The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Catherine of Austria's Bedroom

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

Catherine of Austria's Bedroom Empty
PostSubject: Catherine of Austria's Bedroom   Catherine of Austria's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 9:56 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Catherine of Austria's Bedroom   Catherine of Austria's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2016 4:43 pm

A servant entered in Queen's chambers and announced

"Su Majestad, el Embajador Mendoza está aquí.."
Back to top Go down
Catherine of Austria
Queen of Portugal
Catherine of Austria

PostSubject: Re: Catherine of Austria's Bedroom   Catherine of Austria's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 3:36 am

Catherine was staring out of her minuscule window within what she called her "mothers prison" the young queen herself was free to come and go as she pleased, but choose to remain here by her side to show loyalty and solidarity. When the servant announced that Catherine had a visitor, she took a long last look before attending to her guest. Ambassador Mendoza I had no idea that you were here.
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Catherine of Austria's Bedroom   Catherine of Austria's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 11:19 pm

Inigo entered in the room and bowed deeply before her

Your Majesty..I came to visit your mother. So, I thought it was nice to pay you a visit..

He smiled looking at her young face
Back to top Go down
Catherine of Austria
Queen of Portugal
Catherine of Austria

PostSubject: Re: Catherine of Austria's Bedroom   Catherine of Austria's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 2:13 pm

I am thrilled you have come back to Spain after so many years my lord. Did all go as planned with meeting my mother. Catherine's voice has been strong over the years since coming to Tordesillas she did not do as much speaking as she used to do when she was younger. To be separated from her mother was out of the question for Catherine she could go and pleased as she wished, but her mother was banished to these walls all the people who said would help her rarely bother to come back. Ambassador Mendoza you were loyal to your word and I feel like you are my mothers only ally.
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Catherine of Austria's Bedroom   Catherine of Austria's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 11:29 pm

Inigo nodded after her words

Indeed, I am, Your Majesty. I came to show my support to your mother..and to you. It must be hard living separated. But..if this could comfort you, think that you share the same destiny of your cousin Princess Mary Tudor..

He added with calm voice, looking at her young face
Back to top Go down
Catherine of Austria
Queen of Portugal
Catherine of Austria

PostSubject: Re: Catherine of Austria's Bedroom   Catherine of Austria's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 9:00 pm

My cousin and I are completely different Ambassador. For I am a queen, but what will happen to Mary. It was scary to think what would happen to England's only royal heir. If I could I would gather all the enemies of England and fight until Mary and her mother were free. A rescue plan should've happened years ago to save them from this shameful humiliation they've both endured.
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Catherine of Austria's Bedroom   Catherine of Austria's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 11:28 pm

Inigo let out a deep sigh after her words

Yes..you're right, Your Majesty. But things changed. We live hard and dark times. Even the true faith is in danger. As you know..England is now under Reformers's power..

He added with a drop of sadness in his voice
Back to top Go down
Catherine of Austria
Queen of Portugal
Catherine of Austria

PostSubject: Re: Catherine of Austria's Bedroom   Catherine of Austria's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 2:07 am

I could hardly believe what had happened even though it had been coming for such a long time, despite peoples efforts to try and stop the Tudor king. I had never met King Henry I had heard stories that he was a great sportsman with a laugh that filled any room he was in. And then there were the talks of his hot temper that was enough to make me stop thinking of him. If Mary had enough supports she could declare her father mad being his only heir could then take the throne. He has torn apart all his connections just for one woman. I shook my head in disbelief. Is that was love was to go to all lengths no matter how great they were. I couldn't judge I had never felt a love like he had after all, my husband was a gay cousin of mine.
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Catherine of Austria's Bedroom   Catherine of Austria's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 04, 2017 11:38 pm

Inigo took a deep breath and shook slowly his head

That's not so easy, Your Majesty. King Henry has now the absolute power in his hands. He even declared himself Supreme Head of English Church. He decides what is right and what is not..who deserves to live and who deserves to die. He can do anything. So..how could your cousin Mary say something about his..madness? She would be executed immediately for treason..

He paused for a while, before adding, looking at her with sad eyes

As I told to your mother..Anne Boleyn is a real witch. Because of her..your uncle has no mercy..even towards his daughter..
Back to top Go down
Catherine of Austria
Queen of Portugal
Catherine of Austria

PostSubject: Re: Catherine of Austria's Bedroom   Catherine of Austria's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 7:16 am

I found his claims to be outlandish Henry Tudor would never hurt his daughter too much royal blood would be shed. And my brother would slaughter the English even Henry if he dared to touch a hair on Mary's head. I strongly believe that the Boleyn or Howard family would hurt Mary even my aunt for that matter. What if instead of putting all our energy into Anne Boleyn and save it for much more important people. I moved closer, knowing that maybe, just maybe the ambassador could help with my idea. I was filled with a new found hope that if this worked Henry Tudor would have no choice than to admit defeat. Let's bring back my aunt and cousin to Spain. What use does he have for them if he has dispatched them away like animals that are no longer his favorite. I took a deep breath, reminding myself to take control over my emotions duty before feelings. Only trouble was it was increasingly hard to fight back tears of anguish when your family was in such turmoil. Why does Henry Tudor keep them. He proclaims that my aunt is the witch who bewitched him into marrying him even though he stated she was his brother's wife first and never a true wife to him. In front of the English noble and other such like people the King has marked my aunt's name do you think he still loves her. Surely he must know that this treatment of them both is not going unnoticed.
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Catherine of Austria's Bedroom   Catherine of Austria's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 11:31 pm

Inigo looked at the young Queen with a thoughtful face while she was talking. Then he took a deep breath

Your Majesty..your uncle King Henry wants to keep your aunt and your cousin in England. He fears them. He..thinks that they could arrange a rebellion against him. So..I think he would never allow them to leave his country..

He paused for a moment, before adding

And..forgive me..but I don't think he still loves Queen Katherine. If he would, he would never do this to her. Your plan to help her is good, Your Majesty. But also dangerous and very hard to do. They hardly can receive visits from my friend Ambassador Chapuys and Sir Thomas More. They also have few ladies in waiting in their houshold..
Back to top Go down
Catherine of Austria
Queen of Portugal
Catherine of Austria

PostSubject: Re: Catherine of Austria's Bedroom   Catherine of Austria's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 6:02 pm

Before my aunt married Henry. She was subjected to so very little before becoming a queen even having to spend money from her wedding plate. A gift that my grandfather had given her when she married Arthur. Now it seems that once again she has to live impoverished once more. I had thoroughly enjoyed learning about my aunt's life before she was queen. If all my plans to save my aunt were going to be dismissed then I would simply have to pull the rank card. I am a queen not a mere supporter. Sometimes I question people because clearly if they were so loyal to my aunt and cousin then why did they sit back and hold their tongue while this was happening. I spoke agitated tilting my head sideways. I was still a young queen and wanted to prove myself, yes. But this entire matter had to end it had been played out for too long and ruin the reputation of my aunt.
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Catherine of Austria's Bedroom   Catherine of Austria's Bedroom I_icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 10:58 pm

Inigo shook his head and sighed deeply

Your Majesty, english people love your aunt and your cousin. They really do. But they are powerless. Next week Anne Boleyn will be crowned Queen of England. And your aunt..will be simply the Dowager Princess of Wales. As you see..all the power is in one man's hands. Your uncle King Henry..

He replied with a serious tone in his voice
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Catherine of Austria's Bedroom   Catherine of Austria's Bedroom I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Catherine of Austria's Bedroom
Page 1 of 1