The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Great Hall

Go down 
+6
Eleanor Mendoza
Stephen Cavendish
Anthony Knivert
Charlotte Rosenauer
Aurora Mendoza
Richard Meyer
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

Great Hall - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 11:23 pm

Inigo smiled again

No need to thank, mi Senora. You can trust me about the Emperor's matter. I promise I'll do my duty. As Ambassador and as Charles's close friend..Just take care of yourself..
Back to top Go down
Isabella of Portugal
Empress of Holy Roman Empire
Isabella of Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 6:05 am

Isabella smiled they were actually getting along she quickly gave him a kiss before departing into her chamber.
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 11:54 pm

Inigo remained surprised after Isabella's kiss. He never thought he could feel empathy for her. He smiled to himself and walked back towards his Study Room
Back to top Go down
Eduardo Alvarez

Eduardo Alvarez

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 8:54 pm

I'm coming into room and I'm looking at everyone. The room is beautiful and it's bright. My name feels in every part of the hall.

-Eduardo Alvarez, Duke of Seville.-

I love this voice. I feel important and glorious. I'm walking to the table and I'm taking a glass of red vine. Some people dance, other people talk, but a pretty girl she's so lonely. I'm approaching to her when a smile I'm appearing in the face. I'm smiling and I'm very happy.

-Good Evening lady..?-
Back to top Go down
Valerie Meyer
Princess of Bavaria
Valerie Meyer

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 9:03 pm

I was very thoughtful that evening and I didn't want many people around me.
Perhaps, the ride of that morning made me tired. Yes, probably.
My ladies were all dancing while I remained close to the window, more or less quite and peaceful.

But suddenly I heard a male voice very close to me and I turned.
I looked curiously at him. I had never seen him before and, from his words, I understood that he didn't know me.

"Good evening to you" I said kindly "You must be new in this Court. I'm Princess Valerie" I introduced myself bowing my head a little "I'm the King's niece. And you are...?" I asked raising my eyebrow.
Back to top Go down
Eduardo Alvarez

Eduardo Alvarez

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 7:42 pm

She's beautiful and her hair are really so bright. I love her hair. She's different from other girls. She hasn't appeared noisy or boring, but she's strong and safety. My smile widens. I'm really happy to have seen her.

-I'm Duke of Seville, my uncle is the Spanish Emperor, Charles V. My name's Eduardo Alvarez, my princess.-

She interests me: she's powerful and rich. My army needs these elements.

-Wine?-

I handle my glass to her, smiling mischievously.

Last edited by Eduardo Alvarez on Tue May 13, 2014 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Valerie Meyer
Princess of Bavaria
Valerie Meyer

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 7:57 pm

I can't avoid myself from thinking he's really a handsome man. He's so tall and muscled, but the first thing I notice are his eyes: dark, but with an interesting light in them.
I wonder what do they hide inside...

After his explanation, I'm even more interested and surprised, but I try not to let him see so.
"How... interesting..." I say coming a little closer to him to study him "You know, I've met many dukes..." I say with a little challenging smile: I want to see his reaction "But none of them were family with such a powerful royal household. What does bring you in our little reign, your Grace? You are wheting my curiosity..."

I take the glass of wine he is offering to me with a little smile.
I notice his one very well...

"I suppose, you must have an army..." I say before drinking a little.
Back to top Go down
Eduardo Alvarez

Eduardo Alvarez

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 3:56 pm

The speech caught my attention. War, army and alcohol are my specialties.
A girl that talk of one of these, is a girl for marriage. My opinions on her are real.
In her eyes i'm seeing something sadistic and I like this, so much.

-I have an army. I have money. I have victory in my hand and I have prosperity for my people and for the Seville.-

I'm resuming the glass and I drink, satisfied. I
'm hoping to attract her attention.
She's an important girl, with her help I can become more powerful.
Back to top Go down
Valerie Meyer
Princess of Bavaria
Valerie Meyer

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 4:11 pm

I tilt a little my head and observe him, from his hair to his feet.

"How strange that with such prospects you are not married yet. How could a woman desire more than what you offer?"

I laugh a little. I glance at the people in the hall: they seem not to care about us, neither my uncle does. We are hidden enough from their curious eyes.

I walk slowly to him and make a turn around him, stopping behind his high shoulder.
"But what could a princess desire more?" I whisper in his ear.

I smile and return in front of him, grabbing a little strawberry in my hand from the table by our side.

"You didn't answer me. You seem a man of business, my lord. And I'm not stupid. What are your interest in our little reign? I care about my country as much as you care about yours, perhaps even more"
Back to top Go down
Eduardo Alvarez

Eduardo Alvarez

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 4:59 pm

I tried to deflect the question with poor results, but I like this determination.
She know what she want and I know what I want.
I have a greater chance to complete something.

-I'm searching for supporting, my princess.. but I was taught that receiving means giving. I'm a man of honor. My promise is all I can offer at a girl or a wife... or at a princess.- I'm smiling behind the glass.

