The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Thomas and Joan's dinner room

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jane Craven
Duchess of York
Jane Craven

Thomas and Joan's dinner room - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thomas and Joan's dinner room   Thomas and Joan's dinner room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 4:25 pm

"Yes she does, she speaks fondly of Her Majesty. Unfortunately in her naivety she fail to recognise the shifting tides in court and Her Majesty without doubt will soon be banished. When I was girl and waited upon her we were roughly the same age and His Majesty and her had such a loving relationship...it is dad to see that it has gone sour and the Kings love have sprung and sprint.."

I smile at Joan,"Yes Elizabeth is my daughter and I think she does like it here...I hope so anyway..."
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Thomas and Joan's dinner room   Thomas and Joan's dinner room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 10:44 am

He smiles lovingly when Joan speaks of the temptations of court life and kisses her hand softly, then lays it back on the table and puts his hand on hers again.
'Well, you know I have only eyes for you, my love... '

He turns to lady Jane and add.
'... but Joan is right, there are many temptations and people are not allways what they seem to be... Elizabeth has to be careful.'

While the next course is served he takes a sip of his wine.
'I know she serves the Queen well... though I'm afraid she has no eye indeed for the reality of Her Majesty's position and also has not understood my reasonable request to keep me informed.'
Back to top Go down
Jane Craven
Duchess of York
Jane Craven

PostSubject: Re: Thomas and Joan's dinner room   Thomas and Joan's dinner room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 12:20 pm

Elizabeth is talented at achieving what she want's or at helping others...not by stamping her little feet but by allowing people to believe that they are indeed in charge. The true art of being a woman which she has mastered...and I pray she never looses. The King will tire of Anne Boleyn-he is a man and after all and a woman with an opinion is no good for wife material. Elizabeth understands this as I have taught her-the King will grow exasperated of Anne Boleyn's tantrums and his favour will go as swiftly as it came as he comes to crave the kindness and goodness of Katherine...
"I believe my daughter is a quiet storm and not a loud thunder-as some are. Despite her young age and naivety she is clever and can see...corruption, which is rife in court now-I am sure you must know that Wolsey..."

I nod as The Cardinal speaks- he obviously has to act on His Majesty's behalf however I don't agree with what is happening in court. Neither did Thomas...he and Wolsey agreed on change and that made Thomas one of His Majesty's favourite but he kept old values true. I often remember quarrels over changing policies in court and in truth when Wolsey began seeking a divorce for The King Thomas distanced himself from both Wolsey and court.
Elizabeth my dear daughter believes His Majesty will come to his senses as do many courtiers,"I will ask her to visit you, Your Eminence but as I do know Her Majesty keeps her ladies busy...I was one of her household during...happier times in court."
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Thomas and Joan's dinner room   Thomas and Joan's dinner room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 6:50 pm

He sigh after her words and is quiet for a moment, reflecting.
'Yes... there is a lot of corruption at court, everyone is fighting for his position. It's why I need to be the eyes and ears of the King, but I am just one man, Lady Jane, I can't be everywhere at the same time...'

He shrugs and smiles indulgent.
'Men like your Thomas are rare, not everyone is able to look further than their own interests and willingly to serve in the true meaning of the word!'

Leaning forward he adds while frowning.
'Please, let her visit me... you have served the Queen yourself, you reported to me, too! You know the importance of little things... and now, it is more necessary than ever that I have to know what is going on.'
Back to top Go down
Jane Craven
Duchess of York
Jane Craven

PostSubject: Re: Thomas and Joan's dinner room   Thomas and Joan's dinner room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 10:09 pm

I nod- if a little reluctantly,"I will Your Eminence but I must say...it does not appear it but Elizabeth is very strong willed and I fear that despite your best efforts she may be reluctant to provide any ...extra information about Her Majesty. She will do her duties but I doubt she will do any more than the required amount. She is a wilful girl...her fathers daughter..."
Back to top Go down
Joan Larke
Governess
Joan Larke

PostSubject: Re: Thomas and Joan's dinner room   Thomas and Joan's dinner room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 6:00 pm

