The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Queen's Trial

Go down 
+14
Thomas Howard
Cardinal John Fisher
Margaret of Austria
White Royalsun
Margaret Wyatt
Thomas More
Royce Westmoreland
Geoffrey Lonshord
Lorenzo Campeggio
Emilie De Fontanay
Anthony Knivert
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Charles Brandon
Henry VIII of England
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

Queen's Trial - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 11:01 pm

"Charles couldn't avoid to laugh after sir Anthony's words. He glanced teasingly at Boleyn and grinned secretely"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Charles Brandon on Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 9:30 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Wolsey listened carefully at sir Anthony´s words, it was important that he told Campeggio everything he knew.
As he noticed people laughing and there was noise, he nodded at the court usher who immediately bang the floor with his staff, shouting: Silence! Silence in the courtroom! and the laughing stopped.

He looked at Campeggio and spoke to him.
'I believe we still have the blood stained sheets to prove sir Anthony's story.'
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 9:44 pm

Norfolk laughed along with all the people laughing at Sir Anthoney's words, it was quite amusing. With satisfaction he saw that even Wolsey's pupil Cromwell who sat next to him had to make every effort not to laugh.
He tried to suppress his laughther as the court usher called for silence, but when Wolsey mentioned some sheets they could provide after all these years he burst out laughing gently.
He noted though that no one laughed anymore, bowed his head and bited his lips to prevent himself to laugh again.
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 9:38 am

The court convened again and after Campeggio opened it as usual, Wolsey stood up.

'The king wants to make a statement! Your Majesty...' he nodded at him and sat down again, looking at the attendees to make sure they all listened to their king.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 10:39 pm

Henry stood up after Wolsey's words and looked at crowd

I remind to everyone...that we're here for a reason. We're here because my conscience is troubled. All bishops agree to consider invalid this marriage, and to lighten my conscience. And they all signed a petition because of that!

He said firmly, turning towards Cardinals
Back to top Go down
Cardinal John Fisher
Bishop of Winchester
Cardinal John Fisher

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 6:35 pm

Untill this very moment bishop Fisher had not spoken a single word, but now he stood up and spoke urgently to the cardinals.

Your Excellencies, I tell you now that I never signed such document! And if my name is on this petition, Archbishop Warham put it there without my knowledge!

He neglected the rumpus behind him among the public and kept staring at the cardinals with sharp eyes.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 9:58 pm

Henry looked directly into Fisher's eyes. Then he put a grin on his face and shook his head

I won't talk with just only a man! My doubts about my marriages are right. Only God knows how many sleepless nights I spent because of that! And I won't allow to anyone to say...that Cardinal Wolsey put such doubts inside me! Because they come from my consience, and from my deep love and respect for the Queen...

After saying that, he heard people murmuring each other again. He looked proudly around and sat on his throne again

Back to top Go down
Lorenzo Campeggio
Bishop of Winchester
Lorenzo Campeggio

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 11:27 am

Campeggio looked around

"Silence! Silence please!"

He looked at Fisher

"Anything else Bishop Fisher?"
Back to top Go down
Cardinal John Fisher
Bishop of Winchester
Cardinal John Fisher

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 7:23 pm

Fisher nodded grateful at cardinal Campeggio and neglected the angrily faces of the king and cardinal Wolsey.

Your Eminencies, you have been asked to judge the validity of this marriage. It is my opinion, that no power, human nor divine can annul the marriage between the king and queen!

Silence. No one spoke in awaiting of more, so he continued.

Let me give you, if you allow me, a Biblical parallel. Undoubtedly, you remember the tetrarch Herod Antipas, who got rid of his wife to marry his brother´s wife. And who next beheaded John the Baptist because he dared to critisize the royal couple.

People murmured in disbelief after this comparison from the king with this famous Biblian tyrant, but he kept talking.

Like John the Baptist I say humbly to you today that I am willingly to offer my life to defend the holy sacrament of marriage and to condemn adultery!

Last edited by Cardinal John Fisher on Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 9:44 pm

Henry looked at Fisher with terrified eyes while he was talking. He couldn't believe to his own ears. Fisher was really comparing him to an ancient tyrant! But there was no time to shout against him. Trial had to go on. Then he decided to stay silent, looking around with a fake, careless air

Last edited by Henry VIII of England on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 6:54 pm

Wolsey listened with growing anger and annoyence at bishop Fisher and when Fisher finished his last sentence, he leaned forward to him and spoke dismissive.
`An outrage! It´s an outrage!´

A pandemonium broke loose among the attendees.
Bishop Tunstall, standing behind the king jumped at his feet and shouted above the tumult in the audience.

Your Eminincies! I accuse bishop Fisher of presumption, boldness and infidelity! I demand you to neglect every single despicable word he says!

But it was too late. It was not possible to remain the order anymore and people started to leave the room noisily, while Wolsey sat frozen and horrified on his chair.
He had no choice.