-I noted with pleasure that you are interested or I'm wrong?-

I'm saying all this for to lure her interest and feel her proposal.
Back to top Go down
Valerie Meyer
Princess of Bavaria
Valerie Meyer

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 5:24 pm

I listen to him very carefully. I like his philiosphy, but I don't want to underestimate the real meaning of his words.
This man is very smart: I can only imagine the number of woman who fell at his feet.
He's ambitious, indeed.
I meet men interested in the crown above my head very often, and he doesn't seem different, except for one thing: he has power. And, unfortunately, I'm just a woman, a woman who needs power and support by her side.
Perhaps, we have something in common.

I smile mischievously, biting a little my lip: "And you noticed immediately my crown, didn't you?"

I look at the little strawberry in my hand and then I eat it, raising my eyes on him: "You interests me, indeed." I admit "We could help each other, but..." I raise my eyebrow "How unlucky you are..." I say theatrically "There are already men in front of my door. And my uncle's projects on me are mystery to me. What makes you so special, then?" I tease him "Be careful: men become boring very easily..."
Back to top Go down
Eduardo Alvarez

Eduardo Alvarez

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 5:59 pm

Her tone is different but I know it very well.
I have important meeting with dukes, kings and strategists every day.
I want to show my wares, my power.

-I didn't see nothing: you showed me your crown. I'm not a saint, I'm a man, but do not mess with both. I'm not here for false love or for hypocrisy. I do not know who you were, but now I know and I like you even more.-

I approach my hand to her face and clean her lips with my thumb.
I shrug and I think.

-I offer my army, you offer your army. We create a big army, we divide the spoils and we are happy both.- I take a strawberry. -Even men get tired of women, especially those useless. If I have to be the first on the list, I will make a war for You, my princess.-

I eat the strawberry and I smile. I hope to be convincing.

Last edited by Eduardo Alvarez on Thu May 15, 2014 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Valerie Meyer
Princess of Bavaria
Valerie Meyer

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 7:06 pm

I do not stop him.
Perhaps, I wouldn't let others have such a freedom of acts on me, but I say nothing when he touches me. I remain firm, with my eyes set on him.

I'm not very used to flirt and such attentions make me feel strange. However, at the same time, I know how strong I am and I've been teached not to fall in men's arms like other women would do.
I know I have to look above...

I take a look around, just to be sure again that no one is watching and I come closer to him, facing him with low voice: "I can't offer you an army, but I can offer you my blood inheritance and the love of my people. If I ask... they would follow me. These are bad times in Bavaria, and..."

I do not feel safe talking about such things in public.

"Come with me"

I lead him outside the Hall. As we cross the door, the sounds become lower and farer.
I walk to a quite place behind a corner, far enough from the crowds, and I speak again: "The King wishes to legitimate his new bastard, a half-blood of Bavaria and Portugal." I look straight in his eyes and continue "I fear that the Queen will never give a legitimate heir to this throne and if she doesn't, this little boy may take it. I will never let this happen. I have no news from my brother since months and, God forbid me, if he's dead, then I am the only rightful and legitimate heir to the King. I will not let a bastard take what is mine. I was raised to be Queen and I won't renounce to it. I swear to God, that I will start a war, if necessary. People know me and love me and they would support me, but I need help. I need an army, I need more power. I have many enemies and I must have what is necessary to fight them."

I raise my chin proudly, even thought he's much taller than me.

"I know very well that royals to not marry for love, but for interests. I'm not looking for love. I'm looking for resources. If... If you can give me what I need, I will share with you what I will conquest. You are a man and I'm just a woman, but a royal one. What is mine, will become yours: this is the natural order of things. Now, the question is: are you brave and strong enough to play this game?"
Back to top Go down
Eduardo Alvarez

Eduardo Alvarez

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 8:03 pm

I follow her out of the room. I'm really interested on what she wants to tell me.
She is determined. She has charisma and beauty. She knows how to make people love her. People is by her side. People can be powerful if led by the right person. And she is the right person.
Thrones, crown and grandeur. They could be our.
It looks confused, but also clear.
I trust this person. Her eyes don't lie.

-Portugal is small, It has missed a great opportunity. People are discouraged, It isn't a great problem. I'm worried about them but... the problem is Bavaria. Are you sure of what you say? People are with you? Because if so... Spain is with you.-

I look back. I'm really agitated.
This is an opportunity for my and her future, for our people.

-You have an army, my Queen.-

Last edited by Eduardo Alvarez on Thu May 15, 2014 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Valerie Meyer
Princess of Bavaria
Valerie Meyer

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 8:37 pm

I don't know yet if I can trust him or not, but he's the only choice I have, the only opportunity: I must take it.

"People are with me." I assure him strongly "I did much for them in the past and I received their love in return. They don't like strangers, but they would prefer a Spanish much more than a Portuguese because they are used to the Queen, my aunt, who is Spanish as well." I sigh and look fastly behind me before turning to him again.

I find myself smiling a little and I bite my lip: I like the sound of that word, even thought it is very dangerous to pronounce or just murmuring.

"Let's not talk about such matters anymore, especially in public. Some people would call it treason and, as I told you, there are many people who would be glad to see me arrested and dead in this Court..."