*she samiles at them and speaks* I'm sure Elizabeth doesn't mind the position of the queen my love, she venerates her, and she will go with her anywhere she would go, the love professes for her magesty and the relegion is strongger than everything else
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Thomas and Joan's dinner room   Thomas and Joan's dinner room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 6:40 pm

He listens attentively to them and nodds slowly.
´Yes... and Her Majesty will be pleased by her, she is well-mannered and good company to her.' he rubs his chin. He is right after all, Elizabeth will not help him. Normally this would be reason enough to fire her... but the circumstances at court are far from normal nowadays.
Katherine will loose, one way or the other but meanwhile Elizabeth will support her and bring comfort to her in these dark days she has to face.
He shrugs, luckily Elizabeth is not the only one to bring him information about the Queen.

'Just ask her if she will visit me from time to time, to inform me about Queen Katherine's health and good cheer, that's all I want to hear from her.' he smiles warmly.
Back to top Go down
Jane Craven
Duchess of York
Jane Craven

PostSubject: Re: Thomas and Joan's dinner room   Thomas and Joan's dinner room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 7:27 pm

"Oh I will,"I say to the cardinal and smile at Joan. I notice Wolsey's hand on Joan's I smile - they seem happy...like Thomas and I were.

"I must thank Your Eminence for your hospitality and you too Mistrss Joan for allowing me to visit you..."
Back to top Go down
Joan Larke
Governess
Joan Larke

PostSubject: Re: Thomas and Joan's dinner room   Thomas and Joan's dinner room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 11:40 pm

*when she says mistress she feels a bit uncomfortable, however she tries to smile and go ahead with the chat* is ok my lady, is a pleasure to have you here, specially after meeting your sweet and wise daughter, is so nice to have her mother here
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Thomas and Joan's dinner room   Thomas and Joan's dinner room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 7:21 pm

He nodd in agreement.
'We really enjoy your company, Lady Jane... I know you will leave after your son's wedding but please, feel free to visit us again whenever you come to court.'

He smiles warmly.
'I hope you like it to be back, even though it's for a short while... and things have rather changed.'
Back to top Go down
Jane Craven
Duchess of York
Jane Craven

PostSubject: Re: Thomas and Joan's dinner room   Thomas and Joan's dinner room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 7:13 pm

I smile as I finish the meal,"No thank you, Your Eminence and also you Mistress Joan,"I smile kindly at them both,"You have been most welcoming and kind..."

I gently dab my mouth with a handkerchief and then reply,"Oh it has been nice - a change of scenery. You must visit Your Eminence if you ever find the time-you are always welcome."

I glance out the window and see it is dark outside,"Forgive me - I did not realise the time. i should not have kept you here so long..."
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Thomas and Joan's dinner room   Thomas and Joan's dinner room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 7:04 pm

He smiles friendly while servants take away the remnants of the meal. They work quick and quietly, then leave.
´I would love to visit you some time, though I am very busy at the time.´ he shrugs.
´Well, never say never, who knows, I will keep your offer in mind, My Lady.´

Leaning backwards he shakes his head.
´You did absolutely not! In fact , I´d like to offer you a hyprocas, a very sweet liqueur, to finish our meal together. Would you fancy some?'
Back to top Go down
Jane Craven
Duchess of York
Jane Craven

PostSubject: Re: Thomas and Joan's dinner room   Thomas and Joan's dinner room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 8:32 pm

"Then I am glad you will at least consider it,"I smile warmly and smooth down my damask and cloth of gold dress,"Oh yes Your Eminence some hyprocas would be excellent..."
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Thomas and Joan's dinner room   Thomas and Joan's dinner room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 11:42 am

'Ahh... great! ' he gestures at a servant who serves the exquisite drinks.

'Have you already met your daughter-in-law? Are you pleased by your son's choice?' he asks, curious about the woman who he will marry to his old friend's son.
Back to top Go down
Jane Craven
Duchess of York
Jane Craven

PostSubject: Re: Thomas and Joan's dinner room   Thomas and Joan's dinner room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 4:26 pm

I take the goblet of hyprocas and take a small sip. I smile- it is delicious, the taste is strong but also delicate and light.

"Ah...Your Eminence this is delicious. I doubt it would have came with out any great expense on Your Eminences behalf-how could I ever repay you..."