'Court dismissed for today!' He dared not to look at the king and lowered his head, his hands folden.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 8:59 pm

Henry looked towards Cardinals with disappointment in his eyes. He shook his head and stood up. There was no other choice than leaving the Hall and waiting for a new audience. Now everything was in Campeggio's hands and in his decision. He kept on walking towards door, while everyone were bowing at him
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 9:15 pm

Emilie leave the room at the same time as everyone, disappointed to see the trial wasted by people like this extremist Fisher.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 8:58 pm

Henry entered in Trial's Hall to attend last audience. Everyone bowed deeply as he entered and reached his throne. He saw Campeggio standing there. He was a very old man, and he hardly could stand on his feet. So he came closer and helped him to sit slowly by himself. He felt everyone was looking surprised at him. But everything was in Campeggio's hands, now. After making sure the old Cardinal was comfortable, he sat on his throne again, and kept on staring anxiously at him

Last edited by Henry VIII of England on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 9:31 pm

"Charles walked into Trial's Hall and took his place. He glanced at Wolsey. Then he turned his eyes towards the King. He looked very worried because of the verdict. The crowd was looking at Campeggio and he did too. He took a deep breath and waited silently for him to speak"
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 5:46 pm

Norfolk winked at Brandon as their eyes met. He looked at Henry, who gently helped the old cardinal sitting down, probably hoping to influence his decision with his action and then he saw Wolsey’s face and he surpressed a smile.
For Norfolk the outcome would be good, whether the annulment would be pronounced or not.
If the annulment was pronounced, the way to the throne was open for his niece, if not, it would only take another while, but meanwhile it would mean the end of that horrible Wolsey, who had promised
his king a good outcome before the summer. Norfolk smiled at himself and pulled a serious face.
Back to top Go down
Cardinal John Fisher
Bishop of Winchester
Cardinal John Fisher

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 5:54 pm

Fisher was present, the only defense of the Queen’s rights and though he appeared to be calm and certain of a positive decision for her, he felt rather precarious. He looked at the king and then at Wolsey and
noticed their anxiousness which gave him courage. He set his eyes on Campeggio, waiting for him to speak.
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 6:04 pm

Wolsey sat behind the table, his hands folden under his chin, hiding his nervousness about the outcome. Campeggio gave him no clue so he had to await his decision like everyone else.
He stared at the back of Campeggio who sat all alone before him, feeling the curious and gloating glances of Brandon and Norfolk, even though he tried to ignore them.
Campeggio took his time and Wolsey’s excitement grew, why didn’t he speak, where was he waiting for? He wiped his forehead as finally the king´s prosecutor came forward and addressed himself to the cardinals, asking about their decision. All eyes were now set on Campeggio and Wolsey held his breath.
Back to top Go down
Lorenzo Campeggio
Bishop of Winchester
Lorenzo Campeggio

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 7:48 pm

Campeggio stood up and he took a deep breath

-After much deliberation, we have decided that,this great matter is too important to be here decided without consultation with the curia at Rome.Unfortunately, the curia is now in summer recess.In which case there is no alternative but to prorogue thistribunal until October first.That is our judgment..
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 10:04 pm

After Henry heard Campeggio's words, he felt his blood becoming cold in his veins. He took not a final decision! He decided to delay further! He thought at Anne's words and took a deep breath. Everybody was murmuring each other in the Hall. Then he stood up and walked towards Campeggio. He looked at him with a shocked face. After that, without saying a word, he looked around and kept on walking silently towards Hall's entrance..

Last edited by Henry VIII of England on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 5:47 pm

Norfolk bowed his head while Campeggio was speaking and glanced aside at Brandon.
.... so again.... delay....! he whispered but then the king rose from his chair and all stood up, watching him leaving the room in silence.
Norfolk looked after him and then grimaced at Brandon.
... time to play the final card! he spoke softly while he moved his head, pointing out Wolsey.
Back to top Go down
Cardinal John Fisher
Bishop of Winchester
Cardinal John Fisher

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 5:58 pm

Fisher sighed in relief and smiled at himself. Campeggio had resisted the pressure and given back the case in the hands of the Pope!
He bowed deeply while the king passed him and then turned to people in the audience, whispering at him that he had done a good job and he shrugged humbly as he recieved their compliments, shaking some of them the hand.
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 6:27 pm

Wolsey listened and all hope disappeared by every word Campeggio spoke. He bowed his head and sighed deeply, but rose when everyone stood up for the king. With pain in his heart he saw Henry leaving and suddenly he came into action himself, he needed to get out of here!
He made his way behind the other clerics and as he walked on, he passed Campeggio, still sitting on his chair. He could not resist and put firmly his hand on Campeggio's arm, hissing at him.

'You!...you... stupid cunt!' he gave him no time to react and pushed on towards the Hall's entrance.

Back to top Go down
Henry VIII of England
King of England
Henry VIII of England

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 8:42 pm

Henry walked slowly along Hall, looking down. He still couldn't believe at Campeggio's words! He wasn't in mood to hear explainations and left silently the Hall

Last edited by Henry VIII of England on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 9:10 pm

"Charles bowed deeply as the King walked in front of them. He glanced at Norfolk and nodded after his sentence"

Yes...we have to act. We must. Now...

"He whispered secretely, looking at Wolsey. Noticing he was walking away, trying to leave the Hall, Charles left his place and reached him with quick steps. He put himself in front of Wolsey and stopped him"

Anyone will be fine...until we'll have Cardinals in England!

"He whispered angrily into his ear, grabbing strongly his arm and looking directly into his eyes"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Queen's Trial
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next