The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Joan Champernowne Chamber.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Anthony Denny
Gentleman of the Privy Chamber
Anthony Denny

Joan Champernowne  Chamber. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joan Champernowne Chamber.   Joan Champernowne  Chamber. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 9:39 pm

"Close enough, " he mumbled with a chuckle, his hand touching her cheek and lip brushing against her soft skin.

He then sat down with a deep sigh, stretching out his legs and running his hands through his hair.
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

PostSubject: Re: Joan Champernowne Chamber.   Joan Champernowne  Chamber. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 10:22 pm

Sitting back I turned on my side facing him. He had very long legs that I had to fight back the urge to sit on his lap.  I bet you are a very good rider. I left my horse back at home but I would beat you in a race any day.
I smiled cheekily wondering if he accept my challenge what the prize might be.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: Joan Champernowne Chamber.   Joan Champernowne  Chamber. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 10:22 pm

He chuckled and rested his arms on the back of the seat, his lips turned into his habitual relaxed and confident smile, "I hunt from time to time, whenever I can really."

He then glanced to her and smirked playfully, "And I have yet to fall from my horse."

He then continued mischievously, casually glancing around the room at her things, "Besides...I would have to let you win - for the sake of chivalry, it would be an unfair race."
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

PostSubject: Re: Joan Champernowne Chamber.   Joan Champernowne  Chamber. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 11:08 pm

When he smiled it lightened up his face making it even more harder not to be naughty. You have no need to place me on a pedestal.

I let my fingers slowly move around the side of his neck. I enjoyed the feel of his skin beneath my touch. I would like to be your equal if you would allow me. I know men rule but to be equal with you in the hobbies we do would be lovely.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: Joan Champernowne Chamber.   Joan Champernowne  Chamber. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 11:17 pm

Anthony nodded and held her hand as she touched his neck. He then brought it to his mouth and kissed the back of her hand, "You should be on a pedestal...look at you."

He then let her hand go, "If that is what you wish, then so shall it be."
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

PostSubject: Re: Joan Champernowne Chamber.   Joan Champernowne  Chamber. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 11:30 pm

I jumped up taking his face within my hands, planting kisses all over his face. I take that as a sign that I can race you.

I realised that him touching me caused him much restraint but I was still learning to control myself. Don't worry when we are man and wife perhaps you will relax a bit more. Because then you would of had your wicked way with me.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: Joan Champernowne Chamber.   Joan Champernowne  Chamber. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 11:37 pm

Anthony sighed with a gentle laugh between her kisses.

"You are cruel then, "he said teasingly, "You tempt me with these wiles."

He moved closer to her, taking a deep breath; his hand brushed through her long, dark hair - his eyes upon hers. He smirked knowing that she was his now.
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

PostSubject: Re: Joan Champernowne Chamber.   Joan Champernowne  Chamber. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 11:53 pm

Aye no I am not I am only giving you a little taste of things to come.

I brought my palms slowly across his chest; feeling his smooth chest beneath his shirt. I then brought my hand up to his lips, smiling as I felt them. How did you come about joining the privy chamber.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: Joan Champernowne Chamber.   Joan Champernowne  Chamber. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 12:01 am

Anthony sighed and reclined at her touch, "My father gave me money to purchase land while I studied at Saint Paul's and John's in Cambridge. I travelled a little to the continent with what money I had left over, acquired a knowledge of languages and made some connections. By my return I was in royal service."

He added jokingly, "I required little but a good family name and an ability to drink as much as the rest of the men...which I could."
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

PostSubject: Re: Joan Champernowne Chamber.   Joan Champernowne  Chamber. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 12:38 am

My future was a very highly educated man at least we would never be bored of conversation. I decided to tell him a bit more of my family. My grandmother taught me how to read and sing. She believes that if you singing whilst doing chores it makes them easier. I hope that down the line our relationship will turn to mutual love. I don't see you as the man who has to marry me for a dowry.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: Joan Champernowne Chamber.   Joan Champernowne  Chamber. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 7:44 am

He smiled and placed his hand on her lap. He shut his eyes and imagined coming home to her, the way his home look at sunset and how she would look at the door, "She may be correct...but won't have to do chores. Not now, not when we are married."

He then looked at her, "Just how young are you Joan?

He let his hand touch her cheek, his thumb gently caressed her smooth skin - running over the pink flush on her cheeks which were without blemish.
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

PostSubject: Re: Joan Champernowne Chamber.   Joan Champernowne  Chamber. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 5:08 pm

I am 18 years of age, just the right age to marry one might say. I count my lucky stars that at least my father waited until a reasonable age. I did not care at how old Anthony was. He was, beautiful beyond words and was a good man.

