The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Bedroom

Go down 
+8
Katherine Tudor
Eleanor Brandon
Anne Boleyn
Geoffrey Lonshord
Mary Rose Tudor
Jane Bassett
Catherine Parr
Henry VIII of England
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Anne Boleyn
Queen of England
Anne Boleyn

Bedroom - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 9:15 pm

Anne suprised. She looked at the door.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

She took a deep breath and left

Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

Bedroom - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 4:47 am

Having received an invitation to meet his majesty Mary was very nervous but she tried desperately to hide it as she dressed in her best dress then nervously went to his chambers. Standing at his door she bowed her head to the King's servants and whispered, "His majesty is expecting me."
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Bedroom - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 11:57 pm

Henry was watching outside window with his arms behind his back. As the servant whispered to him about lady Howard, he nodded

Let her come in. And leave us..

He ordered with firm voice
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

Bedroom - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 3:54 am

Mary stepped into the king's room quietly but with wide eyes. She had never thought to be here, this is where the King of England sleeps.  Not speaking but looking around she watched his servant leave shutting the door behind him then gazed at the King.  He looked just as he had been described, a handsome young man but were the rumors of him true?  Mary knew that she did not believe the ones about Francis but she had yet to learn about the King.

Dropping down into a curtsy in front of him Mary remained there quietly with her head bowed in respect waiting to be given permission to speak.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Bedroom - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 12:30 am

Henry turned his head and looked at her. He took two steps towards her, and with a gesture of his hand he allowed her to raise from her curtsie

Lady Howard..I was waiting for you. Tell me..how long are you at court?

He asked with a weak grin
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

Bedroom - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 6:29 pm

"Your majesty." She spoke softly as she gracefully stood up then turned her eyes on him. "I am here to serve my cousin, Lady Anne so I shall be at court as long as you wish." She gave him a smile but nervously twisted her hands in front of her. "You were waiting for me? How can I serve my King?"
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Bedroom - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 12:35 am

Henry smiled. He nodded and showed her the sofa

Just keep me company for tonight. So..you are Anne's cousin. I heard about Howard's. Especially about Howard ladies. Thomas Boleyn told me thay that are very passionate, once. While you look rather shy, lady Mary..

He poured a goblet of wine for himself
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

Bedroom - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 12:53 am

Mary nodded to him still nervous as she walked over to sit on the sofa he pointed to, "I am her cousin but my Uncle speaks more of Anne and Mary,his daughters when he talks of such matters. He does not know me very well and I would say I am the shy one of the group. I have been in the country till I joined this court." She found herself talking very fast but when she looked up she saw the King's face and it made her cheeks burn red. She was so close to him that she might touch him if she wished but instead she rambled on, "I have heard many rumors about you, and I so wanted to meet you. I was advised to do so as the rumors do not do you any justice."
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Bedroom - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 12:07 am

Henry handed her a goblet of wine and sat next to her holding his in his hand. He couldn't avoid to smile

Rumors? What kind of rumors have you heard, my lady?

Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

Bedroom - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 3:20 am

Mary took the wine from him carefully trying to hide her nervousness better. "There are many who say that you are overstepping yourself and that you are just going to end up replacing my cousin with another when you are tired of her." She whispered, "but I do not believe such people, I think your Majesty knows what he is doing. I have learned that many rumors are just idle talk." She thought of Francis and without thinking a large smile played on her face.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Bedroom - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 12:25 am

Henry grinned after hearing her words. He shrugged turning his eyes around room. He felt a little annoyed by this comment

So..this is what people at court think about me and Anne. Humm..they don't know me. And very soon they will change their mind..

He took a sip of wine quickly, showing anger in his movements. Then he took a breath to calm down and looked at her

What about you, lady Mary? Are you married?
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

Bedroom - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 1:19 am

"I think they are all wrong, all my cousin says is loving things about you and I know one of your gentlemen who speaks very highly of you." Mary cringed as the King was obviously angry and she did not have a clue how to calm him.

With her head down she whispered to him, "I am not married your majesty, my family has not arranged any marriage for me. I am just here to serve my cousin, my Queen."
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Bedroom - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 12:44 am

Henry smiled

I'm not angry with you, Mary. Only..with stupid people who still judge Anne! Anyway..you're young and beautiful. I guess you'll find a good husband soon..

He said and took another sip of wine
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

Bedroom - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 1:36 am

Mary nodded to him while Francis was in the back of her mind but would not have dared to mention his name in front of the King so she just sipped her wine as she looked around the room. "I have been told of the great things that your Majesty has done too, I choose only to listen to those things."
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Bedroom - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 12:10 am

Henry grinned

Great things? Like what?

He asked and took another sip, not leaving his eyes from her
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

Bedroom - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 12:22 am

Mary felt his eyes on her and she fought her nerves as she spoke, "I have read many things your majesty has written and some of the songs you have composed are my favorite. That is a great talent and then you are taking charge of your country." Her voice grew softer as she continued, "you need to make sure you have a son and heir."
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Bedroom - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 12:42 am

Henry smiled again. His eyes were on his glass now

I know..and your cousin will give me a son. I'm planning our marriage. We'll do it secretely. And after that, no one can talk bad about Anne anymore. But..I'm please you read my poems. I also love to play chess. Do you like chess, my lady?

He asked turning his glance on her
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

Bedroom - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 5:26 am

Mary saw the King smile and breathed in a sigh of relief that he was no longer angry. "I love to play chess your Majesty. Shall we play now?"
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Bedroom - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:50 am

Henry nodded, showing a pleased smile

Of course! I never play with ladies..but I accept your challange. Follow me..

He stood up and walked towards table. There was already a chessboard on it. He looked at her before sitting

Black or White? I'll let you choose..

Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

Bedroom - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 1:16 am

Taking her wine with her Mary walked over to the chessboard and sat down by the white pieces. "I do not think I will be much of a challenge for someone as talented as you your Majesty but I shall try."
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Bedroom - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 12:30 am

Henry chuckled and sat in front of her, ready to lead the black pieces

I like to see how women fight for victory. Especially..if beautiful like you are, Mary. First move his yours..

He said with a gentle gesture of his hand
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

Bedroom - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 3:40 am

Mary laughed softly, she was enjoying his company and she sat down pondering for a moment before she picked up one of her pieces moving it slowly then looking up at the King. "So what else does your majesty like to do to relax?"
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Bedroom - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 12:23 am

Henry leaned both his elbows on the table and joined his hands under his chin. He looked at the chessboard before turning his glance to her

Hmm..many things. I love riding and hunting. Usually I do such things with the Duke of Suffolk. But recently..I'm doing the same things with your cousin Anne. Isn't it amazing?

He grinned and moved his black pawn, in response to her white one
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

Bedroom - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 1:53 am

"I think you will find that my cousin is quite skilled as a rider. She has always been good at many things." Mary studied the board then hesitantly made her next move.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

Bedroom - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 12:31 am

Henry looked at her while thinking at her next move

You know her better than me, Mary. I need to know..my future wife's secrets. What do you know about her..friendship with Thomas Wyatt?

He asked suddenly. Then he moved his horse on chessboard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bedroom - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bedroom   Bedroom - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bedroom
Page 9 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next