The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Alice More's bedchamber

Go down 
+2
Geoffrey Lonshord
Charles Brandon
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Alice More's bedchamber - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 10:21 pm

Thomas came back in Alice's chambers after talking with Henry. He removed his hat from his head and looked around

Alice...are you here, darling?
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 1:47 am

She had been reading by the light of the candle upon the desk and heard her husband come in. She shut the book and welcomed him warmly, a loving smile on her face. "I'm here. Welcome home my love. Do tell, how did was your meeting with the king?"
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 11:20 pm

Thomas smiled once he saw Alice and took a deep breath

Well...it seems he wants to get rid of cathoilc clergy, dear. And even worse...he has intention to appoint himself Supreme Head of the Church...

He rubbed his chin after this words, still not believing them
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 1:05 am

Alice's mouth was agape. "How...how can he do such? He really has no power to do that...does he?" She held Thomas's hands in hers.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 10:18 pm

Thomas took a deep breath while holding her hands

Unluckily he has. The Parliament declared his supremacy on the Church and the submission of clergy to him. We're on the edge of hell...

He added worriedly, looking outside window
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 12:42 am

Alice seemed confused by these words, letting the information sink in and attempt to make sense. "This is madness...how could anyone accept these terms? Surely there were some who were against it..." She looked to her husband with hopeful eyes.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 10:15 pm

Thomas nodded in agreement

Indeed. Fisher talked against this proposal, because anyone can be Head of Church at Pope's place. But Wareham suggested a votation. Henry will be appointed Supreme Head of Church, until Christ's law allows it...

He explained, feeling a bit warm. Probably because of agitation, rather than because of warm weather
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 4:10 am

She noticed Thomas looked very uncomfortable, and she worried for him. "Come, sit down. I shall bring you some cool water." She poured some into a goblet from a pitcher and handed it to him, standing behind him and placed her hands on his shoulders. "Surely this has all been too much for you, you should resign."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 10:29 pm

Thomas sat down and drank a sip from water. He shook his head after her sentence

I was thinking the same thing, Alice. But not now. The King needs me more than ever...

He answered thoughtfully, ataring at his glass
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 12:31 am

She snorted at his remark. "It seems he doesn't need anyone at all! If he can make up his mind, and name himself such grand things on a whim!" She stood with her hands on her hips, inflamed over the king's self-righteousness.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 10:22 pm

Thomas looked at her and shook his head. He caressed softly her elbow

He just thinks he is doing the right thing for the Kingdom. He can't realize he is just destroying it. Just trust me and everything will be fine, my love. You'll see...

He said while smiling weakly
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 12:49 am

She gave a long deep sigh, knowing she had to be calm and trust her husband's words. Though the thought of the king slowly but surely turning into a tyrant still niggled at the back of her mind, she allowed herself to relax. "You know I wouldn't be so upset over it if you weren't caught in the politics of it all. Oh, I wish we could give all this up and move out to the country, and live simply with few worries."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 10:24 pm

Thomas took her hand and leaned brought it unril his lips to kiss it softly

It would be simpler, yes. But I have duties here. I'm sure God gave me this mission. And I can't give up, my love. Not now...

He replied looking lovingly at her worried face
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 11:55 pm

She shook her head, tears blurring her eyes. "I hate it...I hate it! But I shall persist, because it is the right thing to do.." She sighed and took a seat, feeling as old as she was.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 10:32 pm

Thomas hugged her as she sat next to him and leaned her head on his shoulder. He caressed her cheek drying her tears

Don't cry, my love. Nothing bad will happen. I'm here...and I'll always protect you and our family. Trust me, my love. Trust me...

He whispered and kissed deeply her forehead. He sighed and looked around room, still holding her tightly
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 12:31 am

She let herself be comforted by him, and leaned her head against him. Her tears were drying and she felt tired, the energy sapped straight out of her. "I suppose I need a new hobby, something to take my mind of such affairs." She managed a smile at her husband.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 10:14 pm

Thomas kissed her head and smiled curiously after her words

A new hobby? Uhm...like what, my love?

He asked surprised, trying to catch her eyes
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 12:06 am

She looked up at him and grinned playfully. "Oh perhaps I can take up an interest in fashionable gowns, the latest dances, and all the gossip that goes on around court." She smiled. "Truthfully, all that would bore me to death. I think I would like to write.." she added on a whim.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 10:31 pm

Thomas laughed silently after her words and looked smiling at her still beautiful face

Writing, you say? Oh...you know I have nothing to complain about women having an instruction. I think one day it will be considered normal for a woman even studying at University. But...

He stopped and smiled playfully

But maybe you would be more good in gossip things, my dear wife. After all, this court doesn't lack of gossip...

He rolled his eyes and smiled again
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 12:22 am

"Oh is that so?" she laughed. "Perhaps I do know more gossip than most women, but I like to keep up with what is going on at court, it is merely a little pastime." She sat closer to him and stroked his cheek.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 10:30 pm

Thomas laughed after her and sighed

Of course, I know. I was just joking, darling. If only I had more free time, you wouldn't be alone all day...

He said apologetically and held her cheek in his hand
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 6:09 pm

"Sir Thomas More has a sense of humor! Now that is news to me!" she replied also in jest. She smiled lovingly at him. "So, have you seen Margaret? I've heard she has returned to court. I should like to visit with her, she is always so companionable."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 10:48 pm

Thomas nodded while smiling

Yes, she is back at court and I talked with her. You should see her. She is so grown...and she kept on writing too. I'm sure you both will have so much things to talk about...

He said caressing gently her cheek
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 12:23 am

"A writer! Well in that case I should doubly love to visit with her! I know from the last time we spoke she was eager to wed... is the Roper boy still available?" She smiled as Thomas caressed her cheek.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 10:27 pm

Thomas shrugged a bit and sighed

I think he is, my love. I have no news about Roper's family since weeks. Hope they didn't change their mind. Oh but in this case...the young William or his father would have told me. Don't you think?

He asked frowning looking down at Alice
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alice More's bedchamber
Page 8 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next