The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Garden

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Joanna of Castille
Queen of Spain
Joanna of Castille

Garden - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden   Garden - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 10:42 pm

I smiled gaily and nodded to Joan. "Oh yes, please do sing a song!"
Back to top Go down
Joan Fitzgerald
Countess of Ormonde
Joan Fitzgerald

Garden - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden   Garden - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 12:49 am

As we carried on walking I began to sing. I wish I was in Carrickfergus, only for nights in Ballygran.I would swim over the deepest ocean, the deepest ocean for my love to find,But the sea is wide and I can't swim over, neither have I wings to fly.If I could find me a handsome boatman to ferry me over to my love and die.My childhood days bring back sad reflections of happy times spent so long ago.My boyhood friends and my own relations have all passed on now like the melting snow,But I'll spend my days in endless roaming; soft is the grass, my bed is free.Ah, to be back now in Carrickfergus on that long road down to the salty sea. I sighed feeling a long way from home and the carefree Ireland I so missed.
Back to top Go down
Joanna of Castille
Queen of Spain
Joanna of Castille

Garden - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden   Garden - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 12:38 am

I smiled and applauded softly. "That was a lovely song. Shall you like to hear one that my mother taught me?"
Back to top Go down
Joan Fitzgerald
Countess of Ormonde
Joan Fitzgerald

Garden - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden   Garden - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 7:51 am

I dipped into a little curtsey only to rise up giggling. Your majesty is to kind. Of course I would love to hear it. I said eagerly this would be the first time I would hear a queen sing! What an honour this was for me. What is the song about.
Back to top Go down
Joanna of Castille
Queen of Spain
Joanna of Castille

Garden - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden   Garden - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 8:58 pm

"It's a song about the sadness of a lost love. I learned it at my mother's court, and everyone would drink and sing along." I closed my eyes and began. "Attached to this corner the way you're attached to my heart, the shots I drink are pure sadness and my pain. You left and I don't know why. I know you loved me and adored me. And just in case you want to return, I will wait, I will wait. Shots of bitter liquor that can't make me forget, and I feel like a coward and I even start to cry." I smiled and looked at Joan. "It reminds me of my husband. He should be here any minute, if he's not with that tramp of his. I want to give him another child after we return from England. I'm going to visit my sister Catherine and see her new baby Mary. Oh, she is so happy as Queen of England!" I smiled happily and began to walk around calling out for my husband.
Back to top Go down
Joan Fitzgerald
Countess of Ormonde
Joan Fitzgerald

Garden - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden   Garden - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 2:07 am

My smile immediately faded as she mentioned her husband he was dead. I couldn't correct her, I went along with what she was saying scared she might at least hurt herself. His tramp will certainly pay for your unhappiness my queen! In his lifetime I had wondered who his tramp was. A commoner perhaps, maybe a slightly high ranked lady desperate for some attention. I am sure you will have many more children for Philip. My queen the weather is rather hot here, let us dance under this canopy. I gently guided her trying to hide my concern.
Back to top Go down
Joanna of Castille
Queen of Spain
Joanna of Castille

Garden - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden   Garden - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 6:18 am

It seemed the fog had lifted, and for a moment I felt dazed. It was almost as if I could hear Philip's voice from beyond the grave. Feeling foolish, I simply nodded to Joan and let her take me. "I was never a superb dancer, Catherine had better grace, but now it's just us, and so we shall dance to our hearts content!"
Back to top Go down
Joan Fitzgerald
Countess of Ormonde
Joan Fitzgerald

Garden - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden   Garden - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 11:14 pm

I wanted to call for her physician to fix her with a herbal drink but I did not trust that devious son of hers. You can be yourself completely around me. I will never judge or tell no one take comfort in that. After I got her into the shade I looked to fetch her some water. Are you thirsty? I never knew that the queen of England was a dancer. You both must have been so very close when you were younger.
Back to top Go down
Joanna of Castille
Queen of Spain
Joanna of Castille

Garden - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden   Garden - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 8:18 pm

