The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Alice More's bedchamber

Go down 
+2
Geoffrey Lonshord
Charles Brandon
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

Alice More's bedchamber - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 11:55 pm

"I see no reason why they should change their minds. Our family has been raised since your own elevation at court, I should think anyone would be proud to be wed to Margaret, she is a clever and beautiful young woman.." Puzzled, she frowned looking up at her husband.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 10:44 pm

Thomas nodded and wrapped his arm around her shoulders

Yes...you're right. Maybe I'm just tired, and I worry too much, as always. But thank God I have you...

He said smiling and kissed deeply her cheek
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 2:37 am

"You should rest my love," she said, smiling as he kissed her cheek.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 10:43 pm

Thomas nodded and stood up, removing slowly her head from his shoulder

Yes, I think I should, my love. I will retire myself in my chamber, until I'll be well rested again. You deserve a rested husband...

He said jokingly and smiled
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 12:30 am

She smiled along with him. "Yes, a well-rested Thomas More is an efficient husband, and also a good statesman for the king." She kissed his cheek.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 11:04 pm

Thomas laughed again

Of course. You could read my Uthopia, in case you missed me. So I'll be always with you...

He leaned on her and kissed softly her cheek
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 2:38 am

"Then I shall read Utopia for the hundredth time, if only to be close to you in spirit." She smiled as he kissed her cheek. "Good evening my love, and good rest to you," she whispered.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 10:44 pm

Thomas smiled and caressed softly her brown curls. Then he took his hat from the table and left silently her room, without adding more
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 11:00 pm

Thomas entered in Alice's room with trembling steps. He was coming from dinner with Fisher and it was late in the night. Still pale and upset, he had to sit on a chair

Alice...are you awake?

He called, wiping the sweat from his forehead
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 6:13 am

Alice put down the book she was reading, her brow furrowed at her husband's tone of voice. "Thomas? I am awake, what...darling what has happened?" Thomas looked very pale and shaken. She bid him to sit down and handed him some water to drink. "My love...what's happened?"
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 10:21 pm

Thomas took a sip from water and took a deep breath

I had dinner with Fisher, tonight. But the soup was...poisoned. Someone tried to kill him. To kill us..

He added, trying hardly to calm down. He didn't want to scare her further, but he felt still upset and he couldn't hide his shock
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 1:14 am

She sat down next to him, eyes wide with fear at what she was hearing. "What?? Are you sure it was poison?" Her heart lurched when she realized Thomas could have died. "Who would do such a thing? I hope Bishop Fisher was not harmed."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 10:32 pm

Thomas rubbed his forehead and shook his head

Fisher is fine. He eat a few soup...and I haven't eaten at all. But four men died...

He paused and took another sip from water

We risked our life, tonight. I don't know who poisoned the soup. But one thing is certain: someone wants us dead..

He whispered looking straight into her eyes
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 12:00 am

Her heart almost stilled with this information. "Four men!" She put her hand on Thomas's, thanking God he was alive, with her now, his skin warm. Four men died... "I don't like you being at court, putting yourself at risk. There are too many who would do you harm."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 10:35 pm

Thomas shook his head and took her hand in his, trying to make her calm down. She looked even more agitated than himself

I'm fine, my love...I'm fine. God prevented Fisher and I from dying in this way. We should be grateful for that. Just...I need to be more careful in the future. If they failed...they could try again. Oh but...don't worry. You and our children are not in danger...

He added quickly, noticing her shocked expression
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 11:35 pm

She shook her head, still disbelieving it all. "I know, and I thank God you're safe, but when I think how close you came to dying..." She could barely spit the word out. "It's just a big shock, that is all."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 11:06 pm

Thomas nodded. He took gently her hand and squeezed it softly

I'm alright. I'm sure that Boleyn is involved. But surely the King will deny Boleyn's involvement in all this. And worse...we have no proves to accuse him. But for now, I'm just grateful to God for being still alive...

He said trying to reassure her. But he noticed how upset she was and wondered if it was wise talking to her about the attemped murderer
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 11:52 pm

"Boleyn?" she asked. "Oh, perhaps because of his daughter." It all began to fall into place and Alice could tell the reason behind the poisoning. "Perhaps the king may not see it, but God surely does."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 10:34 pm

Thomas nodded seriously

Yes...Boleyn. Fisher is the only one who refused to recognize the King as Supreme Heard of Church. The only obstacle for his plans. But the King is too blind, now. He doesn't even realize that his loyal subjects's life is in danger beacause of that. God help us...

He added, raising his eyes to ceiling with a deep sigh
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 11:39 pm

Alice felt helpless. She wondered what would happen next. "I think since he failed this time, he may try again," she whispered, as though the very walls had ears.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 11:33 pm

Thomas shook his head and tried to smile

Nothing bad will happen, my love. I'll be careful. And you and our children are safe. Go back to bed, now. No need to be worried for me...

He said smiling weakly, hoping to reassure her
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 12:33 am

She sighed and nodded, consenting to him. "I am glad you told me of this, though I still have worry in my heart." She smiled weakly and gave Thomas a light kiss before going back to her bed.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 10:42 pm

Thomas nodded but he grabbed her hand before she could standing up

Alice...don't talk with anyone about that. It could be dangerous...

He warned her with firm but tender voice
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 5:04 pm

Her dark eyes went wide as she heard her husband speak. "Of course, husband. Not a word shall pass my lips."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 10:38 pm

Thomas nodded again

Go to rest, now. I'll reach you in a while, my love...

He kissed her hand trying to show a relaxed and calm face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alice More's bedchamber
Page 9 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next