The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria

Go down 
+18
Anthony Knivert
Charlotte Rosenauer
Thomas Cromwell
Catherine Willoughby
Margaret Wyatt
Amanda Brown
Charles Brandon
Jane Bassett
Anne Boleyn
Jane Parker
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Henry VIII of England
Richard Meyer
Felicity Beryl
Nan Saville
Diane de Poitiers
Eleanor Mendoza
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria Empty
PostSubject: Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria   Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 8:53 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Wolsey entered the Great Hall, inspecting the last preparations. Even though Henry had lots on his mind, the normal receptions should go on and the King of Bavaria was visiting English court with his wife and soon to be installed Queen.
He frowned deeply while he rearranged some napkins. the future Queen of Bavaria was related to Queen Katherine and she would probably expect her to attend. Meanwhile, Anne was back at court and accompanied Henry at every occasion.

In any case, the English hospitality was exhibited in splendor and Henry was at his best as a host and proud ruler. Wolsey nodded at a passing servant and smiled vaguely.
A party like this was the best way to distract and relax Henry's troubled mind. And he would make sure that everyone had a good time to forget the current concerns, if only for a moment.

Everything was ready and he made his way to the door to receive the guests personally.
Back to top Go down
Eleanor Mendoza
Queen of Bavaria
Eleanor Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria   Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 3:00 pm

Eleanor was waiting in their private room to someone lead them to Great Hall. For the dinner which's organized by Cardinal Wolsey for Richard and her. She was so excited. It was her first time in public as Richard's wife and future queen of Bavaria. She looked at Richard and smiled. A servant came into room and said that they should go to Great Hall. They walked to Great hall with them. Cardinal was waiting at the door for them. Eleanor smiled softly and bowed with her head.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria   Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 8:11 pm

I walk into the great hall dressed in a gown of green silk and trimmed with cloth of gold-a gift from my mother. I smile as I enter the hall and adjust my delicate cold head piece and then notice the Queen of Bavaria. I sweep a deep curtsey and whisper,"Your Majesty."

She is very pretty but looks dangerous-her eyes seem like hooks for ones soul, she draws you in. Although Elizabeth senses a somewhat frailty to her-she was very young. Probably just a little older than Elizabeth who was nineteen.
Back to top Go down
Nan Saville
Duchess of Naverre
Nan Saville

PostSubject: Re: Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria   Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 8:23 pm

Nan heard the dinner whichs organized for king and queen of bavaria by Wolsey at great hall. She'd like to see them.She knew everyones gonna be there to greet them. She wore one of her best dresses and walked into hall. She saw the young, excited future queen of Bavaria. She seemed nervous. It must be hard to prepare herself to be a queen. She caught her eyes and smiled a bit. She curtsied all of them kindly "Your majesties..." she said and walked to a table. She saw Elizabeth and walked next to her . "Elizabeth hey! I liked your dress" she said sweetly.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria   Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 8:26 pm

I hear someone say my name and I spin round,"Nan!"

I smile and embrace her kindly,"Thank you! Oh how are you-you look wonderful? Your dress I fear is far more beautiful than mine."

I take a goblet and sip it-the wine is delicious...not the usual. It may be from Bavaria-I glance to the future queen again and smile.
Back to top Go down
Nan Saville
Duchess of Naverre
Nan Saville

PostSubject: Re: Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria   Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 8:46 pm

Nan smiled kindly. "Thanks Bess" She took herself a goblet of wine too. Its taste was different than others. Maybe it was special ones for guests. She took another sip from it and looked back at Elizabeth "She looks nervous, doesnt she? But she's pretty" she said glancing at Queen of Bavaria.But she couldnt see Queen Katherine around yet.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria   Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 8:51 pm

I smile as she calls me 'Bess',"Yes she is and you are right she does look nervous. I wonder what it would be like-marrying a king...would it be exciting or terrifying?"

I take a gulp of wine and add,"I know what Edward meant in the letter now-he visited me..."
Back to top Go down
Nan Saville
Duchess of Naverre
Nan Saville

PostSubject: Re: Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria   Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 8:57 pm

Nan tried to imagine marrying a king. That was what Anne desires. She sighed and tried to smile. "I couldnt even have a normal marriage life, i cant imagine what kinda feeling it would be married with a king" she said and took a sip from her wine again. She liked it more. "Oh, what was that he meant can i ask, if its not... private" she said.
Back to top Go down
Felicity Beryl
Duchess of Sutherland
Felicity Beryl

PostSubject: Re: Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria   Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 9:12 pm

Felicity walked in behind Eleanor wearing a deep purple gown, and she looked around at how amazing the hall was. She walked behind the Queen until they where sat down, and she sat down at a table and took a goblet of wine, taking in the wonderful view around her.

Last edited by Felicity Beryl on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eleanor Mendoza
Queen of Bavaria
Eleanor Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria   Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 9:15 pm

Eleanor kept on walking towards to table whichs prepared for two kings and two queens. She took a deep breath and bowed everyone around them, curtsying deeply. She held Richard's hand tightly while walking. She noticed two ladies looking at her and smiling. She smiled back kindly and sat on her chair.
Back to top Go down
Richard Meyer
King of Bavaria
Richard Meyer

PostSubject: Re: Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria   Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 9:17 pm

Richard walked into Great Hall with Eleanor by his side. He felt so proud to show her at english court. He could finally introduce her as his future Queen. They reached the royal table and kept on looking around

It seems that everyone is looking at your beauty, my love...

