The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Garden of Versailles

Go down 
+5
Marguerite de Valois
Cecily More
Ralph Ellerker
Christophe Sinclair
Coralie Guyot
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

Garden of Versailles Empty
PostSubject: Garden of Versailles   Garden of Versailles I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 7:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Garden of Versailles   Garden of Versailles I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 7:35 pm

Walking blissfully alone; I slowly let my mahogany hair fall out of place. I had waited for the windy spring time to begin. With the sun guiding my way and the wind at my back; I headed forth on my walk. I had for some while not seen my dearest closet of friends as far as I knew France wasn't at war. Coming up the little hill I turned looking back at the palace garden coming into bloom. I could sit here for many an hour letting time go by.
Back to top Go down
Christophe Sinclair
Soldier
Christophe Sinclair

PostSubject: Re: Garden of Versailles   Garden of Versailles I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 7:15 pm

On his daily walk to take the fresh air, Christophe saw a familiar figure coming in his direction. Smiling, he advance with agility and took a deep bow before her. "Mademoiselle! I had thought I would not see you again! I hope you remember your sir knight Christophe!"
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Garden of Versailles   Garden of Versailles I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 12:50 pm

I wanted to jump out and hug him; but instead I kept myself calm letting only the excitement in my voice be known.

"A gallant knight may I add! How could I ever forget you; why did you miss me."

Christophe was my dearest and only friend here at the French court. I had known him for many years and confided in him my most inner secrets.

"You look very... happy are you happy Christophe."

Back to top Go down
Christophe Sinclair
Soldier
Christophe Sinclair

PostSubject: Re: Garden of Versailles   Garden of Versailles I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 3:57 am

Though the excitement in her voice hadn't changed, he noticed she held herself like a true lady. She was in control of her emotions, but he knew she had missed him as much as he missed her. He gathered her in his arms and embraced her. "You were greatly missed, mademoiselle. Your effervescent spirit is much needed at court." He thought about her question: was he happy? And he was glad to answer that he was the happiest man in the world.
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Garden of Versailles   Garden of Versailles I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 9:39 pm

"The French court has changed it seems. Our you a father yet."

I asked rather cheekily as I walked in front of him. I adored his friendship it kept the sad times at bay. I could tell him things that no other person would dare understand.

"I'm finally turning into a young woman I do miss  gallivanting around; being a free spirit you will never guess whom I had to meet."

I hung my head exasperating a loud sigh as my foot dug into the dirt. It was hard to tell Christophe this and I didn't want to face him as that means facing the truth.

"My lousy father made me meet with Gaston a potential suitor. He was as boring as sin"
Back to top Go down
Christophe Sinclair
Soldier
Christophe Sinclair

PostSubject: Re: Garden of Versailles   Garden of Versailles I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 1:10 am

He gave a soft chuckle. "I'm not yet a father, but Angelique and I are working on it." He had indeed noticed that Coralie was growing up, but thought it wouldn't be proper to mention such. "Gaston? Do you think your father plans you to marry him?"
Back to top Go down
Coralie Guyot
Lady-in-waiting
Coralie Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Garden of Versailles   Garden of Versailles I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 5:48 pm

I tried to hide my embarrassed face as he told me such intimate details. For the first time I felt jealous and a little protective over him. Maybe it was the fact he had acted like a father to me when I most needed a male figure. Either way I was just a nobody, a common lady in waiting with nothing to give him.

"Yes it seems that Gaston is the man I shall be married to. A lady so young shouldn't be unmarried. I don't want to marry as he might stop our friendship! Men get rather jealous of other men."
Back to top Go down
Christophe Sinclair
Soldier
Christophe Sinclair

PostSubject: Re: Garden of Versailles   Garden of Versailles I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 1:04 am

"You know I would let nothing get in the way of our friendship, Coralie. You've been like a sister to me. In fact, if Gaston even attempts to rid you of me, I shall hit him on the head with the butt of my sword," he jested.
Back to top Go down
Ralph Ellerker
Knight
Ralph Ellerker

PostSubject: Re: Garden of Versailles   Garden of Versailles I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 8:13 am

It was a crisp autumn day, the leaves were golden and red and in the distance my gardener was clearing some leaves.
I take a walk around the grounds with my ladies behind me when a messenger runs up with a message that the lady Cecily More was here, a smile spreads across my face. "Please show the Lady Cecily to our gardens." He nods and runs of to find the Lady Cecily.
Back to top Go down
Cecily More
Lady
Cecily More

PostSubject: Re: Garden of Versailles   Garden of Versailles I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 9:47 pm

Cecily did not return with the others back to England rather she stayed behind in hopes that she would find herself. Soon she would be married off if the rumors were true the Howard family practically ruled the court at the moment and she didn't want to get caught up in all that. They all sounded like a tiresome family. After taking some morning tea with some french delicacy it was time to meet with the french queen. Your majesty thank you for taking the time to meet with me. Cecily curtsied before the queen; her eyes looking at the lovely winter flowers in the garden.
Back to top Go down
Ralph Ellerker
Knight
Ralph Ellerker

PostSubject: Re: Garden of Versailles   Garden of Versailles I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2016 6:02 pm