Right now their is nothing that can deter my growing respect for you. Like I said earlier today you are as young as you feel. Taking his hand that was upon my face, I kissed each and everyone of his fingers.

Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: Joan Champernowne Chamber.   Joan Champernowne  Chamber. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 6:25 pm

Anthony grinned contentedly, feeling the warm touch of her lips on him. She was young, much younger than him but he love her just as well.
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

PostSubject: Re: Joan Champernowne Chamber.   Joan Champernowne  Chamber. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 7:14 pm

Is age really an Issue for you Anthony. I asked inquisitively as I moved from his lap, gliding to the other side of the room to retrieve my cloak. As I put it on the smell of home engulfed me, bringing with it the smell of home.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: Joan Champernowne Chamber.   Joan Champernowne  Chamber. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 7:16 pm

He shook his head casually, "No, I'm a man...if anything, your age is appealing."

He then tilted his head to the side, crossing his legs as he watched her put on the cloak. Anthony asked playfully, "Is that my cue to leave?"
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

PostSubject: Re: Joan Champernowne Chamber.   Joan Champernowne  Chamber. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 9:15 pm

I went over to where Anthony was sitting and placed myself comfortably on his lap. I'm going to go and catch the last ray of sunlight my sweet.

Locking my hands around his neck I rested my head against his, closing my eyes and just being in this moment with him.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: Joan Champernowne Chamber.   Joan Champernowne  Chamber. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 9:45 pm

He laughed, "'My sweet'?"

He held her chin and said with a smirk, "Now that is one thing I shall not abide. I command it."
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

PostSubject: Re: Joan Champernowne Chamber.   Joan Champernowne  Chamber. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 12:49 am

I hid my face against his chest feeling self-conscious about what I had just called him. It sounded more better in my head than it did out loud. I used to hear people call each other such names all the time. Perhaps we won't be one of those couples.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: Joan Champernowne Chamber.   Joan Champernowne  Chamber. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 6:59 am

The idea of calling her darling and he her sweet was strange for him - much too similar to his parents. While he was endeared to Joan in such a way that she appealed to his heart, there were certain things that his pride would not allow.

Nevertheless he laughed good-naturedly, a warmly and deep sound and ran his hand briefly over her hair. "No, perhaps not for now anyway. Joan and Anthony shall do very well."
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

PostSubject: Re: Joan Champernowne Chamber.   Joan Champernowne  Chamber. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 8:33 am

I have some terms of my own Anthony. As your future wife it's my entitlement that I have full access to your lips. I had to obey Anthony as he would be the head of our household. But I wanted us to experience a certain spontaneity within our relationship. I wanted to claim his kisses no matter when I would spring my lips upon his.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: Joan Champernowne Chamber.   Joan Champernowne  Chamber. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 7:23 am

He laughed heartily and then deeply replied, , "Granted."

Anthony then stood up and glanced about the room. He smiled to see her bed slightly untidy and her little trinkets.
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

PostSubject: Re: Joan Champernowne Chamber.   Joan Champernowne  Chamber. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 3:40 pm

Are you chambers near here Anthony. I wasn't sure about this court life just yet. Whilst I didn't want to rely on him it would be good to know if he was nearby.

My first day at court has proven to be very fruitful I hope it continues that way.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: Joan Champernowne Chamber.   Joan Champernowne  Chamber. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 3:45 pm

He smiled and took her hand, walking to the door with her. He unlatched the door and pointed along the corridor, "Down those stairs there and I am the last door on the right."

He then paused to look at her. For that moment he was quiet, his hand touched her neck which was nearly all but covered by her gown. He then nodded, with a small smile, "I'll leave you be."
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

PostSubject: Re: Joan Champernowne Chamber.   Joan Champernowne  Chamber. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 4:11 pm

My hand fitted perfectly in his I wrapped my fingers around his. As he stood in the doorway I took in his silhouette a shadow I wished never to forget. Such sweet sorrow that we must part for the night. May sleep allow you to dream or think of me to satisfy you until our eyes see each other again.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: Joan Champernowne Chamber.   Joan Champernowne  Chamber. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 4:17 pm

He smiled earnestly, taking both her hands to his lips while his bright eyes looked into hers, "Go gentle into your sleep," he said lowly and kissed her hands.

"We shall see each other soon."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joan Champernowne Chamber.   Joan Champernowne  Chamber. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joan Champernowne Chamber.
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next