The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Cottage in the woods

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Isabel Leigh
Lady-in-waiting
Isabel Leigh

Cottage in the woods - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cottage in the woods   Cottage in the woods - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 3:43 am

A knight that would suit me best only a fierce one not some romantic soppy one that picks flowers.

Yes but he has to be a brave and bold warrior.

I added with a wink. Poor Kitty I went and sat next to her my arm wrapped around her supportively my head resting on hers.

Oh! Me and my big mouth I simply meant that if he was not a married man would you marry him if he was single? What may pass between the two of you I shall support you every step of the way. No one ever said that love was easy and those whom claim it is are simply lying.

I know my sister appreciated having me here but she needed a distraction something bigger than me.
Back to top Go down
Catherine Howard
Schoolgirl
Catherine Howard

PostSubject: Re: Cottage in the woods   Cottage in the woods - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 3:42 am

"A brave and bold warrior...whose kiss is like fire and whose embrace melts your very bones!" I said dramatically, hugging myself and making kissy faces. My laughter stopped as she neared me, and I knew a beautiful sisterly moment would be had. I couldn't help smiling even though my heart ached for my forbidden love. "I would marry him if he was free. Even if it meant living off a music teacher's meager earnings. I'd take him for him alone."
Back to top Go down
Isabel Leigh
Lady-in-waiting
Isabel Leigh

PostSubject: Re: Cottage in the woods   Cottage in the woods - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 6:40 am

My sisters dramatics always made me cheery it even brightened up the entire cottage.

Yes but with fire comes Ice so his kisses would have to leave a pleasant but chilling effect.

I threw a cherry tomato at her as she was losing herself in a daydream. I stopped giggling as she described her feelings ones that I had heard others speak of before but yet to feel.

Then you are truly and completely madly deeply in love sister. Slight problem how would you escape the clutches that hold you here that of the old crow who forbids all to have happiness.
Back to top Go down
Catherine Howard
Schoolgirl
Catherine Howard

PostSubject: Re: Cottage in the woods   Cottage in the woods - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 1:48 am

"Such poetry, sister!" I praised her and clapped politely. I usually had so many interesting thoughts and imaginings but I was embarrassed that I could barely read or spell my own name. "The duchess knows nothing of me and Henry, of that I'm sure," I said steadily. "I will simply have to wait until I am old enough to attend court. I would like to be a lady in waiting."
Back to top Go down
Isabel Leigh
Lady-in-waiting
Isabel Leigh

PostSubject: Re: Cottage in the woods   Cottage in the woods - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 3:32 am

I applauded my sisters enthusiasm to make something of herself instead of being here for the rest of her life.

You could be a lady in waiting for you're cousin Anne. You need somebody here who is in the circle at court. If you were to attend court the affair between you and Manox could go on.

I had to help my sister get out of this place full of nothing but quite and boredom this was not a place to live out her days.

How can I help you break free from the shackles that hold you here dearest Kitty.
Back to top Go down
Catherine Howard
Schoolgirl
Catherine Howard

PostSubject: Re: Cottage in the woods   Cottage in the woods - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 5:13 am

As my sweet sister spoke of the life I could live if I was away from here, hope began to rise in my heart. I knew that it would not be easy to go from mere country schoolgirl to lady in waiting. A queen's lady in waiting, if the rumors I heard were true. God willing, my cousin Anne would ascend the throne as Henry VIII's new queen. I smiled at Isabel. "Would you, sister, would you help me? To think of all that I could have but don't..if you could help me leave Lambeth behind forever I would be so grateful! Perhaps you could even speak to the dowager duchess for me."
Back to top Go down
Isabel Leigh
Lady-in-waiting
Isabel Leigh

PostSubject: Re: Cottage in the woods   Cottage in the woods - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 4:38 pm

A doubting thought came into my mind as I knew their was a reason Catherine was kept here but didn't want to pry. Perhaps Catherine herself did not even know the reason why she was here.

