The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Wolsey´s reception room

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

Wolsey´s reception room Empty
PostSubject: Wolsey´s reception room   Wolsey´s reception room I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 8:26 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Geoffrey Lonshord
Servant
Geoffrey Lonshord

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey´s reception room   Wolsey´s reception room I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 8:24 pm

Geoffrey entered in the room and bowed deeply in front of the Cardinal

Your Eminence...Emperor's ambassador, Ambassador Mendoza, it's here and wishes to see you...

He announced
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey´s reception room   Wolsey´s reception room I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 10:38 pm

Wolsey looked up from his papers, frowning a little, the Spanish ambassador? What could he possibly want, the peace being restored without English influence...
He nodded at Geoffrey.
'Master Geoffrey, send him in, please.'
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey Lonshord
Servant
Geoffrey Lonshord

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey´s reception room   Wolsey´s reception room I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 9:43 pm

Geoffrey nodded and let the Ambassador coming inside, leaving silently the room
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey´s reception room   Wolsey´s reception room I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 10:35 pm

Inigo walked inside Cardinal's study and bowed

Your Eminence...
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey´s reception room   Wolsey´s reception room I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 6:47 pm

Wolsey approached him to let him kiss his ring, then smiled and invited him to sit down.
´Ambassador Mendoza, it´s a pleasure to see you in good health! Please, sit down, can I offer you a drink? A fruit juice, or perhaps some water? If you like, I have a nice wine for you too, a Spanish one, as a matter of fact.'
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey´s reception room   Wolsey´s reception room I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 10:36 pm

Inigo walked until the chair and sat down. He nodded with a smile

Some water will be enough for me, gracias. I'm glad to see you too, Cardinal. I just arrived in England yesterday...

He answered, looking at him with a kind glance
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey´s reception room   Wolsey´s reception room I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 8:03 am

Wolsey sat back again and waited for the servant to pour two goblets with water. After he left, Wolsey spoke again.
'Only yesterday? I hope you had a good yourney, for I myself am not so fond of travelling by sea.' he smiled faintly.

'How is the Emperor, is he in good health?' he informed, curious about the mission he had been given.
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey´s reception room   Wolsey´s reception room I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 9:02 pm

Inigo nodded and took a sip from water

My lord is fine, Eminence...thank you. I'm here to meet his aunt, indeed. And...to support her for her sister in law's loss. I'm very sorry for poor Princess...

He answered, looking around room
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey´s reception room   Wolsey´s reception room I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 9:58 am

Wolsey nodded, frowning deeply.
'Yes, these are hard times for Her Majesty... and for the whole Kingdom.' he spoke and stared at his goblet for a while, before he took a sip.
'Luckily there is peace once again between our countries!' he said, looking meaningful at the ambassador.
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey´s reception room   Wolsey´s reception room I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 10:31 pm

Inigo nodded, understanding what he meant

Yes...thank God, peace is restored. And I assure you that my lord wishes to stay in peace with England for a very long time...

He answered kindly, looking at him
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey´s reception room   Wolsey´s reception room I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 8:59 pm

He looked at him, not totally reassured.
'I am so pleased to hear this. Peace means stability and economic growth.... both things we can rejoice in these turbulent times.'

He lapsed into silence, looking at him now and then.
'So Spanish... interference in our English domestic affairs is out of the question?' he smiled friendly but held his breath.
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey´s reception room   Wolsey´s reception room I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 10:05 pm

Inigo smiled while lowering his eyes, knowing again what he meant

If you mean...that Emperor has no intentions to invade England, then no, Cardinal. There are no interferences anymore. But surely, he expects from the King that his aunt will be well treated...

He added, raising his eyes to him
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey´s reception room   Wolsey´s reception room I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 1:08 pm

'Of course she is well-treated, well, you will find out yourself when you speak with her. However, I should warn you she no longer accompanies the king in formal occassions like she used to do untill... very recently.'

His smile disappeared and he frowned while he took another sip.
'... there is another wind to blow, Your Grace... and I don't know what that will bring.' he spoke softly, raising his eyes to him.
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey´s reception room   Wolsey´s reception room I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 8:56 pm

Inigo frowned after he spoke. He stopped drinking and looked at him

Another wind? What do you mean, Your Eminence?

He asked curiously, wondering what he meant
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey´s reception room   Wolsey´s reception room I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 9:20 am

Wolsey sighed deeply and stood up, restless. He walked to the window and stared outside for a while, then turned around and looked at him.
'Listen, my friend. Henry wants this divorce... and he will get it, one way or the other. Even if that means... breaking with Rome.' he swallowed hard.

