The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Prison Cell 2

Go down 
+2
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
William Kingston
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

Prison Cell 2  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prison Cell 2    Prison Cell 2  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 9:02 pm

'So.... if no one helps him, he helps himself.' he murmurs in horror and falls back on the bed.
'May God have mercy on him, and on us all.'

He shakes his head in pain, this is what he feared most. He almost does not hear what Kingston adds, untill he mentions Joan.
'Joan, my Joan, I need to know how she is. I beseech you to let her visit me, for her and my sake!' he says while he looks at him pleadingly.
Back to top Go down
William Kingston
Soldier
William Kingston

PostSubject: Re: Prison Cell 2    Prison Cell 2  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 1:08 pm

like I said I shall think about it, do remember he is your king as I sit there playing with my cup,
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Prison Cell 2    Prison Cell 2  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 9:53 pm

He stares at him for a while, then closes his eyes again.

'Once my dizziness disappears, you will find me on my knees before you, meanwhile, take your time but please remember, time is not on my side.'

He raises an eyebrow as Kingston reproves him.

'If anyone knows who the King is and respects him, it should be me. It doesn't mean however that I don't know what dangers his position can bring him when he stops listening to the right persons!'
Back to top Go down
William Kingston
Soldier
William Kingston

PostSubject: Re: Prison Cell 2    Prison Cell 2  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 1:14 pm

his majesty says thank you for the confession, I shall write to Joan and invite her to visit you

I get up and leave locking the cell behind
Back to top Go down
Agostino De Agostinis
Physician
Agostino De Agostinis

PostSubject: Re: Prison Cell 2    Prison Cell 2  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 11:59 pm

A guard came into cell and announced

"Your Eminence...your personal physician is here.."
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Prison Cell 2    Prison Cell 2  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 10:20 pm

Wolsey was resting but not asleep, he sat more upright and cleared his throat.
'Agostino! Please enter, my lord!'

He smiled faintly as his physician entered and made a gesture for him to sit down.
'Make yourself comfortable... as comfortable as possible, at least. I wish I could offer you a drink, but I fear there are no servants here.' He tried to smile but his eyes did not laugh along.

'How are you? I have missed you lately, I hope though that you are having a good time at court and not too much health treatments.'

Last edited by Cardinal Thomas Wolsey on Wed May 08, 2013 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Agostino De Agostinis
Physician
Agostino De Agostinis

PostSubject: Re: Prison Cell 2    Prison Cell 2  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 10:58 pm

The guard opened the gate and Agostino came in Cardinal's cell. He bowed respectfully in front of him

Your Eminence...I'm here to make me sure about your health. King's orders. You're too kind, but I don't wish to drink, Cardinal. Just...to apologize...

He added and sat on a chair next to him, staring at floor

Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Prison Cell 2    Prison Cell 2  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 9:48 pm

Tears filled his eyes as he heard that the King informed about his health. He swallowed hard and smiled again.

'Tell the King that I feel fine and remain his most loyal servant...' he said and then Agostino's words made him look up in surprise.

'Apologize? What for?' he asked, frowning as he noticed his changed attitude.
Back to top Go down
Agostino De Agostinis
Physician
Agostino De Agostinis

PostSubject: Re: Prison Cell 2    Prison Cell 2  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 11:05 pm

Agostino took a deep breath and looked elsewhere

Your Eminence...I beg you to forgive me. But, if you're here, it's because of me also. I...I talked with Master Cromwell about you. Please, forgive me...

He whispered with embarassment, still not daring to look at him
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Prison Cell 2    Prison Cell 2  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 10:53 pm

His frown deepened as he tried to understand what Agostino meant. Cromwell is his friend, what harm could there be in Agostino talking to him?

'I don't understand... You talked to Cromwell? That is no problem to me, nothing you might have said could make him decide to advice the king to put me here, at least, I can not think of anything.'

He watched Agostino's embarrassment with growing concern. He had no concrete idea why he ended up here but the last persons he suspected to be part of this were his physician.... and Cromwell.
Back to top Go down
Agostino De Agostinis
Physician
Agostino De Agostinis

PostSubject: Re: Prison Cell 2    Prison Cell 2  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 12:12 am

Agostino took a deep breath and raised his head. He looked at his face this time

Your Eminence...I told to Cromwell that you were still in contact with the Emperor and Queen Katherine. I...I don't know why I did such thing. I beg you to forgive me...

He said finally, feeling better after having removed this weight from his conscience
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Prison Cell 2    Prison Cell 2  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 9:01 pm

Wolsey stared at him and as he spoke, he raised his eyebrows.
It was silent for a moment, but then he burst out in laughter.

'You told him what? That I am still in contact with the people I daily contacted when I was in charge?'
He shook with laughter, shaking his head.

He saw the relief in Agostino's eyes and leant forward to tap his arm.
'No need to apologize, Your Grace, you told him no secret. I can't imagine that your 'confession' has anything to do with my stay here. Cromwell knew that I wrote both of them regularly and also to King Francis, not that he liked it, though!'

He winked at Agostino and leant backwards on his bed, still smiling.
Back to top Go down
Agostino De Agostinis
Physician
Agostino De Agostinis

PostSubject: Re: Prison Cell 2    Prison Cell 2  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 10:42 pm

Agostino felt relief inside him after Wolsey's words and looked at him in surprise

So...I have no responsibilities in all this, Eminence? Oh...you don't know how much I thank God for this. But...in any case, I won't abandon you. The King asked me to take care of your health and I will...

He said, looking at him lying on his bed
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Prison Cell 2    Prison Cell 2  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 10:00 pm

He felt relief that Agostino nor Cromwell had anything to do with his arrest and kept smiling, though he pondered why Agostino even thought in the first place that he did something wrong by talking to Cromwell. As he listened to him, he decided to think about that, later.