I take another small sip and then reply,"Not yet but I have been told of her good nature, modesty and of course...beauty. I am sure she will be everything my son says she is- she is of Italian descent I am told..."
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Thomas and Joan's dinner room   Thomas and Joan's dinner room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 4:39 pm

He smiles warmly while he takes a sip himself, enjoying the delicious taste and smell.
'You don't owe me anything, Lady Jane, I'd say I owe you because I have kept your husband busy and away from home for so long. Besides, we only drink this at special occasions and this is a special occasion indeed!' His eyes glisten as always when he can spoil someone who appreciates it.

He bends over to Joan who is silent to make sure she is allright, but when she smiles and winks at him he feels relieved and turns to Lady Jane again.

'I've heard the same good things about her... your son seems to love her very much. He also told me her backgrounds and the possibility that they will move to Genoa once. I imagine you would not like that...'
Back to top Go down
Jane Craven
Duchess of York
Jane Craven

PostSubject: Re: Thomas and Joan's dinner room   Thomas and Joan's dinner room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 5:24 pm

I smile graciously as I enjoy the drink.

My mind then drifts to my son-it is true, Alfonsina may want to move to her home Genoa. I pray the forseeable future they have no plans to do so.

"Of course...I want my son to stay. Although I can understand her for wishing to return-I miss home even during my short stay in court...I have never been one for like in court though."
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Thomas and Joan's dinner room   Thomas and Joan's dinner room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 7:24 pm

He smiles understandingly.
´I hope for you that they decide to stay... and also for me, because I foresee a great career for your son at court. And I imagine that for you court life is not so attractive, unless you like the many parties and festivities´ he shrugs.
´Court life is something totally different than a life in the country, I guess.´
Back to top Go down
Jane Craven
Duchess of York
Jane Craven

PostSubject: Re: Thomas and Joan's dinner room   Thomas and Joan's dinner room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 5:24 pm

I laugh softly,"When I was a girl I did...the masque balls, the dancing and jousts were such fun but now I prefer a quiet life in the country. Thomas often told me of how court changed people..."

I then sigh a little remembering court when I was young.
Back to top Go down
Joan Larke
Governess
Joan Larke

PostSubject: Re: Thomas and Joan's dinner room   Thomas and Joan's dinner room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 5:27 pm

*Joan's in silence, because there's a word she doesnt like*
Back to top Go down
Jane Craven
Duchess of York
Jane Craven

PostSubject: Re: Thomas and Joan's dinner room   Thomas and Joan's dinner room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 5:30 pm

I turn to Joan and smile kindly,"Are you quite alright?"

She hasn't spoke much...well Wolsey and I were talking a lot of old times...
Back to top Go down
Joan Larke
Governess
Joan Larke

PostSubject: Re: Thomas and Joan's dinner room   Thomas and Joan's dinner room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 7:47 pm

*smiles* I'm fine my lady, would you like something to eat or drink?
Back to top Go down
Jane Craven
Duchess of York
Jane Craven

PostSubject: Re: Thomas and Joan's dinner room   Thomas and Joan's dinner room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 7:50 pm

"No thank you...this meal has been delicious. I must really take my leave of you both now...I thank Your Eminence I have enjoyed speaking of you-it has eased my grief,"I smile warmly and then stand.

I nod to Mistress Joan and then bow very deeply to The Cardinal Wolsey,"I thank Your Eminence again..."
Back to top Go down
Joan Larke
Governess
Joan Larke

PostSubject: Re: Thomas and Joan's dinner room   Thomas and Joan's dinner room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 7:55 pm

it was a pleasure to ahve you here, dont need to thank *smiles *
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Thomas and Joan's dinner room   Thomas and Joan's dinner room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 8:14 pm

He bows his head slightly and smiles.
'Lady Jane, it was a pleasure to have you here indeed, we both enjoyed your company very much. I wish you a good stay here and hope you will enjoy your son's wedding... and hopefully we will meet again some time.'

He takes Joan's hand in his and both of them accompany Lady Jane to the door. He nods at a servant and opens the door himself.
'Good night, Lady Jane.'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thomas and Joan's dinner room   Thomas and Joan's dinner room - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thomas and Joan's dinner room
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next