The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Catherine Parr's bedchamber

Go down 
+3
White Royalsun
Catherine Parr
Charles Brandon
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Catherine Parr
Baroness Borough of Gainsborough
Catherine Parr

Catherine Parr's bedchamber - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine Parr's bedchamber   Catherine Parr's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 6:04 am

christmas and new years have passed and things in the palace are getting back to normal
or so i though it would seem that his majesty's great matter has not yet been resolved and
there is much discord in the palace . i do hope and pray that his great matter will resolve its self
in due course .

for now i will stay in my chambers and continue to read my bible and write in my journal
i wonder where my sister is i miss her so
Back to top Go down
Stephen Gardiner
Bishop of Winchester
Stephen Gardiner

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Parr's bedchamber   Catherine Parr's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 4:08 pm

*Stops by and knocks on Catherine Parr's chamber door*
Back to top Go down
Catherine Parr
Catherine Parr

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Parr's bedchamber   Catherine Parr's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 9:41 pm

i was told that Bishop Gardiner was knocking at the door of my chambers. so i excused myself from the Easter Celebration and walked back to my chambers. i wondered what he wanted? as i approach my chambers I saw him waiting for me at my door.

i approached him and said good evening to you your grace , so lovely to see you may i wish you a very Happy Easter. i asked him to what my i do for you your grace ? I invited him in to my chambers and to have a seat by the fireplace .

Back to top Go down
Stephen Gardiner
Bishop of Winchester
Stephen Gardiner

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Parr's bedchamber   Catherine Parr's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 10:12 pm

*As I enter Catherine Parr's chambers, I bow before her as she offers her hand for me to kiss. I sat by the warm fires near Catherine* ''Madam I have just arrived here at court early yesterday and wanted to see how you liking the court? Have you been to the Easter festivities in the Great Hall?
Back to top Go down
Catherine Parr
Catherine Parr

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Parr's bedchamber   Catherine Parr's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 5:23 am

He took my hand kissed in gently , i answered your grace my i be the first to welcome you to court . did you have a long journey your grace?

it is quite lovely here at court and everyone has been so nice to me i do love my chambers  and my ladies in waiting , why do you ask your grace is there something wrong ?  

could i offer you some wine ? is there anything that i can get you ? are you comfortable

i have been to the Easter Celebration and it has been quite the celebration his majesty does give a wonderful party more than anyone could ask for. How may i help you your grace ?
Back to top Go down
Stephen Gardiner
Bishop of Winchester
Stephen Gardiner

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Parr's bedchamber   Catherine Parr's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 5:47 pm

''Everything is fine, my dear lady Parr. And yes indeed I would like some wine.'' Lady Catherine Parr motions for one of the servants to pour a goblet of wine. I take a small sip of wine and set it on the nearby table next to me* ''I am quite comfortable and enjoy being here at court very much. His Majesty does indeed give wonderful parties here at court.''
Back to top Go down
Catherine Parr
Catherine Parr

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Parr's bedchamber   Catherine Parr's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 3:23 am

I reach goblet for the goblet and raise it !

I would like to make a toast ."To his majesty and queen Katherine or Aragon and to there continued good health. and to friendships may they grow with each passing day. and to your continued good health your grace god bless one and all "

we click the goblets and take a sip of wine.

I just love this time of year , don't you ? its such a lovely time when everything is new and the trees and flowers are starting to bud and come about everything is so fresh and the gardens seem to get more lovely every year don't you agree ?
Your grace was there anything else that you wanted to talk about with me? if i may how is his majestys great matter coming along i have heard talk in court .

I do hope that things get resolved for his majesty .

I sit by the fire with the bishop and wait for his reply , i take a sip of wine and gaze deep in to the fire
Back to top Go down
Catherine Parr
Catherine Parr

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Parr's bedchamber   Catherine Parr's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 6:49 am

the Bishop was still in my room i heard a knock at the door of my chambers it was a page one of my ladies let him in to my chambers . i asked him why he wanted to see me , he informed me that my husband Sir Edward Borough has just arrived at court and is in his Chambers .

i thanked him and proceeded to get ready to go meet him . it has been such a long time since i have seen him what ever should i wear? excited and nervous i felt deep inside.

Back to top Go down
Catherine Parr
Catherine Parr

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Parr's bedchamber   Catherine Parr's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 3:32 am

i left the party and i returned to my chambers i just wanted to sit in front of the fire
for a while . i have not see his grace charles brandon i do hope that he is well, and safe where ever he my be. it would be so nice to see him and have a game of cards with him.
Back to top Go down
Catherine Parr
Catherine Parr

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Parr's bedchamber   Catherine Parr's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 6:18 pm

I sit by the warm fire as I sip my drink. I remind myself to write to His Grace the Duke of Suffolk to enquire about his health
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Parr's bedchamber   Catherine Parr's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 7:02 pm

Joan heard that her mistress had now returned to Whitehall this made her very happy to hear. Her father had secured Joan a place in Baroness Parr's household when she first left home to come here.
Back to top Go down
Catherine Parr
Catherine Parr

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Parr's bedchamber   Catherine Parr's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 8:31 pm