He whispered into her ear, still holding her hand and without stop smiling. He was waiting for Henry to reach them

Last edited by Richard Meyer on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eleanor Mendoza
Queen of Bavaria
Eleanor Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria   Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 9:21 pm

Eleanor tried not to get her cheeks red after Richard's word. Of course he was her husband but she was not used to hear that kinda things from a man. Especially not in public, in front of many people in great hall. She smiled with excitement and sat next to his husband. She didnt feel like she could eat something. She just took a sip from her wine cause she was so thirsty
Back to top Go down
Richard Meyer
King of Bavaria
Richard Meyer

PostSubject: Re: Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria   Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 9:30 pm

Richard sat next to her and let a servant to pour him a goblet of red wine. He turned to Eleanor and smiled happily. Then leaned on her ear again

I heard that King Henry is in mourning for his sister. So probably...he will be late...

He whispered with soft voice, looking around and nodding to people around them

Last edited by Richard Meyer on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria   Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 10:12 pm

Henry came in the Great Hall after a servant announced him. While everyone was bowing deeply, he walked with firm steps towards Richard and his bride. He smiled and hugged him

Welcome to my court! I was waiting for your arrival with joy. Feel yourself at home...

He patted softly his shoulder and turned to Eleanor. He took her hand and kissed it gently

Madame...welcome in England. Your husband and your country are vey lucky, having a such beautiful future Queen...
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria   Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 10:15 pm

"I am to be a lady in waiting for Lady Anne Boleyn. Edward secured me a place in her household for…when she is Queen. Edward says it is only a matter of time now,"I say as I sip my wine,"I had hoped it would be better news but I guess I should be rather pleased to have a position so close to her."

As The King comes into the hall I bow deeply and then turn to Nan and giggle.
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria   Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 10:27 pm

Inigo heard that his cousin Eleanor was at english court with her husband. He couldn't miss to greet her, and decided to join the Great Hall. A party was arranged for them by King Henry himself. He entered and bowed deeply at royal couple. They were already greeting Henry

Your Majesty...dear cousin...

He smiled warmly at Eleanor and waited silently for his turn to greet them
Back to top Go down
Eleanor Mendoza
Queen of Bavaria
Eleanor Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria   Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 10:43 pm

Eleanor nodded after her husband's words and she drank from her wine more. She was watching hall silently. Everyone was watching them too. Richard didnt bother at all but Eleanor was not used to that. King of England walked into hall and everyone deeply bowed him. Eleanor looked at him carefully and put a nice smile on her lips. He was really nice and handsome like she's been told. "Your majesties are more gracious and nice than i've been ever told" she said with a sweet voice and glanced at Richard. Then her cousin showed up at door. Nice looked towards her with cheer. "Inigo! How nice to see you!" she said happily.
Back to top Go down
Nan Saville
Duchess of Naverre
Nan Saville

PostSubject: Re: Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria   Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 10:45 pm

Nan was watching king and queen of Bavaria like everyone else in hall. Soon, Henry came in hall too. Nan bowed him deeply and looked back at Elizabeth after he passed. "You'll be lady in waiting to Anne? Is it your brother's plan?" she asked surprised. Edward was on Anne's side. Were there already people who's waiting Anne to be queen. Nan thought it was only Anne's desire
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria   Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 10:49 pm

I sigh and sip the wine-shrugging my shoulder,"His plan? Oh I don't know about that but he says it will do me no good staying with Queen Katherine."

I then add quietly,"She hasn't let any of her ladies see he recently-not even me. Nan you must promise to tell no one-it could jeopardise my place in court. Wolsey asked me to be a spy and I was...but not for him...for Katherine. If Lady Anne found out and told the King I could be banished from court."
Back to top Go down
Nan Saville
Duchess of Naverre
Nan Saville

PostSubject: Re: Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria   Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 10:53 pm

Nan looked at her carefully and listened. She tried to understand what was all meaning. Probably Elizabeth didnt know Nan was Anne's best friend. She knew everything about her. But Nan didnt want to tell it Elizabeth now. "What did Wolsey want to learn about Anne? " she asked like she wasnt interested in that topic. She drank from her wine.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria   Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 11:01 pm

"No-not about Anne about Katherine. What was going on in her rooms. I think he was doing it for Anne to increase The Kings chances of a divorce if he found some evidence against The Queen,"I say quietly and finish my drink.
Back to top Go down
Nan Saville
Duchess of Naverre
Nan Saville

PostSubject: Re: Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria   Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 11:05 pm

Nan hardly stopped herself from laughing and grinned secretly. "Did you really believe that Elizabeth?" she asked and remembered the things Anne said about Wolsey. He was absolutely against Anne.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria   Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 11:07 pm

I frown as she laughs at me,"What are saying-that he lied, why?"

I was a little confused...
Back to top Go down
Jane Parker
Lady-in-waiting
Jane Parker

PostSubject: Re: Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria   Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 5:43 am

I joined the banquet for King Richard and his betrothed. I had never met the King of Bavaria, although I heard he was very handsome.

I curtsied to many people as I made my way through the crowd. I then saw a broad shouldered dapper man sitting at the front table, I knew then that he had to be the King of Bavaria. I looked to the left of him where a lovey brunette lady sat. His betrothed, I assumed.

I didn't have a title or the authority to be introduced to their majesties, so I admired them from afar as I took a goblet of fine wine and sipped it.
Back to top Go down
Anne Boleyn
Queen of England
Anne Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria   Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 9:56 am

Anne had been late to the banquet.She seemed like a noble woman.There were two women behind her.She was just like a queen with her large, majestic crown.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria   Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome banquet to the King and soon-to-be Queen of Bavaria
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next