The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Anne Lumley's bedchamber

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Anne Lumley
4th Baroness of Ogle
Anne Lumley

Anne Lumley's bedchamber - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 9:02 pm

She couldn't help but laugh a little,"Not lie to me, but with me-in my bed."
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 12:18 am

"Charles remained silent for a while. Then a teasing smile appeared on his lips"

Forgive me if I'm so...bold. But...was your husband...impotent? Oh, you can choose not to answer, of course...

"He added quickly, noticing her embarassment"
Back to top Go down
Anne Lumley
4th Baroness of Ogle
Anne Lumley

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 8:43 am

Feeling the effects of the wine she chuckled and filled up her glass again,"Yes,"she said after a while,"I suppose that is the word for it."

She sipped her wine thirstily and glanced over her shoulder at him,"More?"she asked and gestured to his glass.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 5:32 pm

"Charles nodded, looking at his glass"

Oh yes...thank you. Ehm...I think it must be very...embarassing for a man. Why don't you ask an annullment, my lady?

"He asked again, raising hie eyes to her"
Back to top Go down
Anne Lumley
4th Baroness of Ogle
Anne Lumley

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 9:02 pm

She padded over and filled his glass to the brim,"He is kind to me. I can't lie. I could barely read or write when I married him. Now I can even speak some French and Spanish."

She scoffed,"My mother said a woman only needed to learn how to use the 'gift between her thighs'...she said there were no need for education...not for a girl."

She took her seat again, cross legged and head tilted to the side. Her head felt a little light but she smiled serenely.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 9:19 pm

"Charles raised an eyebrow after her words"

Well...I think that you mother meant that your beauty can bring you far. But...education is important as well, in my opinion. Unluckily for him, your husband couldn't taste...the gift between your thighs...

"He said with a teasing smile. Then took a sip from wine"

Last edited by Charles Brandon on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anne Lumley
4th Baroness of Ogle
Anne Lumley

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 6:28 pm

She nearly choked on her wine at his words and laughed lightheartedly.

She shrugged and finished off another glass of wine as she stretched out in her chair. Sighing deeply she looked at the burning out fire,"I am much bound,"she whispered.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 6:37 pm

"Charles was sipping his wine and followed her glance towards the fire"

What do you mean, my lady?

"He asked, leaning his back against the sofa"
Back to top Go down
Anne Lumley
4th Baroness of Ogle
Anne Lumley

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 6:39 pm

She glanced up and smiled,"Nothing,"she replied quickly and then giggled and stood up.

She skipped to the window and perched on the seat,"Since you are here...can you think of any games to play? I have no idea how people entertain themselves in the evenings at court."
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 6:44 pm

"Charles looked curiously at her"

A game? Uhm...what kind of game have you in mind, my lady?

"He asked with a tesing smile"
Back to top Go down
Anne Lumley
4th Baroness of Ogle
Anne Lumley

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 6:50 pm

She fiddled with her wedding band and sighed for a moment and then glanced up,"Oh I don't know. You've spent more nights in court than I ever have."

She shrugged and tilted her head -as she so often did- to the side, a tumble of dark curls fell over her left shoulder and broad and bright smile formed on her face,"Teach me something."
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 6:57 pm

"Charles left his glass on table and stood up"

Uhm...what about cards, lady Anne? I can teach you...something, if you want...

"He said staring at her. He noticed she had beautiful hairs and a very attractive smile"
Back to top Go down
Anne Lumley
4th Baroness of Ogle
Anne Lumley

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 7:02 pm

She looked at him, acting serious,"I said no need for titles and yes I would love to play cards."

She giggle as she retrieved a neatly packaged deck from her desk drawer which contained her unfinished letter to her husband, for a moment she felt a tinge of guilt but the perfume of the wine over came her.

"I should warn you,"she said and took a seat, bringing the bottle of wine with her again,"I'll steal a fortune from you."
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 7:09 pm

"He sat at her table, leanining his elbow on it. He immediately laughed for her words"

Really? Oh...I hope you won't. I have many children to take care about. Does your husband take care of you? Oh...forgive my question...

"He added quickly, pretending to look for cards on the table"
Back to top Go down
Anne Lumley
4th Baroness of Ogle
Anne Lumley

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 7:14 pm

She chuckled and sat on the edge of the table, her small bare feet dangling over the edge,"He does actually. He spoils me. He buys me books and dresses and cares for me. Since we have no children he can spend all his money on me,"she replied and grinned.

"Now tell me this game,"she replied, half lying on the table. Elbows on table, hands on chin and lips smiling.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 8:56 pm

"Charles took cards and put some on table"

Alright...we can play at trump french. It was my poor first wife's favourite game...

"He sighed while Margaret crossed his mind. Then he tried to smile again"
Back to top Go down
Anne Lumley
4th Baroness of Ogle
Anne Lumley

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 9:00 pm

Anne patted his hand,"Come come-you have a pretty new wife now. Tonight we shall smile and speak nothing of sad times."
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 9:03 pm

"Charles noticed her hand on his. He smiled, clearing his throat again"

Yes...of course. Well, what do you know about this game, my lady?

"He asked, moving his eyes from her hand to her pretty face"
Back to top Go down
Anne Lumley
4th Baroness of Ogle
Anne Lumley

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 9:05 pm

She laughed and shrugged again,"Nothing at all."

She began to drink some more wine and passed him over the bottle.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 9:15 pm

"Charles smiled and showed her some cards"

Alright...look at here, my lady. That's very easy. Each card contains a list of numerical data, and the aim of the game is to compare these values in order to try to trump and win an opponent's card...

"He explained, raising sometimes his eyes amd meeting hers"
Back to top Go down
Anne Lumley
4th Baroness of Ogle
Anne Lumley

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 9:18 pm

She practically lay across the table with only her bent knees on her chair. Occasionally she would sip her wine.
And all the while, she would nod and smile, whilst resting her head on her hand.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 9:20 pm

"Charles showed her another card"

So...the goal in this game is...

"He stopped suddenly, noticing her absent expression"

Am I making you bored, my lady?
Back to top Go down
Anne Lumley
4th Baroness of Ogle
Anne Lumley

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 9:33 pm

She laughed,"No, I'm quite enthralled."

She glanced at the cards,"So the goal in the game is..."
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 9:43 pm

"Charles smiled. He licked slowly his lower lip"

The goal of this game is...to entertain a beautiful lady...

"He whispered never leaving his eyes from hers"
Back to top Go down
Anne Lumley
4th Baroness of Ogle
Anne Lumley

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 9:46 pm

She laughed and sat up, finishing yet another glass of wine,"That is your goal...what is mine?"she inquired.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anne Lumley's bedchamber   Anne Lumley's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anne Lumley's bedchamber
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next