I Smiled at Joan and accepted the water, its sweet cold liquid running down my parched throat. "Do not let Catherine's pious look fool you, for when we were younger and still unwed, we practiced dancing as devoutly as we learned our prayers and saints days. Of course, it's easy to be happy in such a paradise as the Alhambra..."
Back to top Go down
Joan Fitzgerald
Countess of Ormonde
Joan Fitzgerald

Garden - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden   Garden - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 10:25 pm

Alhambra that's in Granada isn't it. I have heard that every person who is sad shall regain their smile whilst being their. These stories Joanna kept recalling were fantastic to hear. She really did have a wonderful life before her husband treated her badly. Oh pish to Catherines maid! We are but invincible under the shade dancing from others. Would you like a fan your highness.
Back to top Go down
Joanna of Castille
Queen of Spain
Joanna of Castille

Garden - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden   Garden - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 3:59 am

"A fan would be lovely," I said, and motioned to a nearby servant to get mine. She returned with a wide fan painted with dragons and angels. She remained to fan myself and Joan. "Dancing is one way to be set free. When first we moved into the Alhambra and my mother set up court there, the beautiful women slaves danced for us at feasts. They wore diaphanous robes of vivid scarlet, fuchsia, gold and cerulean. They had such grace and erotic rhythm. Naturally my father took one or two of them as his mistresses."
Back to top Go down
Joan Fitzgerald
Countess of Ormonde
Joan Fitzgerald

Garden - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden   Garden - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 4:59 am

I watched with fascination as a servant fanned both of us down. Taking some water I relaxed back enjoying it. Have you ever thought about writing your memoirs. I would read them you have lived a life like none other.
Back to top Go down
Joanna of Castille
Queen of Spain
Joanna of Castille

Garden - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden   Garden - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 10:25 pm

I feigned a modest smile but inside I was very pleased. "I actually began mmy memoirs when I was just a child of ten. I brought my diaries with me when I married Philip, and one night during a particularly intense argument, he took my diary and threw it into the fireplace! Oh I was so angered! But I wrote every word down again, for I remembered them all." I tapped the side of my head.
Back to top Go down
Joan Fitzgerald
Countess of Ormonde
Joan Fitzgerald

Garden - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden   Garden - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 9:48 pm

I smiled the most wicked smiles I had ever shown in my life. Their are many many people who claim to be a child of Philips. Have you or have you ever been tempted to humiliate them.
Back to top Go down
Joanna of Castille
Queen of Spain
Joanna of Castille

Garden - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden   Garden - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 5:22 am

I stiffened. "I know that. And believe me, none of them have been truthful! I would know my husband's children, illegitimate or no. I would be able to see his soul peering out from their eyes. But not even I could keep track of all his affairs, and so I'm sure he has bastards in the humblest of places: bastards of milk maids and daughters of poor families."
Back to top Go down
Juana of Aragon
Queen of Naples and Jerusalem
Juana of Aragon

Garden - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden   Garden - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 8:21 pm

-Princess Rosalina was the only daughter of Alfonso di Calabria of Aragon and Lucrezia Borgia, she had been given word that she was to go and visit her cousin Joanna the Queen of Castile, Rosalina had been gifted with great beauty even though she was a Borgia she was also of Aragonese and Trastamara blood, her own grandfather was the King of Naples Alfonso II and his parents and his parents parents and so on would have been her grandparents, Long lines of Kings and Queens of Aragon, Castile and long lines of nobility of the houses of Burgundy,

Rosalina was given a ship to set sail to Joanna's kingdom, she knew well it was some time since she had seen her cousin but she wasn't sure if she would be so welcome after her affair with Philip, The princess once arrived in Spain to see her cousin had entered through the grounds but when at the Gardens of the Palace she stood with her at her side her brother Rodrigo Borgia of Aragon, Standing there she was with child as well and she had grown much with child being mere short months left until the birth would occur, her hand on her stomach as she is carrying a child within her whom Philip would claim as his own legitimately.