I think it is almost done and I feel excited and strange at the same time.
I love my uncle, he's like a father to me, but I can't forgive him for what he plans to do. I do not share his point of view and I can't understand his reasons.

"I understand why you are here, now" I say to him with a little smirk on my lips "You are not the kind of man who does something without a purpose, aren't you? You like challenges and clearly you are very ambitious. I am the ace in your sleeve. I am exactly what you were coming for... Do I guess right?"

I smile again. Being so close to a man has a strange effect on me and I don't know why.
I feel... a little nervous.

"I don't care" I say finally "If you are by my side..." I don't know why, but those last words seem strange to be pronounced.

"Now you just have to convince the King to let you marry me. I'm under his custody and I can do nothing without his permission, especially marrying someone..."

Last edited by Valerie Meyer on Thu May 15, 2014 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eduardo Alvarez

Eduardo Alvarez

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 2:18 pm

I know the risks to which I go against, but I like challenges and I like this girl not only for her look but also because of her character.
If I must have a wife, she's the right girl.
I'm not sure if it will be a pacific cohabitation, but I'm really determined to have the throne through her.

-May I have the honor of this dance, my princess?-

She already knew too much about me.
I smile and I extend my hand.
Returning in the Hall it's the best thing.
Now we will have fun and we'll demonstrate to everyone that we are a good combination.

We need to get noticed by King Richard: he's the only man that can allow our marriage.
I need his blessing. Everything must be done for my purpose and...for her...

Last edited by Eduardo Alvarez on Thu May 15, 2014 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Valerie Meyer
Princess of Bavaria
Valerie Meyer

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 3:57 pm

I glance at him with my eyebrow raised up.

He seems not to like questions and perhaps it is a good thing.
He knows how to persuade people without letting them know what he is thinking.
If we have success, this man will become my husband and lord: the idea makes me a little nervous, for I'm going to share everything I have with him.
I hope I'm not making a mistake. Everything is happening very fastly and I wish my brother was here to suggest me... But he's not and I have to make this decision alone...
I'm sure that from now on everything will change and it will not be easy...

I take a long breath and then I put my hand in his. It is big and warm and it makes me feel thrilled somewhere along my back.
"Yes, you can"

I walk with him inside the Hall again and we take our position in the middle of it with the other dancers.
As the musicians begin to play and we start to dance, I observe him: he's clearly older than me, but he's tall, muscled and he has an attractive face, despite his dark cold eyes.
I'm able to see myself bedside him but I wonder what he hides under the mask he wears.
Until I won't figure it out, I won't take mine off... He would make a big mistake if he thinks to rule on me easily. I hope he's not underestimating me because if he's doing so, then he is a fool.
Back to top Go down
Eduardo Alvarez

Eduardo Alvarez

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 8:57 pm

I put a hand on her hip and look in her eyes.
The room is overcrowded.
The noise of the guests does not make me think and feel at my ease.
Everybody seeing us could think that we are happy and actually I am.
We begin to dance slowly.
I smile politely and look into her eyes.
There are many people but at the moment I only have eyes for her.

-You are very beautiful, my princess. You know?-
Back to top Go down
Valerie Meyer
Princess of Bavaria
Valerie Meyer

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 12:13 pm

I try to focus my attention on the music and to the dance steps I have to follow.
Usually, doing so is easy to me, but this evening is different.
I think to what we discussed over and over again and I feel his eyes on me: it is hard to concentrate and pretending he's a man like the others and I don't care about him.
I mean.. I don't care about him: it is just business, isn't it?

I smile to his words and put both my hands to his shoulders, he takes my by my hips and I make a little jump, as it is requested by the dance.

"Danke... But-" I take his hand and make a turn "I hope you're talking about my mind" I joke "Perhaps beauty can be a help, especially for a woman, but it's not the most important thing, I think."

Now we are very close and I can't avoid myself from looking in his eyes "You have charm and you are fascinating. I can only imagine how many hearts you must have broken..." I smile a little and then continue "I won't underestimate you. I suggest you not to do the same with me..."
Back to top Go down
Eduardo Alvarez

Eduardo Alvarez

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 7:32 pm

I make her spin and I hold her to me.
I look her in the eyes. She's fantastic and her smile heat my heart and cool my body.
She isn't a normal girl. She's beautiful inside and out her body.
Her idea matches with my idea.
Mind and body cooperating together.

-I admit that you are not simply nice, but your mind and your... charm are the best thing that I have seeing in ever my life in one person.-

My lips are near her ear and they smile.

-You have attracted me. I can't underestimate you... Nobody have won with me.-

I hold my hands around her hips and she make a little jump.
Back to top Go down
Valerie Meyer
Princess of Bavaria
Valerie Meyer

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 3:36 pm

His breath on my skin makes me startle. I can't avoid myself from gripping harder his hand and to look astonished at him.
It takes me some moments to find the right words to answer him: "Perhaps, you didn't find a player good enough to play with you... until now"

The dance finishes and we all stop and clap.
However, before the crowd straggle, I come enough close to him to let him hear my words: "I'll talk to my uncle during our ride tomorrow. Meet me in the rose garden at midnight. I will let you know more"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Great Hall
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3