'I feel much better, thank you. Since I arrived here, I have not vomited anymore, though I felt very ill during the travel, I sometimes doubted if I would arrive here alive. Even so my throat hurts and they wrapped a cloth around it. ' He pulled the cloth but it was too tight.

'Please, help me.' he said quietly and lowered his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Agostino De Agostinis
Physician
Agostino De Agostinis

PostSubject: Re: Prison Cell 2    Prison Cell 2  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 11:06 pm

Agostino sat on his bed and helped him topull out the cloth from his throat. He looked carefully at his neck and touched it softly

Uhm...it is a bit swollen. I think you got a strong cold, Your Eminence. That's why it hurts. Can you please open you mouth? So I can see better your throat...

He said, tapping softly his neck with his fingers
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Prison Cell 2    Prison Cell 2  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 10:04 pm

Wolsey lay still while the doctor examined him and frowned.

'A cold? A very lasting cold, it is! They sent me a pharmacist on my way here because I had to use the bathroom all the time, he gave me some medicines, I am not sure if they are here...'

He looked around the little cell but saw no personal posessions and shrugged.
Then he opened his mouth obediently.
Back to top Go down
Agostino De Agostinis
Physician
Agostino De Agostinis

PostSubject: Re: Prison Cell 2    Prison Cell 2  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 11:09 pm

Agostino looked carefully into his mouth. He examinated his throat and after he finished he nodded

That's how I thought, Eminence. You have a cold but nothing serious. Take this medicine twice a day after eating, and in few days you'll feel better...

He took a little bottle from his medical bag and gave it to him. Then he looked around cell

Of course, this cell is not the ideal place for you, Your Eminence. How long will you stay here? If I may ask..
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Prison Cell 2    Prison Cell 2  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 7:57 pm

He closed his mouth again and smiled faintly.
'Thank you Agostino, I feel better though I felt better in the past.' he sighed and shook his head.

He watched the little bottle in his hand while listening to him.
'I don't know, Your Grace, I don't know at all. I don't even know why they brought me here, they talk about high treason but I can't imagine what I did wrong. I lived quietly and was making ready to get reinstalled as Archbishop of York, with permission of His Majesty. They wanted to install me with all splendor but I refused out of respect for my King who still cared for me. Do they hate me that much, Agostino, that only my death will make them happy? They did not even let me write to His Majesty, my only hope is that I get permission to be recieved by him to speak with him myself. If not, I fear I will languish here or be put to death.' he spoke gloomily.
Back to top Go down
Agostino De Agostinis
Physician
Agostino De Agostinis

PostSubject: Re: Prison Cell 2    Prison Cell 2  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 11:20 pm

Agostino listened him silently and nodded. He put an hand on his shoulder

Be strong, Your Eminence. I'm sure you'll leave this insane place soon. Maybe...as your personal physician, I can talk with his Majesty, and tell him that you can't stay here for too long, because of your health. Hopefully...he will give you an apartment far from Palace, but clean and suitable for your health's state...

He dared to suggest, looking at his tired face
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Prison Cell 2    Prison Cell 2  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 9:25 pm

He lowered his head as Agostino put a hand on his shoulder.

'I am tired, Agostino. I feel tired since a long time and even though I lived quietlly lately, I feel my strength decline. Please speak for my sake, Your Grace, I only want to please my king and I will do nothing to embarrass him. I don't belong here, but I will never ask for a trial, not myself. However, they can't let me here without trial, I have not been judged guilty of any crime.' He sighed deeply. 'Not yet, at least.'
Back to top Go down
Agostino De Agostinis
Physician
Agostino De Agostinis

PostSubject: Re: Prison Cell 2    Prison Cell 2  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 11:11 pm

Agostino noticed his sad tone and smiled friendly

I'll do my best to help you. Your Eminence. The King will be merciful and he will give you a chance. Just don't lose hopes...

He said sincerely and patted softly his shoulder again
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Prison Cell 2    Prison Cell 2  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 11:59 pm

Wolsey smiled back, faintly and tapped his arm.
'Thank you my friend. As long as there is life, there is hope.'

He leant back on his bed, thoughtful.
'You and I have known eachother a long time. Tell me Agostino, do you enjoy life at court? Did you meet interesting people?' he asked curiously.
Back to top Go down
Agostino De Agostinis
Physician
Agostino De Agostinis

PostSubject: Re: Prison Cell 2    Prison Cell 2  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 11:39 pm

Agostino smiled shyly and shook his head

I know very few people at court, Your Eminence. Usually I spend all time in infirmary, reading my medicine's book or taking care of someone who needs me. I'm very private and I don't join courtlife very much...

He admitted and shrugged slightly
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Prison Cell 2    Prison Cell 2  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 7:23 pm

Wolsey smiled and then sighed.

'Court is a hornet's nest, always be careful, Your Grace. No one is who he or she seems to be, everyone seeks advantage and pleasures... but even so, I still miss life at court. It feels strange not to be part of it anymore, but most of all, I miss the King. He is like the sun...' he broke off and shook his head.

'As long as he is fine, I am happy. He is in good health and spirit, isn't he?'
Back to top Go down
Agostino De Agostinis
Physician
Agostino De Agostinis

PostSubject: Re: Prison Cell 2    Prison Cell 2  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 10:54 pm

Agostino nodded and smiled after his question

Oh yes...he is. I always take care of him, even if he is still young and strong. I'm sure that he misses you too. Would you like I bring him a message, Your Eminence? If you have paper and inch here, I can write it for you...

He suggested and looked around cell
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prison Cell 2    Prison Cell 2  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prison Cell 2
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next