The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Catherine of Austria's Bedroom

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

Catherine of Austria's Bedroom Empty
PostSubject: Catherine of Austria's Bedroom   Catherine of Austria's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 5:18 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Charles Brandon on Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Catherine of Austria
Queen of Portugal
Catherine of Austria

PostSubject: Re: Catherine of Austria's Bedroom   Catherine of Austria's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 2:06 am

Catherine was allowed some time away from the Portugal court. She was sent to England as a Envoy. She had a hard day of traveling and just wanted to settle in before going to the welcoming feast. Catherine was helping her maids unpack her belongings. She was humming softly and talking to her maids as she moved her dresses from the trunks to the wardrobe. She heard a knock and stopped and walked out to the main living area of her chambers "Come in" she called waiting for the person who knocked on her chamber door
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Catherine of Austria's Bedroom   Catherine of Austria's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 5:50 pm

"Charles opened carefully the door and looked inside. He saw a beautiful red haired woman and smiled"

Oh...I'm sorry, my lady. I knocked at wrong door, I guess. I was looking for my servant...hope I'm not disturbing you...

"He said apologetically, still smiling at her"
Back to top Go down
Catherine of Austria
Queen of Portugal
Catherine of Austria

PostSubject: Re: Catherine of Austria's Bedroom   Catherine of Austria's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 9:08 pm

Catherine saw the gentleman walk in and bowed her head as she was told by her maid that the gentleman was the Duke of Suffolk "Dont be Sorry your Grace,I am Catherine, Queen of Portugal, Princess of Austria" she said calmly and with a soft smile, her English was pretty good but she spoke with a Spanish accent "Why would your servant be in the guest rooms?" she asked softly finding it weird that someone let their servant wander around with their permission
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Catherine of Austria's Bedroom   Catherine of Austria's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 9:17 pm

"Charles opened his mouth by surprise once he realized who she was. He bowed again"

Oh...Your Highness! I was not informed you were at court. I'm Charles Brandon, King's closest friend. Well, I...I sent my servant to find an herb tea for myself. He was late, so...I thought to look for him....

"He raised his eyes to hers"

What brings you in England, my lady? Oh...if I may ask...

"He showed her a charming smile"
Back to top Go down
Catherine of Austria
Queen of Portugal
Catherine of Austria

PostSubject: Re: Catherine of Austria's Bedroom   Catherine of Austria's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 9:29 pm

Catherine smiled softly as she saw him quickly acknowledge who she was. She nodded when she heard that The duke was best friends with the King of England "I am here as a envoy for Portugal, to try set up a treaty between England and Portugal" She said softly with a kind smile and nodded about the Herbal Tea "If you want some tea that much, i can get my maid to make it for you?" She said kindly with a smile
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Catherine of Austria's Bedroom   Catherine of Austria's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 9:41 pm

"Charles smiled and nodded slowly"

Oh...it would be very kind of you. Thank you, my lady. Ehm...a treaty between England and Portugal, you said? The King told me, I guess. But I don't remember, now. You know...my first wife has been Queen of Portugal for a little while. Surely you heard of her...

"He added, remembering poor Margaret"
Back to top Go down
Catherine of Austria
Queen of Portugal
Catherine of Austria

PostSubject: Re: Catherine of Austria's Bedroom   Catherine of Austria's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 10:17 pm

Catherine nodded when she heard about Margaret and remembered the former queen who was always kind to her when she first married the Prince John of Portugal. "Yes i remember Margaret, she was kind to me when i first came to Portugal and married then Prince when she was Queen" She said softly with a slight smile as her maid went to make some tea "Sit down your Grace" She said as she walked across to the table and chairs and she sat on one chair
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Catherine of Austria's Bedroom   Catherine of Austria's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 11:24 pm

"Charles sat on the sofa and looked around room. Then turned to her with a weak smile"

Oh...Margaret was kind with everyone, my lady. But you know, she was sick. So...Ehm, how do you find english court?

"He asked, trying to change topic"

Back to top Go down
Catherine of Austria
Queen of Portugal
Catherine of Austria

PostSubject: Re: Catherine of Austria's Bedroom   Catherine of Austria's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 9:20 am

Catherine nodded softly as her maid came back with a pot of the tea and she poured it into 2 cups. "The court is gracious so far, i have only seen the gardens and the hall before i came here to settle in" she said softly as she began to sip on the tea her maid had poured
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Catherine of Austria's Bedroom   Catherine of Austria's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 5:32 pm

"Charles took the cup of tea and nodded thankful to her"

Thank you, my lady. You know...I had a strange headache. But I always feel better after this...

