The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Queen's Trial

Go down 
+14
Thomas Howard
Cardinal John Fisher
Margaret of Austria
White Royalsun
Margaret Wyatt
Thomas More
Royce Westmoreland
Geoffrey Lonshord
Lorenzo Campeggio
Emilie De Fontanay
Anthony Knivert
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Charles Brandon
Henry VIII of England
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

Queen's Trial - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 6:51 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Wolsey looked at Brandon, who grinned at him and turned to him, speaking soberly yet his eyes nailed him down.
'Sir Brandon, of all men within this realm, you have least cause to dispraise or be offended with cardinals, for if I, simple cardinal, have not been, you should have had at this present no head upon your shoulders, wherein you should have a tongue to make any such report in despice of us, who intended you no manner of indispleasure; nor have we given you any occasion with such despight to be revenged with your hault words.
I would you know it, my lord, that my brother here and I intendeth the king and his realm as much honour, wealth, and quietness as you as any other, of what estate or degree soever he be, within his realm; and would as gladly accomplish his wishful desire as the poorest subject he had. But my lord, I pray you, show me what would you do if you were the king's commissioner in a foreign region, having a weighty matter to treat upon, and the conclusion being doubtful thereof, would you not advertise the king's majesty or ever you went through with the same?
Yes, yes, my lord, I doubt not. Therefore I would you should banish your hasty malice and despight out of your heart, and consider that we be but commissioners for a time, and can, ne may not, by virtue of our commission proceed to judgment, without the knowledge and consent of the chief head of our authority, and having his consent to the same, which is the pope.

Therefore we do no less nor otherwise than our warrant will bear us, and if any man will be offended with us therefore, he is an unwise man.
Wherefore my lord, hold your peace, and pacify yourself, and frame your tongue like a man of honour and of wisdom, and not speak so quickly or reproachfully by your friends, for you know best what friendship you recieved at my hands, the which I never revealed to no person alive before now, neither to my glory, nor to your dishonour.'

He nodded and went on his way.

(OOC: these words spoken are adopted from "Life and death of Cardinal Wolsey, a biography, written by George Cavendish, personal servant of Wolsey.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

Queen's Trial - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen's Trial   Queen's Trial - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 9:13 pm

"Charles listened silently at him. His arrogant words were making him nervous every second"

After Wolsey left, he remained silent in the middle of Hall, still staring at him. Then he took a deep breath, glanced at Norfolk again and left the Hall"

[OOC: Good job Wink ]
Back to top Go down

Queen's Trial
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4