'It's not just Anne, who he wants to marry to get his long-awaited son. Her family is getting stronger and influence Henry, they want her to marry him and rule the country by her. I fear the results, because they are no catholics in heart and soul... except for Norfolk, but he is too ambitious to fight for the conservation of the true faith and only cares about power. One thing I can assure you though, old times are over and never come back...'
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey´s reception room   Wolsey´s reception room I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 9:12 pm

Inigo listened him carefully. He was right, after all. So he nodded slowly, before replying

I know, Cardinal. And...I can assure you that my lord the Emperor hates Reformer deeply. Spain is the most catholic country in Europe. So...on this point we both agree completely, at least...

He answered trying to smile, thinking at consequences of breaking with Rome
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey´s reception room   Wolsey´s reception room I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 11:20 am

Wolsey looked him straight in the eyes, frowning deeply.
'I know Spain is a true catholic country... but I want you to remember, no matter what happens, that Henry is a true catholic as well, in heart and soul. The Pope once granted him the title "Defender of the Faith" and no matter how... temporarily blinded he can be, he earned this title and will always act upon it.'

He came closer to him and sollicitated.
'Whatever happens, please make sure the Emperor never turns his back to England!'
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey´s reception room   Wolsey´s reception room I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 11:03 pm

Inigo noticed that the Cardinal was rather agitated. He nodded slowly and stood up

As I told you, Your Eminence...my lord the Emperor considers your King as an uncle. And...because of the big love and respect for his aunt, he will never turn his back to him...

He answered with firm voice in his spanish accent, not sure of having reassured him or not
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey´s reception room   Wolsey´s reception room I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 8:04 am

Wolsey stared at him. He felt his sincerity but he was not reassured.
Slowly he sat back in his chair, rubbing his eyebrows. Everything got out of hand and he was no longer able to put things to his advantage. Soon the family ties would be broken and Charles would no longer feel obliged to Henry.
Finally he looked up and looked wearily at him.

´Do you have a message for me from the Emperor? Is there anything I can do?'
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey´s reception room   Wolsey´s reception room I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 10:25 pm

Inigo took a deep breath and looked at his anxious face. It was evident that the Cardinal was living troubled days

Yes...Cardinal. My lord simply asks you not to interfere in Queen's privacy anymore. As her only confident, I'm aware that...Your Eminence reads her letters. Private documents...that only my lord Emperor Charles should read. Or at least...it happened in the past. My lord trusts in your discretion, Cardinal Wolsey...

He explained, trying to add a smile at the end of his sentence, and holding his hat in his hand
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey´s reception room   Wolsey´s reception room I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 11:04 am

Wolsey sighed deeply and lowered his eyes, biting his lips. It was no secret that he opened the Queen's messages, but he could never explain to the Spanish ambassador the necessity of controlling her actions to protect Englands interests. She was loved by the English people but Spanish in her heart...

'I stopped reading her messages long before trial started.' he spoke softly and with difficulty.

He frowned deeply. He could not tell him he even stopped spying on her by her ladies-in-waiting, only because he wanted her to be surrounded by loyal, lovingly and reliable ladies during these hard times for her.
He sighed and raised his eyes to him.

'You can assure your Lord that she can communicate freely with him, as long as Spanish inverference is out of the question in these... turbuient times.'
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey´s reception room   Wolsey´s reception room I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 10:45 pm

Inigo listened him carefully. At least, he admitted his mistakes. He nodded slowly

I have no doubts about that, Cardinal. My lord appreciate people who admit their faults. You're an honest man...devoted to his Church and his King. The Emperor knows that...

He answered, showing his diplomatic abilities
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey´s reception room   Wolsey´s reception room I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 8:42 pm

Wolsey squinted his eyes but did not reply immediately.
Admitting a fault.... reading her documents was not a fault but a necessity and if he could turn back the time, he would do it again. Experience proved his right, she was too influenced by her Spanish advisors and Charles betrayed her more than once for trusting him - and therewith the whole English country. Reading her letters made it possible for him to prevent worse.

He sighed deeply and looked at him.
'I am a devoted man indeed... to the Church and to my King. I allways acted in his interest and preferred diplomacy to war, as the Emperor knows indeed.'

He frowned and added.
'... but my days are counted, my friend. I only hope the relationship between my and your Lord will remain friendly.'
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey´s reception room   Wolsey´s reception room I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 9:17 pm

Inigo nodded again while he was talking

Of course...I know you read them having the best intentions, but...

He stopped suddenly after hearing his last sentence. He frowned and turned to him with curious eyes

Your days are counted? What do you mean, Eminence?

He asked, perplexed. Surely he knew that the Cardinal had many enemies at court. Maybe he feared for his own life?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey´s reception room   Wolsey´s reception room I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wolsey´s reception room
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next