"He took a sip from tea and turned to her with a smile"

Hmm...delicious. Well, if you want...I can guide you around Palace, Your Highness. It would be an honour for me...
Back to top Go down
Catherine of Austria
Queen of Portugal
Catherine of Austria

PostSubject: Re: Catherine of Austria's Bedroom   Catherine of Austria's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 1:15 am

Catherine smiled as she bowed her head "You are welcome your grace" She said softly and kindly as she drank her tea, the herbal tea was from Austria and she had always had a supply with her from her home country. She nodded when she was asked if she wanted a tour by his Grace "Sure your Grace, if your not too busy then you can show me the palace"
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Catherine of Austria's Bedroom   Catherine of Austria's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 6:35 pm

"Charles smiled warmly after her words and shrugged a bit"

Oh...I'm never too busy for a beautiful woman. I'd like to show you the library, the stables...maybe tomorrow, if you don't mind...

"He added with charming voice, looking carefully at her pretty face"
Back to top Go down
Catherine of Austria
Queen of Portugal
Catherine of Austria

PostSubject: Re: Catherine of Austria's Bedroom   Catherine of Austria's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 7:05 am

Catherine nodded softly as she sipped at her tea "Sure if you wish your Grace" She said with a smile as she looked at him softly
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Catherine of Austria's Bedroom   Catherine of Austria's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 10:46 am

"Charles bit his lips and stared at her"

Talk me about your family, my lady. Are they still in Portugal?

"He asked, holding the cup in his hand"
Back to top Go down
Catherine of Austria
Queen of Portugal
Catherine of Austria

PostSubject: Re: Catherine of Austria's Bedroom   Catherine of Austria's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 11:02 am

Catherine finished her tea and looked at the Duke "My daughter and husband are in Portugal, my mother is locked in a nunnary in Castile and my brother is in Spain and i dont know where my other siblings are" She explained with a sigh as she missed her mother and family
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Catherine of Austria's Bedroom   Catherine of Austria's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 5:31 pm

"Charles looked surprised at her and sighed"

Oh...you're married, then. I'm sorry for your siblings. Hope you can have news from them soon. And...how old is your daughter, Your Higness? You know...I have almost six children...

"He giggled, looking at her delicate hands on her lap"
Back to top Go down
Catherine of Austria
Queen of Portugal
Catherine of Austria

PostSubject: Re: Catherine of Austria's Bedroom   Catherine of Austria's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 10:12 pm

Catherine nodded when she was asked about being married I hardly see my husband, he is always busy with running the kingdom" She said softly as she put her hands on her lap and watched the duke "My little Maria is 2 years old, i did have a son but he died when he was a month old" she said softly with a sigh as she looked down, she didn't like remembering her son's death
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Catherine of Austria's Bedroom   Catherine of Austria's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 10:48 pm

"Charles reamained silent for a while. Then sighed, looking around room"

Oh...I can understand perfectly how do you feel, my lady. I lost my little Daniel a year ago...because of sweating sickness. He was 1 year old...

"He had to stop talking, remembering when Nan told him about their son's loss. Then he tried to smile, turning to her"

I'm sure our children are in a better place, now...
Back to top Go down
Catherine of Austria
Queen of Portugal
Catherine of Austria

PostSubject: Re: Catherine of Austria's Bedroom   Catherine of Austria's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 11:47 pm

Catherine nodded at the duke about his son dying "So sorry for your lose, losing a child of your own is not easy" she said softly
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Catherine of Austria's Bedroom   Catherine of Austria's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 12:29 am

"Charles nodded slowly and finished his tea"

Thank you...not only for your words, Your Highness. But also for being so kind. My headache is completely disappeared, now. What can I do for...showing you my thankfulness, my lady?

"He asked, looking at her with admired eyes"
Back to top Go down
Catherine of Austria
Queen of Portugal
Catherine of Austria

PostSubject: Re: Catherine of Austria's Bedroom   Catherine of Austria's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 12:42 am

"You don't have to thank me, if you dont want to. I am only kind to those who are kind to me" Catherine said with a kind smile with a nod as her maid took away the cups and the pot full of tea
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Catherine of Austria's Bedroom   Catherine of Austria's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 5:55 pm

"Charles smiled her back and glanced at the door"

Well...I'll ask to you for my next headache, then. Now...it's better I leave. I don't want to disturb you further. And also...if I've been coming out from your room at this hour...someone could think bad...

"He said with a teasing smile"

Just hope to see you again, my lady...
Back to top Go down
Catherine of Austria
Queen of Portugal
Catherine of Austria

PostSubject: Re: Catherine of Austria's Bedroom   Catherine of Austria's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 10:25 pm

Catherine nodded softly with a smile "You weren't disturbing me but you are welcome for tea when you like" she said softly as she bowed her head
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Catherine of Austria's Bedroom   Catherine of Austria's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 11:11 pm

"Charles smiled and stood up. He kissed gently her hand"

I wish you a nice day, Your Highness...

"Then he bowed with respect and left her room"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Catherine of Austria's Bedroom   Catherine of Austria's Bedroom I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Catherine of Austria's Bedroom
Page 1 of 1