Looking at Joanna she stood there and curtsied low to her and was announced by a messenger "Your majesty, the Princess Rosalina is here to see you" the messenger spoken announcing the Princesses presence as she stayed waiting for Joanna's response to her coming-
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

Garden - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden   Garden - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 4:30 pm

Charles had decided to pay homage to his mother, yet when he arrived at the convent he couldn't move himself to go inside. Sitting outside in the gardens he looked down at his hands and he felt suddenly angry with himself "Am I not the King?" he whispered but his voice was full of anger and spite and he clenched his fists; why was he so reluctant to go inside? He looked at the fountain infront of him; perhaps it was guilt. Looking at the servant who stood near by, he nodded for him to go and fetch his mother for him.
Back to top Go down
Joanna of Castille
Queen of Spain
Joanna of Castille

Garden - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden   Garden - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 5:57 pm

I came out to greet my son in the garden. My hair was pinned up with a pearl and ivory comb; my dress was golden-brown damask. My hands were folded before me. I looked the very picture of a queen. I kept my face void of worry or concern. I knew the lies spread about me and wished not to give more fuel to the fire. "Charles," I said, "son."
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

Garden - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden   Garden - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 11:09 am

Charles looked at his mother and his eyes were no longer cold and his usual calm and cold facade was crumbling around him and he took a deep breath "Mother." he finally said and he felt nerves rack his body; it had been a long time, and he was a man now, no longer a school boy near King, he was an Emperor and his people relied on him "I wish to speak about Catherine and a betrothal." he said and his gaze wandered over his mother; examining her to see if she was in good health.
Back to top Go down
Joanna of Castille
Queen of Spain
Joanna of Castille

Garden - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden   Garden - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 6:48 pm

My eyes narrowed slightly, taking in his demeanor. He appeared with a sort of guilt, a sense of duty that he wished not to carry out. "I see you don't ask about your poor dear mother. Nevertheless, come, sit. Tell me exactly what you have planned."
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

Garden - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden   Garden - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 9:47 pm

Charles raised an eyebrow at her words "You are forgetting mother, that I get daily reports on how you are." he said and he nodded and he gracefully walked over and he sat down "I have John of Portugal in mind." he admitted and he stroked his chin thoughtfully before nodding "I think it would be a good match, that way she will be Queen a rank she deserves by all means."
Back to top Go down
Joanna of Castille
Queen of Spain
Joanna of Castille

Garden - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden   Garden - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 1:10 am

My voice was like ice. "How silly of me to forget." I sat, not knowing how hot the weather was until a breeze passed and cooled a droplet of sweat on the back of my neck. "John... Yes, it's a good match. Catherine will be very happy to hear the news, at least she will when it's made official." Inside I felt stricken with terror. My daughter was the only one to bear my imprisonment with me. What would I have if she left?
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

Garden - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden   Garden - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 10:18 pm

He nodded at her words and he took a deep breath "I had hoped she would be happy for the match." he said to him and his hands were on his knees now and he was staring at the ground, he looked thoughtful "Although I do need to visit him, see for myself he will not treat her with anything less than the upmost respect and honour."
Back to top Go down
Joanna of Castille
Queen of Spain
Joanna of Castille

Garden - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden   Garden - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 3:01 am

I studied my son as he spoke his true heart. A little silence was born between us, shimmering in its intensity of things unsaid. "You are kind to look out for your sister. I am sure she will appreciate it," I replied. My eyes settled on Charles and the image of his father Philip was glaringly clear. "Catherine prays for your good health every day, and instructs me to do so as well."
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

Garden - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden   Garden - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 3:42 pm

He was surprised at her words and he looked at his, he was no longer the figure of authority around his mother; somehow, just somehow he always managed to show his true self. He nodded slowly and he took a deep breath "I must look out for her." he said to him "If I did not, her betrothed will think he can treat her as he wishes; I would not have one hair on her head harmed." he said simply and he looked away again, thoughts were pummelling through his mind and he nodded again "Yet Catherine knows I am least deserving of your prayers, especially yours, mother." he said, finally speaking what was not said between them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Garden - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden   Garden - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Garden
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next