The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Bedroom

Go down 
+8
Katherine Tudor
Eleanor Brandon
Anne Boleyn
Geoffrey Lonshord
Mary Rose Tudor
Jane Bassett
Catherine Parr
Henry VIII of England
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

Bedroom - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 3:28 am

Mary watched him and looked surprised at his question, "you mean the poet?" She thought back trying to remember if she had seen him with Anne, "I did not spend much time with Anne until I came to court your majesty but I know that my cousin would never do anything not befitting of a lady."
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Bedroom - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 12:31 am

Henry grinned, still looking at chessboard

Hmm..I know, Mary. I know. She loves me. But there are many rumors at court about Anne and Wyatt. Or about Anne and Percy. I only wish to protect her by false accusations..

He smiled sadly, knowing that even Charles believed that such rumors were true
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

Bedroom - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 3:55 am

"I know only that Anne and Thomas Wyatt were friends, she is a great writer and they used to write together but I know nothing of this Percy. Who is that?" Mary answered with an innocent expression, she knew of her cousin's rumored men but she also knew that in order for Anne to become Queen she must appear innocent of it all.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Bedroom - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 1:01 am

Henry sighed and moved his pawn on chessboard

According to rumors, Anne married secretely a certain Henry Percy. But he was already engaged to Lady Mary Talbot. So Wolsey annulled the marriage and Percy married Mary Talbot. But..I know very well that Anne is still pure. I don't believe at all this..
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

Bedroom - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 1:04 am

Mary heard his words and gasped almost dropping the pawn in her hand, "the rumors say that?" Then she slammed the piece down harder than she meant to as she spoke, "who starts such rumors? They must be the most hateful people, the things said about you, about Anne, about Francis." As soon as his name came out of her mouth Mary froze then quickly stopped talking with her head lowered as if she was concentrating on her next move.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Bedroom - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 12:31 am

Henry was about to move another piece, but he frowned suddenly

Who is Francis?

He asked curiously
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

Bedroom - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 1:18 am

Mary's face paled and she spoke softly, "I was speaking of my friend Francis Bryan. I meet him here at court and I have heard many terrible things about him but I do not think them to be true."
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Bedroom - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 12:27 am

Henry opened his eyes wide. He frowned but after a while he couldn't help to laugh

Francis Bryan? Terrible things? Like what?

He asked
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

Bedroom - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 12:50 am

"He is called a ladies man, said to use woman and then to scorn them afterwards but he has only been a perfect gentleman to me until...." Her voice faded as she was not willing to tell him more. The memory of their kiss was one she guarded but she knew that if the King demanded she would have to confess to it. "Francis was the first one I met when I came here."
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Bedroom - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 12:19 am

Henry listened her with attention. He didn't hide a teasing smile

My court is full of womanizers, Mary. Charles is one of them. And I heard that sir Francis..is a busy man as well..

He made his next move before raising his glance to her. He was very curious to know why she didn't finish her sentence

Until what, my lady?
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

Bedroom - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 2:20 am

Mary's hands fumbled when he asked her to know until what. Her face went bright red and she bit her bottom lip hard. Lowering her head so her long blond hair covered her face from his view Mary spoke so softly it was almost a whisper, "until he kissed me." Then she brought her hands to her lap hoping he would not ask more about their relationship.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Bedroom - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 11:45 pm

Henry grinned

Hmm..a kiss. What's a kiss? A way to keep two souls in touch before bodies meet. God..I'm becoming romantic. Do not tell to Anne, please..

He chuckled and made his move on chessboard

So why are you worried, Mary? You're a very beautiful girl. I'm not surprised that you caught Sir Francis's eyes..
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

Bedroom - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 1:34 am

"I am worried because I care about him deeply and I don't see myself as beautiful as some of the other ladies at court. He surely desires a woman while I am just a girl." Mary sighed but then laughed softly, "I think Anne would like romantic you. And a kiss, our kiss was magic. It touched me from the tip of my head down to my toes and all places in between. That one kiss made me want things that I ought not to think about."
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Bedroom - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 12:15 am

Henry raised an eyebrow

Hmm..really? It seems you're in love, Mary. Deeply in love. You're young and unexperienced. Perhaps Francis loves this side of you..

He winked teasingly waiting for her next move
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

Bedroom - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 1:54 am

Mary felt her cheeks burning red as she blushed at his words.  "I dare not say that word when I talk about him.  I have deep feelings for him but I am young and inexperienced, he has been nothing but kind to me.  Is it love when you crave their company above all others?"  Mary asked him as she looked up into his face.  "I do hope he has feelings for me as well."
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Bedroom - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 12:25 am

Henry took a deep breath

It can be love. Or maybe just lust. Only the time will make you understand which are your real feelings, Mary. Does Francis knows that you're Anne's cousin?

He asked
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

Bedroom - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 1:07 am

Mary nodded to his majesty then stared at him, "I do not remember if I told him if Anne is my cousin or not. So much has happened since we first met. Why do you think he would treat me differently knowing that?" She thought about his comment about love and lust, she knew in her mind it was more than just lust.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Bedroom - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 12:29 am

Henry shrugged

Maybe. You're part of the family, Mary. If Francis has serious intentions with you, I need to know. And you need my permission to marry him. I don't know if you're aware about that..but he had a very long relationship with Charles's sister, lady Eleanor Brandon..

He said, noticing that she was rather naive
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

Bedroom - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 1:37 am

Mary's face paled when he mentioned Francis and marriage and she started to take long deep breaths before she answered him, "Francis and I have never spoken about the future but have just been spending time getting to know each other as friends. He has not spoken of his past but I never asked. He has only been a gentleman to me but I will not lie and say that I do not wish that he wanted to marry me. If he ever mentioned it to me I would come to you straight away your majesty but I am merely a girl, surely he wants to marry a woman."
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Bedroom - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 12:25 am

Henry smiled

If Francis wants to marry you, I'll talk with him to see if he is really worthy of you. You're Anne's cousin. And I just want the best for you..

He said with a small grin
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

Bedroom - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 12:30 am

"You are very kind your majesty, I thank you. I care about him deeply as I have never anyone else." Mary smiled at him, "Anne is very lucky to be loved by you."
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Bedroom - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 12:53 am

Henry smiled again

As I told you, we'll marry secretely. And I'm also planning to go to France after Easter. So I can introduce Anne to King Francis as my wife and new Queen of England. Of course you can come with us..

He added moving the horse on chessboard
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

Bedroom - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 12:58 am

Mary watched his move and nodded, "I would be honored to come with you and Anne. France is a beautiful place."
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Bedroom - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 1:05 am

Henry smiled

Yes, it is. And sir Francis can come too, of course. Uhm..the whole court will move to France! It will be a great event and there will be great celebrations. Even my fool will come..

He grinned
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

Bedroom - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 1:40 am

Mary grinned at him thinking of the fun they would have in France but she knew now she would have to play carefully as the King might be watching her and Francis together now. "This trip sounds like great fun."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bedroom - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bedroom
Page 10 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next