The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Letters between Isa and James

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Isabel Hamilton
Lady-in-waiting
Isabel Hamilton

Letters between Isa and James Empty
PostSubject: Letters between Isa and James   Letters between Isa and James I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 1:48 am

"Rafe;

Well the weather in England is a little brighter than that in Scotland. They are not as friendly like back home in Stirling; more ruder than the average fellow. My stay shall be but brief I know that you shall look out for the tavern. I want a roaring fire to greet me home with the finest ale you can get your hands on. The touch of you delectable lips; I still feel them on my forehead.

Your humble servant;

Isa."
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Isa and James   Letters between Isa and James I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 8:53 am

Isabel,

Your letter eventually found it’s way to me and cheered my heart - which I freely confess, feels a little heavier in your absence. The tavern - though long has it stood - no longer seems the same. You have left your mark I fear on many more than just me - often have I heard patrons inquire after you and leave the inn with a weary sigh when told you have left.  

Isa, could it be that we are now bound in some invisible way? I feel as if - though you are far away, in a land rugged and unknown - we are still tied. I struggle to maintain any sense when I walk amongst the woods where we met that day and even my study cannot shake me into forgetting.

When shall you return? A date is all I ask of you. When shall you come home, for I am quite lost without you.

Yours,

James

p.s Burn this.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Hamilton
Lady-in-waiting
Isabel Hamilton

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Isa and James   Letters between Isa and James I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 10:52 am

"Rafe;

What you are feeling is what my mouth has been trying to say for so long. A sense of relief now fills me to know that we both share a common ground. I refuse to live in a world where you do not exist. Tell me where we are to meet so that we can ignite our friendship once more. I never actively sought out to leave my mark upon anyone I guess these things do happen.
I wait for your reply with a berated breath;
Isa."
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Isa and James   Letters between Isa and James I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 2:32 pm

Isabel,

I do not know how long it shall take for my messenger to deliver this note to you - perhaps a day, perhaps sooner. Know only that when you hold the parchment in your hand, I will be waiting for you. I cannot come closer to England - you must understand that. I will wait in the Hamlet of Auchlyne - far from the palace and a little closer to you.

Do the same with this letter as I asked you to do with the last...and be careful,

James
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Isa and James   Letters between Isa and James I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 7:58 pm

Isabel,

Thank you - again - for my shirts. As promised, here is a purse for your efforts. If my messenger has failed to give you the pouch and only this letter, send word and I shall retrieve your payment from him - who should surely be wasting the gold in the tavern.

I am truly glad you are home. Perhaps it is not proper to put upon parchment, yet I shall end this letter with a request to burn it...and so I shall write freely. I am drawn to you - in such a way that consumes me. You are my match, my equal - you are not so timid as to submit to my will and this only pulls the tie you have over me tighter.

Visit soon,

James

Letters between Isa and James 61219710

Back to top Go down
Isabel Hamilton
Lady-in-waiting
Isabel Hamilton

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Isa and James   Letters between Isa and James I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 9:24 pm

Rafe;

The purse arrived and it has to be the most feminine item that I own. Your kindness knows no bounds it just makes you sweeter. If things were different I would be yours and openly we could share such feelings for one another. I would never ask you to place or do anything you are uncomfortable with. No matter how much I crave magical days where we give in and let our lust for each other take over. I am yours undoubtedly and I shall remain so until you no longer wish it to be so. If ever I can make your feelings easier on yourself, let me know and it shall be done.

Humbly yours;

Isa

Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Isa and James   Letters between Isa and James I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 7:16 pm

Isabel,

Name where we may meet and when. The time seems very long since I heard from you and consider well that my absence from you grieves me sorely. For lack of time, I make an end of this letter, beseeching you to give me fast word of our meeting place.

Yours,

James
Back to top Go down
Isabel Hamilton
Lady-in-waiting
Isabel Hamilton

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Isa and James   Letters between Isa and James I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2015 3:47 pm

Rafe;

As the weather is nice shall we laze about in some abandoned field. Watching the clouds pass above us as we drink to our memories and make new ones. If you should know of such a place, let me know. But come by the tavern first so that we may ride together.

Isa.
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Isa and James   Letters between Isa and James I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2015 9:46 pm

Isabel,

Much indeed has changed.

As you will have surely heard, I am now a father to a boy. A son. Never have I quite known a feeling like it and, as I am no poet, I will never quite know the words to articulate the joy he has brought to us.

It is strange. I am young, only just King and only just married...yet now I have a life dependant on me. I'd like you to meet him. You shall see the image of me improved by Mary's softness. He is entirely perfect, Isabel.

If this letter finds you...and hopefully when it does, write back immediately and I shall come to you. I pray you are well and that you are happy.

James
Back to top Go down
Isabel Hamilton
Lady-in-waiting
Isabel Hamilton

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Isa and James   Letters between Isa and James I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 7:03 pm

"Dear James;

Congratulations on the birth of your son the tavern is completely run dry from all the celebrations. I am not a parent so I cannot imagine the love you feel for your son. He is the future of Scotland. I am most certain that you will give him the childhood that you yourself never got to experience. I am where I always am in the tavern you are always welcome here.

Your friend;

Isabelle"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Isa and James   Letters between Isa and James I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Letters between Isa and James
Page 1 of 1