The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Alice More's bedchamber

Go down 
+2
Geoffrey Lonshord
Charles Brandon
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

Alice More's bedchamber - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 5:30 pm

"I shall. Good night, husband." She smiled a little weakly and went back to her chamber.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 10:42 pm

Thomas smiled lovingly at her

Good night, wife...

He remained at the table thinking deeply for a while. Then tireness overwhelmed him and reached Alice in their bed
Back to top Go down
Margaret of Austria
Duchess of Savoy
Margaret of Austria

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 8:34 am

Margaret had not seen her friend Thomas More in a while, she has been in France and ruling her home country the Low Lands, but he was appointed Chancellor of England and she wanted to congratulate him. She also liked to meet his wife of whom he often spoke with love.

She knocked on their bedroom door and waited patiently if she could enter.
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 3:54 am

She answered the door, having let the servants have the day off, and when she saw Margaret she smiled widely, sweeping into a curtsy. "Your Grace, what a pleasant surprise! I did not know you were back in England. Please do come in." She had just tidied up and had placed a bowl of fresh fruit upon the table.
Back to top Go down
Margaret of Austria
Duchess of Savoy
Margaret of Austria

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 9:27 pm

Margaret smiled warmly as Alice opened the door herself, she reached her hand for hers and took it into her both hands, squeezing gently before she let go again.

Dear Alice, thank you for your most hearty welcome. Yes, I came back here only yesterday and it was too late to visit you. I hope I don't disturb you, I just wanted to congratulate you on your husband's appointment as Chancellor.
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 10:13 pm

"Thank you so much!" Alice beamed at her friend. "I am of course very proud of Thomas, though his responsibilities often keep him quite busy indeed."
Back to top Go down
Margaret of Austria
Duchess of Savoy
Margaret of Austria

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 10:10 pm

She smiled warmly and nodded.
I guess he is even more busy than he was accustomed... there are many problems to face. He is lucky to have you dear, so he can relax at times. He is so conscientious. And how are you, you are busy yourself, not only supporting your husband but also managing your family. Is everyone going well?
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 3:14 am

"Yes, I do keep quite busy," Alice said as she poured some wine for Margaret. "But I like to keep the family going, it energizes me. It gives me a reason to go on." She thought about the difficulties, the doubts she had about their sovereign, and wanted to tell Margaret her innermost worries.
Back to top Go down
Margaret of Austria
Duchess of Savoy
Margaret of Austria

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 7:00 pm

Margaret watched her pouring the wine and nodded slowly.

You have a wonderful family, I imagine they energize you, but I can also imagine that you worry for them at times. She took a pause, looked into her eyes and asked her with care.

So tell me, dear Alice, what do you really think of Thomas new position? I know he did not solicit this, even though he and the king are close friends.
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 5:26 pm

Alice nodded. "Indeed, I worry for them...quite a lot." She sighed as she took her seat. "You see through me, don't you Margaret?" she said with a tired smile. "In truth I like it not. I fear that often Thomas has to put his beliefs before the king's needs, and that could land him in trouble."
Back to top Go down
Margaret of Austria
Duchess of Savoy
Margaret of Austria

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 7:08 pm

Margaret smiled warmly though she felt that Alice was worried for the right reasons.
The king loves your husband very much, Alice. Did he not make him promise that he would always put his love to God first?

She took a sip of wine and looked at her.
I am sure that King Henry will always respect him, even though he may not always agree with him.
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 4:11 am

"He did, but the king seems to be after only what he wants, not necessarily what he should stand by," she countered, lightly referencing Anne Boleyn. "When someone always gets what he wants, he tends to neglect those matters he should not."
Back to top Go down
Margaret of Austria
Duchess of Savoy
Margaret of Austria

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 9:45 pm

Margaret nodded slowly and turned the goblet in her hand, thoughtfull.
I imagine that it is not an easy task to cope with, especially for your husband whose integrity and loyalty to his country is paramount. I assure you that Thomas has full support though, of my country, of my nephew the Emperor and also of the Pope. They all respect him very much. she paused and looked at Alice.

I heard that Henry proclaimed himself Head of the English Church and defied the Pope. I wonder what will happen next...
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 1:55 am

"I thank you," she said to Margaret, genuinely honored. "You are most kind. Unfortunately you are right about the  king denouncing and leaving the Church. I believe he will be excommunicated, if he has not been already. He is not the only king in the world, and just because we are an island unto ourselves doesn't mean we follow different rules."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 11:02 pm

Thomas entered in Alice's room. He hadn't talked with her since a while. And he needed her advice about something

Alice..are you there? I need talking with you...
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 10:39 pm

Hearing her husband at the door, Alice went to answer and greeted him warmly. "Dearest, I'm glad you're here. What do you wish to talk about?" She led him inside and towards the chair before the fire.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 10:43 pm

Thomas came into room. As he saw Alice he smiled. Then he kissed softly her lips and sat with her next to fireplace

My dear Alice...I missed you. You're the only one who always supported me. And..as you know, our faith in England is living hard times. The King doesn't accept my advices anymore. That's why...I decided to resign. I'm no longer his Chancellor..

He finally said. He took a deep breath. And staring at fireplace, he squeezed softly her hand
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 12:31 am

"Resign?" Alice repeated, her worried glance focused on him. "What did the king say when you told him this?"
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 10:22 pm

Thomas took a breath turning towards her again. He shook his head

He...he doesn't know that, yet. But I'm sure he will accept my decision. Alice..you know me. You know I can't act against my conscience. Henry made me a promise, once. He promised me that he would never force me doing something against my conscience. And to consider God first, and then him..

He paused and took another breath. His espression was serious, but he tried not to increase her worries

But..everything is changed, now. He even obteined the submission of Clergy. Do you know what this means, Alice? This means...that he has now the absolute power. No one had such a power before. And if even the Church is forced to recognize his authority...what will happen to all of us?

He added whispering almost to himself. He lowered his eyes, still keeping her hand in his
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 4:19 pm

Her eyes widened at the news. For the clergy to submit, Henry would rule over all church matters in England. "How can he even have achieved such a thing without incurring the wrath of the Vatican? He plays God!" She sat in her chair and shook her head. "I wish I could see into the future and relay all our fates, but since we must simply trust in God, we have to cling to our faith. I know you will do this above all else, Thomas my dear," she smiled at him.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 10:31 pm

Thomas took both her hands in his and kissed them deeply. Then he looked at her

Alice..promise me that you'll take care of my children. If..if something will happen to me. Especially Margaret. She is so scared. And she needs a mother. And I..I can't even imagine a most loving woman to entrust my children than you, Alice..

He said staring into her eyes. He loved her deeply. She was the only woman who brought him back to life after his first wife's death
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 1:08 am

She looked at him steadily yet lovingly and squeezed his hands in return. "I promise, upon my very soul I promise this, dear."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 8:43 pm

Thomas looked lovingly at her and kissed her hands again

Thank you..thank you, my love. This means a lot to me..

He said raising his eyes to meet hers
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 9:38 pm

She sighed deeply as she gazed at her husband. She never loved anyone so much and even the thought of losing him made her anxious. She decided to change the subject. "Have you seen or spoken to Meg lately?"
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 10:17 pm

Thomas nodded slowly smiling at her

Yes, my dear...I have. She looks very worried about my decision to resign. But I reassured her. I also talked with her about her engagement with William Roper. And she is very anxious to meet him..

He caressed her cheek with a soft movement of his hand

Oh and I gave her a pet as gift. That's a little dog. She adores it..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alice More's bedchamber
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next