" Welcome Lady Cecily, I do hope your stay at the French court is to your liking."
I see in front of me a true English beauty, something you rarely see around in our court, I was sure she must have caught the attention of many French nobles.
"Would you care to join me for a walk around my gardens my lady,"
Back to top Go down
Cecily More
Lady
Cecily More

PostSubject: Re: Garden of Versailles   Garden of Versailles I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 8:08 am

I would be honored your majesty! Cecily rises up from her curtsy keeping a few feet behind the queen at all times throughout their conversation. The kindness shown from the french queen was natural and put Cecily immediately at ease there even was a trace of her mother, she could see in Claude which brought tears to her eyes. A mothers kindness and love would always be irreplaceable, but it had been so long since Cecily had felt it from someone who truly meant it. Thank you your highness I wasn't very happy in England.
Back to top Go down
Ralph Ellerker
Knight
Ralph Ellerker

PostSubject: Re: Garden of Versailles   Garden of Versailles I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2017 6:48 pm

I hear a hint of sadness in Lady Cecily's voice and my mother Instincts in me wanted to comfort her, but I did not want to make her feel uncomfortable.
"May I ask why you was unhappy in England. "
I stop near a bench and wave my hand to gesture if she would like to take a seat. My ladies move quickly and place small satin pillows on the bench for both her and I.
Back to top Go down
Cecily More
Lady
Cecily More

PostSubject: Re: Garden of Versailles   Garden of Versailles I_icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 8:38 am

Talking about her greatest unhappiness would only trouble Cecily more. Like snow trapped in a glass. The comforts of her family life were turned upside down when she was only a child. She sniffed. As if the pollen flowers were affecting her.

It hasn't felt like home in a long while.

Back to top Go down
Ralph Ellerker
Knight
Ralph Ellerker

PostSubject: Re: Garden of Versailles   Garden of Versailles I_icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 9:08 am

With summer dancing in the air and a small light breeze bringing the smell of the newly opened roses I notice the lady sniff as if the pollen was affecting her.
" Would you rather be inside my lady and maybe we could have some refreshments if you rather."
I nodded my head in understanding as a memory of my home floods my mind.
" You will one day follow your path and it will lead to your home, I truly believe in fate and that good things happen to those that deserve it and I have heard many great things about your family."
Back to top Go down
Marguerite de Valois
Princess of France
Marguerite de Valois

PostSubject: Re: Garden of Versailles   Garden of Versailles I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2018 9:15 pm

With summer vast approaching I was alone at Versailles most of the time. In my free time I had tried my best to befriend some ladies of her own age but could not, they were far too immature for my liking and spent most of their time looking in the mirrors. I watched with a smile on my lips as two lovers went running by me.
Back to top Go down
Henri II Valois
Prince of France
Henri II Valois

PostSubject: Re: Garden of Versailles   Garden of Versailles I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 12:29 pm

I decided to go and get some fresh air as i had not been out all day and i head out to the garden where i see my sister Marguerite.
"My dear sister how are you this fine morning
Back to top Go down
Juliette Dupont
Lady-in-waiting
Juliette Dupont

PostSubject: Re: Garden of Versailles   Garden of Versailles I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2018 7:09 pm

As I went for a walk after returning from visiting an old friend in Scotland, the leaves on the trees in the garden started to change color. "Oh well, best take a stroll before Winter comes." I said to myself
Back to top Go down
Madeline Valois
Princess of France
Madeline Valois

PostSubject: Re: Garden of Versailles   Garden of Versailles I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2018 6:18 am

I was in the garden by the fountain looking at some plants when i suddenly see Juliet Dupont coming towards me.
"Juliet i see you have returned to France. I trust you had a good trip to Scotland?
Back to top Go down
Juliette Dupont
Lady-in-waiting
Juliette Dupont

PostSubject: Re: Garden of Versailles   Garden of Versailles I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2018 2:25 pm

I hear a familiar voice speak to me. As I look up to identify, I see Princess Madeline. "Princess." I said with a smile "yes. Scotland was wonderful"
Back to top Go down
Madeline Valois
Princess of France
Madeline Valois

PostSubject: Re: Garden of Versailles   Garden of Versailles I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2018 9:32 pm

Please do tell me of your time in Scotland my lady and may i say you look fantastic today
Back to top Go down
Juliette Dupont
Lady-in-waiting
Juliette Dupont

PostSubject: Re: Garden of Versailles   Garden of Versailles I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 1:57 am

I smile at the compliment as I tell her about the journey to Scotland. Suprising that Madeline knew about it even though I never told a soul. "It took days to get there, but was worth it."
Back to top Go down
Madeline Valois
Princess of France
Madeline Valois

PostSubject: Re: Garden of Versailles   Garden of Versailles I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 12:33 pm

"I am so pleased that you enjoyed yourself in Scotland my lady. Would you care to accompany me for a walk in the garden as i want to plant something new
Back to top Go down
Juliette Dupont
Lady-in-waiting
Juliette Dupont

PostSubject: Re: Garden of Versailles   Garden of Versailles I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 9:32 pm

"I love to join you" I said with a smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Garden of Versailles   Garden of Versailles I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Garden of Versailles
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next