To serve Anne Boleyn you must plead your cause to her yourself. I can bring the paper and quill for you but dearest Kitty do you even know why you are here.
Back to top Go down
Catherine Howard
Schoolgirl
Catherine Howard

PostSubject: Re: Cottage in the woods   Cottage in the woods - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 6:30 am

The idea of meeting my cousin Anne Boleyn made my heart feel light, but at the same time I knew I had to answer my sister's question. I wondered if there was something she knew of my family I did not. "My father was -- I mean, he is, a Howard. He had twenty siblings and was not fortunate enough to be the firstborn. I may be a silly girl, but I know that means he didn't get a share of the family's wealth. I couldn't be brought up in penury, so here I am."
Back to top Go down
Isabel Leigh
Lady-in-waiting
Isabel Leigh

PostSubject: Re: Cottage in the woods   Cottage in the woods - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 12:18 am

I bit my inner cheek I was not sure of the relationship her Farther had with the rest of the Howard's. Slowly I let out a sigh in my head I was thinking how to approach this subject with Anne without stepping on anyone's toes.

I have a better idea! Let's write to Lord Thomas Boleyn, to see if we can grant you're permission to leave here... for awhile perhaps.
Back to top Go down
Catherine Howard
Schoolgirl
Catherine Howard

PostSubject: Re: Cottage in the woods   Cottage in the woods - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 10:17 pm

"Lord Thomas Boleyn?" I repeated. "Yes, perhaps he may be able to help me leave, even if only for a little while. Oh Izzy, could you help me? With the letter I mean, I am not very good at writing," I admitted as my cheeks blushed.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Leigh
Lady-in-waiting
Isabel Leigh

PostSubject: Re: Cottage in the woods   Cottage in the woods - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 5:20 am

I smiled softly at my sister surely it was the duchess duty to see to her education. To me she was not taking proper care of her. Soon her skin would be as white as snow.

Of course sweetheart! Tell me what you hold inside and I shall have your voice heard in writing.
Back to top Go down
Catherine Howard
Schoolgirl
Catherine Howard

PostSubject: Re: Cottage in the woods   Cottage in the woods - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 12:32 am

I bit my lip and twirled my hair as I thought about what I wanted to say. "I suppose I should inform the duchess that, though I am gracious for her generosity and hospitality, it is time I go off to court to practice what I have learned here. And, I don't mean the things that Henry Manox taught me," I replied, blushing. "And to Lord Boleyn I wish to say that I am ready to serve my cousin Lady Anne Boleyn, with all my heart and soul."
Back to top Go down
Isabel Leigh
Lady-in-waiting
Isabel Leigh

PostSubject: Re: Cottage in the woods   Cottage in the woods - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 1:03 am

Their was a lot my sister needed to learn about the ways of court life. I knew she would be bored within days.

Sweet Kitty the men at court would eat you alive. If one was to wink at you in such a way and you smiled in return you would be out of service as lady in waiting. As a cousin you would still be required to fold her linen, run her baths and wash her hair. To be at her beck and call night and day to be awoken in the middle of the night for the simplest of things. Court may sound fun but right at this very moment it is a very dangerous place to be.

I knew Kitty wasn't thick but as a sister I had to tell her the truth at all times even if it hurt.
Back to top Go down
Catherine Howard
Schoolgirl
Catherine Howard

PostSubject: Re: Cottage in the woods   Cottage in the woods - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 3:36 am

I nodded somberly at my sister's words, yet the thought of court still had a sparkle in my mind's eye. "I would never dare do anything to risk my reputation at court, nor would I risk being removed from Lady Anne's service. But don't you see, Izzy? This is my chance to do something wonderful, to be part of something wonderful. Even if I am only in the background, just a tile in the grand mural of court."
Back to top Go down
Isabel Leigh
Lady-in-waiting
Isabel Leigh

PostSubject: Re: Cottage in the woods   Cottage in the woods - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 5:59 pm

You will never be a just a stone in the back ground to me Kitty! Don't speak so low of yourself.

I was confused as to who to write to about this matter. I wanted to make sure the letter would be received grandly and not by a servant.

Ok Kitty, is their any man here whom could send the letter personally. I shall try my very best to bend the arms of our relatives to get you to the ball!

