The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Ambassador Mendoza's bedroom

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Francis Bryan
Gentleman of the Royal Household
Francis Bryan

Ambassador Mendoza's bedroom - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ambassador Mendoza's bedroom   Ambassador Mendoza's bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 6:24 am

I entered the office, taking a quick look around. I hadn't been here last time I visited with Mendoza, but I hoped we would still be on friendly terms. I smiled at the ambassador and gave a small bow. "Excellency, you asked to see me?"
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Ambassador Mendoza's bedroom   Ambassador Mendoza's bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 11:18 pm

Inigo stood up once he saw the gentleman entering his room. He smiled and showed him the sofa

Yes, sir Francis. Please, make yourself comfortable and have a sit. I just...need talking with you about something. Can I offer you something to drink?

He asked friendly
Back to top Go down
Francis Bryan
Francis Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Ambassador Mendoza's bedroom   Ambassador Mendoza's bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 3:44 am

I went in and made myself comfortable on the sofa, feeling a bit more at ease. "No thank you," I said as he offered a drink. "I'm curious as to what you wanted to see me about."
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Ambassador Mendoza's bedroom   Ambassador Mendoza's bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 11:37 pm

Inigo sat next to him and nodded

Bueno. I received a letter from the King of Navarre, my lord. He talks about a...relationship between you and his sister, Quiteria de Navarra. He asked me to investigate about that. So...what would you say about such matter, sir Francis?

He asked, looking at his face to see his reaction
Back to top Go down
Francis Bryan
Francis Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Ambassador Mendoza's bedroom   Ambassador Mendoza's bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 3:26 am

I rose an eyebrow at the mention of Quiteria, whom I hadn't been involved with in some time, though I did miss her. "Yes, I knew the princess, we were on friendly terms. I hear she's recently wed."
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Ambassador Mendoza's bedroom   Ambassador Mendoza's bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 12:15 am

Inigo nodded thoughtfully and rubbed softly his chin

Yes...I'm aware of that, my lord. But her brother seems worried about her reputation. There are rumors about Princess's pregnancy. If they were true, it would be a scandal...

He looked at his face to catch his expression
Back to top Go down
Francis Bryan
Francis Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Ambassador Mendoza's bedroom   Ambassador Mendoza's bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 1:56 am

I smirked, crossing my arms. "And why would a pregnancy cause a scandal? Has she admitted a father other than her husband?" I got the feeling he was trying to get me to admit to something, but I'd be damned if I was going to help ruin relations between England and Spain.
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Ambassador Mendoza's bedroom   Ambassador Mendoza's bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 12:18 am

Inigo frowned and shook his head

Oh no...she said nothing. But when she came back to Navarre...she was already pregnant. And I find it difficult sleeping with someone who lives in a different country. So...I have to ask you if you had carnal contact with the Princess, sir Francis..

He said putting his hands together and waiting anxiously for an answer
Back to top Go down
Francis Bryan
Francis Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Ambassador Mendoza's bedroom   Ambassador Mendoza's bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 8:31 pm

"I must ask why the fingers are being pointed at me. It could have been anyone here at court." I replied.
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Ambassador Mendoza's bedroom   Ambassador Mendoza's bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 12:34 am

Inigo smiled as kindly as he could. He raised his hands shooking slowly his head

I'm not accusing you, my lord. But the King of Navarre himself heard rumors about a secret relationship between you and the Princess. If spanish royal family finds out that she is carrying a bastard...your bastard, then maybe someone could wish to revenge her honour..

He explained, trying to understand if he was really involded or not
Back to top Go down
Francis Bryan
Francis Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Ambassador Mendoza's bedroom   Ambassador Mendoza's bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 5:21 pm

I took a deep breath before deciding how to reply. "The princess and I had a secret in the fact that we had an affection for each other.." Knowing I would be harming Quiteria's reputation if I denied it any further, I leaned forward and caught Mendoza's eye.

"What would happen if indeed she was carrying my bastard?"
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Ambassador Mendoza's bedroom   Ambassador Mendoza's bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 12:08 am

Inigo took a deep breath and looked directly at him

I won't hide you the truth, my lord. The King of Navarre...could decide to condamn you to death. For treason. Even if you're not his subject, the adultey has been committed in this court. The Princess was guest here..

He noticed his words were scaring him. So he added quickly

Oh...or maybe, he could decide to talk with King Henry to ask your banishment from court...
Back to top Go down
Francis Bryan
Francis Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Ambassador Mendoza's bedroom   Ambassador Mendoza's bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 5:16 pm

I was aghast, not knowing how far this had come. I could have kicked myself for being so reckless with that woman. "Well, I much prefer banishment over execution," I said trying to make light of it, though inside I was shaking. "But if I am to be banished, how long will it be for?"
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Ambassador Mendoza's bedroom   Ambassador Mendoza's bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 11:51 pm

Ingo shrugged and raised his eyes to ceiling

Ohh...who knows what's in King Henry's mind? He banished his closest friends for the same reasons. But since you haven't seduced his sister, at least...he can be merciful. By the way, I heard enough to write a report for the King of Navarre. Gracias for coming, sir Francis. It's enough...

He smiled and showed him the door with his hand
Back to top Go down
Francis Bryan
Francis Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Ambassador Mendoza's bedroom   Ambassador Mendoza's bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 7:45 pm

I stared blankly at Mendoza, for awhile, then came to my senses and stood, bowed to him and promptly left. For the first time in my life I could not talk my way out of something...
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Ambassador Mendoza's bedroom   Ambassador Mendoza's bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 12:12 am

Inigo bowed with his head when sir Francis stood up. Once he left, he took a breath and started writing a letter to King Henry of Navarre. He knew the KIng was expecting a report about such interrogatory
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ambassador Mendoza's bedroom   Ambassador Mendoza's bedroom - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ambassador Mendoza's bedroom
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2