and then to Boleyn again, raising an eyebrow.
... this will be easy, tonight we drink on the divorce!
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

Queen's Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 9:58 am

Wolsey watched the people entering and felt strengtened as he saw his friends Emilie and queen White. He nodded discreet at them and noted with satisfaction that most people attending were on the side of the king. As bishop Fisher entered he sighed inaudible, this was a man not to be underestimated. He already thwarted the divorce before, while Wolsey tried to persuade the English bishops to decide the matter.

His excitement grew while he saw the expression on Henry´s face and he turned his eyes to the entrance again. Where was Catherine? Outside he heard the crowd clapping their hands, calling her name and someone screamed so loudly that they could hear it inside;
'Good Catherine! How she keeps herself standing! She will not yield!' He bowed his head as the people outside even clapped and screamed louder, while inside the silence became intolerable.
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Dowager Princess of Wales
Katherine of Aragon

Queen's Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 1:29 pm

The sudden change in atmospheres shocked me and unnerved me. I do not kno if it was deliberate, but as I walked up to my throne sitting opposite Henry, I saw they had all been waiting for me. I continued to walk, followed by my ladies Maria and Elizabeth, following close behind me. I can still hear the cries of the good, faithful English people, they calls echoing and reverberation from outside...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

Queen's Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 5:38 pm

"As Queen Katherine finally arrived, Charles stood up and bowed respectfully. While sitting again he looked at Emilie and smiled friendly at her. Then turned his eyes towards the King. He looked still proved. So he was wondering if he was able to speak in such conditions..."
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

Queen's Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 6:13 pm

Emilie look attentively to each people who enter, seeing Norfolk and Boleyn father entering together and sat near to Brandon, she smile to her friend Wolsey as he look at her, knowing that it could badly turn for him, then she turn as the queen Catherine enter the room, then she see Charles who look at her and smile to him, then she turn to the king too and wait for it began.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Queen's Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 11:03 pm

Thomas felt that someone was sitting next to him. Then turned his head and a surprised smile appeared on his face

Lady Margaret...

He whispered. Then squeezed softly her hand, meaning "Thanks for coming", and turned his eyes to judges again. The King was standing up to speak
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Queen's Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 11:24 pm

Once Katherine entered and sat in front of him, Henry looked at her for a long while. Then stood up and looked at crowd. He took a breath and started to speak

My beloved subjects, we're here to discuss about my marriage. To judge if it is valid...or not. After many troubles and with much pain...I have to consider it invalid. I married my brother's wife. And in Levitic, we can read that if a man marries his brother's wife...he will die without children! Indeed, I have not a son from Queen...

Henry paused, glanced fastly at her and turned to crowd again, continuing his speech

And...if someone could ask me why I waited for so long time before discussing this matter...well, I answer that it was the great love I bring to the Queen, who prevented me from doing that. She has been a good wife. But my conscience is troubled, and I can't live into sin anymore. For this reasons, this marriage never existed...

He stared silently around hall for a while, then he sat on his throne again. He could hear people whispering each other

Back to top Go down
Margaret of Austria
Duchess of Savoy
Margaret of Austria

Queen's Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 6:49 pm

Margaret gasped and squeezed More´s arm, shaking her head in disbelief. It was even worse than she expected. She looked in More´s eyes, stunned.

... never excisted! Like they were never married in the first place! He just denies his marriage which lasted twenty years! she whispered. Deeply moved she looked at Katherine´s pale face, feeling terribly sorry for her.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

Queen's Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 8:38 pm

Norfolk grinned and looked proudly at Boleyn.

Great speech! No one can deny he made his point very clear and that he is just right! He nodded approvingly at the king.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Queen's Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 10:38 pm

Margaret of Austria wrote:
Margaret gasped and squeezed More´s arm, shaking her head in disbelief. It was even worse than she expected. She looked in More´s eyes, stunned.

... never excisted! Like they were never married in the first place! He just denies his marriage which lasted twenty years! she whispered. Deeply moved she looked at Katherine´s pale face, feeling terribly sorry for her.

Thomas was staring at the KIng while he was talking. As Margaret whispered into his ear he took a deep breath

There are Boleyn's behind all this. I can't believe he is using Holy Scriptures to get his target...

He whispered back, glancing at her
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Queen's Trial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Queen's Trial
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next