I laughed tapping her nose with the end of the feather.
Back to top Go down
Catherine Howard
Schoolgirl
Catherine Howard

PostSubject: Re: Cottage in the woods   Cottage in the woods - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 5:10 pm

I was so happy that my sister wanted to help me. I thought the two of us, together at court, would make an amazing pair. "The only man I know here is Henry...but he would be filled with jealousy for me to leave. Then there is the duchess's secretary Francis Dereham, but I think he hardly likes me at all," I said thinking of our last encounter.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Leigh
Lady-in-waiting
Isabel Leigh

PostSubject: Re: Cottage in the woods   Cottage in the woods - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 7:18 am

Francis Dereham I have never heard of him! Just how many men live here with you.

I was now concerned with what my sister was seeing here. Did the Duchess not care about these girls under her roof.

Maybe try talking to him again Kitty Cat. He is your only link as well apart from me. You can talk to him whilst I send the letter. In fact do you even want to live here anymore.
Back to top Go down
Catherine Howard
Schoolgirl
Catherine Howard

PostSubject: Re: Cottage in the woods   Cottage in the woods - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 12:10 am

"He is the secretary of the duchess and helps with taking care of the estate when Her Grace cannot," I said as I played with the folds of my skirt. "I don't think he likes me. He often teases me and says I have a way with men as to use my looks and charm to bait them."
Back to top Go down
Isabel Leigh
Lady-in-waiting
Isabel Leigh

PostSubject: Re: Cottage in the woods   Cottage in the woods - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 2:38 am

Sounds to me as if her Grace does sod all to me.

I watched my sister trying to distract herself. It was clear that this man had gotten under his skin.

Me thinks he doth protest to much. Has it ever crossed your mind that he might be jealous of you and Mister Manox.
Back to top Go down
Catherine Howard
Schoolgirl
Catherine Howard

PostSubject: Re: Cottage in the woods   Cottage in the woods - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 3:59 am

I looked at my sister with surprise. That thought had never occurred to me. "Dereham, jealous of Manox? To my ears it sounds so absurd, but now that I think about it you may be right!"
Back to top Go down
Isabel Leigh
Lady-in-waiting
Isabel Leigh

PostSubject: Re: Cottage in the woods   Cottage in the woods - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 5:23 am

Men don't like to share their women not even kings with their mistresses! If Dereham does like you in a romantical way what will you do Kitty Cat.

I honestly felt sorry for my sister she never asked to be placed in these predicaments but men found her enchanting and she was.
Back to top Go down
Catherine Howard
Schoolgirl
Catherine Howard

PostSubject: Re: Cottage in the woods   Cottage in the woods - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 7:55 pm

Feeling hopeless I merely shook my head. "He has never made it plain that he feels any way about me except to show contempt for seducing Manox to my whim, which isn't true by the way. What would you do if you were in my position?" I asked, my hands taking Izzy's.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Leigh
Lady-in-waiting
Isabel Leigh

PostSubject: Re: Cottage in the woods   Cottage in the woods - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 8:24 pm

I had no idea what to do at all. Men wasn't really my area as I never seemed to attract them.

I don't know as I've never really sought the attention of men. And if they did pay me attention then I never noticed. Who do you like the best.
Back to top Go down
Catherine Howard
Schoolgirl
Catherine Howard

PostSubject: Re: Cottage in the woods   Cottage in the woods - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 8:45 pm

I felt the blush creep up my neck and into my face. Giggling, I began to play with my hair. "I don't know for sure. They are both handsome. But Henry is married and therefore not a viable option.. I wouldn't ever want to be the other woman."
Back to top Go down
Isabel Leigh
Lady-in-waiting
Isabel Leigh

PostSubject: Re: Cottage in the woods   Cottage in the woods - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 2:09 am

But yet this Henry is enraged with jealousy. Sounds as if he wants his cake and eat it too!

Such predicaments were always a torture to the heart. Yet all the ladies at court would be envious of my sweet sister. Even the stuck up snobbish people would bow down to her.

You are a woman yet you do not know the power you hold over men. You should yield it to your advantage! I don't want you to cry over these men I want you to know that the ball is firmly in your court. You call the shoots and I mean all off them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cottage in the woods   Cottage in the woods - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cottage in the woods
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next