I hear a knock upon my door "Enter" I call out, I rise from my chair to greet my visitor and smile as I see my dear lady in waiting walk into the room. It gladdens my heart to see her again as I walk towards her hands outstretched "Tis so good to see you again"
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Parr's bedchamber   Catherine Parr's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 3:52 pm

All was washed away when she saw the kindness in her mistresses eye's the complete faith in human beings she had always moved Joan. Catherine was like a mother attentive to others peoples feelings' not spooling hatred or dislike for another person. A woman whom Joan she wanted to be like. "Baroness Parr I can't even begin to explain how happy I am to be at your service once more. I trust all things are well with you my lady."
Back to top Go down
Catherine Parr
Catherine Parr

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Parr's bedchamber   Catherine Parr's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 4:31 pm

"All is well now I have you here with me" I pat her arm as I lead her towards the fireplace and notion for her to sit "Please do tell me how you have been"

Joan was someone that I could trust with my life, she was dedicated and it was so joyful to have her back by my side
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Parr's bedchamber   Catherine Parr's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 4:44 pm

The fireplace warmed the heels of her cold ankles that had grown cold in the short walk Joan took across the park. A few rain droplets still hung in her hair settling on the top a reminder of the rain showers that had been and gone. "My lady my day is even better now that I am in your presence."
Back to top Go down
Catherine Parr
Catherine Parr

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Parr's bedchamber   Catherine Parr's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 4:49 pm

"I was hoping you would return, I am sorry that my absence was longer than I had envisaged" I lean over and pour a goblet of wine for Joan as she seemed to need the warmth "Tell me how is your Family?" I enquire
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Parr's bedchamber   Catherine Parr's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 4:58 pm

"It's OK my lady you are here now." That was all that mattered having her mistress back seemed to keep her calm. It was not her place to pry where her lady had been but she hoped that she was happy wherever she had been. "I got married to a man called Anthony who is making his way up the ladder into a gentleman of the kings privy chamber." It was impossible for Joan to try to keep a straight face when she had been abandoned. For a year; keeping the suffering she went through to herself whilst the loneliness at away at her. The way a moth eats at a lady could dress when it's locked up in a cupboard together.
Back to top Go down
Catherine Parr
Catherine Parr

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Parr's bedchamber   Catherine Parr's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 5:02 pm

Oh my deepest congratulations on your marriage I embrace her tenderly I hope he brings you much happiness I smiled and wished dearly I had been there to see her marry
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Parr's bedchamber   Catherine Parr's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 5:18 pm

Catherine's arms were strong around Joan easy for her to rest her hurting head against shutting her eye's until all the spinning had stopped. How can one explain the debris of a broken down marriage simply because the other person got bored and decided to bugger off. "My lady; I would never wish to burden you with what troubles me. Shamefully the tunnel I am stuck in is getting darker and darker I am on my knees searching for a single ray of light." The marriage; Joan had with Anthony was a shambles. To the unbeknownst Joan had come with a pretty hefty dowry that would make any man comfortable to sit on his ass for the rest of his life. Anthony played Joan for a fool blinding her with the obsession every human falls in love. It was a whole year since Anthony was given the handsome sum of money and where was he now! His part of dutiful husbands well and truly over.
Back to top Go down
Catherine Parr
Catherine Parr

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Parr's bedchamber   Catherine Parr's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 5:22 pm

My dear Joan, you could never burden me I hold her hand Please let me help you if I can. As I look into her eyes I see the heartache that I too have experienced but it seems this hurt runs deep within her.
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Parr's bedchamber   Catherine Parr's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 5:27 pm

"As soon as he got his grubby little hands on my dowry he scarpered off to where nobody knows." Joan looked helplessly at her mistress. The money did not matter the only thing that did was her reputation did.
Back to top Go down
Catherine Parr
Catherine Parr

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Parr's bedchamber   Catherine Parr's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 5:31 pm

I shake my head in disbelief, how could a man treat this tender caring woman so bad but then most men are only after two things in life - money and sex.

Your reputation is safe I reply I refuse to hear anything said against you, you married in good faith he is the one who should be ashamed
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Parr's bedchamber   Catherine Parr's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 9:45 pm

Joan listened intently; her mistress was the kindest lady Joan had ever met; she would try and become more like her mistress in matters of kindness. My lady; you are full of compassion and kindness I shall try my uttermost to become like you in all my mannerisms. For never has there been a lady so fair and just.
Back to top Go down
Catherine Parr
Catherine Parr

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Parr's bedchamber   Catherine Parr's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 12:51 pm

I blush embarrassed at such kind words, I felt deeply for Joan's predicament and sadly it is something that us Ladies must endure being viewed as pawns in the games for power it is rare for a marriage to come from a love match

My dear Joan I smile You give me much credit and I thank you but you too are full of compassion

Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Parr's bedchamber   Catherine Parr's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 4:57 pm

Perhaps this was was the problem Joan felt too much sometimes feeling as much as Joan did often took over the normal day of life feelings. It is both a blessing and a curse to care so much for other humans. "Shall we go to the Easter party my lady? I think it would cheer us immensely."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Catherine Parr's bedchamber   Catherine Parr's bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Catherine Parr's bedchamber
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next